• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HELP! It's a mouse!

Negative Creep

Pokémon piercing artist
Years
  • So after finding a mouse-shaped hole in my bread and hearing him run around at night, I've been able to determine I share my place with a mouse...

Mice are cute, but he's gotta go 'cause they carry nasty diseases and stuff O.O I don't want to kill him, and they don't sell Have-A-Heart traps where I live in Holland.

Does anyone have any ideas for makeshift mousetraps that won't harm him? :rambo:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • My dad had this problem, and he ended up having to kill it even though he didn't want to. They're way too quick and they can fit almost anywhere, so you're not going to be able to find a safe alternative. There is a trap where you put food or something in a box and the mouse goes through the door to get it and the door locks itself once it's closed, with the mouse inside. They never fall for it though. :(

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • My dad had this problem, and he ended up having to kill it even though he didn't want to. They're way too quick and they can fit almost anywhere, so you're not going to be able to find a safe alternative. There is a trap where you put food or something in a box and the mouse goes through the door to get it and the door locks itself once it's closed, with the mouse inside. They never fall for it though. :(

If you put it in the middle of a room, they wont fall for it. Rats and Mice like to run close to walls, so put it there and it should've fallen for it.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • If you put it in the middle of a room, they wont fall for it. Rats and Mice like to run close to walls, so put it there and it should've fallen for it.
    It was against a wall, lol. We put it in lots of places, really. And we even had more than one in the house.

Negative Creep

Pokémon piercing artist
    Years
  • Lol @ "This Creep Person" :D

I'm moving back to the States in 3 weeks so I'm not sure if it's worth it to order a trap... I was hoping for a box-and-stick kind of setup you see in cartoons!

But it's true, they're really smart and fast, and the one trap I did build (with peanut butter and a paper towel tube) he didn't fall for. D:

Years
  • once i had a mouse and i stayed up all night with a bucket so when it walked out of were it was hiding it put the bucket on it to catch it.
    then we figured out we had more but my dad killed them. :(

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
  • my dad had this problem in his garage aswell but he didn't really care :(
    what you could do is kill them in the 2 least painnful ways possible
    a) this quick poison, it kills them while they are asleep but doesn't hurt them
    b) a trap that breaks the neck, the pain is so short it not really painful
    there the only options I can think of :( good luck though!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • lets see if I can remember what happened the the mice I've seen....

got any plastic or foam cups? get that and something to cover it (a thick piece of paper should do) and try to grab it and take him outside (preferably a distance away from the house)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Go to Walmart or a pet store; they'll have a trap where you set food, and it wanders inside a hole and SNAP! It'll get pushed into a safe area, but unable to get out.

We use that. It works like a charm.

Mice are cute, though :s

Trope

Protéger just au matin~Féerie!
    Years
  • Our cat eats all mice that dare enter out home, so I'm afraid I won't be able to offer much advice here. However, my grandpa always removed mice by using glue traps, which work quite well. The downside to those are that the mouse may struggle so much, that it wounds itself. =/

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • We had this problem once and I remember my dad getting his finger caught in one of the traps x'D.

Back to the point though - I'd only kill it if your sure it's carrying diseases. Who knows - it might just be a harmless, scared little mouse :P

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • We got this machine a while back which emits this screech that humans can't hear and mice can. It supposedly drives them out and we don't have a mouse problem any more however now we own a cat so I'm unsure if it's that, that worked.
    Worth a shot though =3

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    We got this machine a while back which emits this screech that humans can't hear and mice can. It supposedly drives them out and we don't have a mouse problem any more however now we own a cat so I'm unsure if it's that, that worked.
    Worth a shot though =3
    yeah i see informertials that sell that. it doesnt work

if your moving soon dont worry about it. if you dont touch the mouse or its poop you wont get sick from any diseases it might carry. mice are actually cleaner than humans.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ^Also, fail.

if your moving soon dont worry about it. if you dont touch the mouse or its poop you wont get sick from any diseases it might carry. mice are actually cleaner than humans.

Well, so long as you stay out from under wherever it's been. And close up your food behind a layer of plastic. It's not much trouble to get a mouse out, you know. We use traditional, fatal mouse traps and it makes them much easier to deal with. You may also want to find where it's getting in and seal it up. I doubt whoever's moving in there next wants to deal with mice, so you may as well fix that while it's a non-issue.

Moon Dreamer

Shadow Tamer
    Years
  • heres what you should do: go to any health food store and buy lots of mint oil
    sprinkle it around your house and it will be mouse free in no time at all
    i read that mice hate the smell of mint
    its a humane way to get rid of mice without harsh chemicals

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I am surprised no-one has considered GETTING A CAT. :P

Cats are surprisingly unreliable, in that lots of cats I have seen simply show no interest in catching mice. If you find a good hunter, then you still gotta clean up what's left of them anyway. Not like it's a problem, but yeah.

Back