• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HELP! It's a mouse!

Years
  • When I was younger one of my hamsters escaped.

We captured it by getting a bucket and lining the bottom with paper towels (So she had a nice landing), and put nice treats in there. We put a little make-shift ladder up the side and in the morning she was curled up asleep in the corner of the bucket all tired out from her treat eating.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Glue traps work...one day or another.

2 years ago we set up a glue trap... we forgot about it... and found it behind the stove... with a dead mouse barely decomposed...

You may say it wasn't a pretty sight, but glue traps sure do work like a charm.

Years
  • Well, we caught the rat living in my room by moving all the furniture to the center, than trapping it in a waste basket. It was kind of hard, because the thing was fast, but I got it.

But besides that, our little Yorkshire Terrier does a great job at hunting the mice that live in the big room in the basement. The glue traps work, too. We use those in the more furnished rooms in the basement. But we add a little food to them, to lure the mice a bit quicker.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Glue traps are useful, but a simple one is to put a bit of soda in a bottle cap or something small enough to hold a little bit of it, they'll drink it and kick the bucket since they can't burp. :P

Years
  • The problem with non-kill traps is that there's a good chance the mouse might come back if you don't chuck it far enough. It's not pretty or pleasant, but it is much more sufficient to just kill it. Then you have to clean the trap because the mouse probably would've done its business in it. It is not very fun if you have the misfortune of catching three mice at once.

Back