• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

13 Year Old Father

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • My friend was telling me about that. She was saying how freaked out she was over it.

To me, it seems like your average young teenager. I mean I've heard about 13 year olds getting knocked up just because it seems "cool". A lot of them either get STDs or get pregnant.

Some consider even getting abortion and others have the baby, but will put it up for adoption because they are too young to care for it. Others have parents who are supportive and will take care of them baby while they are in school.

My mom said that if I ever got pregnant during school, she would help me take care of the baby.

It all depends on their parents and our society. Teenagers are doing it because they see people on television doing it. To young people, television is everything and if they can't do what other people do on TV they'll freak.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't know why this is such a big deal. There's maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany young teen fathers out there.. why is this one so important?

He doesn't know what "financial" means.

Google the MSN article.

It really gets sad to see that teenage pregnancy happens too much. He impregnated a girl 2 years older than him. That must have been one desperate smore.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Ironic how he's 13, but looks waaaaaay younger, and she's 15, but she looks like a crack addict in her late teens.

Awkward.

Years
  • The thing that freaked me out was when he didn't know what financially means.
    Really awkward, that girl looks like she could be his big sister. o.O

Gah, if I ever got pregnant (Highly improbable) I'd probably be kicked out of the house.

@AdvancedK9: Yeah, she was probably very desperate. I know people like that, who go date people three years younger than them just so they can say they have a boyfriend/girlfriend. But, they never show pictures of their little boyfriend/girlfriend. xD

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    That fifteen year old looks like a despressed, crack addict in her early twenties while the kid looks like he is six.

Funny.

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I read that ealrier on. I was so shocked that it was his first time, then his first time having a baby. Frankly I'm still shocked by it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • He was 12 when it was his first time?? Oh, dear.

This shows that schools should have sex ed classes earlier, before puberty, and without the lame cartoons. Give it to them straight and simple.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I saw something about this yesterday but I didn't think of it much. My opinion still hasn't changed. I'm not surprised about this either. Teenage pregnancies happen all the time. I'd probably be more surprised if it were the other way around; a 13 year old mother.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • Omg.. Poor kid. He looks so scared and I feel so bad for him =[..
    Although.. :
    Ironic how he's 13, but looks waaaaaay younger, and she's 15, but she looks like a crack addict in her late teens.

Awkward.
    Too true.. She looks like his mom to me.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I was like, "So.. Which one's the baby?"

*shot*

In all seriousness, I don't see how it's so bad. I mean, of course he might not be ready, since his age makes him seem immature and not responsible enough. But well, he and his girlfriend are going to try to be good parents. And he seems to care about his baby a lot, so he's more mature than it seems. Though at that age, it's not the best time to have a baby. But really, as long as they care for their baby, I think it's fine.

If not, there's always the option of putting the baby up for adoption. :o

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • I was like, "So.. Which one's the baby?"

*shot*

In all seriousness, I don't see how it's so bad. I mean, of course he might not be ready, since his age makes him seem immature and not responsible enough. But well, he and his girlfriend are going to try to be good parents. And he seems to care about his baby a lot, so he's more mature than it seems. Though at that age, it's not the best time to have a baby. But really, as long as they care for their baby, I think it's fine.

If not, there's always the option of putting the baby up for adoption. :o
    Lol XD

But I guess I see your point. If their parents are okay with it, and they want to be devoted parents, then there's hope. But their relationship could end, and where would that leave the baby?
    Maisie's a pretty name.
    Alfie's got all his classmates to face, too...

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • That's just terrible..

The poor boy looks like the baby's older brother rather than his father. The mother looks like she's been doing some kind of drugs and is in her late teens. I hope that baby has a good life :/

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • As the article said, that kid looks too be about 8.
    At first I was like 'Which one's the baby?' XDD

I guess good luck too them, not much else you can do eh?

Back