The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
MegaMaccer
If a tree falls in a forest

Welcome To:

Welcome
to Pokemon Torzach, the hack-come-game. This is the first game I've ever worked on, so bear with me while we learn the ropes. I hope the end result is something that everyone can enjoy playing as much as we enjoy making!
Things may take a little while to get off the ground, such as a CSS (If anyone wants to volounteer, I'd very much appreciate it) but we've only been turning this into a game for a few days now, so I don't think we've progressed to badly. So, read on, enjoy what little eye candy we have, and I hope you like what you see :D

ScreenShots:
Some of these may not be up to date... but we will update as fast as possible!
Spoiler:

Now, I'm sure you've got a lot of questions; "What is that mysterious Pokemon staring at the Hero?!" "What are those three magnificent looking Pokemon in the battle screens?!" "How did you know what questions I was going to ask?!"
Well, as I'm sure you've guessed, those three Pokemon are the starters, the Event Pokemon is... Well, I can't exactly tell you about that. Wouldn't want to spoil the surprise, now would we
Just so you guys know, tiles could change, let me know what you think of these ones, or whether we need something newer.

Spoiler:

Special thanks to Minchan for that one

Sorry everyone, no linky userbars for now, I'll add some soon. If you want to use these ones, just save the image to your computer, and then upload it and put it in your sig. I'll get links up to make it easier once I established the thread.

Spoiler:

I know, I know, this is the Hack of the Week award, but it's the only one we've won so far, and since we used to be a hack, I figured I'd leave it up there for now :D (If that breaks some sort of rule, slap me and I'll take it down :D

Chizzu, Aminako, Byona, Lya, Pokemon Diamond (The person, not the game), Mssingno, Freque, DU7CH13 and everyone else who has contributed with artwork. ALL art involved in this hack is for this hack only. In other words, don't steal.

Lyzo, for everything he's helping with. Without him, this project would be about as successful as a Magikarp at the Olympics.

Minchan, for the banners.

Rexo, for the awesome maps :D.

ZEiN, for the small tree, and all of the decorations.

Rata, for the big tree.

Xiros, for the middle tree.

Everyone else, whether you comment, contribute, or just post one of our awesome banners in your signature!

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!

Last edited by MegaMaccer; May 29th, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:29 AM
RedBaron474
I don't even know

Glad to see the thread up Mac, but you might want to edit the title of the thread? hehe: "Pokemon Torzach: The Lgened Begins"

My Pokemon HeartGold Team
[Game Begun March 19, 2011]
[Bayleef Lv. 24] [Noctowl Lv. 23]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check me out on deviantART!!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongarnet View Post
surprised that i'm the first one to say this but. Wrong section this goes in hacking since you're hacking fire red.
No this is a Game, This started out as a hack a while ago. read the intro..
They are using the same CSS right now.

See you turned it in a game, would the hack be contiuned?
I wish you luck as a begining game maker, your better then me xD.

Awesome fakemon o.o
and newer tiles would be cool.
(stalked the hack thread too o.o..)

Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
pachurisu88
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
hey u know what how about a pokemon contest that would be kool
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaron474 View Post
Glad to see the thread up Mac, but you might want to edit the title of the thread? hehe: "Pokemon Torzach: The Lgened Begins"
Thanks And yeah, I've contacted a Mod about that. I guess I just typed too fast for my fingers.
Quote:
surprised that i'm the first one to say this but. Wrong section this goes in hacking since you're hacking fire red.
Sorry, but it is in the right section. We haven't gotten around to changing the image yet, that'll get done fairly soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo View Post
No this is a Game, This started out as a hack a while ago. read the intro..
They are using the same CSS right now.

See you turned it in a game, would the hack be contiuned?
I wish you luck as a begining game maker, your better then me xD.

Awesome fakemon o.o
and newer tiles would be cool.
(stalked the hack thread too o.o..)
The Hack will be discontinued, but this is basically the hack without walls. I think we've got some new tiles somewhere that I might insert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachurisu88 View Post
hey u know what how about a pokemon contest that would be kool
Thanks for the thought

Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:21 PM
hackerofdarkness
Bleached and gone

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to hackerofdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to hackerofdarkness
Nice game man asome fakes I see the old thread is closed and you restarted in xp well good luck with this project mega

New Profile
Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:10 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
So you really started this as a game? =)
It's good to see that you'll continue to work on this =)
The best of luck to you Mac =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:30 AM
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.

Nature: Sassy
The name attracted me to focus on the thread... especially the typo, haha.
I like the storyline and the art alot, but the graphical/pixel parts really need some work.

For the sprites, I'd advice to make the colored outline parts a bit darker.
And then, off to the tiles, you use alot of different styles, I'd advice to stick with one style.
And at last, the overworlds. I like the hero alot, but the outlines on the heroine should be much darker.

Aside from that, I love this game, and I hope you'll do something with my advice!

