• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
  • Lucina
    Player level 15
    Floor 2: Urbus

Shiren and Hono started an intimate conversation after Hono snapped at her curiosity. From what Lucina was understanding out of this conversation, Shiren could only live when Hono is alive plus she would be deleted once the deadly game is beated. Shiren and Hono were two seperate bodies but seemed it seemed like they had shared one body for a short while... why was that? Why was Shiren dependent of Hono's body? The only thing that came to mind was that Shiren was an "Artificial Intelligence" which was an "AI" for short. AI's are made inside a system to monitor a certain section, every game has one and almost everyone knows about it but... why would it go inside the game itself?

As both girls embraced to comfort each other. Hono eventually promised Shiren they would find a way to keep her from being deleted, that's when a thought crossed Lucina's mind but she decided to ignore it as it seemed ridiculous to her. "We'll find a way... I'll help Hono with that." she faced the sobbing Shiren and patted her little head. "We should be able to retrieve your information and save it in our NerveGear at some point... right?" Lucina stood up and picked the young girl up. "Now I think about it, you look way too young to be an actual player." Lucina sighed. "Meaning that I'm going to bring you to bed now."

As Lucina walked towards the inn she stopped and looked over her shoulder to glance at Hono. "Are you coming? It's been a long day for you as well. You both need some rest." Lucina said with a warm smile spreading across her lips. Those two could sleep on her bed while she would stay awake to do other things. She probably wouldn't be able to sleep anyway after the strange events from today. Firstly she got attacked while grinding, then she was almost killed but saved by Robin, then she got into some cookie stand fight, then Godot came over to her and suddenly kissed her, then he said something rather surprising... as if he knew about Lucina's wish to die already and now Shiren is suddenly resurrected from the death. Lucina needed to process everything in her own brain for now and get her back to thinking straight again.

------
    «Lucina's white dress»

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Hono Nakamura ― «火の鳥»

Adorably Ecstatic

Chapter IV ― Part II
    "Family"

Urbus plaza
    x

"Nerve... Gear...?" Shiren asked, a bit too quietly.

Hono sighed a bit, standing up and following Lucina. "Maybe... But I must have the earliest model, so I don't know if it will work."

"I think I might know..." Shiren mumbled. She yawned and closed her eyes, her head resting on Lucina's shoulder. "I need... System console... information..." Shiren passed out then and there, and Hono sighed to herself.

"I wonder where we could find one of those even... I'm guessing mine doesn't count." She flicked her hand, glancing at her personal console before closing it. The message notification still flickered, but she didn't want to deal with it right now. As they got into the room, Hono closed the door behind them, unequipping her weapon and dress before climbing into the bed next to Shiren. She gave the pixelating little girl a slight glance. "She's been with me for as long as I can remember..."

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Turnip
    HP 41% | LV. 14 | XP 67% | Col 9437
    Location - Floor 2: Lone Tree

Looking over to Kagome, she appeared to be pretty much done. Turnip noticed that the PKer she was facing seemed unusually calm – but the axe-wielder was disintegrating, slowly. Funny, that. Some people in SAO seemed to disintegrate almost instantly when they died, others took a lot longer. Maybe it was something to do with the damage, maybe the way their NerveGear was set up – thinking about it, it could just be ping. Or maybe Kayaba controlled it, slowing down deaths when he felt it was appropriate. Whoever knew, Turnip didn't.

"Okay, so she's done." The armoured figure murmured, turning back to check Robin's situation. Had he heard Turnip's offer for help? He looked pretty angry at the PKer guy. "Robin? Help? No?"

Robin seemed entirely concentrated on the offensive. Turnip just shrugged, moving back up to the Lone Tree for a better angle and sheathing his sword. Kagome had apparently had the same idea, already resting her back against the trunk and saying something Turnip couldn't quite make out. The helmeted player turned and rested his back on the tree as well, opening his menu to inspect his new loot. He didn't have the chance, glancing upwards as noise from the battle interrupted him.

"...How dare YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!" Robin shouted, jumping into the air in an aerial attack. Turnip was silent for a little while before speaking.

"Bloody hell, it's getting pretty intense down there." Turnip commented, glancing at Kagome in recognition, "I usually just fight the guy and kill the guy. Am I doing something wrong?"

Robin, now victorious, returned to the group after a short while. He seemed a little breathless and generally hurt, but he was alive. He waited until he reached the Lone Tree before speaking, laughing shortly.

"One of you wouldn't happen to have an antidote on you, would you?" Robin asked, "...I'll talk as soon as I am treated."

Turnip almost laughed, scrolling down his inventory to his potions. He didn't care much for health potions, though he did have a few, as he could largely handle himself on the health front. He had decent amounts of potions for common status ailments, though, which were generally more of a pain than the relatively straight-forward health system. He selected an antidote, which materialised and plopped into the warrior's gloved hand. He held out the vial in Robin's direction.

"Did you never play Pokémon? These bloody things are gold dust."

Having handed over the antidote, Turnip folded his arms then raised his right hand and began lifting fingers for each point he made.

"Alrighty then – One: Who were those guys? Two: Why were they attacking you? And three: Why the bloody hell are we the first two people you think to call? I thought you ran with Not Batman."

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Robin - Lvl 11
    Floor 2: Lone Tree
    HP: 30% P - EXP: 69% (Update) - Col: 451 (Update)

Pokémon? Sure, Robin's played that game, before, but he wasn't addicted to it. Turnip looks through his menu & materializes a bottled antidote, then hands it over to Robin. He takes it then slowly gulps down the bottle. The poison icon that was near his HP bar instantly vanishes, so his HP stops depleting. Now that that's done, Robin can answer the group's question without danger to his life.

Turnip starts asking the questions, leaving Kagome to listen. "One: Who were those guys?"

"Those three are part of a dangerous group, a mafia, that someone had to deal with in the past. They were now that we've killed those three," Robin explains Turnip's first question. He decided to leave out Lucina so that they didn't know exactly who this someone is.

"Two: Why were they attacking you?"

"I had already killed a member of theirs trying to protect someone, so obviously they would target me. It's nothing new with the mafia." Robin's heard of mafias before: a criminal syndicate that secretly work for their own benefit. Disgusting people. But from Kagome's battle, maybe some have no choice. Guess some things are better left unsaid.

"And three: Why the bloody hell are we the first two people you think to call? I thought you ran with Not Batman."

...Somehow, Robin knew this question would come up. He would've answered anyway. He crosses his arms & thinks how to answer. "I needed some help. There are times when going solo is never good idea. You, Turnip, came first to my mind. Your mask, it's weird, no offense." ... "I take it you take it offensive anyway." Robin chuckles. His casual demeanor changes to that who doesn't fool around as he turns to Kagome. "You, I need to talk about what happened after the first floor boss: specifically, what happened with Hono & that PKer she teleported with." Robin pulls his hood over his face, getting ready to leave as soon as his own questions are answered. "Something's off about Hono that I can't put my finger on. Why she even bothered to teleport that PKer with her away. I want to know what became of her. The most important question I want to add: Why did Shiren become this Hono?"

