Pokémon Garnet Version~

Started by mercurysky October 7th, 2009 7:57 AM
  • 995 replies
  • Public Poll

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• 71.90%
  • 25.03%
  • 3.08%
Seen May 14th, 2013
Posted February 28th, 2012
94 posts
11.9 Years

*developed with Rpgmaker XP

Features

*New game region: Isiah - full of different environments and secrets to discover
*more than 200 fakemons!
*rich custom graphics, full of details
*improved dungeon-like structures, for the best explorations ever!
*new game mechanics, such as camera system
*Jrpg-oriented storyline, with epicness and deep subjects
*original music and sounds!
*side-quest system: missions available depending upon your *Trainer Rank
*time-based events: Isiah looks differently depending on hour and days!
*trophys: master the hardest challenges to unlock them!
*[wip] downloadable content for in-game expansions

Storyline

«The question is: to rein consciously our destiny, or to be swept by the flow of time because of our ignorance?
Isiah's very roots are to be shaken, the cycle of life changed forever. In the midst of our heart a new fear spreads. The biggest shadow is concealed by light, as much as the darkest place is a lighthouse's base.
The confine between myth and reality has never been so small.»

Pokémon Garnet let you assume the role of a young boy or a young girl. Some differences happens throughout the game depending on your gender, but the adventure remains the same. It's the day of your seventeenth birthday: you can now embark on your journey as a pokémon trainer, starting from your hometown Fleurville. Professor Cedar awaits you and your friends at Fleurville's Research Centre to introduce you into the world of Pokémon.
Choose your first pokémon among three and begin your travel. You'll meet obstacles of all sorts, from hard pokémon battles to savage places.
Will you gather enough strength to embark the greatest adventure?
Will you have enough courage to face the darkest fears?
Will you heed the call of your destiny?

Spoiler:

Development Team
Project Coordinator: Mercurysky aka Hydrargirium
Scripter: Help-14
Eventer: Mercurysky

Graphic team
Spriters/ pixel artists: Blazeknight, Giulio-91, Kuroda-Taiki, White-Flame
Artworks/general graphics: iMezzo
Tilesetter: Kuroda-Taiki, White-Flame, Mercurysky
Mapper: Mercurysky
Sound Team
Composers: Gunsou, Skaylea, Tobinus

Credits
System: Poccil & Flameguru for their starter kit, used as a base for the project.
Graphics (mainly tiles and game rips): Alucus, BoOmxBIG, cNickc, Dante, DarkDragon, DeadHeroAlistair, Dewitty, Dragoon, GavZxHayley, Kymotonian, Lalo0101, mr-duke, Pokémon-Diamond, PurPok, RubiiGameZ, Spacemotion, UltimoSpriter, Zetavares852
Concepts, Helps, special thanks: PHantasyEXperiment, Failed-Artist, HourglassHero, bzuma. And all the wonderful people we met during the development!

Thanks for following the project and for supporting us!
Age 27
Male
Brisbane, Australia
Seen June 19th, 2019
Posted May 31st, 2015
495 posts
13.5 Years
I'm actually going to eventually make a game called Pokemon Garnet, idk how far away that is though. Anyway, its looking really good so far (from what I have seen here and on dA) I actually first found this game on dA. Keep up the great work, but when I make finally make a thread for my game I'll have to think of something so people don't get names mixed up (and I sure hope little noobs don't say "Sorry, already a game called Pokemon Garnet. You will have to change it" because names aren't copyrighted here so anyone can use anything). The hero/ine are done really well btw lol
Seen May 14th, 2013
94 posts
11.9 Years
First, thanks to anyone for the support and the apreciatements!

I'm actually going to eventually make a game called
Pokemon Garnet, idk how far away that is though. Anyway, its looking really good so far (from what I have seen here and on dA) I actually first found this game on dA. Keep up the great work, but when I make finally make a thread for my game I'll have to think of something so people don't get names mixed up (and I sure hope little noobs don't say "Sorry, already a game called Pokemon Garnet. You will have to change it" because names aren't copyrighted here so anyone can use anything). The hero/ine are done really well btw lol
It's not a problem, I've chosen that name for the particular story of the game, but I think the same thing you said, names aren't copyrighted in fangames! I will never say you to change your project's name! XD

Little new abouto features:
There will be three additional pokémon types in garnet:
-Space
-Light
-Sound

I'll make soon some new screens!

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer

Male
Somewhere on earth...
Seen March 14th, 2017
Posted October 21st, 2016
325 posts
12.7 Years
Man, I like you region map! well, i hate the HGSS style but I can "see" your map on DPPt style and it's great! Your overworlds look elaborated(original). Nice start!
Pokémon Pure Version. It's gone now. Buh-bye Nohmen Region! Nobody will miss you because no one had the chance to meet you.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow

Age 26
In a magical land full of ponies and faries!
Seen October 17th, 2012
Posted April 9th, 2010
477 posts
13.4 Years
Oooh, looks promising man! Keep it up! I know this game is gonna go far!
~~~~

An untold tale of the high seas...
A tale of the dawn of exploration...
A tale that spans time...
A tale, never told before...

Pokémon: Age of Exploration
Coming Soon...

~~~~

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore

Male
Silph Co.
Seen January 9th, 2021
Posted October 17th, 2020
102 posts
11.8 Years
Hey Garnet Team ^^
I love the look of your project so far, your maps are very pleasing on my eyes, and i like your ideas. I'm cant wait for more updates =)
Seen May 14th, 2013
94 posts
11.9 Years
Looks good, I'll give you that, but your female character is unporportioned
I think that's because of her long-tight dress...
Anyway, thanks to everyone and a little new.

Thanks to Blazeknight work an Giulio's concept for the legendary, we have finally animated title screen. There will be also a "press start" on it. That's only an animated gif for the background.
Hope you'll like it! :3

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!

Age 28
Male
Germany
Seen January 1st, 2015
Posted June 16th, 2012
640 posts
14.6 Years
Now this is some great eye candy. I'm normally not to fond of fire starters, but in this case I'd definitely have to go with fire. You've made good use of Kyledoves tiles and is that even new palettes I spy? Your trainers are really impressive and the mapping, oh the mapping. Keep it up man you and your team are doing really well. I look forward to seeing more. Love the Titlescreen By the way ;)

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector

Age 28
Chillin' with my Deoxys
Seen October 27th, 2013
Posted June 9th, 2012
1,820 posts
17.1 Years
Those are some great graphics. Definitely looking forward to seeing some more of those new pokemon. :3 That map is neat-looking too, I actually like it better than the original game maps.

Although I think I agree with whoever said it earlier, the female's body looks a little too long. I think if you added a little more definition to her waist it would look fine, though. :3 Other than that, it's all great. Keep it up~
मेरा नाम रेचल है.