• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you roll your R's?

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
  • I can't, and its really bad because I am learning Italian at my school and it makes it hard because I am the ONLY person who cannot in my whole grade.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I've been rrroling my r's since I was able to talk..mostly because of my heritage XD

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I can roll my r's very well. Although, I remember a time when I couldn't roll them at all. It was second grade and I was at school late at night for girl scouts. In the time before we had our meeting, we were able to converse out in the hallway beside the classroom that we used. There'd always be Mr. Lopez, our janitor cleaning the floors. I remember that we started talking to him because he had a pet rat chilling on his shoulder. It was his buddy, and his name was Charlie. Anyway, my friends and I would always go up to him to say hi and to pet Charlie. We noticed how he rolled his r's and tried also. Some of the other girls got it, but I couldn't. I sounded like a drunk person little control over their tounge. Mr. Lopez tried to teach me, and I eventually got it. THE END :D

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well... if you can't roll your Rrrrs God knows what the hell you are if you parents say you are Mexican and not adopted.

I am Mexican and I can roll my R so that assures I'm not alien :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm half-Hispanic and I can't roll my R's. ;__; it's sad.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Yes, I can. It's fun and it's loud and it works wonders when you want to annoy people.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Omg we were talking about this for like the last week at school. xD;

I can. My friend can't. He almost choked one time trying.

Years
  • I cannot for the life of me. No matter how hard I try, I just can't. Then again, I don't think anyone's actually taught me how to do it properly. I couldn't even begin to guess how to roll my r's right now. D:

Then again, I've never learned a language where I've had to roll them. *shrug*

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I've always been able to roll my r's.

Even as a child I would just mindlessly start doing that just for the heck of it. I don't think my parents much approved of it, but they probably just chalked it up to a childish short attention-span. Either way, who has a pretty good Spanish accent now, eh? >:D

A few of you already know this from the whole "arrara" fiasco I regrettably started.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I can roll my 'r's when I'm speaking spanish, I even tend to have a perfect accent. BUT!!! I don't like to speak spanish, the language itself drives me nuts for some reason. (it's all that pointless conjugation, even japanese conjugation is simpler! >O)

Back