There's also another question that Turnip & Kagome will obviously ask, but Robin himself doesn't know the answer: Why is a mafia in the game in the first place?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Kagome
    Lv. 15||Floor 2

"You?" Kagome responded with her hands on her hips. She was annoyed enough by the sudden call from Robin, but the fact that he had the gull to avoid addressing her by her name but also to not thank her shot her temper through the roof. "Do you...know what today's been like for me?" She put her finger up to her chin and tilted her head. "It-" she stopped. This was the beginning of a meltdown, and she could spot it early enough to call if off early. She let out a heavy sigh and said, "I don't really feel obliged to just give out information to someone if they don't even know how to express gratitude or address someone properly."

Kagome shuffled through her inventory and pulled out a teleport crystal. "Now, if you guys will excuse me, I have a turkey to cook." She opened her menu and sent a friend request to Robin. "I'd like it if you didn't reject my invite this time. After all, if you want to know about the meeting, it'd be best if you knew where I was to ask me." She turned to Turnip. "Good work today, Alphonse. Can't wait to work with you again." She turned back to Robin, and with a smile, she winked. "Ciao." Kagome activated the crystal and returned to Urbus.

With yet another sigh, Kagome looked up at the sky and said, "Whelp, time to go find a recipe book.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Turnip
    HP 48% | LV. 14 | XP 67% | Col 9437

Turnip was silent as Robin answered his questions, besides the occasional 'hmm'. The white-haired guy seemed to be deliberately hiding the identity of this 'someone' – Turnip came to the conclusion that it was definitely someone specific, and someone Robin knew rather than just some random person, but frankly the helmeted player didn't care enough to pry. Maybe he'd find out anyhow, but what reason Robin could have for hiding things from him he didn't really know. He guessed that Robin was the kind of person who just hid things for the sake of hiding things.

The armoured figure was surprised that he was first to come to Robin's mind. At the mention of his 'mask' and its supposed weirdness, though, he tensed slightly and drew a breath of irritation. He forgot his anger quickly when the conversation got more interesting.

"You, I need to talk about what happened after the first floor boss: specifically, what happened with Hono & that PKer she teleported with. Something's off about Hono that I can't put my finger on. Why she even bothered to teleport that PKer with her away. I want to know what became of her. The most important question I want to add: Why did Shiren become this Hono?"

Hono? Who the- oh, the fire-bird-sword-idiot? Looking at Kagome's coat, Turnip noticed it was the same one the PKer, Nirvana, had stolen from the box loot. How'd she manage to get it back? Did she kill the PKer? And how did Phoenix fit in with it all?

"You?" Kagome ignored the question for now, seemingly thoroughly annoyed. "Do you...know what today's been like for me? It-" she stopped for a while. She let out a heavy sigh and said, "I don't really feel obliged to just give out information to someone if they don't even know how to express gratitude or address someone properly. Now, if you guys will excuse me, I have a turkey to cook." She sent a friend request to Robin, which seemed a little odd to Turnip considering the circumstances. Still, he was hardly a master on the subject. "I'd like it if you didn't reject my invite this time. After all, if you want to know about the meeting, it'd be best if you knew where I was to ask me." She turned to Turnip. "Good work today, Alphonse. Can't wait to work with you again."

Turnip was a little indignant, "Alphonse? Seriously, I- actually, I can't argue with that."

Kagome turned back to Robin, and with a smile, she winked. "Ciao." And then she was gone. Alone with Robin now, who had drawn up his hood, Turnip's anger reignited. He drew his sword from his back, flipped it in his right hand once, and then… gestured to his helmet.

"Alright, what in the Nine Hells is wrong with you? This is NOT a 'mask', this is a ****ing HELMET. It is NOT 'weird', it is really not AT ALL different from ANY OTHER BLOODY FULL-FACE HELMET. Have you not seen helmets before?! For gods' sake, get it into your BRAIN. CHRIST. UGH." Turnip stabbed the ground with his sword, sighed heavily, then looked back to Robin. "Ok, I'm done."

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Robin - Lvl 11
    Floor 2: Lone Tree
    HP: 30% - EXP: 89% - Col: 1051

Kagome looked upset, anger welling up inside her. She was about to rant at Robin for his rudeness, which he can never help sometimes, but soon calmed down. Instead she began lecturing him about his manners & attitude. Robin grunts without moving his head anywhere as a blush appeared around his cheeks. Good thing his hood covers the top half of his face. She opens her menu & Robin suddenly receives a «Friend Request» from Kagome. He sighs, listening more to what Kagome has to say, like if he wants any information about Hone & the PKer. Swell, real swell. She speaks to Turnip & calls him Alphonse. Who's Alphonse?

Kagome finishes her statements with a smile, a wink towards Robin to which he responds with another blush & covering his mouth while turning away, & teleporting away. "Just great..." he speaks lightly to himself.

Robin was alone with Turnip now. Turnip first response was a sword. Robin thought he would turn against him, so he was about to respond with his own sword when Turnips gestures his sword towards his mask. "Alright, what in the Nine Hells is wrong with you? This is NOT a 'mask', this is a ****ing HELMET. It is NOT 'weird', it is really not AT ALL different from ANY OTHER BLOODY FULL-FACE HELMET. Have you not seen helmets before?! For gods' sake, get it into your BRAIN. CHRIST. UGH." Turnip stabbed the ground with his sword, sighed heavily, then looked back to Robin. "Ok, I'm done." Was he for real? Robin releases the grip he had on the handle of his «Anneal Blade», sighed & shook his head.

Robin gazes at the night sky, thinking of the next words to say, which wasn't that difficult, "If it's a helmet, it is strange for it to look like a mask. It's only my opinion though, so why should you care what I think of it?" Robin gave that a moment to sink in for Turnip before continuing, "I still don't trust you...but maybe there's a chance I can." Robin opens his menu & taps a few buttons that leads to his item storage. "I have some more business to attend to, so we'll meet some other time." A teleportation crystal appears in Robin's hands, but just before he tells his destination, he recalls Kagome's words: "I don't really feel obliged to just give out information to someone if they don't even know how to express gratitude or address someone properly."

What a pain... Robin lowers his hand holding the crystal & speaks shyly, "Oh, &...th-thanks." Robin instantlly shouts his next words, "Teleport! «Urbus Town»!" With this whole ordeal partly over, Robin arrives back at the plaza of Urbus. He looks at the «Friend Request» issued by Kagome, then reluctantly accepts, opens his menu, then taps a few more buttons to message.

To: Kagome

Subject: Information

Now that I'm your friend, I'd like some information about that request of mine, if you will.

