The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Mattysaurus
Take it slow, braaah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mattysaurus
failtitle

What is your.. feeling of temperature?
Do you think 60 degrees Fahrenheit is hot or cold? That kind of thing.

And do you like cold or hot weather better?

I like warm temperature better because I love rain and rain while cold is not fun.

I personally think that the 60 degree range is cold. I live in a desert and it's pretty warm. xD

With enemies like that, who needs friends?
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Nature: Adamant
ANYTHING that's not too hot or too cold. I can't stand the humidity of summertime and I can't stand the sometime bone-chilling temperatures of winter.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Canada is terrible for this. In Winter, Ontario & Quebec (just above New York) gets as low as -40. In summer, we can reach as high as 50C with humidity, although the normal temperature is 30-40 with humidity. That's like 86-122F in summer, but it's not dry heat - it's wet, sticky, gross heat with an equally unpleasant warm wind.

Ugh.

I have a disease where sometimes, 30C / 86F will feel really, really cold, and sometimes, 18C will feel really hot. It's odd :s

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
BHwolfgang
kamikorosu

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to BHwolfgang Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BHwolfgang Send a message via Skype™ to BHwolfgang
I personally perfer warm temperatures over the extremes. Freezing my butt off, or melting under the summer heat is not what I want to do.

I would say that the temperature is warm from 60 degrees to 90 degrees. Under or above that, I'm either going to put on a jacket or take a trip to the pool.
Oh, by the way: hot weather > cold weather.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:42 PM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
im seriously burning right now. >.<

i like the hot air better tho. lol

|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:54 PM
aкισ
Become one ; (;

Nature: Bold
Depends, If im going on vacation...

I want it to be HOT, beaches, etc ....

But, where i live. The seasons, are mild...
Winter its cold.
Summer its hot.

I personally, don't get cold very easily..

It could be 50Degrees and i'm only a bit chilly.

(:

Pearl FC: 0903 9875 8244
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Artic.uno
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Artic.uno
Around 60F is just perfect for me, or perhaps around 60F to 50F. By the way, you're getting this from a person who's hometown has weather of around 90F. xD

I actually like cold weather, but not freezing cold. Then you don't have to think about "WHAT CLOTHES DO I WEAR!?" (which I hardly do anyway) because you're just going to wear a ski jacket. And in this case I'm talking about 32F and below.

The more precious the thing is, the more easily it is broken.
Starry☆Sky ~in Autumn~
Backloggery » deviantART
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
Tandem
back with a vengeance!

Nature: Quirky
New England is pretty much cold all year long, so to me anything 50 degrees and above is considered warm. xD Still, I agree that hot weather pwns cold weather. I just hate being trapped inside all the time, and when it's cold out, you tend to stay inside more. 70 to 80 degrees is probably the ideal temperature to me. (: By the way, I'm loving the thread title. xD
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I have a weird thing with temperature... when it's hot to everyone else, I feel cold, and vise versa.

As for preferred room temperature... 70s with a cool breeze coming in through the window.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:40 PM
Ayselipera

COLD WEATHER MUY BIEN.

I hate hot weather with a passion. I like it at a nice 50 F or below. Although I can make exceptions and go for 60 at the most.

My answer to your other question is that I consider 60 to be pretty warm. Not overly hot, but warm at that. Like I said before that's about as 'hot' as I like it to get.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:40 PM
Binary
え?

Well, it's been quite some time since I last saw the sun. It's been pretty cold for the past few months, so I guess I'd prefer hot weather for now. It actually varies for me. But, I think I like hot weather better.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:24 PM
MarstheCar
This account sure is dusty...

To me, any temperature under 65 is cold. Over 72 and I complain about the heat.

Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:11 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
68F+ and I boil. There have been countless occasions where my dad refuses to turn down the heat because "72 is perfect". I roast to death.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Anything under 0C (32F) is cold. Once you hit -30C (-22F), it's freezing.

24C (75F) is warm and perfect. Anything higher than that is too hot for me. D:

If I had to pick one extreme, I'd probably prefer the cold. At least you can bundle up a lot when you know it'll be cold or when the heat's out. But when it's way too hot and there's no air conditioning? :( Naked's the best you can get and that's rarely a viable (or socially acceptable) option.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:20 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
For me, as long as it's not hot to the point where I'm complaining, I'm pretty cool. Cause y'know, I'm allergic to heat of some sort, and I just got over that sickness cause it was too hot in my house a while ago. ;__;

I'd prefer the cold way more than the heat. Florida's cold is perfect. It actually feels pretty awesome. XD
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Katalyst
Winter's epilogue

Freezing temperatures: 15ºC and lower
Okay temperatures: 16ºC - 26ºC
Hot temperatures: 27ºC - 35ºC
Scorching temperatures: 36ºC and higher

I don't have a special preference on heat or cold. As long as it's not freezing nor scorching, I'm fine.

