• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

AriArk

Survey Corps
Years
I totally forgot that the issue you're having is most likely caused by an encoding issue with the Table.ini file.
So, you need to replace that file with the newest one which is included in the latest download.

Still didn't work, I downloaded it again and just coppied over the table.ini and it gave the same error

Years
Brace yourselves, G3T v3.0 coming soon with:
- Search feature in Trainers Editor.
- Completely revamped Anti-Exploud, you'll love it more now!
- An auto-sort option in Pokémon Editor.
- A radical fix to the Table.ini issue. :Serious_Face:
- Overall tweaks for better experience using the tools and a few bug fixes here and there.
- A donate button.

Years
This might be a controversial request but could you add the option to have manual save buttons instead of auto saving, preferably on every tab of every tool? I hate how unreliable the autosave is and in general I just prefer the peace of mind pushing an actual button gives me. It could simply be an alternative to autosaving, not necessarily a replacement. I love these tools though, and I'm looking forward to v3 either way! Thanks!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
...still no feature for learnable TMs and HMs for PKMN? :3

Years
...still no feature for learnable TMs and HMs for PKMN? :3
I really want to complete the Pokémon Editor, but man! Not enough time.
All the other tools are almost 100% complete, so if I am not going to work on a Types match-up Editor or a Manual Saving option then I'll be working on Pokémon Editor's missing offset. The problem is, that working on these features does not require just writing code, I need to do a lot of ASM test on ROMs if I want to add stuff that is satisfying to me, I'm kinda a maniac person. :v

Will you make this program compatible with r/s/e?
By default, G3T is compatible with the ENGLISH versions of ALL Gen 3 game roms, including those you listed above.
It is also compatible with the French, Spanish, and Italian versions (and maybe other languages I don't know) BUT for any language other than English YOU NEED to create new .ini files for those languages, but good luck finding some of the offsets. xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Schoshe Implo

Ultimate Hope and Future
Years
I really want to complete the Pokémon Editor, but man! Not enough time.
All the other tools are almost 100% complete, so if I am not going to work on a Types match-up Editor or a Manual Saving option then I'll be working on Pokémon Editor's missing offset. The problem is, that working on these features does not require just writing code, I need to do a lot of ASM test on ROMs if I want to add stuff that is satisfying to me, I'm kinda a maniac person. :v

By default, G3T is compatible with the ENGLISH versions of ALL Gen 3 game roms, including those you listed above.
It is also compatible with the French, Spanish, and Italian versions (and maybe other languages I don't know) BUT for any language other than English YOU NEED to create new .ini files for those languages, but good luck finding some of the offsets. xD

It seems to not work with my emerald rom

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2015
Thank you for the tools! They are really cool. I'm using the move editor and don't get me wrong, I do like it a lot but I am having a few small problems with it. For one, the physical / special function doesn't seem to properly work, and when I edit descriptions the text seems to overflow in-game so I have to use my other move editing tool to fix it. In case it makes any difference I'm using a Ruby ROM.

Years
Lunacy. the tool only allows you to edit the number that Physical/Special patches use in parameter, allowing you to specify the move's category. Editing that number has NO effect EXCEPT if you already applied a Physical/Special patch.
As for the text overflowing, how many times did it happen to you approximately? Can you give me a move description exemple so I can do some tests?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2015
That is fine. Unfortunately physical / special split doesn't work with Ruby. I only tried changing the text once and it overflowed. Then I added the # symbol to separate the text into two lines with another tool which fixed it. I cloned Hyper Voice's animation and created Boomburst, and the description said "Attacks everything with a terrible explosive sound."

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Talking about the description thing, I remember one rare time when editing a move or item description caused it to lose it's line breaks and read as one overlong line.

Years
Wow, your tools are impressive. My favourite one is definitely Item Editor. I can basically do anything I want with this, like editing TMs, palettes, special bytes, prices etc. Though there's one thing I'd like to see that isn't present in your tools. I don't know if you take requests or not, but do you think you'd be able to allow changing the pokemon's cry offsets?

Years
Wow, your tools are impressive. My favourite one is definitely Item Editor. I can basically do anything I want with this, like editing TMs, palettes, special bytes, prices etc. Though there's one thing I'd like to see that isn't present in your tools. I don't know if you take requests or not, but do you think you'd be able to allow changing the pokemon's cry offsets?

That's going to be added, eventually. I am just busy lately add to it that my PC went crazy so the next release has yet to wait. :/

Years
  • Age 120
  • Seen Mar 21, 2018
Hello Kurapika, in you pokemon editor tool , do you have plans to make a way to rise the Move Learnset :?

Thanks.

Back