The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old August 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
GrassSquid
Beginning Trainer

I love reuniclus as well, I gave mine Acid Armor and Calm Mind;, although it gets walled by dark types since I gave it Recover over Focus Blast, team preview makes it a massive threat. At one point he even stopped a +4 Gliscor sweep (lol) by surviving an earthquake, acid armoring with the sitrus berry, and then walling it.
Scolipede's speed helps it revenge kill stuff like the Lati twins. Although scolipede isn't that great, I still love using him on my teams.
I sashed mine so, on the off chance that rocks aren't up, it can even check stuff like Volcarona with Rock Slide.
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:58 AM
phinamthi
Steel Type Trainer

Nature: Modest
Aggron and Metagross. They can pwn the elite four by themselves.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:09 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day

Nature: Jolly
For me it's Life Orb TRUTH

If you don't know who TRUTH is CMT
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Shirutenko
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
My armaldo by far with my gardevoir with trick room supporting him
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Water Pokemon Master
Water Pokemon Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Water Pokemon Master Send a message via Yahoo to Water Pokemon Master
All fails against the wonders of my almighty Miss. Jumpluff.
Toxic Bounce Leech Seed and Attract.
Not very effective competitively, I'm sure -
But when I went to the Elite Four in HG and my team was up against them dragons and they were so bulky that none of my pokemon stood a chance and they all died -
Super speed Jumpluff comes to the rescue!

Toxic and Leech Seed go for the gusto after an Attract- then Bounce as a "protect+attack" attack to boost toxic and continue the sapping. Poison or steel? Naddaproblem just bounce 'em and you get the paralysis boost anyway.

This is a very nostalgic moveset for me, though now i'm sort of considering tinker-toying with it so I can perfect my favorite grass pokemon for the Wifi.

However, when I was 8 years old I had pokemon yellow. All I know is that I had the mightiest Starmie that ever existed. It took down everything in the elite four without fail and was the strongest pokemon of all time. Then one day I went home after leaving my gameboy next to the window to find that the internal battery melted and that Starmie was dead. Forever. So I cried. A lot. RIP Starmie.

Ludiculo, Slowking, Jellicent, Lanturn, Feraligatr, and Empoleon.
Old August 21st, 2011, 05:15 AM
Snorelacks

SubPunchLoom for sure. No contest.

Except maybe Bulky Technician Scizor...
Old August 24th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Mastamune

Easy.

Gungnir, My SL Cloyster. He has crushed so many Cookie Cutter Pokemon its not even funny anymore....ok, thats a Lie, its still fun. His K/D ratio is the highest in my battle boxes.
Old August 24th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Ramos123
Beginning Trainer

My shiny excadrill is an animal. I personally can't believe I'm the first to mention the beast lmao. One swords dance coming off a sand rush speed boost courtesy of tyranitar annihilates just about anything in its way, plus the air balloon protects him from EQ.

What more could you want? Hahaha
Old August 24th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Fairy
believe in magic

I've been relying pretty heavily on my Dragonite recently. And with Multiscale, it can actually take it. Over time, DNite has become one of my most valuable Pokemon on my team.

Old August 25th, 2011, 09:07 AM
qweio
Beginning Trainer

Slowking (period)
water covers ice,
ice covers water,
same with psychic
and dark
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:38 AM
psychomew2
Rank 1: Otsdarva

Nature: Rash
I would have to say my porygon z. Even if it isnt the greatest competitively speaking, its still quite a beast when download boosts its special attack and with a choice scarf boosting its speed. It was probably my favorite sweeper in gen 4.

On the matter of my argument with Idankingo I admit to being too fast to anger and assuming the worst too quickly, and apologize for any unpleasentness caused because of it.
Old August 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Ingo
Fire Breather Dick

Nature: Lax
I hate all people who use legendaries online or in a team. Its cheap, and basically cheating, since beat up terrakion is the cheapest one out there, and its hard to take them out without legendary stats. Also anyone who uses drizzle politoed, I don't hate them as much, but still. Along with people who us every single pseudo legendaries on their team, its cheap and not fighting fair. And then those who do that and rage quit after, through all odds, I win. That's just stupid.
That out of the way, my MVP would have to be Porygon2. Not good attacking stats, but its defenses are great, combined with eviolite and recover, and you have something that won't die anything short of a high powered super power/close combat.
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
I hate all people who use legendaries online or in a team. Its cheap, and basically cheating, since beat up terrakion is the cheapest one out there, and its hard to take them out without legendary stats. Also anyone who uses drizzle politoed, I don't hate them as much, but still. Along with people who us every single pseudo legendaries on their team, its cheap and not fighting fair. And then those who do that and rage quit after, through all odds, I win. That's just stupid.
That out of the way, my MVP would have to be Porygon2. Not good attacking stats, but its defenses are great, combined with eviolite and recover, and you have something that won't die anything short of a high powered super power/close combat.
How are legendaries cheap ? Elaborate. Most of them are weaker than standard OU Pokemon. For example, Terrakion is the definition of "priority weak" (sup Conkeldurr, Scizor, Lucario, Azumarril etc). Its also pooped upon by bulky psychics like Slowbro, Mew etc and struggles with things like Gliscor.

