• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Frost [Beta 1 Released]

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    [alink id="intro"]Introduction[/alink id] | [alink id="specs"]Game Specs.[/alink id] | [alink id="story"]Story[/alink id] | [alink id="features"]Features[/alink id] | [alink id="screens"]Screens[/alink id] | [alink id="progress"]Current Progress[/alink id] | [alink id="downloads"]Downloads[/alink id]​

Pokémon Frost Version[a id]mytop[/a id]

Introduction[a id]intro[/a id]
    So, I'm sure at least one person read the miserable failure of a hack that I made a few months ago, right? [/cricket] Well, I've decided to resurrect an old hack that I had posted elsewhere! (my first public hack) So, here's Pokémon Frost!​

Game Specs.[a id]specs[/a id]
    Base: Firered [BPRE]
    Name: Pokémon Frost
    Creator: :3
    Project Started: 2010, Restart Mar. 2011​

Story[a id]story[/a id]​
    Well, since I'm generally a terrible story-liner, here goes...
    You have lived in a warm region, the Shayt (pronounced "Sheet" lol) Region, in a small little town on the edge of a large ocean. Then one day, you decide to go on an adventure. So, the first step is to get your first Pokémon from Prof. Maple's, followed by a PokéDex. Once you've gathered up your newly acquired gear, it's time to head out and see the world. But, not all is right in the mild weathered region, for Team Rocket is back, and they want to dominate the world with the help of the legendary Pokémon, Articuno. So, will you just stand by and watch as Team Rocket destroys your home, or will you fight back?
    [/awful story]

Features[a id]features[/a id]
    Let's see what's cool about this game...
    Code:
    D/N
    An awesome titlescreen (Will not be in first beta, due to a bug).
    A "micro" region - with only 4 gyms!
    Hopefully good scripts and mapping.
    Random starter choice!
    Tournament Style Pokémon League.
    More stuff after the "main game" is beaten.
    Special visits from different people - to be revealed.
    A re-ordered, unique Pokédex.

Screens
    [a id]screens[/a id]​

Spoiler:

Credit
    Code:
    Alistair & PHO (Tileset)

Tools

Code:
    Advance Map 1.95 & 1.92
    DNS
    XSE
    unLZ-GBA
    APE
    Advanced Trainer
    GoldFinger
    Item Manager
    Misc. Editor

Progress To Beta 1
    [a id]progress[/a id]
    |||||||||| - 100%
    Mapping - 100%
    Scripting - 100%
    Graphics - 100%
    Completed Maps View
    Seashore Town
    Route 1
    Rainfall City
    Route 2
    Thunder Jungle
    Treetop Town
    Route 3
    Mt. Outlook
    Outlook City
    End Beta 1

Tasks to complete - Beta 1 (2nd Gym)
    Mapping
    Scripting
    Title Screen & Boot Screen
    Misc

Tasks to Complete - Beta 2 (4th Gym + Pokemon League)
    Mapping
    Scripting
    Jungle Side Quest
    Misc

Tasks to Complete - Final Release
    Extra Mapping & Scripting
    Tiling
    Misc

Downloads[a id]downloads[/a id]
    Beta 1!
    APS - Here
    IPS - Here

~:3

[alink id="mytop"]Top[/alink id]​

Last edited:

kervin9999

"Froslass and Froslad"
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 16, 2016
    Will you still change the tiles? Because it still looks like the original fire red tiles... And what do you mean by "random pokemon starters"? And can you upload the screenshot of the titlescreen? Good luck on this hack!

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    i like the story line, since its just a normal hack like the nintendo games (you get your first poke, beat bad guys while collecting 8 badges, and become league champion).

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Will you still change the tiles? Because it still looks like the original fire red tiles... And what do you mean by "random pokemon starters"? And can you upload the screenshot of the titlescreen? Good luck on this hack!
    What I mean by random starter is that I generate a random number, and based on that number, you will have that choice for a starter.
    Also, I haven't finished that TS yet, but it will be posted soon! :)
    EDIT: Also, I will be changing the tiles for the final release, since I don't wanna do all the tiling up front.
    i like the story line, since its just a normal hack like the nintendo games (you get your first poke, beat bad guys while collecting 8 badges, and become league champion).
    Well thanks, I don't consider myself a good story writer, so this means a lot.

