• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Frost [Beta 1 Released]

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    I quite liked Pokemon Earth, but this looks good!
    By 'Never catch one' do you mean that rattata isn't available, or will you use only your starter the whole game?
    Anyway, good luck!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I quite liked Pokemon Earth, but this looks good!
    By 'Never catch one' do you mean that rattata isn't available, or will you use only your starter the whole game?
    Anyway, good luck!

Haha, I mean rattata is unavailable in this game. I hate that Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Update!

I'm finishing up the scripting, so I plan on releasing the first beta sometime soon! :)

Also, I plan on having sidequests and stuff, but I'm exhausted on ideas. So, I'd greatly appreciate some! :)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    oh awesome beta sometime soon!
    and for a sidequest why not make it so you can get a Johto or Hoenn starter? like after doing a sidequest like maybe well uhm i really cant think of anything you could just brainstorm from that though :D

EDIT: or maybe an ice type pokemon! since this is pokemon frost

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    oh awesome beta sometime soon!
    and for a sidequest why not make it so you can get a Johto or Hoenn starter? like after doing a sidequest like maybe well uhm i really cant think of anything you could just brainstorm from that though :D

EDIT: or maybe an ice type pokemon! since this is pokemon frost

Well, thanks!

Junior Update!

Here's a little rival battle that happens on Mt. Outlook!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Shouldn't you decapitalize PKMN names, Town names and Trainer names and classes?
    It feels really uncomfortable to read all those capital letters.

But apart from that, the Hack is fine.
    (Awesome mapping and scripting)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Shouldn't you decapitalize PKMN names, Town names and Trainer names and classes?
    It feels really uncomfortable to read all those capital letters.

But apart from that, the Hack is fine.
    (Awesome mapping and scripting)

Maybe, but what's wrong with the original Pokemon 3rd Gen style? But, I have considered it.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Maybe, but what's wrong with the original Pokemon 3rd Gen style? But, I have considered it.

Yes, there is. First of all, capitalizing all of the cities, trainers
    makes your typing really slow.
    Secondly, it's really uncomfortable to read capitalized letters all of the time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yes, there is. First of all, capitalizing all of the cities, trainers
    is makes your typing really slow.
    Secondly, it's really uncomfortable to read capitalized letters all of the time.

Alright, I've decided to go with your suggestion and de-capitalize the the text. But, this will be a long process, so the Beta will be longer to come out.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Update!

Just wanna show a little, but also want to let everyone know that the hack is growing nearer to it's beta!

Check the attachments for the screens.

Last edited:

ChillinInYoCloset

PacmanAteMe
    Years
    I like the micro region idea. The random starter choice will throw me off because I always pick the fire type :D. The tournament like Elite 4 is genius. All in all, I can't wait for the Beta, and good luck on the rest of the hack.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I like the micro region idea. The random starter choice will throw me off because I always pick the fire type :D. The tournament like Elite 4 is genius. All in all, I can't wait for the Beta, and good luck on the rest of the hack.

I appreciate the compliments. :) Plus, you aren't stuck with the starter, you can always reject the starter you see and try your luck for another one.

ChillinInYoCloset

PacmanAteMe
    Years

I appreciate the compliments. :) Plus, you aren't stuck with the starter, you can always reject the starter you see and try your luck for another one.

Oh....Will it be like Mystery Dungeon where you answer questions or will you walk into the lab and the Professor will be like "YOU, TAKE POKEMON NAO!"?

Years
    i don't know if anyone has said this but, i really like how you used the ledges and the mountain tiles together so it looks like the mountain split in 2, i would have never thought of that :D. this seems like a great hack, although you should change the tiles to keep the game more original, and if you need help with inserting tiles, i can help out :)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Oh....Will it be like Mystery Dungeon where you answer questions or will you walk into the lab and the Professor will be like "YOU, TAKE POKEMON NAO!"?

Uh... No.

i don't know if anyone has said this but, i really like how you used the ledges and the mountain tiles together so it looks like the mountain split in 2, i would have never thought of that :D. this seems like a great hack, although you should change the tiles to keep the game more original, and if you need help with inserting tiles, i can help out :)

Thanks. :) Also, I have no need for help when it comes to tile insertion.

MellowasJellow

The Team Rocket Advocate
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    hey

I dony mean to be rude but there's another pokemon hack with the same name. It also has some adult themes to it. I'm not to sure if it matters but sí

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I dony mean to be rude but there's another pokemon hack with the same name. It also has some adult themes to it. I'm not to sure if it matters but sí

Are you sure?
    I haven't seen one ... if so it must be incredibly outdated. Did you check the date of it?

Anyway This hack is quite good :3 Story is good and all the screens.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Are you sure?
    I haven't seen one ... if so it must be incredibly outdated. Did you check the date of it?

Anyway This hack is quite good :3 Story is good and all the screens.

Thanks! But, he is right that there was another frost, but I was made aware by the owner, and the hack was cancelled some time back. So yeah. :)

Back