• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

• Articuno

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Moltres

Votes: 26 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
  • As the title says, which one of the legendary birds was in your opinion the hardest to catch? In my opinion:

Articuno is a jerk. I've always had the most trouble with Articuno.

Zapdos is easy. I always catch him in less than 20 Ultra Balls.

Moltres is ok. I use like 30-50 Ultra Balls to catch it.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • Articuno is a jerk. I've always had the most trouble with Articuno.

Definately agree with you there. I remember when I use to play the game with a passion and regularly, it always annoyed me at how difficult it was to catch Articuno.

Years
  • I hate to follow the crowd but I agree Articuno was the hardest to catch. Then Zapdos which wasnt too hard and I have always found Moltres fairly easy dunno why I just have...

Currently trying to catch Raikou in FR and its a ***** lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    zapdos was the easiest for me then it goes articuno then moltres

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    zapdos woz tough coz my only poke good against the birds were charizard nd pikachu
    -charizard weak to leccy
    -zapdos strong to pikachu

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • never attempted the birds in FRLG, but in the old RB games, I actually found Zapdos to be harder than the other two. XD

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I found capturing both Zapdos and Articuno pretty hard....... Moltres was really easy to catch.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Articuno for me.

It seems to be much more fragile than the other birds and Ice is generally a pretty good attacking type, which generally lessens the turn window that I have to capture it. In addition, the trial which you have to go through to reach Articuno is much longer and complex than simply climbing a mountain or walking through a Pokemon infested Lab.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    i usually catch articuno in less than 10 and then zapdos plus moltres take like 30 each.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Wait, nooo...I was supposed to pick Zapdos for the hardest Legendary bird, since Articuno is actually pretty easy. Zapdos always forces me to use a Master Ball, since I always attempt to capture him earlier on in the game.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Articuno

It took me forever to reach him and catch him. Then Moltres was the next hardest to catch. Zapdos is always so easy to catch. I just paralyzed him and got his hp down real low and threw like ten ultraballs and five great balls before I finally caught him with a pokeball (I forgot to go to the Pokemart and I used most of my Ultraballs going in an electabuzz and pikachu catching frenzy, and then when I saw Zapdos I was like "Aw crap!" I thought I would have to restart a lot of times but I managed to catch him :D)

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I found Zapdos was, he always had a type advantage on most of my pokemon, and it naturally took my longer.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 17, 2010
    umm I think Articuno was the most difficult or the 3 birds to get, and even worse in FR/LG but the puzzle was easier

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Hmm. First runthrough of the game? Moltres. I had to catch it with a Masterball like an idiot.
    Second run... Arcticuno was HELL for me. Probably because I was frustrated from trying to reach it.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I always caught all of them quite easily. It was MewTwo I had the trouble with, as I used the Master Ball to catch...it was a mediocre Pokémon I really wanted in the Safari Zone, but I can't remember who it was now. A Pokémon I really wanted :] It was Zapdos I was most anxious about, though - I love Zapdos the best out of all of the legendaries. ♥

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
  • AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH! This brings back some terrible memories...On LG, I spent hours trying to catch Moltres...it just kept popping out! I hated it! One fateful day, I was borrowing my friends SP, and I couldn't take it anymore. I bashed the screen and went "OH ****!!!" I hated Moltres ever since then...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back