• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little article I saw in the news.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlaHFv3d3u0

EASTON, Pa. — The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance.

Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the nearby ShopRite, but also with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article about the cake.

Heath Campbell, who is 35, said in an interview Tuesday that people should look forward, not back, and accept change.

"They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what [Hitler] did," he said.

After ShopRite refused the request for the cake as inappropriate, the Campbells got a cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said.

About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, according to Heath Campbell.

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name."

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived all his life in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, which is across the Delaware River from Easton.
--------------------------------------------------------

Ok, my opinion? They just wanted the attention. The couple in question have this this the last 2 years as well. They even wanted a swatsticka (spelling?) in the 2nd birthday cake.

The child: I feel so sorry for him.

Age 5: Little Hitler will be denied to a few schools because of his name and the fear the former Hitler caused before.

Age 21-67 - No job, because the *******s won't accept him because his idiotic parents named him after a lunatic, and the other work members will fear that this Hitler will go ballistic like the elder one did.

That's my opinion. How about yours?

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
If the kid is smart he'll emancipate himself and get a name change as soon as possible. But yeah its pretty shocking some of the names parents give their children.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 31, 2013
I feel bad that the kid can't have his name on his birthday cake, and I feel bad that he's going to be discriminated against just for having that name, but the parents are to blame here. It's not even a matter of whether or not they're Nazis; any idiot should have known that naming your kid 'Adolf Hitler' would probably make that kid's life pretty damn hard.

Just from what this guy is saying, I'm assuming he doesn't really support what Hitler did (either that or he's denying it) and he does just want attention. I'd sure as hell be getting my name changed when I left the house if I were that kid. :\

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Ugh....Those poor kids. Those parents should be smarter than that. You can give a kid a perfectly unique name without having to go overboard. Adolf Hitler Campbell? JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell? That's just horribly attention-seeking =/

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
All I can say is....what the flip!?!?!

That's just...ugh. People...why? Seriously? I feel like those parents named their kids that just to get people mad and get attention. So lame.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
Years
That is really, really terrible...

I just hope those kids don't turn out like their parents. Wow.

I think its appropriate that the bakery didn't make the cake, maybe they could have just said "Happy B-Day, A. H.!" or something like that. But the parents are most likely some white supremacist nut jobs (even if they deny it), and although we should be tolerant of their "beliefs," they can't expect that kid to have many friends when he gets into school.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I have to agree with this quote.

"They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what [Hitler] did," he said.

Even though they have a reason for denying to make the birthday cake, it's still a pretty stupid reason.

Let live and forget.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
The father's excuse doesn't make any sense. Hitler is a last name, not a first name. It's like naming somebody George Brown Peters. He could have just named the kid Adolf. That's not half as bad.

Thank goodness for legal name changes. -eyeroll-

houston

Just a Shadow
Years
(And I though I had a pretty f*****up name!) Well...that's some weird stuff....It's true the parents didn't exactly pick the best names for their kids....and they'll (the kids) have problems in the future because of that, I bet my soul on that....
Still they shouldn't have refused to put the name on the cake, that's not how you should treat a costumer.

resuming my point in a few words.....Bad choices/decisions from both sides

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
That child, as soon as he's out in the real world (school or whatever) and is old enough to realize that his parents are complete jerks, is going to give himself a nickname. Then as soon as he's old enough, he'll be changing his name.

I feel so bad for him. :/ He'll grow up thinking his name is fine and then like... grade 2? He's going to find out why teachers look at him funny, why the other kids are making fun of him/scared of him/hate him and he's going to just... augh. I can't believe parents would be so cruel. Giving your kids stupid names is one thing (and they violated that too) but to name your kid after Adolph Hitler? Disgusting.

