• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Dark Cobalt Version

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Both updates are great, especially the last one. That's going to be a unique hit, so awesome! I can't wait to see the fakemon you are planning to insert!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Lookin' good there icy!
    I like the look of this hack, and my I applaude you for using FRLG tiles. Your mapping is amazing, and it works perfectly with those tiles!
    But sereously, out of all Isshu Pokemon, did you have to insert the uglyest one? And yes I'm talking about Garghbin!

Years
    Both updates are great, especially the last one. That's going to be a unique hit, so awesome! I can't wait to see the fakemon you are planning to insert!
    Thanks. Yeah, I need to actually get some ideas down first.

Lookin' good there icy!
    I like the look of this hack, and my I applaude you for using FRLG tiles. Your mapping is amazing, and it works perfectly with those tiles!
    But sereously, out of all Isshu Pokemon, did you have to insert the uglyest one? And yes I'm talking about Garghbin!
    I'm flattered. Wouldn't say my mapping is good, though.

Hey, Garghbin be awesome! Haha. Not to worry, I've got quite a handful of Gen V Pokémon ready to insert.

Edit: Second page~

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I've never seen the "Fill in the blanks" thing ever used in a hack before. Very original, among hacks at least :P

I like Tangrowth. That other thing looks like a muddy Tangrowth with candy stuck all over it, ugly (Yes, I know you didn't make it, just saying). Good luck on the hack. Congrats for second page!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Updates are awesome, but when you post a video again, can you please speed up the text? If you do it more quickly, then I think that I would be less bored.

Anyways, I have a question.
    How long did it take you to make the first script?

Years
    I've never seen the "Fill in the blanks" thing ever used in a hack before. Very original, among hacks at least :P

I like Tangrowth. That other thing looks like a muddy Tangrowth with candy stuck all over it, ugly (Yes, I know you didn't make it, just saying). Good luck on the hack. Congrats for second page!
    Thanks.

Updates are awesome, but when you post a video again, can you please speed up the text? If you do it more quickly, then I think that I would be less bored.

Anyways, I have a question.
    How long did it take you to make the first script?
    Thanks. To be honest, I think the text's speed was too quick for some people. But oh well.

It took me about half an hour to get it done and inserted, and then about five fixing it up.
    nice fakemons... I like the fakemons.. :)
    What Fakémon? I've not shown any yet, unfortunately because I'm too lazy to get an idea and sprite it in paint, so I'm assuming you're referring to the Generation Five Pokémon.

Anyway, I'm working on some stuff, so expect an update relatively soon. :D

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    [???="Thread design best viewed in something that isn't Internet Explorer."]Pokémon: Dark Cobalt Version[/???]
    Update!

ANNE ANISEED and DAN DANDILION!
    Pokémon: Dark Cobalt Version

Credits
    • colcolstyles - Informing me of the location of the Mart script. Thanks!
    ICE•soft
    just about to put this in..as a surprise,guess you beat me to it huh..hahax..
    really trying to take things from different region to use on my hack..anyway,nice update,love them..
    Its cool how good your map is considering you using frlg tiles..xD

Years
    [???="Thread design best viewed in something that isn't Internet Explorer."]Pokémon: Dark Cobalt Version[/???]
    Update!

Delving deeper into FELITH!
    Here's a few pictures showing off some more of FELITH, and a small reference to a very popular hack...

ICE•soft

just about to put this in..as a surprise,guess you beat me to it huh..hahax..
    really trying to take things from different region to use on my hack..anyway,nice update,love them..
    Its cool how good your map is considering you using frlg tiles..xD
    Thanks. The interview idea was one of the first features I wanted to implement. :D

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Update!

Delving deeper into FELITH!
    Here's a few pictures showing off some more of FELITH, and a small reference to a very popular hack...

ICE•soft

I miss Zel and Pokemon Shiny Gold. :(

Anyway, your hack looks awesome! :D And the mapping is amazing, in my opinion. I also like how you inserted the interview feature from Ruby/Sapphire. Will the interview also be on TV?

Years
    I miss Zel and Pokemon Shiny Gold. :(

Anyway, your hack looks awesome! :D And the mapping is amazing, in my opinion. I also like how you inserted the interview feature from Ruby/Sapphire. Will the interview also be on TV?

Thanks, Retribution (and yeah, I do too. D: ).

Well, I would like to have the interview appear on TVs, but as of yet, I've not figured out how to do so. Still, you never know.

Also wow, lots of compliments regarding my mapping; I honestly don't find it good at all. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    Update!

A tour of the town...
    In the screenshots from the last update, we saw the second town of FELITH. Here's a video showing more of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLx2b8qSoU

Also, I am pleased to announce that almost all of the outside maps for Beta 1 have been completed!
    ICE•soft

Last edited:

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
    Years
    I've seen the video and noticed some things...

