• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Dark Cobalt Version

Years
  • This thread is up for archival purposes. If you want to see the most recent edition of Pokémon Cobalt, click me.

Pokémon Dark Cobalt

Dark Cobalt was a ROM Hack of Pokémon Firered BPRE in English.

Living in Coral Town has allowed you to leave a peaceful, and uninteresting life. Days come and go, and you grow older.

Awe-inspired by natural disasters, you hope someday something exciting would happen to you. Perhaps the arrival of the mysterious boy, Cyan, and you receiving your first ever Pokémon will change your luck?

As you embark on a journey through the Felith Region, you will encounter many people, both good and bad, and Pokémon. Good luck!​

Features

• Sidequests and minigames.
    • Battle interviews. Anne Aniseed and Dan Dandelion are touring Felith, and want to interview you!
    • Varied Poké Mart stock. As you progress, the Marts will get a larger variety of stock!
    • The Hoenn region.

Screenshots

Landlord.png
    ImsingingamedleyofHoenntunes.png
    Whatmorecouldyouwant.png

WaitCOBALT.png
    JackofHearts.png
    LilacPlainsupahead.png

14.png
    places.png
    tangrowth.png

Special Thanks and Credits

• NiKaNoRoU - Tiles
    • Pokepal17 - Mapping
    • colcolstyles - Scripting
    • Logiedan - Spriting
    • Sushiekat - Fakemon
    • Mateo - Tiles

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • This is looking very good, Haroun. I'm eager to see more about this, as the screenshots aren't exactly 'showing off', except for the "great tiles" part. It's also great to see the existence of fakemon. I wish you the best with this hack, buddy!

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2010
    first to post
    u should probably show some more details, like the tiles
    it could generate more intrest

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • However, the part that has the Brandon sprite looks like it's just an extension to a Pokemon Center. Which I don't think is what it you meant. (Unless it was, then good job and excuse me for being stupid. :P)
    ^ Pwned. It's actually a pokecenter basement, and it's awesome. By the way, Ice, can you give us more information about the new region itself?

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Woah,looking good there ice..hahax,
    Can't really tell anything from the story,since it does not really says much,maybe provide more story?..lol,
    for screenshots,they look neat and nice,i like the way they are,looks nice but the trees on the pokecenter basement,like too much in my oipion maybe 4 one each side?..just my pea for your hack..HA HA..
    goood luck on this,will want to see more..

Years
  • This is looking very good, Haroun. I'm eager to see more about this, as the screenshots aren't exactly 'showing off', except for the "great tiles" part. It's also great to see the existence of fakemon. I wish you the best with this hack, buddy!
    I know, and I'm planning on showing off some stuff soon. Thanks.

first to post
    u should probably show some more details, like the tiles
    it could generate more intrest
    I have shown some of the tiles. And I hope you mean showing more details will generate more interest, not new tiles (because they're staying FRLG style).

^Pwned

I really like the style of the town picture. However, the part that has the Brandon sprite looks like it's just an extension to a Pokemon Center. Which I don't think is what it you meant. (Unless it was, then good job and excuse me for being stupid. :P)
    Thanks. And yeah, it is an extension to a Pokémon Center. Thanks.

^ Pwned. It's actually a pokecenter basement, and it's awesome. By the way, Ice, can you give us more information about the new region itself?
    Haha, thanks. Hm, info on Felith? Surely.