Robin sends his message & waits near a bench. This whole friend thing is troublesome...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

• Rise Amagawa||Apathy
    Lv. ?||Floor 2

Apathy looked at her menu, then to Ashley. "I actually don't think there's anything weird about having breakfast for dinner." She then turned to the waitress and said, "Double sundae, please." She looked away and then looked back at her. "And please, keep your eye on the birdie." This prompted a suspicious look from the waitress, but she wrote down the order, took their menus, and walked away regardless. Apathy rested her hands in front of her, and gave her attention to Ashley. "So, I was thinking, we-" She was interrupted by a sudden message prompt.

The mere fact that Apathy got a message almost made her jump, she didn't get messages very often with her incredibly small Friends List, and upon seeing that it was from Godot, her chest lightened. She was scared to read it, and considered deleting it without doing so. It was fear borne from her overcaution that he may leave her, something largely influenced by Kagome's resentment of her, and this was strengthened by the fact that she stormed away last time she saw him. She didn't, however, and powered through, opening the message and reading it.

Spoiler:

Apathy's face reddened slightly. She was overcome with a sense of relief, and she almost wanted to smile. Almost. She was so glad, in fact, that she didn't want Ashley to see her face, and looked towards the nearest window. She was filled with excitement...but then she realized, Ashley didn't have anyone to spend Christmas with. The redness faded from her face, and thoughtfulness took its place. "So..." she back to Ashley. "How about we-"

"Here you are." The waitress came back with food in hand, placing the eggs with hashbrowns and the sundae in front of Ashley and Apathy respectively. Apathy was slightly annoyed, but she couldn't be too angry because they were being fed. She thanked the waitress and stuck a spoonful of the sundae into her mouth.

"...You wanna hang out tomorrow?" She said with the spoon hanging from her mouth. "I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I knew you were going to be spending Christmas alone."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Ashley Leigh ― «愛の力»

Unenthusiastically Emotional

Chapter I ― Part X
    "Brimming with Excitement"

Urbus Restaurant
    x

"So... How about we-"

"Here you are." The waitress placed their food on the table, and Apathy thanked her before she walked off.

"...You wanna hang out tomorrow? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I knew you were going to be spending Christmas alone."

"Do-- I, uh--" Ashley froze a bit. "B-But it's Christmas, wouldn't you rather--" Freezing again, she tried once more. "I mean, I don't want to in--" Her face red by this point, Ashley let herself fluster slightly; though, a lot more confusing to watch when done with no expression. "I-I mean-- Uh... E-Eh... Okay..." Ashley grabbed her upper arm impulsively, rubbing it anxiously. "I just..." She sighed, taking several moments to compose herself. "... You're the only person excluding my parents to spend Christmas with me."

Thinking of her parents for a several seconds, Ashley had begun toying with her eggs. "Come to think of it... You're the first person to not treat me like I'm helpless." She took a few bites of egg, watching her plate quietly. "My parents were the only ones that were nice to me, sure, but..." Her grip tightened on her fork slightly. "They pity me, and I don't like it. I know I can't do anything about my condition, but I don't need to be reminded of it every time they speak to me." Her grip tightened, though she quickly loosened it and dropped the fork. "I'm still a person... I'm not any lesser, just because I can't show my feelings." She paused for a moment, her dark gaze downward turning to an attempt at chirpiness when she looked up at Rise. "I guess I would be really good at poker, at least."

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

• Rise Amagawa||Apathy
    Lv. ?||Floor 2

Apathy simply looked at Ashley, feeling sympathy for her. She took another bite of her sundae and sighed. "...I took on the name Apathy because of Kagome. Y'know, my sister that almost killed me in the dungeon. Up until around a month ago, I was what you would consider a 'normal girl', and my username was different. LukArt, a pun on my middle name." She looked away, as to hide herself from Ashley out of embarrassment. "I was such a dork back then..." She sighed and contiunued on. "There was an orphanage on the first floor called The Caged Bird. Well...I guess it was more of an All-Day Care than an orphanage, but I used to spend a lot of time there. At the time, we were really close, and she would tell me everything." She took a few scoops of her ice cream let them melt in her mouth. "We were like sisters, even though she didn't..." She looked up, trying to calculate something in her head. "Hold on...this might be a bit confusing...let me start from the beginning."

"Me and my sister, who was originally named Kagome Amagawa-Evans, hadn't actually met as children. She was older than be by three years, and my parents had to give her up and my parents were hard up at the time." She looked up at Ashley. "You wouldn't believe the amount of stigma that came with their marriage. There was no financial support. It was a classic case of Romeo and Juliet, only if it were a matter of race and not name. There could have been some history between the two, but for all that I know it was just a racial feud. Kagome was a casualty of it all. Well...I guess it would be better if, for the sake of the story, I called her by her real name: Natalia. Though she always preferred that I call her Mimi, a nickname stemming from her 'mysterious' middle name, which was Hitomiko." Apathy put her spoon in her mouth. "Anyway, it was easily the biggest regret of my parents' marriage, giving Mimi up, and they've never forgiven themselves for it." She grabbed at the air. "O-" She grabbed a few more times. "Ugh...I forgot to get a drink..." She sighed and slumped down in her chair...before remembering that she was telling a story.

"...Sorry about that." Apathy regained her composure and took another bite of her sundae. "So yeah, I grew up as an only child. I really was an unfortunate birth...or I guess I was the fortunate one. Kagome was given away and I was allowed to stay because they were just better off at the time. But I think me being born really tore into my parents like a knife...y'know, that even though they now had a child, the other was somewhere else under the care of someone else and probably wasn't even privy to the idea that she may have been adopted. They told me, though. I ended up finding her on some social media website...but I could never talk to her. I was too afraid. It wasn't easy talking to a sister who wasn't even aware of my existence. And this went on for years." Apathy put her elbow on the table, rested her chin on her hand, and started to stir her sundae. "Sometimes I would start writing a message only to think that it wasn't good enough, other times I would finish a message but not have the strength to press 'Send'. And this went on for years. So to answer your question about whether I started to play because of someone...partially. I was something of a gamer, so SAO caught my eye. But it wasonly after I saw that she'd bought a copy, which she posted about, that it no longer became a choice as to whether I would buy it or not. I was operating under some incredibly small wish that I would meet her in-game. The chances were small it was a wonder that it happened at all."

She took a sip of her now soupy sundae and rested both of her arms on the table. "So, I guess this all comes full circle. I was wondering around the Town of Beginnings one day and I saw a girl crying. I couldn't see her face, it was hidden in her hands, but I went over to console her. When she raised her head...it was Hitomiko." Apathy rested her spoon on the plate and looked to the window once again. "She was crying because she'd recently lost her brother. She would recount the days when they were younger, and she'd talk about how, even when she turned nineteen, he always babied her. I could tell that he really cared. I know she cared about him. I was envious of her brother. He had what should have been mine. I can't say that I was spiteful, though. After all, I was spending time with my sister for the first time. After that, I just kept checking in on her...and eventually we became as close as sisters. We learned everything about each other...but it wasn't until I decided to tell her the truth about how we were related that I learned about her temper." She turned back to Ashley and said, "You pretty much experienced that first hand. She's frightening when she gets mad, and even scarier when she gets angry. She doesn't bluff, either; she has bark to go with her bite. I'd seen snippets of it when she would sometimes snap at the children or other times when we'd go hunting...but I'd never seen her as terrifying as she was that day. It was like nothing I'd ever experienced. It wasn't tame at all, either. She cut off my arm and threatened to kill me if I stayed there. Any positive feelings she had toward me...they were dashed to erased. But even still, I lo...looo..." It still wasn't any use. "I cared about her. But I cast out emotion...and I cast out the world. I even threw LukArt out, because there was no one that cared for her. That's what she convinced herself of at least...and then she died.Born from her crumbled feelings and dashed dreams was Apathy, a girl with no emotions other than hate. That's what she thought, anyway...until she met a man and a girl who would care for her regardless of blood or circumstance."

