• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blu-Ray or Dvd?

Which?

• Blu-Ray

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Dvd

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
  • DVD still, I don't about about anyone else but most people I know don't use Blu-ray simply because DVD is still the best.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I'm currently on Dvd but I know in a few years, I'm bound to be on Blu-Ray.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Blu-ray :3 Basically if you've ever had Blu-ray...you can't ever go back to DVD's. Icky GROSS.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Blu-ray :3 Basically if you've ever had Blu-ray...you can't ever go back to DVD's. Icky GROSS.
    ^ This.

Though lack of a Blu-ray player when I'm away from home forces me to mostly buy DVDs. ;_;' That and the only stuff I actually buy these days is usually on DVD-only. But still, I looove Blu-ray. :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I won't ever use BR unless I am forced to, (perhaps amazingly) simply because the name is silly. Compact disc and digital versatile disc sound fine but blu-ray sounds branded (actually, isn't it copyright Sony?), and branded things make me cringe. :|

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I see nothing wrong with the quality of DVD picture definition. But that's beside the point... there's just nothing that could convince me to pay Blu Ray prices on something that I don't use very often.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    It's "Blu Ray" people. Not "Blue Ray". And if you can't see the difference between Blu Ray and DVD; having seen both? Well..I suggest an eye exam D:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • DVD, and I see no reason to switch. The audio quality is about the same, and the video quality is more than good enough for me. I don't mind lower quality if it means not buying something expensive.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    ...you didn't seriously try and just say that AC3 and DTS are "about the same" as Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master, did you? D: Especially given the latter two options on a BluRay spec. are lossless~

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Until I can afford a Blu-Ray player, I'm stuck on DVDs. ^_^;

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Blue ray. It is completely, epicly, totally, awesome.

Years
  • DVD, Can't afford Blu-ray movies, and lets just say most of my DVDs... aren't store-bought. Blank Blu-ray discs are ridiculous. I can get about 25 DVDs for the price of 1 Blu-ray disc, so... I don't plan on switching anytime soon.

Back