...but not now. :D

Woah,looking good there ice..hahax,
    Can't really tell anything from the story,since it does not really says much,maybe provide more story?..lol,
    for screenshots,they look neat and nice,i like the way they are,looks nice but the trees on the pokecenter basement,like too much in my oipion maybe 4 one each side?..just my pea for your hack..HA HA..
    goood luck on this,will want to see more..
    Eh, it's just a filler map, so I wouldn't worry too much. Thanks.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Sweet work Ice, I like it. Honestly, I like the whole element of this, especially how... Vague the story is. It adds to the mystery (which I love). I am hoping to see good things from this (though, one thing. I guess this is just me, but that "desert sand" from RSE doesn't really fit too well with the FR sand at the moment. Only me really, but still, it could look so much better, but... You're choice, I'm happy either way)

Years
  • Ah, sorry Pokecenter basment is what I meant. Nicely done. :P

And, your player seems to be trying to escape Cyan and it made me lol.
    <: Thanks

Sweet work Ice, I like it. Honestly, I like the whole element of this, especially how... Vague the story is. It adds to the mystery (which I love). I am hoping to see good things from this (though, one thing. I guess this is just me, but that "desert sand" from RSE doesn't really fit too well with the FR sand at the moment. Only me really, but still, it could look so much better, but... You're choice, I'm happy either way)
    Thanks. Yeah, I actually have removed it, but I haven't changed that screenshot yet.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2013
    All i can say so far is eh. Not saying it's bad or anything, i was more excited to see some of the new pokemon but i guess i'll have to wait for those....Story seems cliche BUT it does leave room for some interesting twist that could make ur hack pretty damn amazing. Good luck bro. I'll stay tuned for updates.

Years
  • All i can say so far is eh. Not saying it's bad or anything, i was more excited to see some of the new pokemon but i guess i'll have to wait for those....Story seems cliche BUT it does leave room for some interesting twist that could make ur hack pretty damn amazing. Good luck bro. I'll stay tuned for updates.
    When they come to be available, I'll show the fakémon. For now, though, they're not being shown. The story isn't what it seems, I can assure you. I've got a lot planned out, so don't you worry. Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
    Years
  • Great Scripts Spherical Ice! I love the actions of CYAN with
    happy face when he went out of the speedboat.

Nice Tiles and palettes! I'm gonna be supporting this Hack!

What a teaser! That makes me want more! :P

Great hack Spherical Ice! Good Luck on it!

Years
  • Great Scripts Spherical Ice! I love the actions of CYAN with
    happy face when he went out of the speedboat.

Nice Tiles and palettes! I'm gonna be supporting this Hack!

What a teaser! That makes me want more! :P

Great hack Spherical Ice! Good Luck on it!
    Thanks. One thing, though - I haven't touched the palettes. At all, haha.
    Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Wow, Dark Cobalt is looking pretty good, and someone else besides me is finally using FR tiles. I love the new houses, too. Anyway, good luck!

Years
  • Wow, Dark Cobalt is looking pretty good, and someone else besides me is finally using FR tiles. I love the new houses, too. Anyway, good luck!
    Thanks for the interest.

I plan to insert some Generation IV and V Pokémon into Dark Cobalt, so look forward to seeing some inserted in the very near future.

Last edited:
    Years
  • [???="Thread design best viewed in something that isn't Internet Explorer."]Pokémon: Dark Cobalt Version[/???]
    Update!

Mothers, Monsters and Madmen!
    Big update! Three newly inserted Pokémon, the pre-national Pokédex of Felith, a script involving your mother and introducing the eccentric man, known only as JACK OF HEARTS. Enjoy!
    Danger.png
    Pokmon.png
    Choose.png

tangrowth.png
    tangrowth2-1.png

Acidirt.png
    Garghbin.png

Spoiler:

JackofHearts.png

ICE•soft

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Ooooooo :)
    Updates , Juicy Updates
    I like the Fakemon (Or are the Gen 5)
    I cant tell tehre just that good

Years
  • [???="Thread design best viewed in something that isn't Internet Explorer."]Pokémon: Dark Cobalt Version[/???]
    Update!

ANNE ANISEED and DAN DANDILION!
    12.png
    13.png
    Interviewers-1.png
    14.png
    Interviewers2-1.png
    15.png

Credits
    • colcolstyles - Informing me of the location of the Mart script. Thanks!
    ICE•soft

Last edited:
    Back