Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Questions & Feedback

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Questions & Feedback This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 14th, 2011 (04:34 AM).
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Soul Saint
I just joined the PC yesterday, and have been interested more and more in rom hacks over the past week or so. Before posting anywhere else, wanted to ask this: Where could I post a story/plot for any team to see? I've got no skills when it comes to hacking a mod(Plus my laptop can't handle it without a new fan) and wouldn't mind giving out what I've got in mind.

I'd be posting an intro and some features to it that I've thought of - Not the entire thing. There a thread for un-claimed stories/plots for teams to use? If not, could I or a mod make one for writers such as myself...? It could be a nice way to work on putting together teams for making hacks.(If it's not around already, that is)
Old November 14th, 2011 (07:26 AM).
Alley Cat
Advanced Trainer

It seems what you are looking for is he [Help workshop] Quick storyline idea thread. Here is where you can post your story line ideas and get the opinion of the other hackers. Although, it is best to have some sort of hacking skill, as you will have a tough time finding people to do YOUR hack for you. Good luck w
Old November 14th, 2011 (08:10 AM).
Soul Saint
Ghost~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Soul Saint
I know I'd have a hard time finding people to do that. Which is why I'd like to just put it out there for another group to just take - Using me as a consultant.(If anything at all)

That thread isn't entirely what I had in mind, as it appears to be just there to help get an idea going. Hence why I asked if there was a spot here first. I'll post there anyway - Thank you for responding, I do appreciate the help either way.
Old November 20th, 2011 (01:05 PM).
Adder_Panda
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
I hope its okay to post in here, but I'm having trouble finding a place where i can ask this question:
Everytime I try and go into the chat, it shows the Java symbol, and a blue thing circling it, then threre's a load bar under it, but no matter how long I wait, it never fills up, its just blank....do i need to upgrade Java or something? I really wanna see what the chat room is all about D:

Sky's team:
Zoro the Zorua Lvl.10 moves: Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Dark pulse
Harmony the Audino Lvl.8 moves: Pound, Growl, Helping Hand, Refresh.
Pokemon Egg Lvl.none EggWatch: Doesn’t seem like its going to hatch anytime soon.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Legend and Song

Zoro The Zorua Age: 16 Lvl: 15 moves: Scratch, Fury Swipes, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse.

(In any pokemon type of RP i join, I will most likely have a off colored Zorua as a pokemon, picture is shown below)
Old November 20th, 2011 (01:12 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Adder_Panda:
I hope its okay to post in here, but I'm having trouble finding a place where i can ask this question:
Everytime I try and go into the chat, it shows the Java symbol, and a blue thing circling it, then threre's a load bar under it, but no matter how long I wait, it never fills up, its just blank....do i need to upgrade Java or something? I really wanna see what the chat room is all about D:
It is possible that you need to upgrade java, but if I were you I would just go to Mibbit instead. Use these instructions to get there!

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 20th, 2011 (01:47 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

It's also possible that you clicked the wrong answer on one of the two popups that comes up when you use the JavaChat. The first one asks you for permission to run the app, and the second one asks you if you want to block the Java required for the chatroom to run.
Old November 23rd, 2011 (07:57 AM).
ShadowGrey
Graphix Master

This might seem like an incredibly simple thing to ask, but what would i do to make a signature? is there a thread? like from start to finish, it must be so simple, everyone has them! except me... haha!
Old November 23rd, 2011 (08:02 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by ShadowGrey:
This might seem like an incredibly simple thing to ask, but what would i do to make a signature? is there a thread? like from start to finish, it must be so simple, everyone has them! except me... haha!
If you click the "User CP" button, there's an option in the drop-down called "Edit Signature". There you can add text, bbcode, images, links, and whatever you'd like as long as it's withing the signature rules. If you're looking for how to use CSS to make a more complex signature such as donavannj's or my own, check out the thread explaining CSS. :)

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 23rd, 2011 (11:17 AM).
ShadowGrey
Graphix Master

Quote originally posted by Toujours:

If you click the "User CP" button, there's an option in the drop-down called "Edit Signature". There you can add text, bbcode, images, links, and whatever you'd like as long as it's withing the signature rules. If you're looking for how to use CSS to make a more complex signature such as donavannj's or my own, check out the thread explaining CSS.
Thank you very much, now finished my signature. However it doesn't seem to be appearing on my posts, is this because I need to set it up to? or just post it as a picture every time? Sorry if this is bothersome but I really appreciate it!
Old November 23rd, 2011 (11:27 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Did you click "Save Signature"?
Old November 23rd, 2011 (11:38 AM). Edited November 23rd, 2011 by ShadowGrey.
ShadowGrey
Graphix Master

Quote originally posted by donavannj:
Did you click "Save Signature"?
Haha, yeh I did, my signature is saved, and is there if I click the edit signature tab, doesn't seem to want to appear though. Is it supposed to just work straight away?

