The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:28 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
so I give them money! c:

How charitable are you?

Old April 5th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Oh god if I had money, I'd be a sucker for charities and hobos ect.. I'm not stingy when it comes to that.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Kouzan
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
I don't donate to charities as much as I should, but only because I never have the money to do it. If I had money to spare to give I would in a heartbeat though. Every Christmas I try to give some change to The Salvation Army in the those tin cans they put in front of store, cause as they say, every penny counts. Even if I only have a few pennies, I put some in them. For bigger charities though, I feel the need to donated more than a dollar and I never have a lot of money on me.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
These days I can't be because I'm mostly broke. But I've never gone out of my way to donate to charity. Sometimes if the opportunity is already there I might give like a few dollars, but that's it. :(
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Well I would if I had money, but right now I have none.
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:58 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I don't trust a lot of charities, tbh, which deters me from donating money.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I donate to charities a lot more than individual people because I've had some homeless people rip me off before. That being said, I donate a bit. Not A BIT, but a little amount. I actually once had somebody get mad at me for donating to a drug rehab center for men because it was for men, so now that's where I primarily donate both money and time.
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

If I had a lot of money I'd want to donate it to homeless people/charities. I would want to do something nice for them.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

If I had a job or some money then I would donate to charities. I wouldn't give money to random people though. :3
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
I would donate to poor prople that dont have an leg for example, that cant see or hear anything, to kids or to a mom with a baby to feed him. not to poor people who are perfectly fine, have arms,legs and all, they can get a job like that.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Dakota
she's singing to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I dislike panhandlers down in the NYC subway system. It all goes back to this one incident where a "blind" dude cam in and begged for money, and many people gave it to him (I didn't). At the end of the car, he dramatically opened his eyes and said "I can see!" before going to the next car. Poor people got robbed.

So yeah, I don't take risks in donating to panhandlers, not unless it's extremely obvious they aren't fakes. I do give money to performances though! The brilliant thing about NYC is that there are some great musicians and dancers down in the subway (and at parks and the like). If I have some cash on me to spare, I'll definitely toss a buck or two.
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Most of the time I donate about $3 every 2 to 3 weeks when I'm at the store. I donate more usually to the Red Cross (around $50 to $75) when a national disaster strikes somewhere in the world, and its a country I like, at least from various photos or videos I see on YouTube, the most I have ever donated was $175 a few days after the tsunami in Japan.
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:05 PM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

I don't work cause i'm 11 years old,but I do give some money to the poor people when I have some change.
But I don't trust the companies,I give them face to face to the people that are poor.
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:12 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I don't give money to the poor & the needy. Only service.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
If I had the money, I would definitely donate to charities as often as possible. However I would only donate to those who truly needed it, if you know what I mean- an example is children in Africa who have to walk for eight hours in order to find water, which even then isn't particularly clean and healthy for them. It just seems selfish not to, I understand people have to work for their wage and survive already by regularly buying groceries etc. but rich people who's pockets are filled with cash to the brim and live in a great mansion should donate as well, at least in my opinion. Every dollar makes a difference at least to me.

I would also donate to poor people, those who had an uneducated life and were forced to beg on streets, along with orphans and those living in warzones. However I guess the only exception is people who are unemployed but have the credentials and potentials to get a job, but they're too slack and instead get their wage by begging people on the streets.

fight the break of dawn

Old April 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
if i had money i would give biscuits, blankets , old clothes and a few other items to poor kids and handicapped people

Old April 6th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I am very charitable! When I go to McDonalds and they ask me to donate a dollar to the Ronald McDonald Foundation, I do it. And I donate clothes.
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
I'm very charitable, but I've always believed in the saying that charity begins at home. I don't donate to charities because I don't know which ones are religious and which ones are not, and knowing somebody who earns $80,000 a year working for a charity collection agency makes me unsure that the money actually gets to the people to whom you're donating.

I give money to my friends and help them out wherever they need to be helped. I have tons of people who owe me money that they've borrowed, but I know that they're not in any position to give it back to me and I don't really care if they do, so I'm not going to hound them for it.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Ever since I went on a religion retreat and I had to listen to some homeless girl's selfish story about how she left her parents with her kid, ran away from home to be with some jamaican dude and then decided to prostitute herself because she wanted to do drugs, I've completely stopped giving money to the homeless. What also added to this is when my father hears them first ask him or others for a cigarette and then right after, chat with other homeless about how much they earned that day and it is usually around $300. wtf. I get not everyone's situation is like this, but it makes me so angry.
I just offer a smile and a "have a good day/ evening/ morning." I want to know my money is being put to good use.

So no. I don't donate to them. I will occasionally give money to street performers though. I do donate to other causes and I use my money to help people that I know that are suffering (ie someone I know who is in bad financial situation due to family health problems and wants to afford to go to college, etc)
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Caelus
Gone

I don't have a job so I don't really donate my money to anyone. Once I get a job I'm thinking of giving back since I feel bad about not donating even when I do have some money.
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

I have money to donate but I don't do it. I don't know if it makes me a bad person.
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Cavalreaper
Pokemon Breeder

My family runs a homeless shelter in the area. It's always a pleasure helping out, but other than that I can't say I'm too charitable. Since I don't have a job, the best I can do is volunteer.
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:29 PM
lynds

I don't give money to just anybody, I've donated to a few select charities. It's a good feeling.
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

I don't give money at all (in part for not having my own allowance nor a job), but I will do anything for them in terms of services, such as feeding them or providing them hospitality. For 4 Saturdays in a row about a month ago, I volunteered at a place that was founded to help the homeless and those in need.
Fairy
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links