~Ledyba~
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:57 AM
V0RT3X
Scientist at fluid dynamics

Nature: Bashful
hmm, maybe you want to put new tiles from DPPt or HG/SS istead of FR/LG.
They look way better

Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:01 PM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerofdarkness View Post
Nice game man asome fakes I see the old thread is closed and you restarted in xp well good luck with this project mega
Thanks muchly :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
So you really started this as a game? =)
It's good to see that you'll continue to work on this =)
The best of luck to you Mac =)
Yep, it's past the point of no return. Well, not really, but it sounds kind of cool to say it that way. Thanks for your support
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewitty View Post
The name attracted me to focus on the thread... especially the typo, haha.
I like the storyline and the art alot, but the graphical/pixel parts really need some work.

For the sprites, I'd advice to make the colored outline parts a bit darker.
And then, off to the tiles, you use alot of different styles, I'd advice to stick with one style.
And at last, the overworlds. I like the hero alot, but the outlines on the heroine should be much darker.

Aside from that, I love this game, and I hope you'll do something with my advice!
Thanks very much for the advice I'll definitely think about what you said about the sprites, if other people could let me know what they think, that way I won't base the decision on one person. I'm sure you understand I'm trying to appeal to the most people possible, and so far you're the only one that's commented on the sprites like that See below for possible new tiles...
Quote:
Originally Posted by V0RT3X View Post
hmm, maybe you want to put new tiles from DPPt or HG/SS istead of FR/LG.
They look way better
See below...

=========================================================

So, it seems new tiles are in order, so I've uploaded these. If y'all could let me know what you think, so we can either stick'em in the game or throw'em in the bin. I personally like them a lot, but let me know what you think
Spoiler:

Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

Ahhhh, its good to see this game alive and well. I thought it died back in the hacking section. I really hope you continue with this, I feel as though it will be a very good hack. And two things. (1) Are there any original pokemon from the original games? (2) Could you either post or PM me the PokeDex? Thankou and good luck =]
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
PEPITO1O1O
~Saïx~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to PEPITO1O1O
So i was looking at the screen shots and i just have to say that i love how the male OW looks like a pimp xD
Keep working hard on this cuz I want to PLAY IT!!!!!

Come Join:
-----------------------------------------------
I Support:
PHO
Diviner

Last edited by PEPITO1O1O; May 24th, 2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:09 PM
Lyzo
On vacation

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Yay! The thread is up!

Well... I can't say much from where I am now since my Internet here is horrible... But great that so many people like what we got now.

Mac, I'll be back tonight

EDIT: Well now that I'm back I got to look at the thread a bit better Here and there it does still say hack, but that mainly in the pictures, which is harder to change By they way, love this :
Spoiler:
Lyzo, for everything he's helping with. Without him, this project would be about as successful as a Magikarp at the Olympics.

Now about the tiles... someone mentioned changing over to DP tiles... I personally don't think they're better than FR/LG styled tiles, mainly because I kind of stopped playing Pokemon after the 3rd Gen... But meh, Mac's choice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMaccer View Post
So, it seems new tiles are in order, so I've uploaded these. If y'all could let me know what you think, so we can either stick'em in the game or throw'em in the bin. I personally like them a lot, but let me know what you think
Spoiler:
These are Vannah's tiles right? The shapes and patterns are all fine... But I don't really like the colors, I think they could all be a bit brighter, so that they really stand out (and I'm mainly talking about the tree's here). But before we start implementing these, we need more in that style otherwise we'll have a weird mix (This will be possible soon, won't it? )

Thank you The Blueprint !!!

Last edited by Lyzo; May 24th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:54 PM
pokemongarnet
CAT-BUS!

Quote:
Sorry about that mistake, i missed that paragraph. these fakemon are looking really nice. looks like an interesting game.
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:35 PM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwilliams24 View Post
Ahhhh, its good to see this game alive and well. I thought it died back in the hacking section. I really hope you continue with this, I feel as though it will be a very good hack. And two things. (1) Are there any original pokemon from the original games? (2) Could you either post or PM me the PokeDex? Thankou and good luck =]
This is one game that'll never die I can guarantee that. It may slow down at times, but I'll pick it up again. Right now though, we're making pretty good progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEPITO1O1O View Post
So i was looking at the screen shots and i just have to say that i love how the male OW looks like a pimp xD
Keep working hard on this cuz I want to PLAY IT!!!!!
Glad you like it :D
Quote:
Sorry about that mistake, i missed that paragraph. these fakemon are looking really nice. looks like an interesting game.
No problems :D

Updates people I know we all like our updates. These are the new tiles inserted into the game. We only have the trees in at the moment, but we'll get the rest in soon enough. They look out of place for now, but once we get the rest of the set done, I think they'll look great. Let me know what you think, I need the crit :
Spoiler:

Old May 24th, 2010, 05:13 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

I think the trees look pretty good, though I think i would need to see what they look like with the rest of the tiles to be sure though.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:14 AM
thelaytonmobile
Beginning Reading Your Message

Nature: Timid
Good to see this new thread.
Oh, and you might wanna change your support banners, I think they still link to the old thread.

