• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Valued Pokemon?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Moderators: I assume that we can post other competitive battling topics here, and not just RMT's, but if not feel free to close this. (I'm just trying to help the CBC get some more activity other than RMT's)

Since all of us here have teams built for competitive battling, I assume that most players will have a Pokemon that seems to shine above the rest of their team. For you, what is the MVP of your current team? If your team is constantly changing, or you have different teams for different tiers, which Pokemon have you used on any of your teams that you think is the MVP?

For me, it is probably my TR sweeper, Reuniclus.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • TR Reuniclus was MVP on my team, when it was on. However I wanted my team to be heavily offensive, so I replaced it. Anyhow I think that the MVP on my offensive team is SubPunch Breloom, he's such an annoying .... y'know. Spore hits 100% of the time, (in most circumstances) I then sub then leech seed, then proceed to destroy them with Focus Punch. Ghosts just go "lol" at this set though ):

Years
  • Honestly, I construct my teams so that each Pokemon has an equal and significant role to my team's success, if a Pokemon is lacking, then it's removed. Although, I'll be honest, I had to rely on Terrakion to net me a ton of kills, so I guess I could say it was the MVP of my old team, and while I'm hoping it doesn't get banned, I wouldn't consider it to be an unfair ban, as it certainly wreaks a copious amount of havoc. I really hate to rely on broken Pokemon like Reuniclus and Latios, the former being the more dangerous of the two, to win a match, I like seeing everything all come together, instead of just letting one mon beat everything.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I gotta say, I really favor my Heatran.

Heatran's been a great asset to my team, especially when he can pull of Stealth Rock. Also, HP Ice has been invaluable, plus he can take hits like a champ. Personally, one of the best Leads I've used yet.

But I might have to agree with Dragonomega. Loom's been great to me too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Haunter and Hitmonlee! I've never played competitively but I've beaten the entire Elite four with just those two.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Errrgh every Pokemon on my team is an MVP. In order of usefulness,

Regenerator Slowbro
    Impostor Ditto

^ those two are my favorite Pokemon, so I just have to have them on all my teams :(

Zoroark lead, dressed up as Ferrothorn. Everyone and their mother runs something weak to Rock or Fire as their lead, and Zoroark does nicely to get rid of them. Plus, he eats Magnezone that tries to switch in on me...

Aaaand Perish-trapper Murkrow.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • Emerald: Blaziken, even when he was 20 levels under a Pokemon with high stats, he'd still kick their arses!

Fire Red: Pidgeot or Charizard. Both were insanely helpful.

Silver: Typhlosion for sure.

Crystal: Either Feraligatr or Suicune

Soul Silver: In this game, I made it more "Everyone's equal", so I don't exactly have one. Also, I transferred a ton of Pokes from Emerald and Fire Red that were like almost double the levels of all my Pokemon so they are wayyy stronger.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Mamoswine is absolutely amazing and I don't think anyone can deny that. :)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    CB Tar. I never thought it would be the MVP on my team, but after a TR from Reuniclus it just nabs so many kills. Might even end up as a sweep.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The MVP for my current team is Choice Scarf Hydreigon because it usually gets a kill in before switching out. An honorable mention goes to Ferrothorn for taking hits like a champ.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i definitely have to go with my LO scizor, but specs rotom - w has proved to be very useful as well.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • Lugia. Has not only been my fav pokemon since the fated watch of pokemon the movie 2000, the power of one, but is also my strongest pokemon in SS, coming lvl 100.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
    Years
  • My Volcarona must be the star on my team.
    He's strong and fast, and after a Quiver Dance, he can sweep a lot of pokés, if they don't resist his STABs.

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    In more recent teams I've used, it would be MixTar. I used to not use Tyranitar very much, and when I did, it would only be for setting up Sandstorm/SR, but I can't see why I used to do that, now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    uumm i think heatran was/is pretty awesome if you run the torment set anyway

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2011
    I've always been the type to only like the 1st Generation, but I'm in love with Scrafty...

He's so cute, and if you get one dragon dance up, you can destroy a whole team. <3

Back