© i Katalyst
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Code
Inactive Profile

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Code
I am constantly cold almost whatever the weather, so I am a cold person, but I enjoy summertime...then I'm slightly less cold. XD

Inactive profile
Feel free to remove me from your friends list
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Gold warehouse

Anything between 0-10C is what I'm comfortable with. I prefer cold weather.
That's between 32-50F.
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Captain Hobo.
Posting King

I like warm weather. 55-74 is what I like.

If you want to chat with me shoot me a VM. Trust me I can't bite you through the computer
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
60F is too cold for me. I'm good with anything around 70-85. Not too hot, not too cold. I'm made of skin and bones, so I get cold easily. But when you're hot, you can't do much about it with either sitting in front of the air conditioning or getting naked. I'll take the former.

Play the game to change the game
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Confuse
the points never matter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Confuse
Some people complain that the current temperature is too cold, while I wish it was colder.

65-70 with a breeze = solid.

Old April 4th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Jordan
[:: Love Is War ★]

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jordan
45F to 80F or 10C to 25C (not exact conversions) I'd say are the ranges of temperatures that I won't complain about. I'm used to hot weather, though that's not to say I don't feel uncomfortable in a heatwave. I get cold quite easily, so I often wear at least three layers of clothing when it's below 10C.
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Eпvy
Winds ღ

Nature: Lonely
I'm pretty strange, from a range of the coldest I've ever seen (probably -1F/-18C) to 85F/29C, I can think it's nice. It's all relative to the conditions. 85F, heck, even 65F can be way too hot for me if the sun is shining, the humidity is up, and there is no wind. Yet 85F can also feel near nice to me if there is no humidity, it's cloudy, and there is wind. Above that it's hard to say, though. After a day of 105F, 85F can be a nice break.

On the other hand, if it's really cold but there is no wind it's really just nice to me. The sun can also make cold temperatures feel much warmer.

I just really don't like the feeling of the sun. I do like seeing everything brightened by the sun at times, but the feeling of it on my skin just makes even cooler temperatures hot to me.

With that said I am a cold weather lover. I much prefer it to be colder! The cold is so much easier to deal with. Even if the heater somehow breaks down (which ours hasn't ever.) there are still more layers or blankets to keep warm. In fact I just love having all of the covers on my bed. It's just a lot more comfortable to sleep in. (one reason why I hate Spring so much. Not the flowers not the greenery, just the fact that it gets warm way too fast and we don't turn the air conditioner in our house on until June... when we've already had constant 80 degree days. There's no place for covers in that situation. =( ) There's also the fact that my family's air conditioner (which was installed either shortly after or before I was born... 21 years ago) just isn't working so well anymore. Freon has to be put into it every single year now, and it can never properly battle the constant heat of our summers.

There's also the fact that I just find cold weather precipitation to be so pretty. We had this horrible ice storm which nearly destroyed all of our trees, and knocked power out for several people for weeks... But I personally thought it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. I hate warm weather storms. Rain is alright, better than the sun... But tornadoes and golf ball sized hail I really could do without.

Also it should be noted that where I live tends to have bipolar winters. The winter before this one we just passed, was about as bipolar as you get before everybody starts running around saying that the world is ending. (Although, I'm sure if this happened elsewhere you WOULD have people like that.) It can and will get up into the 80s and, yes, even the 90s during the winter (with snow on the ground the next day!). So, like, there is no escaping the heat. And with an air conditioner that is so expensive to run, we can not deal with this bipolar weather.

So yes, cold weather is superior. No debate. =P Unless you are poor and live somewhere where it gets extremely cold, then there is debate.

Dear lord, that was a loooongg post... But the extremely bipolar weather where I live can excuse that, right? =P
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
poopnoodle

Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
i always end up complaining when it's hot or cold, the weather in Texas seems to hit extremities most of the time. right now, the weather is 71˚ (22˚C) and that feels perfect to me.
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:15 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

For me, it honestly depends on the season... for instance, I would consider 60-70F quite warm in the winter/spring, but a nice, cool day in the summer/autumn. Minnesota temperatures are freaky like that... in fact, it was 23F three weeks ago on a Thursday morning, and by the following Monday, the high was 72F, iirc.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links