Apathy fell silent as her face reddened. "I'm telling you this because as similar as we appear...I can't really relate. I'm a fake. My emotions have been stunted, but I they're all still there. I'd hardly call myself the personification of hate. I lo- you, anyways. I don't treat you the way I do because we're alike or because you're helpless, I treat you the way I do because we get along. That's all there is to it. There's a world of others out there who will see you the way I do, and I have proof of that." She sipped some more of her drink. "...But that's for tomorrow.

Kagome watched as Robin arrived in Urbus and wrote his message to her. Rather than reading the message, she instead walked behind the bench that Robin waited on and stepped over it, taking a seat. She casually hung her arms over the back of the bench and crossed her legs. She opened the message and read it, saying, "'Now that I'm your friend, I'd like some information about that request of mine, if you will.' Even in writing you can't ask something politely, can you?" She took a bite out of a gingerbread cookie she'd bought prior to Robin's arrival and sighed, looking up at the sky. "It's so nice to be able to sit down for a minute and get away from all the craziness, y'know? Especially during the Christmas season. You see all of these people running around, trying to make gifts for people who they've only known for a short time."

She shifted her head towards Robin. "What are you doing for Christmas? Got anyone to spend it with?" She looked up again. "...Of course you do. You have people to spend it with, the question's whether you'll spend it with them or not." Kagome looked down at her breath and watched it become a puff of frost. "Jesus...it's cold out here..." She said under her breath. She scooted closer to Robin and crossed her arms, practically sitting against him for warmth. "Not quite as comfortable as bro, but..." She yawned and closed her eyes. "It'll do. Now how about you try again, and be sure to ask this time. I'm doing this for you, after all.

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Turnip
    HP 60% | LV. 14 | XP 67% | Col 9437

Robin looked up to the sky, not entirely responsive at first. Is this guy even taking me seriously? Turnip wondered. I mean, sure, I'm not entirely serious, but that hasn't stopped him in the past.

"If it's a helmet, it is strange for it to look like a mask." Robin said, "It's only my opinion though, so why should you care what I think of it?"

"It's an <iron plate heavy helmet> - whether you think it looks like a mask or not, it's a helmet, and you calling it a mask is confusing and annoying."

"I still don't trust you..." Robin continued.

Wait, so I've warned him about PKers, fought at his side in the boss battle, and may well have just saved his life by turning up here… and he still doesn't trust me? Talk about standards. I don't know how he feels about the others, maybe he's just helmet-racist.

"…But maybe there's a chance I can." Robin finishes, tapping around in his menu. "I have some more business to attend to, so we'll meet some other time. Oh, &...th-thanks. Teleport! «Urbus Town»!"

Turnip gave a short, half-hearted wave as Robin left. He reached over his back and sheathed his sword before letting himself sit down, resting his back on the Lone Tree. It was getting fairly late now, too late for the Rudolph quest, at any rate – he'd have to do that tomorrow. Apparently there was a high level requirement for it, his current level, in fact, so he might have to prepare a little more than usual. The armoured figure sighed and folded his arms, looking out to the Urbus town lights. Christmas. A time of happiness, peace, togetherness – apparently. Turnip did feel a slight pang of loneliness, he admitted, but he was more than used to being alone. Frankly, he thrived on it a lot of the time, and often even found comfort in it. And yet, it did bother him a little as to why.

Robin's a little hostile, yeah, but meh. He's distrustful, shy, and I think he was actually struggling to thank me just then. And I thought I lacked social skills.

He drew Boomeraxe from its belt and gazed at the axe's slightly blue-tinted surface.

Kagome's alright. Evidently a decent fighter, and the FMA reference was at least a seven out of ten. Godot was a little pissed off, but that was probably a bit of a bad time, plus I was being a bit of an arse. Heheh, I do need to try that dagger out at some point, though.

Turnip threw Boomeraxe outwards, and as he continued to launch and catch it the lights of Urbus and the Lone tree were reflected, glittering on the blade's surface.

Not Batman and that bard effectively disappeared after the boss battle, as far as I've seen. And that's pretty much everyone I know – everyone reliable, anyway. Funny, that's six people. Standard party size. And my main judgement of them has come from the boss battle… seems like life-threatening fights are my main source of social interaction. Who knew?

The helmeted player stopped his throwing of Boomeraxe. He flipped the weapon once in hand before returning it to his belt, slowly rising from his sitting position in the process. Turnip, running through in his mind what he could do next, was faced with indecision. He considered going to sleep now, though he could grind some more instead. It was that awkward time where it was a little too early to go to sleep, and yet a little too late to do stuff. If he was going to sleep, he'd want to do it here, too, because it was closer to the dungeon with Rudolph's quest. It wasn't a safe area, though. Then again, he was defensive enough in his sleep – perhaps too defensive, as this morning demonstrated – and he'd noticed that player-killing, or, uh, player-killer-killing, did award a good amount of experience. Now, he wasn't about to go killing innocent players, but becoming a target could help to weed PKers out, who were murderers and probably deserved to die anyhow. Besides, he'd hardly be hunting them down.

And he was too lazy to walk back to Urbus. There's always that.

In his standing position, Turnip rested his back fully against the Lone Tree, lowering his head into a resting position. With that, he relaxed. There were less people around the Lone Tree, now – assumedly most people were going back to the towns to sleep, by now – but a few were still here. They were a source of background noise, but Turnip could ignore them enough to manage drifting off.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    ∣ Alucard
    H3zu5eJ.png
    100%
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    Urbus

Chapter Two: Part Two
    Alucard the Humbug

Alucard walked around the streets looking for Santa when he saw a large line

"What could this be all about?" Alucard thought to himself as he walked over.

"Is that Santa?" Alucard exclaimed before the person in front of him turned around.

"Yeah it is Santa; I'm lining up to see what he has to say. How cool is this!" the man said looking as if he just won the lottery.

"Eh, I guess it can't be that bad." Alucard mumbled back.

"Huh? Wait where are you going?" the man asked as Alucard turned his back and walked off.

"It's probably just a quest giver nothing much, don't wish for something to unbelievable." Alucard replied as he continued down the icy streets.