I've just noticed the insert signature link, clicked it and it inserted something into the box you would normally type your signature into, not sure if it's made a difference though.
Old November 23rd, 2011 (11:58 AM).
cbd98
A bouquet of oopsie dasies

I'm not totally sure, but I think it will only show the signature on new posts, because in all your old posts there wasn't a check in the "Show your signature" box. But I could be wrong.

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
Old November 23rd, 2011 (12:04 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Your sig won't show up in old posts, yeah. It defaults to adding your signature automatically to future posts though, and there's a checkbox on each post that says "Show your signature" that should be checked by default.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 23rd, 2011 (12:12 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2011 by ShadowGrey.
ShadowGrey
Graphix Master

Quote originally posted by cbd98:
I'm not totally sure, but I think it will only show the signature on new posts, because in all your old posts there wasn't a check in the "Show your signature" box. But I could be wrong.
You have a good point there, and I haven't made any new posts, just revised old ones, I guess it's time I found out then.

-Bingo!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267674
Old November 26th, 2011 (10:27 AM).
cbd98
A bouquet of oopsie dasies

I kind of want to start a discussion about that random huge yellow guy sprite on the Ruby ROMs, but where in the Emulation section would I put that?

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
Old November 27th, 2011 (11:02 AM).
pinkpanther8u
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
is there any way that i can delete all of the threads and posts that i've made?
and then how can i delete my account?
i don't really want this website showing up when people google my name...
Old November 27th, 2011 (11:16 AM).
Holidaze
Celestial Daze's Holiday Alt.

Quote originally posted by cbd98:
I kind of want to start a discussion about that random huge yellow guy sprite on the Ruby ROMs, but where in the Emulation section would I put that?
Look,my best guess would be the Advanced Section on Pokemon gaming General as it's a discussion of an official game ...

BTW, is there a CSS tutorial here on PC?
Old November 27th, 2011 (11:28 AM).
Sora
The Idealist Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Holidaze:

Look,my best guess would be the Advanced Section on Pokemon gaming General as it's a discussion of an official game ...

BTW, is there a CSS tutorial here on PC?
You would have to confirm that with Sydian. If this is a hacked Ruby ROM that he's talking about, it might go more in Emulation. In general, I'm not sure if there is a place for such a discussion, to be honest.

But to answer your question, here's a thread to guide you through some CSS needs. You may also ask questions about CSS there as well. :)

your emotion will always be
my companion
Old November 27th, 2011 (11:56 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote originally posted by pinkpanther8u:
is there any way that i can delete all of the threads and posts that i've made?
and then how can i delete my account?
i don't really want this website showing up when people google my name...:P
As a rule we don't delete accounts. If you really wanted to, you could go through and delete every one of your posts that isn't a thread.
Old December 10th, 2011 (11:23 AM).
sherreamethyst
Dragonite's Momma

Nature: Modest
Not sure if this is right, but I figured my question might go here under simple questions. I was just curious how some of you have signatures where you put text links on the actual picture. How did you put the links on the picture, and not just below your signature? Maybe it's not a simple question??
Old December 10th, 2011 (01:07 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote originally posted by sherreamethyst:
Not sure if this is right, but I figured my question might go here under simple questions. I was just curious how some of you have signatures where you put text links on the actual picture. How did you put the links on the picture, and not just below your signature? Maybe it's not a simple question??

That's using BBCode CSS. There's a sticky in the Webmaster's Discussion subforum under the Computers & Technology section that should help you a lot.
Old December 10th, 2011 (01:28 PM).
AustinWolff
has left

Nature: Brave
anyone know how to expand the world map? the video is in my signature
Old December 10th, 2011 (06:16 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by AustinWolff:
anyone know how to expand the world map? the video is in my signature
This doesn't really belong here, this thread is more for questions like "Where do I post this?" "What's the rules here?" etc. Your question would belong in Rom Hacking's Simple Questions, however, I think if you PM to ask colcolstyles (the video creator) directly, you'll get a much better response since he did film it after all.
Old December 17th, 2011 (02:17 PM).
P0kemon Trainer Red
Dragon Type User

I have read on pokecommunity before, but just joined. I want to know where I would go in the forum to discuss or read about ROM hacks/hacking.

Hacks I support:

Old December 17th, 2011 (02:22 PM).
Harley Quinn
Community Supporter

Here, if I'm not mistaken?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links