• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

• Articuno

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Moltres

Votes: 26 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    For some reason, Zapdos did not want to come with me no matter what. I think I ran through about half of my ultra balls at the time and when I gave up with my last one I caught him. >_> Its because I wanted it the most.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch

Seeing as the legendary dogs and probably birds are a given, lets place them aside.Sneasal and Larvitar were a royal pain in the backside to catch. Larvitar was worth it though. And the hours of training.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    1. Zapdos: I dunno, it just took 60+ pokeballs
    2. Moltres: Hard, but not that hard.
    3. Articuno: I had a pretty easy time with it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Articuno, was the hardest. It took me at least 20 soft resets to catch it, which means over 100 great balls!
    Moltres was easy, that is who I used a Master ball on..
    Zapdos comes in second because, it took me 30 great balls to catch it.

PHP:
    20 soft resets + 20 balls each time = 100 or more balls used on Articuno.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    Definately agree with you there. I remember when I use to play the game with a passion and regularly, it always annoyed me at how difficult it was to catch Articuno.
    What? You serious? I caught Articuno so quickly! For Zapdos it went like this: Crobat used mean look. I throw and ultra ball, no shake at all, I throw another ultra ball, no shake at all, I throw and ultra ball, no shake at all,I throw and ultra ball, one shake at all.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Articuno - 4 Ultra Balls.. The easiest.
    Zapdos - 9 Ultra Balls.. Just fine
    Moltres - 24 Great Balls and 48 Ultra Balls... Doesn't the ball-catch-rate go up like a rocket? Eventually caught with Ultra Ball.

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    The hardest for me is Zapdos. e.e; Not that my team was weak. But it was because I was trying to catch every legendary with pokemon. Only Suicuine and Zapdos I didn't catch with Pokeballs. Moltres was the easiest. Articuno the hardest to keep alive >_O. Mewtwo way too easy. =d

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2009
    WEAK POKEMON + ENDEAVOR is the best way to catch one!! trust me ^___^ ... Catching the legendary birds are easy. You can catch them with a regular pokeball.Once you have beaten the pokemon league,and have receive the national dex

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
    That darn Zapdos took me forever to catch! It didn't had that good attacks, but it was generally just a pain in the butt, as it took like 200 ultra balls to catch (If my all tries were to count together). Then was Moltres, had to try a couple of times. Articuno was caught with the second Ultra ball i threw at it.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    In leaf green, Articuno was the hardest for me, as I encountered him first when my pokemon were of a lower level. But eventually he used up all his ice beams. It took me about 12 balls when I finally did, after about 20 restarts.
    But Moltres is the easiest, as it knows endure. So that and hypnosis and 10 ultra balls.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Hmm...
    Articuno. It took me a while to catch him.

Moltres was cake. Zapdos... well was sorta hard, but not really.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Zapdos is always easy, and I kind of remember Articuno being hard, but on my latest play-through of Pokemon Blue, I caught an Articuno in uno ultraball, no joke. So I put Moltres as the hardest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back