• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you roll your R's?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I totally just figured this out like two days ago... although it took me like three months. But I can now and it's awesome o3o;

So can you? :D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Yes, I can roll my R's. :3 And when I go to a country where it's often done, then I pick it up and do it all the time too. Like when I went to Italy. n_n

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I can't roll my R's, probably due to my Westcountry dialect, which sort of means I over-pronounce them.

This is probably why I was never all that fantastic at Spanish. =(

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    No, I can't.. I'd probably have to practise for a while XD;

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I can roll my R's, however I can't say 'three', people always say I;m saying 'free', I honestly can't tell the difference. I didn't even know I could roll my R's until someone asked me how I could roll my R's, it just came naturally.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    OMG yes i can, it's like my greatest talent.
    Siggy has Rrrrr wars with me sometimes xD
    As for Vivvian.. She likes it a bit too much D;

Years
  • Err, wait, is that what you use in languages like English or what you use in languages like Arabic and Spanish?
    Either way...
    I CAN! ;D
    Thanks to my first language of French, and my favorite language of English! =P
    So I can pronounce 'R's both way... whatever their term is XD;;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Man.. sometimes these topics make me go 'wtf? o__O', but then directly after.. I find myself answering them.

No, I can't roll my R's.

I have managed a few times, but normally, I fail at it.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    yes, i could since i was little. but it took me so long to get it - i actualy just used to pronounce "r" over and over until i finally got it. xD

Back