• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little article I saw in the news.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Wow, that was the funniest thing I've heard today XD

Wait...here it comes...XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Well, the shoprite is in the wrong, for being discriminatory (sp?)
    BUT...the parents are pretty thick. Some people have weird names, like Peaches Honey-Blossom Geldof. That's a perfect example of a name that is weird, but still liveable. You do not name your child Adolf Hitler because they will probably get knifed before they turn ten. Maybe our world should be more accepting, but this is the worldwe live in and this isn't going to help change it.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah that is messed up. I know they can name their kids whatever they want and they go by the 1st Amendment. But still that kid is going to be scarred for life because of his name. When he is older, I bet he will change his name. What kind of parents are they?! >:T I won't name my kid a name like Hitler. That is just wrong. But still the store should have gave them their cake. I think they are doing this just get attention.

Years
  • The store shouldn't have refused to make the cake. Refusing to serve a customer because of the name of their child is, unfortunately, discrimination. Placing a swatstika on the cake would, however, be illegal.

Honestly, I feel so sorry for this child. And y'know what? The sad thing is, he'll probably grow up to be just like his parents, and no, I doubt he will get a name change. His parents are obviously racist jerks. How do you think little Adolf-Hitler will grow up?

It just goes to show what low-level scum bags we're forced to live with on this earth.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Damn, and I thought my name would cause problems. Long story short, those parents obviously did not think of their son's future when they named him. Even if it is just a name, it's associated to one of the most horrible figures in history. They might as well have named him Satin, I'm pretty sure there are very few people in the world with that name.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • ..I'm not quite sure what to think. Obviously the parents are completely out of it to name their child something so controversial. Naming your child Hitler is like naming them a curse word or a racial slur. It's going to make sure they're shunned throughout their life, whether they're a good person or not. Hopefully the kid will see some sense and change his name early on, but I feel sorry for him- He's going to have to put up with a lot of crap throughout his childhood.
    As for the cake, yeah, I don't think they should have refused to write his name on the cake, it is just a name after all, but I can see why they didn't want to. And don't all commercial establishments reserve the right to refuse to serve a customer? :/

Back