• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym Leader World Tournament

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
  • Thank you Paige, for notifying me about this tournament. :) I'm honestly split between whether to choose by my favorite gymleader, favorite type, or tactical advantage... I think I'm going to go for my 3rd favorite gymleader and my 2nd favorite type with little tactical advantage: Gardenia. In.

I have some questions: will there be evasion/sleep/ohko clauses? How long do we have to complete each battle by? And just to make sure about rule #2, this means I could use Rotom-Cut right? Also does rule #1 work backwards, i.e. if a flying gymleader has Gyarados, are we allowed to use pure-water Magikarp? And Water/Dark Mega Gyarados?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I have some questions: will there be evasion/sleep/ohko clauses? How long do we have to complete each battle by? And just to make sure about rule #2, this means I could use Rotom-Cut right? Also does rule #1 work backwards, i.e. if a flying gymleader has Gyarados, are we allowed to use pure-water Magikarp? And Water/Dark Mega Gyarados?
    1) Whatever the default clauses for the OU tier on the battle server are will be active.
    2) I'll state your timeframe at the beginning of each round.
    3) Yes!
    4) I wouldn't see the point of using, say, Nosepass instead of Probopass on Byron, but sure. Mega Evolutions are allowed as well.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Here are the first week/first round matchups!

Round 1
    Spoiler:

The bye will not receive a score this week, which will not hurt or benefit them in the following week. However next time they will battle and someone with a score will not, which will also be neutral to their score and so on until the first eliminations in Round 3. No bye.

As stated, there will be no eliminations this week. Scores by the time Round 3 comes around will determine if there are any eliminations. At that time, anyone with a score of (0-2) will be eliminated. So this week and next; try your hardest!

Report all wins and losses here and please try your best to include a log of the battle to ensure everyone is using proper teams.

Have fun! You have until Sunday, March 23rd to complete battles, but try not to take that long because this will be a long tournament.

Last edited:
    Back