Alucard spent the next few weeks battling and grinding for experience waiting for the christmas festivities to end.

"Bah Humbug! You just hate christmas!" A red haired warrior wearing blue armor unique to his guild pointed.

"Yeah say what ever you want! I just don't feel up to it anymore it's not like we will see the real world for quite some time now." Alucard retorted.

"Eh I guess you're right. Just could you at least pretend to enjoy the festivities. It's freaking snowing this is so cool I don't even know how they could program this stuff to happen at certain dates!" the warrior replied.

"Oh my god, are you that stupid Roy? They do it in all sorts of games!" Alucard replied doing a facepalm.

"Heh well you got me there. Still what do you think of the offer. We have been partying ever since christmas eve and we could use you in the guild!" the man named Roy asked.

"Hmm okay I guess I should join but you know blue doesn't suit me." Alucard replied.

"Okay I will see if Lyndis can get you anything in black. It's good to have you with us, we might be able to reach the front lines with you helping us!" Roy continued.

"Ha, so how do we make this thing official?" Alucard asked.

"Well we will have to go back to HQ on the first floor it's in the town of beginnings everyone pulled in and deposited some money and we finally got the house!" Roy said.

"Well then what are we waiting for let's go!"

CSS by Dusk​

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Robin - Lvl 11
    Floor 2: Urbus Town Square

As Robin was waiting for a reply from Kagome, she insteads sits next to him rather than reply to his message. A message would've been fine. She began reading the message Robin sent her, "'Now that I'm your friend, I'd like some information about that request of mine, if you will.' Even in writing you can't ask something politely, can you?" Robin sighs in reply & crosses his arms & closes his eyes.

"S-so what?" Robin makes his comeback.

Kagome took out a gingerbread cookie & bit into it. When was she gonna spill the beans to Robin? He hasn't got all day. "It's so nice to be able to sit down for a minute and get away from all the craziness, y'know? Especially during the Christmas season. You see all of these people running around, trying to make gifts for people who they've only known for a short time." ...Robin is getting a little impatient here.

I never asked to have a social conversation with her.

Kagome turns her head towards Robin, "What are you doing for Christmas? Got anyone to spend it with?" She looks up again at the sky. Robin didn't want to think about that question too much.

"I-"

"...Of course you do. You have people to spend it with, the question's whether you'll spend it with them or not." That's a not.

Robin grunts as his teeth clench, "Their's no one to spend it with," he answers as calmly as possible. He wonders how much longer til Kagome leaks the information. As I've said, this whole friend thing is troubesome. It gets more troublesome for Robin when she suddenly leans closer to him for warmth. A blush appears & deepens on his face. Luckily, his hood hides part of his face.

Too bad his hood doesn't conceal his voice. Kagome yawns as he stays close to Robin. "Not quite as comfortable as bro, but..." Why...?! "It'll do. Now how about you try again, and be sure to ask this time. I'm doing this for you, after all." She asks for too much.

Robin grunts a little too much until he is silent. He is in a very uncomfortable position here, but it looks like he'll have to ask Kagome nicely if he wants to get some info out of her. "W-will you p-p-please..." To be honest, Robin doesn't exactly know how to act socially since he was always serious when it was necessary, "...tell me, a-about...my request...?" he was practically holding his breath as he asked as nicely as possible, so when he finally got through to asking, he was barely able to relax. Not completely, with Kagome leaning on him. At least he's able to breathe a little better.

As he crosses his arms, Robin has enough of Kagome's closeness. "Please don't get so close to me..." he breathes lightly, positioning himself in self-defense, while sitting. It's a sitting position on a bench, how else is it described?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    ∣ Alucard
    H3zu5eJ.png
    100%
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    Town of Beginnings

Chapter Two: Part Three
    Alucard the Guildie!

Alucard and Roy fled the Inn leaving their half-drunk cups of tea to freeze in the winter morning air.

"I'm gonna use my Teleporting Crystal to go straight there, I will put a marker on your map for where it is." Roy said stopping Alucard in his tracks.

"Okay." Alucard replied waiting for Roy to finish his business.

"Okay all set! Now I'll be off and I need to send a message to all our guild mates on what's happening." Roy said before dissipating into cold air.

"This will be quite an experience for me." Alucard shrugged before teleporting into the centre of the Town of Beginnings.
    "So we got to go there, no wonder they got it so cheap." Alucard said to himself as he saw that the guild's base was in an area with no view and narrow streets.

"Knock knock!" Alucard yelled belting his fist against the mahogany door.

"Oh is that you Alucard? I will be just a moment I just need to tell Roy of your arrival.

"No worries Lyndis!" Alucard yelled back shaking his head at the indestructible object sign that popped up.
    "I'm not trying to break this door it looks like it's made of mahogany for christs sake!" Alucard said to himself.

"You know, it's just made of data, you shouldn't talk to yourself all the time either, people might think you're going crazy!" Roy said blasting the door open.

"Hey! I can't be going crazy at my age and plus what would you know, we might all have just gone crazy!" Alucard exclaimed.

"Hey I was only joking with you, come in this is our secret lair." Roy said panning his arms as Alucard looked through the room.

"Hmm so that's why you bought this place?" Alucard asked.

"No we bought it because it was a bargain can you see the design of the house the architecture it's beautiful!" Roy replied.

"Yeah it's a masterpiece alright." Alucard said mockingly.

"Ha well anyway make yourself at home, and when you're ready come up stairs." Roy said as he disappeared upstairs.

"Will do, eh what's this?" Alucard said picking up a small statue of a dolphin.
    "We can't all be judges." Alucard thought to himself as he sat the dolphin back onto the desk and then continued to look around the room.
    "Hmm this seems pretty ordinary, a table with one, two, three… seven chairs and what's this ah a fireplace I never had one of those I see they have this nice sword positioned above this. I wonder if that's a customizable option in the game or it's just there, I wouldn't mind putting my Azure Rapier up there." Alucard thought to himself as he walked around the room before heading upstairs.

"Hello Alucard you made it up the stairs well done." Roy said.
    "Took you long enough" he then mumbled.

"So this is the gang, you already know Lyndis but anyway." Roy continued.

"Hey Alucard you finally took Roy up on his offer?" Lyndis the blue haired girl besides Roy said.

"Yeah I did, being in a guild might be better than just gambling all my money on useless PvP fights." Alucard replied.

"Hey there Alucard, I've heard some good things about you, my names Leif!" A brown haired boy wearing a regal cape, and crude leather armor said.

"Hello nice to meet you Leif." Alucard replied nodding.

"Hey my name is Ephraim. I see we will be fighting alongside one another. Don't touch my sister though or my Lance will be what you will have to answer too. I wouldn't mind fighting you though to see who the strongest is!" A young man with turquoise coloured hair said.

"Uhm, okay Hello Ephraim it should be fun to fight alongside you." Alucard said not sure what might happen if he really did touch his sister.

"Hello, I know my brother can be a bit impulsive but he really is nice. My name is Eirika, please try not to fight with my brother." A blue haired girl with red leather armor said bowing her head.