I realize it's just a name but... there's still a lot of history and bad feelings tied to that name. Just like it's been years and years and years since slavery in the US but is the N-word okay? No, it's not. You wouldn't name your kid that and I think this is honestly very similar. <_<

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Still they shouldn't have refused to put the name on the cake, that's not how you should treat a costumer.
This is the one part of the story that I'm kind of iffy forming an opinion on.

I work at a ShopRite. Not the ShopRite, but a ShopRite, and you can't refuse to write a name on the cake. (I doubt the cake was made there. We take special orders for cakes, send them off to another company to have them made, and the customer picks it up at the store.) To out-right refuse to fulfill a customer's request just seems...wrong.

Still, the person who was working at the bakery did do something positive, for standing up to this person.

All I know is that if the customer asked me to write the kid's name on a cake, I would just raise an eyebrow, make sure I spelled it correctly, and share the story with my coworkers.

As for the customer, he did try twice before at this ShopRite to have his son's name put on a cake, and was turned down each time and had to go to Wal-Mart. To do this three times in a row just makes it seem like he wants to draw attention to himself. The first time would have been enough to let him know that yes indeed, he should get his cake decorated elsewhere.

His other children's names are even more stranger. Yes, so he wants his child to have a unique name. Having a name that brings to mind the death of millions isn't the proper way to go about it.

But you can't do anything against the man himself. He has the right to name his children anything he wants to. We can just form our opinions on the names.

Even though they have a reason for denying to make the birthday cake, it's still a pretty stupid reason.

Let live and forget.
There are still people alive today who remember what Hitler did to the world. They can't easily forget the horrors of World War II and "move on". The name brings back memories that aren't good, in very basic terms.

...Oops. *mops up* Sorry for the thoughts on yaoi grocery stores.

Years
I think the kid should either get himself a new name, or these people should show some heart for him. It's not his fault that they are retards and named him after an evil person. Don't take it out on the kid, take it out on the morons.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
You guys also read the other names too right? Aryan nation and Hinler Jeannie.I also found an article of these 2 people confessing Hinler is named after an ss martial dude.
Article
Apparently this is old news. I feel mad at the parents and sad for the kids. Also im quoting this from bulbagarden:
Eistein was right. 2 things are infinite. Stupidity and the universe.

smart guy that Einstein...

Melody

Banned
Years
That child, as soon as he's out in the real world (school or whatever) and is old enough to realize that his parents are complete jerks, is going to give himself a nickname. Then as soon as he's old enough, he'll be changing his name.

I feel so bad for him. :/ He'll grow up thinking his name is fine and then like... grade 2? He's going to find out why teachers look at him funny, why the other kids are making fun of him/scared of him/hate him and he's going to just... augh. I can't believe parents would be so cruel. Giving your kids stupid names is one thing (and they violated that too) but to name your kid after Adolph Hitler? Disgusting.

I realize it's just a name but... there's still a lot of history and bad feelings tied to that name. Just like it's been years and years and years since slavery in the US but is the N-word okay? No, it's not. You wouldn't name your kid that and I think this is honestly very similar. <_<

That is too true. What on god's green earth were the parents smoking when they named their children? I can come up with 10 or 15 unique names for a child, off the top of my head, and none of those names have any bad historical connotations attached to them.

Years
I have actually been to this shoprite.
They have always seen like nice people work there.
When I heard this I was just in shock.

Years
Age 21-67 - No job, because the *******s won't accept him because his idiotic parents named him after a lunatic, and the other work members will fear that this Hitler will go ballistic like the elder one did.

Don't worry, he'll be able to change his own name by that age, I presume.

I just wonder what will be his choice of facial hair in the future...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Poor kid. :<

Yea, the original Adolf Hitler was a psychological maniac. But the article that Mitchman posted, I read the bottom, and it's so true. it is JUST a name. So people live in fear of the name, but one day, that name was bound to show up again. People are just going to have to learn to deal with it. But as for the family, I really respect the way they are trying to keep their rights in a free country, but I really think they actually should change their son's name before all hell breaks loose, for the safety of their children.

Back