• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Ugghh, it's hot!" "What'chu talking about, it's freezing!"

Years
  • 45F to 80F or 10C to 25C (not exact conversions) I'd say are the ranges of temperatures that I won't complain about. I'm used to hot weather, though that's not to say I don't feel uncomfortable in a heatwave. I get cold quite easily, so I often wear at least three layers of clothing when it's below 10C.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I'm pretty strange, from a range of the coldest I've ever seen (probably -1F/-18C) to 85F/29C, I can think it's nice. It's all relative to the conditions. 85F, heck, even 65F can be way too hot for me if the sun is shining, the humidity is up, and there is no wind. Yet 85F can also feel near nice to me if there is no humidity, it's cloudy, and there is wind. Above that it's hard to say, though. After a day of 105F, 85F can be a nice break.

On the other hand, if it's really cold but there is no wind it's really just nice to me. The sun can also make cold temperatures feel much warmer.

I just really don't like the feeling of the sun. I do like seeing everything brightened by the sun at times, but the feeling of it on my skin just makes even cooler temperatures hot to me.

With that said I am a cold weather lover. I much prefer it to be colder! The cold is so much easier to deal with. Even if the heater somehow breaks down (which ours hasn't ever.) there are still more layers or blankets to keep warm. In fact I just love having all of the covers on my bed. It's just a lot more comfortable to sleep in. (one reason why I hate Spring so much. Not the flowers not the greenery, just the fact that it gets warm way too fast and we don't turn the air conditioner in our house on until June... when we've already had constant 80 degree days. There's no place for covers in that situation. =( ) There's also the fact that my family's air conditioner (which was installed either shortly after or before I was born... 21 years ago) just isn't working so well anymore. Freon has to be put into it every single year now, and it can never properly battle the constant heat of our summers.

There's also the fact that I just find cold weather precipitation to be so pretty. We had this horrible ice storm which nearly destroyed all of our trees, and knocked power out for several people for weeks... But I personally thought it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. I hate warm weather storms. Rain is alright, better than the sun... But tornadoes and golf ball sized hail I really could do without.

Also it should be noted that where I live tends to have bipolar winters. The winter before this one we just passed, was about as bipolar as you get before everybody starts running around saying that the world is ending. (Although, I'm sure if this happened elsewhere you WOULD have people like that.) It can and will get up into the 80s and, yes, even the 90s during the winter (with snow on the ground the next day!). So, like, there is no escaping the heat. And with an air conditioner that is so expensive to run, we can not deal with this bipolar weather.

So yes, cold weather is superior. No debate. =P Unless you are poor and live somewhere where it gets extremely cold, then there is debate.

Dear lord, that was a loooongg post... But the extremely bipolar weather where I live can excuse that, right? =P

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i always end up complaining when it's hot or cold, the weather in Texas seems to hit extremities most of the time. right now, the weather is 71˚ (22˚C) and that feels perfect to me.

Years
  • For me, it honestly depends on the season... for instance, I would consider 60-70F quite warm in the winter/spring, but a nice, cool day in the summer/autumn. Minnesota temperatures are freaky like that... in fact, it was 23F three weeks ago on a Thursday morning, and by the following Monday, the high was 72F, iirc.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • For me, it honestly depends on the season... for instance, I would consider 60-70F quite warm in the winter/spring, but a nice, cool day in the summer/autumn. Minnesota temperatures are freaky like that... in fact, it was 23F three weeks ago on a Thursday morning, and by the following Monday, the high was 72F, iirc.

You call that freaky? xD

Yup, that definitely means I live somewhere crazy. Last year I recall going to bed to 83F and waking up in the morning to snow on the ground.

We also went from having a low of -1F to a low of 59F in just a few days just this last winter...

Years
  • You call that freaky? xD

Yup, that definitely means I live somewhere crazy. Last year I recall going to bed to 83F and waking up in the morning to snow on the ground.

We also went from having a low of -1F to a low of 59F in just a few days just this last winter...

Y'see... this kind of change happens on a regular basis here. That's why it's so freaky... it's not just a few times a year... it's a few times a season, as if the temperature's trying to test our mettle.

Sounds like you live in an warmer clime than I in some mountainous region... doesn't take long for the temps to drop in the mountains. And our temps haven't been as weird of late, though I recall setting a record cold in a December this decade while also having that same winter's January set a record high a few weeks later.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • donavannj said:
    Y'see... this kind of change happens on a regular basis here. That's why it's so freaky... it's not just a few times a year... it's a few times a season, as if the temperature's trying to test our mettle.

Sounds like you live in an warmer clime than I in some mountainous region... doesn't take long for the temps to drop in the mountains. And our temps haven't been as weird of late, though I recall setting a record cold in a December this decade while also having that same winter's January set a record high a few weeks later.

This last winter was different, but the winter before it was very much consistently bipolar. (lol, putting those two words together...)

Going from the 60s/70s to 30s/40s was a lot more common than the 80s, though. Still, the winter of 08/09, I assure you that there were very few sets of days where there wasn't a huge change. So yes, it does happen on a regular basis, but mainly in the winter. Fall and Spring have radical changes sometimes, but that's to be expected from them if you ask me. Summer is just hot, 100% of the time. -_-

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • If it's like...30-50 degrees, I'm freezing. But anything above 70F is hot...

60 degreess...is well, neutral. If it's low sixty, I'm cold. High sixty, I'm hot.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • That's what, about 15 degerees Celsius? I'd say that's a little cool, but bearable. My dad's properly annoying, though. He doesn't feel cold until about -5, so he'll come into the room in the middle of winter, turn the fire off, turn the central heating off, then sit down and watch us freeze.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I don't mind warmer temperatures at all. It's the cold that I really hate. x3

Generally I like temperatures to be around 60-85F. It's cold if it's below 40F and cool if it's below 60F.

I don't mind cool weather as much, but I hate cold weather. x3

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I don't mind warmer temperatures at all. It's the cold that I really hate. x3

Generally I like temperatures to be around 60-85F. It's cold if it's below 40F and cool if it's below 60F.

I don't mind cool weather as much, but I hate cold weather. x3
    Ha! Try living in the grand'ol Northeast. You'll have a blast :3

Years
  • I love warm weather. (Like summer and spring.) Cold weather bothers me. I hate the winter because of it.

Years
  • I like the cold weather. As long as I'm bundled properly, it's actually a blast to be in. Until it gets too cold, that is; below 0F or if there's a strong wind, I'm probably not loving it. But even then, walking in the cold doesn't bother me that much, it's just a bit unpleasant.

It's the hot weather that drives me nuts, because I hate being all hot and sweaty and I still have a half hour until I get home... that's why I prefer winter over summer. I am a wimp; if there's no wind 70F is probably too hot for me.

As for indoors, I'm almost always cold, unless it's the summer and there's no A/C to be had. :/ I have a hoodie I wear all the time around the house. I'll wear it less now that it's getting hot, but not hot enough for the A/C, but once the A/C is on and working, it'll probably be on again...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Whenever everyone says it's cold, I'd say the opposite, so..

Though cold makes me lazy as in what I'll wear, and heat makes me sick, so meh.

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
  • I get hot real easy. Everyone will be like "dude, it's freezing!" and I'll be all like "whaaaaaat? I'm sweating!"

Back