"Hello Eirika, I don't plan to fight with anyone here I assure you that." Alucard replied with a smile on his face.

"Hi, my names Ike, welcome to the family!" A blue haired boy with a red cape and blue leather armour said.

"Hey, thanks for the welcome." Alucard replied.

"Hello Alucard I'm Catria, welcome. My sisters are currently out but you'll meet them soon enough! " A blue haired girl wearing blue armor smiled.

"Ha well hello Catria, thanks for the heads up" Alucard said confused.

"Welcome to the guild, call me Alm!" a green haired boy with blue tips and wearing blue armor said.

"Hello Alm, I shall!" Alucard replied.

"Okay that concludes all welcomes we have a few more guildies but they couldn't make it apparently super official secret business or something or other. If you don't know already we all tapped into the game together we all know each other from school and we have held strong ever since!" Roy said.
    "I invited you to join us because you saved me quite a few times when I was in danger it's the least I can do." Roy continued.

"Hey I only saved you that time because I couldn't stand to see another person die in front of me." Alucard replied before a grim aura enveloped the room.

"So, Alucard can you tell Ingward to meet up with me in the next few days I want to invite him into the guild as well." Roy asked as they both sat down in a familiar tea shop.

"Yeah sure…" Alucard replied.

CSS by Dusk​

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Ashley Leigh ― «愛の力»

Unenthusiastically Emotional

Chapter II ― Part I
    "Christmas Cheer"

Urbus Restaurant
    x

"I... Don't care." Ashley spoke mildly, sliding out of her booth and sitting next to Rise and hugging her suddenly. "By that I mean... I don't care that your being as you are is real or fake or whatever. I only care about who you are now. And to me, you're a very good person right now." Ashley opened her menu, cycled through items, and tapped a specific button twice. Two red cans appeared on the table, Ashley grabbed one and pulled the pin, cracking open a hole on the top. "I don't know if you like cola or not... I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with soda, I always have a variety." Ashley watched the can as she spun it slowly in her hands. "There's an NPC in one of the alleyways in Town of Beginnings that sells these... It's well-hidden." She took a sip, sighing contentedly as she exhaled. "They taste just like real sodas. This one is Coca-Cola. They boost health regeneration, but... I can't help but drink them anyway. An indulgence, if you will." She took a larger drink and exhaled.

She turned to Rise, a questioning look in her eyes. "Does that guy you like know about you and Kagome... I feel like you need to tell him too, if you like him." Ashley lifted a hand, waving slightly to the waitress. "How much does this come down to..."

"Er--... 655 Col." Ashley opened the trade menu and transferred the Col to the waitress, he smiled and did something of a slight, awkward bow or curtsy as she headed back to the chef.

Ashley watched as they whispered something back and forth, though decidedly didn't give it much thought. Standing up, she turned and held a hand toward Rise, to help her out of the booth.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Lucina
    Player level 16
    Floor 2: Urbus

"Maybe... But I must have the earliest model, so I don't know if it will work." Hono said as she stood up and followed Lucina towards the inn. "I think I might know..." Shiren mumbled. She yawned and closed her eyes, her head resting on Lucina's shoulder. "I need... System console... information..." Shiren passed out. Lucina couldn't help but smile at the little girl. "I have the newest model so I should be able to retrieve her information if things take a bad turn." Lucina said to Hono as she smiled at the little girl, peacefully sleeping on her shoulder. Lucina entered the inn and walked straight towards her room, assuming that Hono was still following her.

"I wonder where we could find one of those even... I'm guessing mine doesn't count." Hono spoke shortly after entering the room.. Lucina gently placed Shiren on the bed and covered her in a blanket. Hono dressed herself in something more suitable for sleeping and laid down next to Shiren as she glanced at the little girl. "She's been with me for as long as I can remember..." these words made Lucina blink. Would that mean that Shiren has been with her even when they just met? Lucina sighed and closed her eyes. She looked like she was thinking.

"Would you mind if I leave you guys here alone for a little bit? I need to do something... I also feel like grinding since I don't think I'll sleep tonight." Lucina sat down and opened her menu. "... I have too many things on my mind at the moment, sleeping will be impossible." Lucina equiped her armor again and left the dress she was wearing earlier in somewhere in her inventory. "I'll be back in a little bit."

Lucina closed the door behind her and left the inn, leaving some impression as some guy pushed her and she bluntly ignored it. She took out her teleport stone and telported to the Lone Tree. Once she arrived she left the area and started taking out monsters on the field. Most of them were salamander warriors but there was also one Tauros which was quite rare for this place. She ignored that fact and kept going on until a window appeared in front of her.

Level Up!
    You've reached level 16!

Lucina took a grieve moment to look at it, then deleted it with a blank expression. She stopped grinding and looked around her in the open field, thinking of a song from one of her favorite games in the real world. "Hold me... Whatever lies beyond this morning... Is a little later on... Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all..." She started singing beautifully and ended with, "Nothing's like before..."

Lucina sat down and looked at the stars above her. Even though they were fake and made by Kayaba, they were still very pretty. For a brieve moment, Lucina felt like she was back in the real world...

As she kept watching, her eyelids started to feel heavier. She blinked more slowly everytime and sometimes had her eyes closed for several seconds. At the end Lucina could feel her body touching the ground as she fell asleep, she didn't want to but her virtual body definitely was winning this round.

------
    «Lucina's white dress» [unequipped]
    «Falchion» [equipped]

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Natalia Silverlock||Kagome
    Lv. 15||Floor 2

Kagome could feel the uncomfortableness coming off of Robin. She didn't care, though; she didn't like the cold and he was the one who insisted on sitting outside. She wanted to laugh as he stumbled through his question, and she couldn't help but chuckle. "Man, you're completely oblivious, aren't you? Stop acting like you have somewhere to be, right now we're spending Christmas Eve together. Besides, you DID ask me to kill someone today, so don't act like you don't owe me." Kagome grabbed Robin by the hand and started walking towards the cafe. "After all, this is the only way anyone can enjoy your presence, otherwise you're always going off somewhere."

Upon entering she led Robin to a stool. The barista noticed Kagome and walked over to her. "Two «Hot Chocolates», please." The barista nodded with a smile and walked away, prompting Kagome to sit down in the stool next Robin. "It's so much warmer in here..." She basked in the warmer atmosphere, unequipping her cloak and taking in the sweet scent of coffee beans. "You really don't understand the people you associate yourself with." She turned towards Robin. "Don't lie to yourself by saying that you don't have anyone to spend it with. There's Lucina, who clearly enjoys your presence. There's Godot, who's annoyed by your 'lonely hero' attitude but sees past that and almost thinks of you as a little brother. And there's me, the person you're spending Christmas Eve with right now. And those are only the people that I know that you've associated yourself with. You clearly care, or you wouldn't be asking about Phoenix." She turned forward in her chair. "Words are cheap, y'know. You have to speak with more than just words. You may think that you can just repel us with silence and keep us away by denying our friend requests, but it's not that simple. A Friends List doesn't define anything; it's just a system." She turned to Robin once again and said, "I wasn't asking when I said that you were going to spend Christmas with someone. It was a statement. If you don't spend it with Lucina, you'll spend it with Godot, who will definitely look for you if he knows you're alone. If you're not with him, you'll be with me. It's not a matter of choice."

