• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    May I make a suggestion? Your tool is really great and all, but it lacks one thing...
    The ability to set what TMs/HMs a PKMN can learn. :/
    Maybe you can add that feature in your tool?

Actually I was wrong about that.
    Do you still get the error? If so can you edit the name of other Pokémon?

No, I still couldn't. But I just copied the Table.ini from v2.9 and pasted it to 2.8
    I'm currently using 2.8 and the letters are fine now. ^^

Years
  • May I make a suggestion? Your tool is really great and all, but it lacks one thing...
    The ability to set what TMs/HMs a PKMN can learn. :/
    Maybe you can add that feature in your tool?

I want to add that feature along with the tutors moves as well. I started working on it a long time ago I just don't have enough time to keep working on it lately. :/

Years
  • Any video tutorial for this? I'm unable to save extended data of a trainer. i mean it wont save extended pokemon. I gave 4 pokemons to Brock but when i click on another trainer and come back it shows only 2 . I have enabled saving

Alright! Trainer Editor's bug was fixed.
    Please download the newest version 2.9.1

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hey, thanks a lot!

So sorry for not providing a screenshot earlier, but I think my problem might have solved itself. Either that or it was something I did, everything works perfect now. :D

As for a suggestion, I don't know if anyone's brought this up yet but the ability to point cries (a simple one in the Pokemon Editor would do, similar to PGE I guess) would be nice.

Last edited:

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
    Years
  • Hi! i have a question... How can i edit the mr doll steak's rom base? do u have a new ini? i'm working on a hack and now i want to edit the gym leaders and elite four :S

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Hi! i have a question... How can i edit the mr doll steak's rom base? do u have a new ini? i'm working on a hack and now i want to edit the gym leaders and elite four :S

Simply put, all you need to do is edit the .ini file on G3T that correlates to MrDollSteak's base. I believe Projectwolfie had posted the .ini files (and ninja'd me to it >:() on the thread somewhere, I'd ask him or I'll find the specific post.

AriArk

Survey Corps
    Years
  • I just got this error as soon as I opened, didn't even change anything.

Spoiler:

PS - I do have the folder with Table.ini in
    also, does anyone have an ini for Mr Doll Steaks hack? I could do one but asking just in case XD

How do I insert item sprite in this?

Insert the sprite with NSE, then copy the offsets into the box.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Simply put, all you need to do is edit the .ini file on G3T that correlates to MrDollSteak's base. I believe Projectwolfie had posted the .ini files (and ninja'd me to it >:() on the thread somewhere, I'd ask him or I'll find the specific post.
    You can find that here, along with the Unnamed Trainer Editor INI. It's for version 1.5 of the rombase: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8447592&postcount=159

I should probably note that I don't have the soundbasedmoves entry in the INI, as this INI was made before the latest update and I am not exactly sure where it is. It should be easy enough to add if you happen to find it. Other than that it all works perfectly fine, just without changing if something is sound based or not.

Years
  • I should probably note that I don't have the soundbasedmoves entry in the INI, as this INI was made before the latest update and I am not exactly sure where it is. It should be easy enough to add if you happen to find it. Other than that it all works perfectly fine, just without changing if something is sound based or not.
    The latest download (2.9.1) contains the offsets to sound-based moves.

Does anyone else have the error
    "Error reading "Table.ini" file."
    Are you using version 2.9.1? If so, which version of Windows do you have?

I have important question. Are you going to add TM/HM Compablity Editor?
    It will be added but not any soon.

Years
  • Nope, tried with XP service pack 2 and service pack 3 (the only one's available on my computer)

I totally forgot that the issue you're having is most likely caused by an encoding issue with the Table.ini file.
    So, you need to replace that file with the newest one which is included in the latest download.

Back