Old May 25th, 2010, 09:01 PM
bz5566
Furi Kuri

Nature: Relaxed
hey, just wanted to say that the screenshots and male hero look awesome haha
best luck to the whole Torzach team

VM me if you want to battle (OU)

"Hail, oh god of dark flame, lord Canti!"
Completed challenges
Spoiler:
- Totodile

Old May 26th, 2010, 12:09 PM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
I think the trees look pretty good, though I think i would need to see what they look like with the rest of the tiles to be sure though.
You're right about having to see them with the rest of the tiles. We'll get that done as soon as we can. Apparently school finishes up in the states soon, so we'll be able to work more then. Thanks for your support~
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelaytonmobile View Post
Good to see this new thread.
Oh, and you might wanna change your support banners, I think they still link to the old thread.
Woopsie, didn't see that. I'll try and free up some time to fix those soon. Thanks for letting me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz5566 View Post
hey, just wanted to say that the screenshots and male hero look awesome haha
best luck to the whole Torzach team
Glad you like it

Updates again. These are shots of the first event in the game. Enjoy~ (And post comments :D)
Spoiler:

Last edited by MegaMaccer; May 26th, 2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling. Curse this blasted broken keyboard!
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:45 PM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

Looks good, I like the fakemon. I just wanna find out what it is.ohhh, i guess ill have to wait =/
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
You probably have no idea what a good job you did.
Keep up the excellent work and I'm sure it'll lead you to significant progress!
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Lyzo
On vacation

Just here to post that we have been making great progress

A few notes on our progress:
- We are remapping our maps (as former fans may have noticed from the screenshots, and I must say they look a lot better ), remapping is going quite well, as we have already finished up to Mior Canyon (and for those wondering, yes these are totally new maps )
- Eventing is going quite slow xD, but meh, we have about half of the scripts we had in our hack implemented into the game already...
- The Pokemon Graphics we had have all been inserted.
- Some stats/moves/pokedex info/other stuff about the Pokemon, have been inserted into the game, but not all of it...
- Further overworlds we had, have been inserted, and so have some trainer graphics

Well that's about it for now, but we almost have everything we had in the hack

Old May 29th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Rexo
Rexo

Nature: Relaxed
Hi guys, I the one who creates the maps. I think this is gonna be a pretty nice game after all. I hope the people who insert the events are going to make some progress now. Anyway, the reason I post is because I'd like to know the date of publishing the alpha version cause I'm looking forward to the preview. Another thing I want to get informed about is the certain maps. Are there going to be beach, ice or sea maps, cause to be able to do my best and make more beautiful maps, I need more tiles. Maybe the people who make the tiles can give me some?
However, good luck with the game and finished in the mean time, I finished mior canyon and the town next to that so the screenshots can be updated.
See ya.

Old May 30th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Lyzo
On vacation

Updates coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexo View Post
Hi guys, I the one who creates the maps. I think this is gonna be a pretty nice game after all. I hope the people who insert the events are going to make some progress now. Anyway, the reason I post is because I'd like to know the date of publishing the alpha version cause I'm looking forward to the preview. Another thing I want to get informed about is the certain maps. Are there going to be beach, ice or sea maps, cause to be able to do my best and make more beautiful maps, I need more tiles. Maybe the people who make the tiles can give me some?
However, good luck with the game and finished in the mean time, I finished mior canyon and the town next to that so the screenshots can be updated.
See ya.
Yep, Rexo is a friend of mine, one day I decided to put him behind RPG Maker XP to make a map to see what he would make out of it xD Well he was a real noob

But he actually quite liked it, so he mapped more and more, and now it's been a month and he's 12x times as good as me He's a real natural. Anyway, thanks to his addictiveness (is that a word?) Torzach's maps have been updated and he has already mapped almost a whole year of progress in less than two weeks

But now, all of you have to wait for a certain lazy bum to get his eventing and pokemon inserting done

Old May 30th, 2010, 11:46 AM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwilliams24 View Post
Looks good, I like the fakemon. I just wanna find out what it is.ohhh, i guess ill have to wait =/
Yep, you're gonna have to wait. Not as long as you might think, though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
You probably have no idea what a good job you did.
Keep up the excellent work and I'm sure it'll lead you to significant progress!
Thanks for the support

==========================================================

Update time! *Dances*
Seven new screenies, fresh off the press.
These are of the second and third towns, Mior Canyon, and various other things. That big building is the library, where you will find the first "Easter Egg" if you look hard enough. Those'll be left in almost every town and route, and I won't be telling you where they are. They'll do anything from give access to special pokemon, to special items, to passwords that'll give access to an item that'll help you find a special pokemon. Anyway, onto the screens;
Spoiler:

EDIT: Come on people, where's the posts? Over 1000 view and less than 30 posts?! Hurry up about it boys :D (And girls, of course)

Last edited by MegaMaccer; May 30th, 2010 at 11:56 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links