The barista placed the beverages in front of Kagome, Kagome promptly transferring the money. Kagome placed one of the drinks in front of Robin. "That's another thing you owe me for, and I don't want your money." She took a large gulp of her drink. She twitched in pain, having made the misstep of drinking her hot chocolate directly after it had finished brewing. She didn't mind all too much, though, as it made her all the warmer...but it was the equivalent of swallowing a fireball. She she opened her mouth and fanned her tongue, glancing over at Robin for just a moment before turning slightly away from him. She blew out a few times before gritting her teeth and turning back in her chair.

"...Plus, we've got your back. Godot'd be really happy if he knew that you were calling on us for help. We did a lot of messaging last night, and I can tell that he really worries about you." She tilted her head slightly and blew into her drink. "...I won't tell him that, though. It's up to you whether you'll indulge him or keep him in wishful ignorance." She took another sip. Much less painful this time. "...She bought back the cloak from the PK for me. Nice girl, that Phoenix. She isn't nearly as hostile as I'd expected. As for why she transformed..." Kagome looked down. "...I can't say for sure." She sighed, knowing that she'd regret what she was about to say. "...You'd do well to ask her, yourself. Last I saw her, she was with Godot at the Lone Tree, but she wasn't there when I came out."

"...So are you going to go look for her?" Kagome sighed. "No, no, of course you will. I'll just sit here alone with my thoughts." She leaned forward and rested her arms against the table, looking into her drink. "But thanks for indulging me at least this much," she said with a half smile, which quickly melted into a frown.

Rise Amagawa||Apathy
    Lv. ?||Floor 2

I... Don't care." Ashley moved from her booth to Apathy's and embraced her, Apathy's face reddening as a result. "By that I mean... I don't care that your being as you are is real or fake or whatever. I only care about who you are now. And to me, you're a very good person right now." Apathy had something to say back but she couldn't bring herself to say it. She started to wonder how Ashley managed to not be swarmed by guys. Other than her aesthetic beauty, which was hard to deny, she also had a beautiful soul and a beautiful heart. It'd never be the case of her being wrong for somebody, it'd always have to be the other person that would be wrong for her. She was just an amalgamation of Beauty that Apathy felt lucky to be so close to. Ashley wouldn't agree, though, and she had society to blame for that.

Apathy sighed and took Ashley's hand as she led her out of the booth, cola in hand. She took a sip of her drink and walked out of the restaurant, her teeth chattering at the first sign of the cold. "Uh...thanks for..." Apathy was never really good when it came to thank yous. Or goodbyes. "...Thanks for everything today..." She couldn't help but look away from Ashley as she said this. "When you're ready, just message me tomorrow. We're spending Christmas together."

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Robin - Lvl 11
    Floor 2: Urbus Town Square

Looks like Kagome isn't backing off anytime soon. "Man, you're completely oblivious, aren't you? Stop acting like you have somewhere to be, right now we're spending Christmas Eve together. Besides, you DID ask me to kill someone today, so don't act like you don't owe me." Some of that is true. Robin did ask for her assistance. He'll have to repay her. Robin is caught surprised when Kagome grabs his wrist & drags him in the direction of a cafe, "After all, this is the only way anyone can enjoy your presence, otherwise you're always going off somewhere." Can't I be left in peace?

Kagome makes Robin sit on a stool as she orders «Hot Chocolate» for her & Robin. Robin removes his hood, only his hood, feeling the warmth of the room. It's nice, but is this really necessary? Sooner or later, Kagome will tell him what he needs to know. "You really don't understand the people you associate yourself with." ...Another set of words one of his parents has told him before, much like Kagome right now. Another lecture. Robin looks down & decides to listen, "Don't lie to yourself by saying that you don't have anyone to spend it with. There's Lucina, who clearly enjoys your presence. There's Godot, who's annoyed by your 'lonely hero' attitude but sees past that and almost thinks of you as a little brother. And there's me, the person you're spending Christmas Eve with right now. And those are only the people that I know that you've associated yourself with. You clearly care, or you wouldn't be asking about Phoenix." It's Hono now, or otherwise. Still, Robin only wants to know how Shiren/Phoenix/Hono is still alive...right? "Words are cheap, y'know. You have to speak with more than just words. You may think that you can just repel us with silence and keep us away by denying our friend requests, but it's not that simple. A Friends List doesn't define anything; it's just a system."

"I disagree," Robin retaliates. "Whether in the virtual world or the real world, if you make a friend, you're friends for real. A bond is formed between friends, & if anything were to happen to a friend, the other would lose someone they knew. Friendship cannot be defined by a system, yes. Friendship is only determined by the person who believes in it. ...I don't know if I'm right or wrong, I stand by what I say though." It's an okay speech, but does it really matter...? Either way, Kagome wasn't finished talking yet. Their «Hot Chocolate» hasn't arrived.

"I wasn't asking when I said that you were going to spend Christmas with someone. It was a statement. If you don't spend it with Lucina, you'll spend it with Godot, who will definitely look for you if he knows you're alone. If you're not with him, you'll be with me. It's not a matter of choice." So Robin is being held against his will?! A prisoner?! Great. The reply is a sigh, & what does Godot have to do with this again? There beverages arrive & Robin blows on the drink a few times. Kagome burns her tongue. Robin sighs & carefully sips his «Hot Chocolate». "That's another thing you owe me for, and I don't want your money."

Robin doesn't chuckle or sigh, "My treat next time."

Kagome continues "...Plus, we've got your back. Godot'd be really happy if he knew that you were calling on us for help. We did a lot of messaging last night, and I can tell that he really worries about you." Not many people worry about Robin. It's nothing new to him. He sips his drink & continues listening, "...I won't tell him that, though. It's up to you whether you'll indulge him or keep him in wishful ignorance." This is exactly why Robin didn't wanna make friends. If a friend dies, he couldn't handle it. Enough of the backstories, Robin continues to listen, though it is too much, until... "...She bought back the cloak from the PK for me. Nice girl, that Phoenix. She isn't nearly as hostile as I'd expected. As for why she transformed..." Kagome looks down, "...I can't say for sure." That clears up some mysteries. "...You'd do well to ask her, yourself. Last I saw her, she was with Godot at the Lone Tree, but she wasn't there when I came out." That's good to know, but what Kagome is really saying is that she's letting Robin go. He's starting to understand how Kagome feels, at least, only a little.