Last edited:

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
    Years
  • Game Specs.
    Base: Ruby
    Creator: DreadWaffle
    Project Started: 2009, Restart Jan. 2010
    Stopped Caring: April 2010

another one of my own attempts of being original that has gone down the crapper, but you have progress so i concede the name to you (and my bro went through to clear up a bunch of memory space so its gone)

~trolling is fun
    ~~have fun, but not trolling cuz that is just terrible

EDIT: constructive criticism: try to get a very good development of your storyline. If the game is mediocre at best (im not saying it will be) it helps to keep a player hooked on the game, in my opinion it is one of the most powerful tools at your arsenal and should not be overlooked. You have a fine base for the thread, but the game itself will need its own separate set of twists and turns as well as shock and awe. Just something to think about

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
    Years
  • i think even if it's not with different tiles , it can be a great hack:)
    i like it though but some storyline changing would be maybe good but as you said that you're not good at story creating with some good sidequest and such even this stroy can be epic:D
    good luck in this....and show us the titlescreen coz you made me curious really!!:D

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Game Specs.
    Base: Ruby
    Creator: DreadWaffle
    Project Started: 2009, Restart Jan. 2010
    Stopped Caring: April 2010

another one of my own attempts of being original that has gone down the crapper, but you have progress so i concede the name to you (and my bro went through to clear up a bunch of memory space so its gone)

~trolling is fun
    ~~have fun, but not trolling cuz that is just terrible

EDIT: constructive criticism: try to get a very good development of your storyline. If the game is mediocre at best (im not saying it will be) it helps to keep a player hooked on the game, in my opinion it is one of the most powerful tools at your arsenal and should not be overlooked. You have a fine base for the thread, but the game itself will need its own separate set of twists and turns as well as shock and awe. Just something to think about
    Well uh thanks!

i think even if it's not with different tiles , it can be a great hack:)
    i like it though but some storyline changing would be maybe good but as you said that you're not good at story creating with some good sidequest and such even this stroy can be epic:D
    good luck in this....and show us the titlescreen coz you made me curious really!!:D

Thanks, I'm working on the titlescreen, so I should have it up soon.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    so you can start with any pokemon? or just randomly one of the STARTER pokemon?

you can start with rattata for example?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    so you can start with any pokemon? or just randomly one of the STARTER pokemon?

you can start with rattata for example?

No, you cannot start with rattata, nor will you ever be able to catch one. You will start with one of the three Kanto Starters.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I think you're hack is COOL. Get it? Cuz its name is frost and I said cool.... nevermind.

But I'd like to see the ts. It'd better be super epic according to what you said.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • didn't know you started a hack last year, anyways, this seems AWESOME !!!!! i like the mini region idea !!!

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • This hack looks very good agentgeo, I like the idea of the micro regions but it'd be good if one was tropical or split up into different weather areas e.g. Snow, Heat, Marsh

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Really amazing story, I love It!!! I support yoour game, (ther's no banner!!)
    and I jope to obtain all the 3 starters+ an pokemon like starter!!!`plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Thank you I love your ideas!!!!!!!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I think you're hack is COOL. Get it? Cuz its name is frost and I said cool.... nevermind.

But I'd like to see the ts. It'd better be super epic according to what you said.
    :D That's really funny, and thanks.

didn't know you started a hack last year, anyways, this seems AWESOME !!!!! i like the mini region idea !!!
    Well, thanks! :)

This hack looks very good agentgeo, I like the idea of the micro regions but it'd be good if one was tropical or split up into different weather areas e.g. Snow, Heat, Marsh
    That's what I plan on doing. The second region will be more tropical.

This hack has a nice feel to it. I'll be watching this hack for more updates. Good luck!
    Thanks! :)

Really amazing story, I love It!!! I support yoour game, (ther's no banner!!)
    and I jope to obtain all the 3 starters+ an pokemon like starter!!!`plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Thank you I love your ideas!!!!!!!
    Well, it's great you like it! :)

Challenge Time
    Allright, since I'm no good at making support bars, and since I feel I need one, I'll be having a little competition. From now until the beta, people will be able to PM me different support bars, from which I will choose one or two, and the winner(s) will be added somewhere into the hack! Remeber, if you wish to enter, PM me your entry.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Challenge Time
    Allright, since I'm no good at making support bars, and since I feel I need one, I'll be having a little competition. From now until the beta, people will be able to PM me different support bars, from which I will choose one or two, and the winner(s) will be added somewhere into the hack! Remeber, if you wish to enter, PM me your entry.
    Don't forget this! I would really like a support bar. :)

Update
    Well, I'd say that this is a little overdue...

Slideshow Here

screen7s.png
    screen8z.png

screen9r.png
    screen10o.png

screen11z.png
    screen12w.png

screen13.png

Beta will be coming before next month!

Last edited:
    Back