• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FFX-2 Discussion*HUGE SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaskis Sato

Always Chasing the Night.
Years
  • FFX-2 Discussion

I just beat FFX2 and am only 70% through the game... So I started the game plus option and has proven to help me get more of the game complete.

Has anyone gotten 100% game compleation the first try?
    What was your favorite or un-favorite part of the storyline? Did it lack anything?

I don't want to ruin the game for any one so if anybody who has beaten the game would post before I do, would be very much appreciated... cause I hate spoiling any game or movie to anyone.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • well... i do know that Kairi got 99.7% game completion first time (which annoys her a lot)... I don't even have a PS2 ^_^;

Spoiling the many mysteries of FFX2 is as bad as sin (no pun please) itself... but however for most people who got 100% complete along with seeing the perfect ending still ends up in confusion... it's so deep of a story that it's enough to open a university course to study the story or something (tons of theorycrafting for X2 in various message boards)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I?m on my second game. It?s sure a lot of fun, although a lot is left unexplained. Unless the perfect ending fills in a lot. I got 99.8% percent first time I believe. Forgot to talk to Tobli in the Moonflow before completing ?Shave the hypello?? When I get to chapter five, I?ll make another save. One I?ll go strait to the last area and beat the final boss to see the perfect ending. Then I?ll use the other save to get all the ?Episode Complete!?s and the last dressphere again, etc.

Chaskis Sato

Years
  • What is your take on Shuyin and Lenne?

You could look at it two ways...
    The first way is that Shuyin and Lenne are like Tidus and Yuna (duh) and they protray their affection for each other as Tidus and Yuna did in the first game.

The second way... which is very ify... Shuyin is wearing Tidus's dress sphere and Yuna is wearing Lenne's...not too sure though...

I haven't seen the perfect ending yet but am close to Chapter 3 the second time playing the game, and am close to 80% game completion. So maybe something better happens.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I'll put spoilers in the title.

*SPOILERS*

I think Shuyin is the "Tidus" who lived 1000 years ago. When Yu Yevon summoned the Dream Zanarkand from the fayth on Gagazet, the memory of Shuyin (Tidus) was different for some reason, maybe because he never left his hate behind. Lenne is just coincidental, that both of them wanted to prevent their partner from throwing their lives away in the name of summoning. Did you see the "Good ending" by whistling at the end after you beat Vegnagun? You can only do this if you did so at the Farplane at the end of chapter three, as well as completing "Meeting with Machen!" in Chapter three at Chateau LeBlanc. This ending brings up more questions but I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it. Did you give the Awesome Sphere to different parties of the course of your games? Doing so is good for %.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • since there are spoiler tags anyway...

-when Shuyin and Lenne perishs, Lenne accepts her death and is now part of the Songstress Dress Sphere. Shuyin on the other hand becomes an unsend (perhaps he didn't hear Lenne's last word afterall, which is actually happy ones even though they are to be shot very soon), wanting to use Vegnagun to destroy the world.

-when the dream Zanarkand is being summoned by Yu Yevon, all the "first victims" of sin are "sent" to dream Zanarkand world. This is assuming that sin is the gateway between the real world and dream Zanarkand though. We see that through sin's influence, Tidus is thrown into the real world in FFX, so why can't the people including Shuyin being sent from the real world into dream Zanarkand years ago? This explains why Shuyin cannot proceed with his plans all these years until now when Yu Yevon and dream Zanarkand are destroyed

-Tidus is a creation of fayths as a memory of Shuyin who is currently trapped somewhere within dream Zanarkand. Shuyin will not simply allow himself to be trapped within a dream world for an eternity. Perhaps Shuyin's feeling for vengeance is so strong that it moved the fayths (or influence them, etc...) to creat a "clone' of him so Shuyin won't just simply be forgotton. That clone is Tidus...

"Tidus become real"- possible theory:
    -at the end we see Tidus becomes a real person... the message is that "a strong will/home makes everything possible". We see Yuna's strong determination to find Tidus, believing that he's somewhere in the world. This strong determination from Yuna contributes to Tidus's "existence," and eventually made Tidus "real". That is the message from square, but how does the actual thing work out?

Dreams are beliefs from a collection of people. If these people do believe in the dream, the dream exists. If these people deny the dream, the dream is no more. Though Tidus is nothing but a dream and eventually fades away, these people continues to believe in him, making the dream "real again." That's the best valid explanation I can find that's somewhat logical (at least to me). There are tons of other theories out there as well regarding the confusing FF-X2.

Chaskis Sato

Years
  • I would agree however, Tidus's father Jecht has been proven to be a real person, being a guradian of Brasksa. So therefore meaning that Tidus is real. He dissapeared because he was not from that time, and Auron dissapeared because he was dead.

Maybe you have something though... Shuyin and Lenne represent Tidus and Yuna's devotion to each other. Tidus and Yuna could not tell each other how they felt before Tidus dissapeared. Just as Shuyin and Lenne could not show how they felt about each other until the end.

Therefore telling Yuna that Tidus knew how she felt and Yuna knew how he felt about. At the end saying it all started with this sphere...

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Jecht was a dream too, until he came in contact with Sin. Tidus did the same, but they still came from DZ and so were both susceptible to the consequences of killing Yu Yevon.

Shuyin and Lenne aren?t as connected to Yuna and Tidus as I had expected. With the exception of Shuyin looking and sounding like Tidus, there are not many real connections otherwise. A few metaphorical ones but not psychical.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • I don't know how much about Jecht at all as I've never played both version (all from theorycrafting ^_^; ). Shuyin+Lenne aren't that related to Tidus+Yuna... maybe except the possilbe Shuyin/Tidus relationship. Yuna and Lenne looking alike are just pure coincidence which is to be frowned upon.... they can make the story even better by drawing connections there.

