• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | OOC Thread

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    im not american or english. But i think i fixed it. If there is something wrong tell me, I dont know what you meant with missing articles. Now me has to sleep.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • @gangueevee: Hmm... Okay, few more things. There are still some grammatical errors in your SU. Also, as I said, try to put it in paragraph form instead of pressing 'enter' every sentence. It makes your SU easier to read and much more coherent. Again, PENDING.

Ah,okay. The 'pressing enter every sentence' thing has been becoming a dumb habit of mine for a while. And really,I can't easily notice the grammar issues from the start. So,uh....You might have to tell me where they are. (One of my friends wanted to proofread my SU for me,so I'll send it as soon he is done proofreading it.) Gonna try to make my SU easier to read,while also trying to find some grammar issues I need to fix,and hope that it comes out good.

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Logical Cabbage is ACCEPTED!
    Jegretis is ACCEPTED!

GoldenHouou is RESERVED for Treecko.

Illuminarty: GoldenHouou took Treecko. If you want, you can still go for other starters?

@gangueevee: SU means Sign-up. Also, there are several things on your SU that I find contradicting somehow. First, can you have the format of your SU fixed? Instead of having several sentences, try bringing them together to one or two cohesive paragraph/s. Also, you mention that "she never talks mostly to people" but "gives hugs to whoever wants it." I can't imagine someone who cannot freely talk to people and yet be able to hug them if they need it. I see her as a quiet girl but I cannot connect or see her as laughing like a crazy man.

And there are some wrong usage of verbs in your SU.

Also, why the grandmother? Where are her parents? I know it could be developed in the RP, but since you did a history part, might as well include these kinds of things.

Fix this things and I think we're fine to go. For now, RESERVED for Fennekin.

Also, some reminders.

@Gelius3, RedJ, CarnivoreChie and Veevee: Your reservations will expire in almost twelve hours. However, since I'm a benevolent GM, I will be giving the four of you until tomorrow, January 21, 10 PM to finish your SU. That is almost 24 hours from this post.

Thank you all for your interests. :)

Thank you so much. My schedule has not permitted me time to work on my SU, but I can do it tonight.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Carnivore Chie is ACCEPTED!

Veevee is ACCEPTED! Very interesting battling style as almost all RPers I see play as the offensive and rarely the stall type.

@gangueevee: "She has never been send to school," where it should be "She had never been to school," or better, "She had never attended school." Your coma placements seems to much, and not having a space isn't helping it to be more readable. Your,sentences,like,this. It's better to read if your, sentences, like, this. Just fix your formatting and you're good to go.

And since there are still several slots available, I would also be making a character. Although I will not be reserving any Pokemon to give more players chances. :)

Name: Haydn Kirk

Hometown: Littleroot Town, Hoenn

Appearance:
    Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | OOC Thread

Personality:

Haydn is a loud trainer. Since he was a child, he never learned the value and importance of silence. He is known to speak whatever he has on his mind, unmindful of its consequences. Because of this, he tends to come off as tactless and rude to most people he just met. His loudness doesn't help either as he can barely manage a whisper. However, if one actually manages to look past Haydn's rude facade, one can see that Haydn cares for the people around him more than he was willing to admit. While he may not go great lengths for the sake of his friends, he is certainly one trainer who you could rely on when things get rocky.

As a trainer, Haydn is as loud as he can get. During his time in the Rustoboro Training Academy, he focused on the explosive style of battling, hyper-offense. He preferred Pokemon that is quick and powerful and is able to deal out the most damage in the least number of attacks. He doesn't care if it is frail or bulky: as long as it can dish out damage quickly, Haydn could unlock that Pokemon's fullest potential.

However, this can also prove fatal to Haydn. When participating in long-drawn out battles, Haydn could tire easily. He gets annoyed also whenever he faced slow-paced battling style. And, when he gets annoyed, he can easily make mistakes that should never happen if he was just thinking clearly.

History: OPTIONAL. You can mention or develop your character's history during the RP.

Starter Pokemon: List provided below. Include gender and moveset. Nickname if possible.

Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | OOC Thread

Goku | M
    Flame Wheel | Ember | Taunt | Fury Swipes | Leer | Scratch

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I think i fixed the SU. I'm saying this for you to remember. I had to sleep and then i was schooled.

jombii

Years
  • @Gelius3: Wait, did you fix it after my comments? I can see nothing different sorry. Plus, there is still the issue with his aiming and why that is important.

Also, it's 10 PM here, so reservation is revoked. Sorry but I have to stick with my rules. :( If you can finish it though, before other people apply for your starter, I can accept it.

Also: @gangueevee @GoldenHouou and @Illuminarty: 24 hour warning until your reservation expires.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Actually, since it doesn't seem to be reserved yet, could I switch my starter from Cyndaquil to Charmander? A pokemon who can slash is more suitable for a lumberjack :)

jombii

Years
  • That's fine. Charmander seems to feel a little cold anyways. Just edit your SU, and you're good. :)

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Alright i removed the aiming problem from my character, as well as the billiard cue (Good bye style XD). The aiming could be important to find weaker spots on pokemon so you can defeat or capture him than struggling. But this is your RP not mine. Anyway i think i fixed it by erasing the aiming problem.

UnnecessaryLongName

"Honor is in the heart, not the name."
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2015
    Can I reserve Torchic please?
    If you don't want to reserve a new guy, I understand.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    UnnessecaryLongName (wow your name says all)... I don't know who he accepts. Lets see if now that i fixed my SU, i can get him without reservation, unless someone gets reservation. SO i don't know, maybe he needs to see first my SU, to see if its acceptable, until he is sure he can give reservation. Once again its all up to Varys' rules. I don't know... I'm quite nervous if he is going to accept me or not now that i tried to fix it...

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    I thought it over and I think I'm going to cancel my reservation, I don't really have time to do this and am struggling to come up with a good character. Sorry Varys, next time though!

jombii

Years
  • @Illuminarty's reservation is revoked! So sad to hear that though. See you on the next adventure.

@Gelius3: Fix this in your SU. "Now Gelius has 19 years old" should, "Now Gelius is 19 years old." Anyway, you're ACCEPTED!

@UnnecessaryLongName: Hello! Since Gelius managed to finish his reservation and have it accepted before you posted, I'll have to entertain him first. Feel free to get a reservation for the other starters though. :)

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Lol Portuguese i mean... non English guy trying to write things in English finally has success XD.

UnnecessaryLongName

"Honor is in the heart, not the name."
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2015
    This is what I got done so far. I hope the history is okay with you. Also, I wanted to ask if megas will play a role?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • @gangueevee: "She has never been send to school," where it should be "She had never been to school," or better, "She had never attended school." Your coma placements seems to much, and not having a space isn't helping it to be more readable. Your,sentences,like,this. It's better to read if your, sentences, like, this. Just fix your formatting and you're good to go.

Oh dear. Should have noticed this.....That's another problem I have. Sorry that I keep doing that. It's a dumb grammar problem I have, I should have noticed this, and I would have done the proofreading myself if I saw your comment before giving it to my friend. Sorry that I'm not good at grammar. I'm 14, and it seems that I still can't be perfect at this stuff......

Anyways, I don't know if you noticed yet, but my friend has gave me a rewritten version of my SU! I think it's better than the original. Again, I'm sorry for making a lot of grammar problems..... I hope I can be accepted.

jombii

Years
  • gangueevee is ACCEPTED with condition! Although, I'm still iffy on the thought that you're not the one who really wrote your SU. I expect this kind of quality with your posts, is that okay?

@UnnecessaryLongName: There is something I don't like with your History part. I forgot to mention it but please do not use game NPC's as part of your history. So, retelling how RSE and ORAS started would not work. There are other ways to acquire Pokemon; be inventive! :)

Also, hooray for ten players! I will be writing up the IC tonight and possible have it accepted tomorrow or Saturday. (Hi Doctor!)

EDIT: I've submitted the IC thread! :)

Last edited:
    Back