• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Blackened Night [Alpha 3.1] Final Alpha

How good was the alpha?

• Great keep it up!

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Good, needs work

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Needs lots of work to be good.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Crappy

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
  • I like how this hack looks but i must say it doesnt look good when theres a 4th gen sprite in a 3rd gen world or 3rd gen sprites in a 4th gen world. Lol i cant 100% tell the sprites are good but if u put a 3rd gen sprite next to a 4th gen sprites either the 4th gen sprites looks bigger and fat lol or the 3rd gen sprite looks puny id stick with the fourth gen sprites and just implement them. Also why are some of the sprites umm actually why is the females hat sprite digging into the guys head? Haha.
    Anyways it still looks like a great hack good luck with this.

Well there are no 4th or 3rd gen sprites. Only 5th gen now. I may have a patch that changes them to 4th gen though.

Her hat just hates him I guess.:P

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • I'm in love with the palettes. Especially here:
    Ebec5nf.png

Having different colors for wild grass and trees is an amazing detail that makes all the difference for me
    Congrats!

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • I think to make the game graphically better you should change the trees imo. I don't really like the way it looks.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Dude, there seems to be a lot of grammar errors everywhere. You gotta fix that :/
    Good luck with this, and I really hope you're planning on making every OW the player's style, and not mixing them...

EDIT: I see, you're making them all one style. Well that's great, and looks awesome!

Joexv

Years
  • Dude, there seems to be a lot of grammar errors everywhere. You gotta fix that :/
    Good luck with this, and I really hope you're planning on making every OW the player's style, and not mixing them...

EDIT: I see, you're making them all one style. Well that's great, and looks awesome!
    Thx. the grammar is being fixed. I just kinda rush sometimes and mess up.
    Yea I'm gonna fix the OP screens cause people keep saying that.

I think to make the game graphically better you should change the trees imo. I don't really like the way it looks.
    I was thinking about it, but I don't have a tree I want to change it to.

Wow this is coming along wonderfully the updates show promise.
    Thx. Been working pretty hard on it.

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • Loved your OW, specially your male protagonist, it's so neatly made. Anyway, congratz and please keep up the hardwork, I'll be rooting for you all the way.

Joexv

Years
  • Alright guys so I think I'll release the first alpha early just containing less story. The first alpha will only go until Flower City. For those of you who haven't played the original release that is just a little before the 2nd gym town. All I need to do is fix grammar errors, make a few more sprite frames, a little testing to smash any bugs that may pop up and if I have time to fix the title screen.

Im glad to see that people still want this.:3

Update. The first alpha is almost done and will go up a little past the first gym. It will include 2 routes, 2 towns and a forest. Lost of trainer battles! And new trees!
    BYbYmQs.png
    QgmEkll.png
    INAmi0y.png
    Yes those stars glow.:)

Last edited:

Joexv

Years
  • ALPHA 1 hath been released!!!!!
    Get it here! Alpha 1 1/7/15 Download/Mirror/Mirror2
    This alpha goes to the end of route 2. Shorter than what I wanted for the first alpha, but I wanted to release a stable and hopefully bug free for you guys to play!

Hope you enjoy!

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Yeah, Another Alpha to try ^^
    To be honest some tiles looks weird, like the ledges, the ledges looks like a serpents o.O
    Good look and go ahead to the beta!!!

Joexv

Years
  • Hey guys little bug fix update for ya. Fixes a few game breakers that were reported and a few not so terrible ones. As always this is a ups patch and requires nups to patch it.
    Alpha 1.1 1/11/15
    Download Mirror
    Changlog:
    Fixed some tile errors.
    Fixed Death glitches.
    Buffed a few trainers.

Last edited:

なぜわざわざ?

Congratulations! Your Magikarp has evolved into a
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2017
    This hack looks cool and promising. I haven't played the Alpha but I'm going to play it right after i post this reply.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Umm, I think the game froze as I was about to battle the first trainer in the first gym. I didn't save either and the Pokémon center's staff were all brain dead and answered to nobody. I'm pretty sure I got the latest patch.

From what I've seen so far, not too shabby, not quite amazing either. Mostly due to bugs though. The things I did enjoy were the big gen 5 sprites. Dunno if starters are final but Poochyena seem a little generic. I think anyone who played through gen 3 already trained it many times. I did like Shuppet though so that's what I choose.

Not sure what you have in mind for music either but may I suggest another battle theme? It's the gen 3 theme we all know and love, sure, but like with Poochyena I think many heard it to death already, especially with OR/AS being released last year. I'm personally more into the gen 4 or 5 theme but that may just be me.

I'd make the maps a tiny big bigger too, like the starter town, it feels a little claustrophobic. When speeding up the emulator I could almost not get back into my house to check if I had missed anything. ( Or rather see if I could heal there, which I couldn't. lol )

I think if you go over things again and tidy things up a little you'll have a good start for a hack, I want to continue playing whenever things come around and finishes up a bit. Don't give up!

Joexv

Years
  • Umm, I think the game froze as I was about to battle the first trainer in the first gym. I didn't save either and the Pokémon center's staff were all brain dead and answered to nobody. I'm pretty sure I got the latest patch.
    Yea I had a few typos in the trainers scripts that locked up the player, they are fixed it the next alpha along with the pokecenter staff being fired and new professionals getting their jobs.

From what I've seen so far, not too shabby, not quite amazing either. Mostly due to bugs though. The things I did enjoy were the big gen 5 sprites. Dunno if starters are final but Poochyena seem a little generic. I think anyone who played through gen 3 already trained it many times. I did like Shuppet though so that's what I choose.
    Hopefully I've removed every bug reported as I said above it will be fixed in the next alpha. The starters are final, but there will be nice twists to how the starters will be raised, so keep on the look out for that.

Not sure what you have in mind for music either but may I suggest another battle theme? It's the gen 3 theme we all know and love, sure, but like with Poochyena I think many heard it to death already, especially with OR/AS being released last year. I'm personally more into the gen 4 or 5 theme but that may just be me.
    All the music will be changed in the next alpha. for now I am changing it to HG/SS music until more custom music is developed. But I havent heard from my music hacker for a while so idk.

I'd make the maps a tiny big bigger too, like the starter town, it feels a little claustrophobic. When speeding up the emulator I could almost not get back into my house to check if I had missed anything. ( Or rather see if I could heal there, which I couldn't. lol )
    Yea I was kinda feeling the same so the next alpha will have a bigger starting town and the already released maps are supposed to be small. Eventually they get bigger so just wait. Yea you can heal at your house but due to another typo your aunt refused to acknowledge your Pokemon.

Also guys, here's a little update on progress for the next alpha:
    most of the routes and towns are already done on mapping and just need to be scripted, I fixed as many bugs as I can and now you don't have an evil looking reflection in the water! As you can see here:
    VCzVpxY.png

The next alpha will feature another gym and bug fixes to the current gym.
    Many tiles are being fixed to look a little better with the gen 5 size sprites
    And I'm reworking the shadows on the sprites, I have over 3/4 of the done. the shadows will now be slightly smaller and a little more "dynamic" to go along with the movement..

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Thanks for answering. =) You seem to work hard. I'm looking forward to playing even more now! I'll go with Shuppet next time as well. I haven't used it a lot in any game before.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • Yet another awesome looking hack I somehow missed. I don't know much about it as of now, but since an alpha's out, I'll give it a try soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back