I still think Tidus = dream from the fayth made in the image of Shuyin... I still need to do a lot more research on Sin's relationship with Dream Zanarkand, and possibly even Auron's role in all of this too to figure out a possible explanation for Jecht.

Keep in mind... If one thousand words can calm a storm, then how is it so unbelievable that a wave of real emotion can make dreams real?

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    One thing, when you get Episode Complete at the Zanarkand Ruins, Machen talks to you. He says Yuna has the same handshake as a songstress who?s hand he shook 1,000 years ago?Lenne?s. Maybe a real connection or another metaphor.

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2004
    I just started playing 2 days ago and im on chapter 2 trying to find the 3rd uniform so I can get the sphere from zanarkind back. I beat ffx and it rocks. I am a bit confused about this part in chp. 2, eh, got full throttle and yuna's special dressphere. dunno watta do now so guess i'll work on it some more. get some cheats off the web. it took me 3 weeks to beat FF-x. ff-x-2 is medium between easy-hard if u got hints plzzzz help me

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2004
    im on ch. 2 lookin for vegnagun in bevelle... eh, under 30% the monsters in that underground thing or watever is hard. I hate flans. in malcalania woods, that big watery thing that chantges elements is impossible to beat. eh, 500 damage 1 attack hardly anything does much damage the most damage delt to it on here was 6 per attack............... how do u use the special dressspheres for paine yuna and rikku? I got them all. ehhhh. my caracters hp is
    yuna - around 600
    rikku - around 1000-1200
    paine- about same as rikku
    I have about 47% of paine's warrior dresssphere done but only near 3 abilities left, weird.. ides?

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2004
    eh, I found a room after this big machina thing a bit after the fight after doing to towers thing. I got part of the path to this elevator thing or w/e and cant get on it. I need like help

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Lol Im Getting this Game Tommorow! Yes.. Im a total Yuna Freak and from watching my cousin play it I want it lol.

Chaskis Sato

Years
  • I have been playing FF X to try and make sense of things again.
    Auron is from Spira and Jecht and Tidus are from Zanarkand 1000 years ago. So what I have come to conclude is that Sin from Tidus's time was Jecht, and Jecht became a part of Sin as Braskas guardian to bring Tidus into Spira, so that he could show that his father was not dead, that he didn't die out at sea Jecht was also brought to Spira for a reason...I think...

In relation to X-2 Tidus is Shuyin, Shyuin/Tidus was looking for Lenne the whole time, since Lenne was also a summoner.
    Maybe you already figured that out but I think its a good explanation.

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2004
    I think I have made soem sense from the concert where shinra made the zanarkand sphere hologram thing. I have not looked on the web. im tryin to piece this together somepeople may have said but o-well.
    shuuin was a good guy.
    vegnagun was activated by shuuin to help get rid of sin.
    instead it backfired and it destroyed zanarkand. vegnagun did not come from bevelle. it shows in ff x the part where u gotta swin to the blue thing. thats where it was. the hole in bevelle was from something else.
    the aeons are controlled by shuuin. tidus comes back thinking yuna is lenne and lives the same life almost. if tidus was not a dream and came back real. the same thing would have happened.
    I also think a different from that
    shuuin hated zanarkand and wanted to rid of it except for lenne. this is al lI can clue together right now.
    I cant beat the Magus Sisters in FFX-2 they're soooooooooo hard.. I may have to restart the game. OH. P.S. u know where yuna falls down the dark hole? lands in flowers? finds shuuin? I bet yuna inherits that dress sphere after the game or sometime. I am still downloading the 1,000 words concert in english, long wait plus the one I have is in jap. this concert helps u out a little I think. i AM STILL PIECEING stuff together...........
    yuna doesn't sing 1,000 words
    shuuin doesn't die I think same with lenne. I think that he is still out there.. :P
    ok. im off to start a new game on ffx-2 unless I can get help.. cya

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2004
    sorry for the double post but I figured something out. I watching the concert over and over. I think back to the Journeys Start sphere. I think I got this put in a row.
    shuyin goes to activate vegnagun when lenne stops him. he goes down and talks to her. some guards or something appear and shoots them. Lenne's soul is trapped in a sphere. same with shuyin. but shuyin has to live!!!! watch the journeys start spear. his words I think are like
    LET ME OUT!
    I ONLY TRIED TO USE VEGNAGUN TO SAVE LENNE.
    WAT WOULD U DO IF IT WAS UR GIRL.
    I'm sure that he didn't die after being shot. by being shot.
    he was talkin to Jecht in the Sphere I think. I have a feeling. he may have survived the gun-shots. taken to a prison liek place.
    I think that some1 else used vegnagun to destroy zanarkand . or sin destroyed it...in the concert. u watch closely. after they been shot. it flashes back. it shows them up in a sky. he turns around and walks away just like tidus in ff-x... I dont figure it out. unless lenne was like yuna and traveled on a similar machina. I may have it wrong that way but I dunno..
    I need help beatin the magus sisters
    im watching the concert... let me see...
    1,000 words. that means 1,000 years.
    THE ROOM OF BEVELLE. DOES IT HAVE PURPLE LIGHT IN A CIRCLE ROOM?? if not then vegnagun came from zanarkand.
    I am gonna goto bevelle... hmm work on gettin stronger so I can beat the magus sisters. talk l8r

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • I think Tidus is actually Sin that came back so it could be close to yuna cause she's so dead sexy...personally I think paine is the hottest but ya know that's just me...

and she's a lesbian, c'mon, it's soo obvious...

BOO ya!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back