Kagome looks a little sad as she speaks "...So are you going to go look for her?" she interrupts Robin again, "No, no, of course you will. I'll just sit here alone with my thoughts." Robin finishes his drink & sets the cup down, afterward standing up. He glances at Kagome, "But thanks for indulging me at least this much,"

Now I get it. Robin thinks as he walks away. When he reaches the door & pulls on his hood, & turns his head a bit to Kagome, "You & me are somewhat alike. I'll repay you one day. & I know you don't wanna be alone. You don't have to be alone. Even if you're not there with him, you're still there in heart. You have friends too, so go hang out with them without fear, at least for Christmas so you're not alone." Another speech by Denny Anthony Rojas. He stays silent for a moment to think. What he was about to say next, he might regret one day, "I...suppose we can stay friends." Before Kagome could get a word in, if she was, Robin dashed off into the plaza, heading straight for the plains. Grinding was on his mind, but now he has friendship to think about. Is Kagome right? Robin isn't sure if he should make friends...

...No. Think about it. If you make friends, & they got hurt while you couldn't do a thing, what would you do? You were in a similar situation like that. Suddenly you decide to stay friends with Kagome. ...I hope I don't regret it.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    [Ember]
    ???

Health - 100%
    [[COLOR=#green]||||||||||||||||||||[/color]]

EXP - 65%
    [||||||||||||||||||||]

Level 13

Second Floor:
    First Dungeon

The Christmas Eve moon overlooked a group of people fending off an even larger group of Salamander Warriors. Each player seemed to be dressed in reference to a certain .hack character. There was a Kite, a Balmung, a Haseo, an Alkaid, and a Subaru. Each of these player's usernames matched their avatars, however there was one character whose name did not follow the trend: Ember who was modeled after Mimiru.

The players were all part of the same guild: Azure Flame, another .hack reference. It was a small guild made by a group of friends excited to partake in a VMMO, similar to the game series they were so fond of. The guild's emblem was made to match the guild's name. A flame colored azure.

With vigor and passion, the group fought off the Salamander Men and continued their trek into the dungeon. Quickly growing a bit weary and low on supplies, the group decided it would be wise to prepare to leave, however during discussion, a new group of monsters approached them: A group of small bipedal cats. Initially they didn't seem too much of a threat, many being swatted away with a single hit; however as the hoard overwhelmed the group and proceeded to steal a number of items from the group before running off. The group chased after the felines but unfortunately lost them after a few minutes. It seemed that if the creatures weren't caught and killed they disappear from the map along with the stolen items after a few minutes.

Flustered with the turn of events, the group agreed that it was time to leave, however it seemed that the felines had managed to steal all the groups teleport crystals. This was bad news for the group, but they've fared through worse in this game. With no other choice, the group manually worked their way of the dungeon.

Time went by and eventually the group was eventually stopped by a certain member's curiosity.

"Guys look!"​

Ember had spotted an egg down a short hall, after calling out to the group she ran over to pick it up. It was bright blue, almost azure, and was sitting alone in its nest. Her group followed her down the hall, completely absentmindedly, up until Ember picked up the egg. It was trap and it became very clear after it was added to her inventory. A lizard man spawned right behind her and if it were not for the guild mates being closer to it than her, it would have attacked her immediately. Instead it attacked one of the members of her guild, killing him instantly.

Ember turned in surprise to the sight behind her. Frightened, she took a few steps backwards, hitting the wall right behind the nest. The members of Azure Flame pulled out their weapons and attacked the boss in order to save the young girl, but as they began to attack, several salamander warriors spawned, making the fight much more difficult than the group could handle. Slowly, more members of the guild fell, causing the girl to lose all her vigor. Dropping her blade, she scrambled through her inventory to receive her last hope: her teleport crystal that managed to not be stolen. With a flash of light she disappeared, along with all that remained of her guild.

Still panting from the experience, Ember found her way to the local Inn, passing by a cheerful guild, she worked her way to a room and collapsed onto her bed. She opened her UI and tried to contact her guildmates. She looked over at the UI's clock to see the date had changed.

"Merry Christmas."

There was no response from her guild.​

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    ∣ Alucard
    H3zu5eJ.png
    100%
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    GPpszM9.png
    Town of Beginnings > Urbus > Morome > Second Dungeon

Chapter Three: Part One
    The Beginning of the End

The guild sat around the large table that occupied the living room and Roy stood before them in front of the fireplace going over the expedition.

"Okay so that concludes meet and greet, we're gonna try and map out the second dungeon today. Bring your best gear and repair everything we might get a few good drops and remember finders keepers. Except if you find mats for other peoples skills then give it to them we gotta survive one way! I do know that they are mostly low leveled creatures but people pay high prices for maps and we could make a lot of dough off selling it. We will split up into teams of three and four. Partner up and meet up outside of the dungeon by Four P.M.! Now any questions?" Roy finished.

"Uhm yeah are we meeting up with my sisters at the dungeon?" Catria asked.

"I sent them a message and they replied that they would try and meet up with us." Roy replied. "Okay, so no more questions, good let's go!"

After the briefing Alucard confronted Roy.

"Hey, so you want to party with me and Ingward?" Alucard asked.

"Uh sure that's fine. I just need to go grab some things before we head out." Roy replied flicking through his inventory.

"Sweet, I'm going to go up on a head and get there early." Alucard continued.

"Okay and remember to be there in two hours I don't want you and Ingward turning up late… again!" Roy smiled.

"Haha very funny!" Alucard joked before leaving for the dungeon.

Alucard and Ingward bathed in the afternoon sun waiting for the rest of their friends to meet up before Ingward turned to Alucard and asked.

"Hey you think there might be trap rooms in here?"

"No not really but if we do come across one it shouldn't be too hard." Alucard replied puzzled to why Ingward would ask a question like that.

"What if it's a small room and people like me can't swing their sword without it catching onto the wall?" Ingward continued.

"Well we'll just have to use hand to hand combat it's not hard plus everyone knows how to box. Why are you asking these questions?" Alucard replied.

"No reason I just heard about a group of players and that's what happened to them everyone in their party died except for two members. Kind of scary isn't it." Ingward said.

"You shouldn't believe everything someone tells you." Alucard replied starting to get annoyed by how gullible Ingward is.

"I know, Alucard it's just we shouldn't take light care of these things of all people you. I have never known someone who takes so many precautions when they do things. Ever since I met you it seems you have become more and more paranoid that anything could kill you." Ingward spat back.

"Hey listen here Ingward I am not paranoid it's just I don't want to die yet." Alucard replied trying to stay calm.

"I know we all don't want to die but it's not like we are going to get out of this world." Ingward said.

"You're right but I want to last as long as I can, I don't even care if I have to die because I ate poisoned tea! I want to see my self get as far as I can without having to hide and be fearful of what's to come." Alucard said shakily.

"I wouldn't be terrified of what's out here but more of who'se within the city walls that Army is getting bigger and bigger and they don't want anyone in their way. They'll squash small guilds like ours if we step on their toes at least by mapping out this dungeon they might give us some respect." Ingward replied.

"True." Alucard replied trying to end the conversation there.

CSS by Dusk​

Back