• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Multiple status problems

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
Years
  • I have wanted pokemon to be able to have multiple status problems ever since i started playing. It has never made since to me. Why does being poisened make you unable to be burned? i know the programing wouldent be that hard, just make the pokemon take damage twice, or say its sleeping and takes damage from burn or whatever.

EDIT:I hope this appears in B/W but i doubt it does.

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    It has nothing to do with programming. It has to do with balance. Yeah, the game is really hard when all you have to do is sleep, burn, and poison every Pokemon you fight, right?

Years
  • Well in some cases I agree with you but if your asleep and get burned your going to wake up, kinda eliminates inducing sleep. Plus you could just teach a pokemon status moves and put to sleep a pokemon, poisin it, burn it, and freeze it. I mean if its just 2 then it still messes up the balance of things.

P.s. I know if I was asleep and got burnt I would wake up lol XD

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • I doubt it highly. Also, if they did I would be driven insane. Could you imagine having a pokemon burned, poisoned, asleep, and frozen? I'd say your chances of winning a battle like this have been slimmed down quite a bit, and I would be very saddened. The poor pokies.... Save them from such cruelty lol :)

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
  • I doubt it highly. Also, if they did I would be driven insane. Could you imagine having a pokemon burned, poisoned, asleep, and frozen? I'd say your chances of winning a battle like this have been slimmed down quite a bit, and I would be very saddened. The poor pokies.... Save them from such cruelty lol :)

They could put in a system to stop the problems after a while like they did with out of battle poisining.

Years
    Lol my same example XD(random post)

TaylorMcIntire

Gym Leader
    Years
  • I have thought that this happening would be cool too, but the balancing does make sense. It would seem too easy to use Hypnosis and Poison Powder on every Pokemon you meet.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Could you imagine having a pokemon burned, poisoned, asleep, and frozen?

I do agree with the balance issues, but it would take like five turns for burned, poisoned and sleep to happen, considering accuracy issues. (Freeze is at best a 1/10 chance.) I don't think any Pokemon can do all of those three moves (and even if they could, they'd have to waste three of their moves for it). Those five turns, put into damaging moves would probably have knocked you out anyway.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    what you're saying is completely logical Magmarizer and it's true you can be burned and poisoned simultaneously and such, but that would make the game just too easy or too difficult. Image you were in a double battle and you had both toxic and will-o-wisp used on one of your Pokemon, do you think its going to be easy to continue the battle. This way many trainers will depend on this aspect in battling. Highly doubt it happening.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Logically, it makes sense that you can get both burned and poisoned at the same time and stuff, but there are two reasons why you can't:

Graphically, it would look horrible having multiple statuses stacked together in a Pokemon's battle thing. It looks much better with just a gap for one (that and there isn't actually any room for it without making it look demented.

Balance-wise, it would also kill the game. Poison already does 1/16 per turn, as does burn. Add Sandstorm to it and you take almost a fifth of your HP every turn. If you're sleeped, it means you're helpless to be completely eradicated by status. Not fun. Each status does something different, sleep and freeze make you unable to do anything, paralysis makes you slower and may not be able to attack sometimes. Burn lowers your attack and deals damage, and poison just hurts. With all these different effects, you have to decide which one to use to be most effective. There's no point in that if you can just throw all of them on.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • It's all down to balance, as people have said. If it didn't unbalance the game, it would already have been implemented by now.

I'm just wondering, are people expecting massive gameplay changes just because the website says "A whole new adventure"? Because you do realise they're just saying that to hype up the game?

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • Haha! But we're already has Double Status problem. But yeah, though we're only has Confusion with Poison/Burn/Freeze/Attract/Paralyze. The main thing is we've never get a Poison with Sleep/Burn/Paralyze/Freeze.

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    Oh yeah thats cool.
    Yeah I see someone going in and I come out with Infatuation,Confused,Paralyzed,and Poisoned. Sounds like a FUN TIME(Sarcasm)

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I don't see that happening. Far too hard or easy.

Back