Since the beginning of time, man has sought to know the unimaginable. To shake hands with the intangible. To measure the abstract with concrete gauges, to fit the mind of the infinite within the imagination of the finite. Nevermore.
Pair x Poki. Aka Miss Botifgt. <3
[00:22] @Sanguine: [00:21] Dark Azelf+: nah my ass is tight
[00:22] @Sanguine: :3
@Sanguine: you've acquired sxcness I see
[15:59] +Alice Cooper: a hot chocolate enema would be nice, no?
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Drought Ninetales, sets up all my Pokemon, except the ones that counter weather.
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:19 PM
SeekerOfDarkness
Finch, sir.

Nature: Quiet
My team changes around a lot, since I don't use the Lv. 100 pokemon in my signature. Right now, my Jolteon kicks major butt. There really isnt anything special about him except his speed and his killer accuracy. He almost never misses with thunder.
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Shadow-L
Lonesome Road

Nature: Relaxed
Dragonite has saved my a** so many times, it's not even funny. The multicale saves him from multiple KO's, and a DD or Choice Band set can do some real damage with outrage, even to those who resist it. A great choice so far.

YouTube // Fragging Rights // Go Beyond.
WHOA I'M BACK
Old August 25th, 2011, 07:16 PM
sherreamethyst
Dragonite's Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonz361 View Post
Dragonite. None can stand against it's overwhelming attack.

100% agree, no doubt about it being the best pokemon in the world, if yu train it right! I even beat my friends Arceus, Giratina, AND Suicune without even switching out. HECK YEAH.
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:31 AM
heLLkitsune
There's nothing for me here...

I haven't been much into competitive battling for a few months, but I do recall that my Rain Dance Kingdra would wreck havoc upon my opponent's pokemon, one turn to set up and it is such a force. Even in 3rd gen it can be a "bit" of a threat .
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Champion Lunis
Ogre of the gourd

Nature: Impish
I would have to go with my sl cloyster or guts conkeldurr. Both have been on my team since i started competitive battling. I can think of many battles with either of them as my leads and never having to switch out.Dragonite was my main beast for a long time but recently i switched for the massive Haxorus. 147 base attack is phenominal.
ultimate shiny collection: completed!
Trade review= tyrunt, Trade shop= phantump. Click 'em.

pairs: Azire, Jak(Everlark)
Old August 28th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Machu Pichu
oddsoul.

Nature: Naughty
*grabs umbrella and prepares for incoming rage*

Even though my Def Dragonite, with it's amazing Multiscale, Roost, and DD combo, is usually the main dominatior of my team, I'd still have to say that my Hax Togekiss is the most valuable. Maxed out on defenses, with Heal Bell, Roost, Thunder Wave, and Air Slash, this thing will stop mostly anything in their tracks that isn't ground. Since I play Dual Screens, there isn't much that can take it down easily, that is, if they can even get an attack in. Most people think, BUT JIRACHI IS BETTER BECAUSE IT HAS BETTER TYPING AND BETTER STATS AND RESISTANCE TO STEALTH ROCK. Well, Jirachi, why don't you say hello to my Mamoswine's EQ? (then again, Mamo would destroy my Togekiss as well with Icicle Crash, but WHATEVER, cuz Mamo rapes everything anyway).
Old August 28th, 2011, 07:28 AM
phinamthi
Steel Type Trainer

So far, Heracross has been a ****ing ***hole to everybody. Unless theres a fire or flying type in the way, little Hera can whack and stab everyone out of the game with just one move

Megahorn.

Max Speed and Attack often outspeeds the majority of the opponent's whole team, and with a Choice Band, you're almost guaranteed that this thing will OHKO.

Old August 28th, 2011, 07:38 AM
RetroRoller
When one door opens...

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinamthi View Post
So far, Heracross has been a ****ing ***hole to everybody. Unless theres a fire or flying type in the way, little Hera can whack and stab everyone out of the game with just one move

Megahorn.

Max Speed and Attack often outspeeds the majority of the opponent's whole team, and with a Choice Band, you're almost guaranteed that this thing will OHKO.
Sorry for getting off-topic, but that move can also be lethal when combined with a Samurott and Swords Dance.

Like mine!

I map for Half-Life 2 as well!
My first Pokémon "hack"!
I've written some Creepypasta, too.
Old August 28th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Forever

it was speed boost blaziken until I decided to battle ~correctly~ aka now it's magic guard lo alakazam, tends to work for me at least lol.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:26 AM
pinkcat333
Furry

Nature: Hardy
My meganium Mimi is my most valued
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Folly~
Beginning Trainer

All hands down to my old Scope Lens Ambipom, Nancy. She was caught in-game, and trained as such, but still always managed to win for me on PBR's random wifi. (Even with all of those legendary noobs running around)

As for right now, the MVP is my Toxicroak when paired with my DrizzleToed.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links