Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: How was the first alpha?
AMAZING!!! RELEASE MORE!! 8 57.14%
Pretty good. 5 35.71%
Meh, has potential.. 1 7.14%
Didn't care for it. Maybe try a new hack. 0 0%
Hated it, quit hacking. 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 30th, 2014 (02:37 PM).
Caramel-O
The dark Cheetah

Nature: Calm
Good luck w/ it
hope the download link show up soon
Old February 13th, 2014 (09:52 AM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to joexv
Quote originally posted by Saturnus:
Can you make the screenshots bigger? I can't see it quite properly.
Screenshots have been rezized and are now more visable!

Quote originally posted by Caramel-O:
Good luck w/ it
hope the download link show up soon
There is a download but it doesnt go very far into the game. This next update that should be done within the next few days(hopefully) will add tons of more maps and bug fixes.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Just remember, you cant spell slaughter without laughter.
Old February 13th, 2014 (06:22 PM).
Dark Shadow 6
Kιηg Oƒ Hєαятѕ

Nature: Lonely
Looking good but need batter maps
Old February 14th, 2014 (11:19 AM).
TheBlackRose365

cant wait to the next update<3
Old February 23rd, 2014 (07:28 PM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Hey guys. As you may have noticed the title screen is truely crap. I have no idea how to remake it so if anyone wants a shot at it pm me.
Thanks!

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old February 24th, 2014 (03:47 AM).
Sniper
ワイルドフラワー

Send a message via Skype™ to Sniper
Hi! I would like to see your titlescreen and pm the screenshot. I think I can help.
But I can't fix it once you already do it though. Also, I can remap some of your maps if you'd like!
Old February 25th, 2014 (11:23 AM).
DoYouKnowHowToPokemon
noob rom hacker/beta tester

Nature: Adamant
good luck with this hack I've played the current version and liked it so far when is the next update btw?
Old February 25th, 2014 (04:14 PM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by DoYouKnowHowToPokemon:
good luck with this hack I've played the current version and liked it so far when is the next update btw?
I cant really give a date, pretty much hen ever it gets scripted. But an update on hat this next version will have: a couple new routes a cave a few towns, and the 2nd gym.

Old February 25th, 2014 (05:22 PM).
EVA01

Nature: Docile
Just downloaded the game and like the starter Pokemon you chose to put in the game. I chosen Duskull as my starter.
Old March 1st, 2014 (12:40 PM).
joltjolteon
A Mad Man in a Box

I liked the maps. Maybe you should work in giving it more details, or a new tileset.

Old March 7th, 2014 (04:38 AM).
Prof. Birch
The Greatest Hoenn Professor

Nature: Gentle
I liked the graphics and the maps of the game but can you please add a Pokémon center in the starting town because when my Pokémon fainted, I was teleported to Petalburg City.

My Pokémon Hacks:
Coming soon, if you want to help me in my hack. Just PM me.

Hacks I Support:
Old March 8th, 2014 (03:18 PM).
The Gamecube Collector
just gimme gimme control
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to The Gamecube Collector
I think the Maps in this hack are great! Puts a new spin on Emerald for sure
Old March 17th, 2014 (08:21 AM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Alright the long awaited update has been updated to be awaited for an update so you guys can enjoy awaiting for the update!! Yes version 1.3 is now up for download! you can travel up to the 2nd gym(and fight in it)!!!

Old March 21st, 2014 (05:57 PM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Sorry everyone but I am going to have to stop working on my rom hacks. My 6+ year old laptop just died and it was the only thing I had that could do this sort of thing. So untill I can afford a new laptop I will be out of the biz.

Old April 21st, 2014 (10:12 AM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Alright so ive gotten a temp computer and am almost done with a huge update that adds 2 or 3 more gyms, a new tileset(if i can figure out how to insert the stupid things), lots of bug fixes and much much more!
If you would like to help me out with this hack(cause I cant figure out tilesets to save my life) please shoot me a pm vm or post at my team recruting page here.

Old April 21st, 2014 (08:36 PM).
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Quote originally posted by joexv:
Alright so ive gotten a temp computer and am almost done with a huge update that adds 2 or 3 more gyms, a new tileset(if i can figure out how to insert the stupid things), lots of bug fixes and much much more!
If you would like to help me out with this hack(cause I cant figure out tilesets to save my life) please shoot me a pm vm or post at my team recruting page here.
Hope this helps I also vmed you this so I'm copying/pasting here too:
Quote:
For tile sets try Syn's Easy Way Of Inserting Tiles
or you can use a public rom base that already has tiles inserted like ProjectUnamed(Complete)

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old November 3rd, 2014 (03:03 PM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Hello everyone, just posting to let people know that I am still working on this game, ive just been gone all summer so I havent had any internet to share updates or such.This game is getting a super overhaul from the ground up!!!!! Hopefuly updates will come out much much much faster than before, there will be even more features!(taking out some of the lameo ones) And now there wont be many(if at all) of the original emerald graphics, everything will hopefully get changed.

Old November 7th, 2014 (11:56 PM).
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
I just experianced a major major bug. I often use save states for ROMs and hacks rather than the actual battery-powered save feature in the original game's programming so I was lucky not to lose too much, but just now after obtaining the egg from prof. birch (which I thought I picked the fire type he offered but the egg hatched into Elekid instead) and when I hit reset to go back to where I last saved (which I knew was right in front of the first pokemon center) to try again with the egg, it sent me back to when I first entered the forest. I lost the Zigzagoon and Shroomish I caught, both decent natures, and Zigzagoon's pickup was working overtime for me as well.