First, the text colors. I have some suggestions, you can use
    black or green color for the things or places like the word "POKeMon CENTRES"
    in the video instead of the color red which is used for the female
    texts. You can changed the color of the following texts used in the
    video: POKeMon CENTRE & Mart, Town Map, the things sold in pokemart
    ex. pokeball, etc. Pokemon gym is good since it is color green.

Second thing is the Tour music. It ended at 1:05 which is suppose to end when
    the NPC finishes his script.

I like the gym but I also saw that there is an item in the back. It's the first
    2nd time that I saw an item inside the gym. First was in the gym besides
    the Saffron gym and second this. Again a suggestion, you can just let the
    gym leader give the item after the battle. There is nothing wrong with it.
    It's just a suggestion. :P

Anyways, I like the update and I want to see more! :D

Good luck Spherical Ice!

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    Update!

A tour of the town...
    In the screenshots from the last update, we saw the second town of FELITH. Here's a video showing more of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLx2b8qSoU

Also, I am pleased to announce that almost all of the outside maps for Beta 1 have been completed!
    ICE•soft
    coolio..
    another time,just finish scripting for the touring for my hack,and you beat me to it again..hahax..
    my upload takes days not hours..lol
    anyway another nice updates..

Years
    I've seen the video and noticed some things...

First, the text colors. I have some suggestions, you can use
    black or green color for the things or places like the word "POKeMon CENTRES"
    in the video instead of the color red which is used for the female
    texts. You can changed the color of the following texts used in the
    video: POKeMon CENTRE & Mart, Town Map, the things sold in pokemart
    ex. pokeball, etc. Pokemon gym is good since it is color green.

Second thing is the Tour music. It ended at 1:05 which is suppose to end when
    the NPC finishes his script.

I like the gym but I also saw that there is an item in the back. It's the first
    2nd time that I saw an item inside the gym. First was in the gym besides
    the Saffron gym and second this. Again a suggestion, you can just let the
    gym leader give the item after the battle. There is nothing wrong with it.
    It's just a suggestion. :P

Anyways, I like the update and I want to see more! :D

Good luck Spherical Ice!
    I'd rather use red the black, and it doesn't matter because it's a male talking anyway. The music doesn't have to end with the script; I ended it with the movements. Because the music is 'Follow Me', it will only play when you are 'following him'. Also, I can't see a problem with an item in the gym. It just makes there be a greater incentive. Not everyone that wins instantly teaches their Pokémon Rock Smash, so...yeah, I'm not changing that. Thanks anyway, but it's staying as it is.

coolio..
    another time,just finish scripting for the touring for my hack,and you beat me to it again..hahax..
    my upload takes days not hours..lol
    anyway another nice updates..
    Fascinating. Because it takes me two minutes.

Years
    Hmm... Nice updates, Ice. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, but the tiles you're using for the path seem a little off to me- I thought they were mean as shaded-regular-ground tiles, as opposed to paths-on-top-of-paths. It just looks a little weird to me, as in RL logic the paths would be brighter due to being faded over time by people constantly walking on them. But then again RL logic doesn't ever have to apply to a Pokemon game, so.. Yeah.
    Anyway, I look forward to more updates on this one. It seems to have that "Using-FR-tiles-but-it's-still-better-than-most- other-hacks-out-there" feel to it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Hmm... Nice updates, Ice. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, but the tiles you're using for the path seem a little off to me- I thought they were mean as shaded-regular-ground tiles, as opposed to paths-on-top-of-paths. It just looks a little weird to me, as in RL logic the paths would be brighter due to being faded over time by people constantly walking on them. But then again RL logic doesn't ever have to apply to a Pokemon game, so.. Yeah.
    Anyway, I look forward to more updates on this one. It seems to have that "Using-FR-tiles-but-it's-still-better-than-most- other-hacks-out-there" feel to it. :D

Well, I suppose you're right, but for now it's staying as it is because it's the default tiles for that tileset atm. I may make some new roads if I ever feel compelled to or something, but it's not so much of an Isshu in my opinion. Thanks for the compliment. <:

Last edited:
    Years
    Update!

The Update Update
    I feel kind of guilty, as I've got all of Beta 1 mapped, but only enough scripting for an alpha, so can't really show anything... So, here's a few screenshots of some of the towns...

Ivory Town

Lilac City

Lake Zaffre

Onyx Heights

Onyx Town

Onyx Pass (I've noticed the tile error)
    ICE•soft

Nice gym tiles
    From R/S/E i believe

They are infact from both Ruby and FireRed. Brawly (walls), Roxanne (rocky structure thing, recoloured) and the Dojo's tiles (floor, with some recolours). Thanks. Anywho...

Last edited:
    Back