Now fortunately when I first entered the forest I had used a save state at one point to use as a restarting point after I caught an adamant Shroomish (at the point I lost my save game I had an adamant shroomish already and was content with what else I had) so when I went back to my save state I got back the shroomish I lost. But this is a huge concern, because if the game messes up like this when using a battery save, then my game goes bye-bye if and when I become the champion of the league for this game. This also hugely impacts any feature in the game that requires a save, like the battle frontier if you kept it in this hack. This needs to be fixed right away when you get to that point, because while I can get by fine on save states, there's still the matter of mandatory saves.

Also, the main charactr sprite looks too similar to the bad guys you chose for this game, can we have a new main character option? Also if the physical/special split is enabled on this hack it's not clearly defined, so I dunno if I'm using the latest patch if the 4th gen split in move classes wasn't seen in 1.3.
Old November 8th, 2014 (04:08 PM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by looneyman1:
I just experianced a major major bug. I often use save states for ROMs and hacks rather than the actual battery-powered save feature in the original game's programming so I was lucky not to lose too much, but just now after obtaining the egg from prof. birch (which I thought I picked the fire type he offered but the egg hatched into Elekid instead) and when I hit reset to go back to where I last saved (which I knew was right in front of the first pokemon center) to try again with the egg, it sent me back to when I first entered the forest. I lost the Zigzagoon and Shroomish I caught, both decent natures, and Zigzagoon's pickup was working overtime for me as well.

Now fortunately when I first entered the forest I had used a save state at one point to use as a restarting point after I caught an adamant Shroomish (at the point I lost my save game I had an adamant shroomish already and was content with what else I had) so when I went back to my save state I got back the shroomish I lost. But this is a huge concern, because if the game messes up like this when using a battery save, then my game goes bye-bye if and when I become the champion of the league for this game. This also hugely impacts any feature in the game that requires a save, like the battle frontier if you kept it in this hack. This needs to be fixed right away when you get to that point, because while I can get by fine on save states, there's still the matter of mandatory saves.

Also, the main charactr sprite looks too similar to the bad guys you chose for this game, can we have a new main character option? Also if the physical/special split is enabled on this hack it's not clearly defined, so I dunno if I'm using the latest patch if the 4th gen split in move classes wasn't seen in 1.3.
Well Im not 100% sure on whats causing that issue, but I am remaking every script in the game so it should be gone when I release the new alpha. And as for the character and enemys I'm remaking those to depending on the higher poll result on how to make them,(4th or 5th gen) atm its 5th gen so They will also be released anew in the next alpha. And also no previous saves will work as far as I know, so be prepared to lose progress. The 4th gen physical special split will have the little icon in the next alpha so you will be able to see the difference.

Old November 8th, 2014 (09:01 PM).
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

Ok I'm glad to hear this is being worked on, I dunno if anyone else had the same problem but regardless that was something I needed to comment on because that is a huge issue right there.

On the matter of the egg Birch gives you a part of me can't help but think that might have a part in the crash. I KNOW I picked the fire pokemon Birch offered, but the fact it hatched into Elekid instead really confused me. Even if that had no connection to my save problem, that in itself is another thing to check on as well.
Old November 14th, 2014 (07:43 PM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Just thought I should post a quicky update: Male overworlds sprites are almost done
These sprites are not finnal obviously.
Credis go to tebited15 @deviantart for the gen 5 gary oak overworld that has been used as a base.

Gen 6 style exp gain after catching a Pokemon has been implemented as promised.
Along with gen 4 physical special split with the little images.
Various other enhancements and I think some asm stuffs.
Also new evolution methods have been added thanks to kearnseyboy6 for the original evolutions for fire red and anonyboy for porting some.

The new alpha should only be a little ways away as I finish up mapping and then insert the last of the scripts! Yay!

Old November 14th, 2014 (09:42 PM).
dhogan

Just thought I should post a quicky update: Male overworlds sprites are almost done
These sprites are not finnal obviously.
Credis go to tebited15 @deviantart for the gen 5 gary oak overworld that has been used as a base.

Gen 6 style exp gain after catching a Pokemon has been implemented as promised.
Along with gen 4 physical special split with the little images.
Various other enhancements and I think some asm stuffs.
Also new evolution methods have been added thanks to kearnseyboy6 for the original evolutions for fire red and anonyboy for porting some.

The new alpha should only be a little ways away as I finish up mapping and then insert the last of the scripts! Yay!
The sprite looks very good, nice job. Looking forward to the alpha :D

trade shop: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8551343
Old November 14th, 2014 (10:45 PM).
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

good to hear of this progress, good job. Has that save glitch I refferred to also been isolated yet? What about the egg Birch gives out?
Old November 16th, 2014 (07:30 PM).
joexv
The True XV
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by looneyman1:
good to hear of this progress, good job. Has that save glitch I refferred to also been isolated yet? What about the egg Birch gives out?
They should be, just rescripted that part today!

Old November 16th, 2014 (07:49 PM).
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

They should be, just rescripted that part today!

Alright awesome, I'll wait to see what ya got once you get to finishing the update.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links