Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 8th, 2013 (9:43 PM).
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Discussion

Is it more important to you to use Electric-type moves to paralyze your opponent or deal damage to them?
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 9th, 2013 (8:24 AM). Edited July 9th, 2013 by OneHeckOfASheep.

Preferred username: Sheep
Partner Pokémon: Amparos
Favorite Electric-type move:Zap Canon!120 power *****es!
electric type pokemon look cute or badass. i like cute and badass ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
Discussion

Is it more important to you to use Electric-type moves to paralyze your opponent or deal damage to them?
i think you should focus on both. always have an paralyzing attack AND an powerful attack
Old July 9th, 2013 (2:49 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHeckOfASheep View Post
Preferred username: Sheep
Partner Pokémon: Amparos
Favorite Electric-type move:Zap Canon!120 power *****es!
electric type pokemon look cute or badass. i like cute and badass ^.^

i think you should focus on both. always have an paralyzing attack AND an powerful attack
Welcome to the club. Ampharos is awesome. I was disappointed when I found out I couldn't get one in the Crystal version because Mareep is not obtainable in that game. I think I might've had one in Silver though. I loved Zap Cannon, half a chance of it hitting but it paralyzes when it hits along with taking damage.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old July 9th, 2013 (2:57 PM).
the pretender
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Remus

It depends really. Paralyzing is wonderful and it can change the turn out of a match, by crippling the opponent's speed and their chance to move. But then if you know you can take out, say Gyarados with a single Thunderbolt, then paralyzing it is unnecessary and wastes PP. I agree that an electric Pokemon should carry both- if you didn't have any attacks, all your matches would be long and drawn out, with very slim chances of winning unless you carried Toxic or any other sorts of moves like that. I'd say in-game wise, damage is the key to go and competitively, where status and hazards are important- the paralysis is useful in stopping a sweeper wrecking your team. I personally find them both essential though. :p
Old July 9th, 2013 (5:00 PM).
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
I actually don't end up using status problems very much in a competitive environment, even though that is discouraged. I like simple brutal sweeps, so I'd rather spend the time setting up and then destroying my opponent than using a turn to paralyze them, especially since many people have remedies to it these days like Heal Bell teams and whatnot. Especially when I'm using a Rain team, because there is nothing like neverending Thunder!

Although I do use Yawn to force switchouts into hazards sometimes, but that's not your question...haha.
Old July 9th, 2013 (9:14 PM).
Dat Trains Kid

Nature: Docile
Preferred username: My user is Zylas, but yallz can call meh Clumzy
Partner Pokémon: Stormy, the Lanturn
Answer the current topic: I'd have to go with paralyze, because in competitive battles this particular status can be quite useful, plus Electric-type moves most often don't have enough power an mainly focus on a deeper strategy. However, power in these moves are efficient in eliminating bulky water types, so there is a bit of contradiction.
Favorite Electric-type move: I'd like to make a correction to TrainerMusaddiq's notion, because Bolt Strike is the most powerful Electric Type move, at 130 Power, which just so happens to be mah fave. Just sayin'
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: Uhhh, hello? Electricity is one of the main factors of conjuring a high-level storm, which I consider as kind of my trademark.

|Black 2 FC| Best Song EVER|
|Platinum FC| Mah KI:U Neoseeker|
|Old Profile|VM|PM|Credit|

For an innovative, innocent, young boy once said, "I like trains."
Old July 9th, 2013 (9:43 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky

Basically, paralysis can sometimes help turn a battle around for me. It saves my life in a few battles and having that plus a damaging Electric attack is pretty essential for my moveset. It's handy for dealing with the common Water and Flying-types, not to mention how common Gyarados are found. I still do think carrying something like Thunder Wave can be handy for slowing down speedy Pokemon that would otherwise land a hit before you do.
Old July 10th, 2013 (12:44 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylas View Post
Preferred username: My user is Zylas, but yallz can call meh Clumzy
Partner Pokémon: Stormy, the Lanturn
Answer the current topic: I'd have to go with paralyze, because in competitive battles this particular status can be quite useful, plus Electric-type moves most often don't have enough power an mainly focus on a deeper strategy. However, power in these moves are efficient in eliminating bulky water types, so there is a bit of contradiction.
Favorite Electric-type move: I'd like to make a correction to TrainerMusaddiq's notion, because Bolt Strike is the most powerful Electric Type move, at 130 Power, which just so happens to be mah fave. Just sayin'
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: Uhhh, hello? Electricity is one of the main factors of conjuring a high-level storm, which I consider as kind of my trademark.
Welcome to the club. Lanturn's a good pick. I remember fishing for Chinchou in Olivine City (I think that's where you find them) because I liked the idea of a Water/Electric combination (I am a big Water-type fan) and evolving it into a Lanturn. I loved using Thunder Wave in Pokémon Stadium 2 to paralyze my foes. Not familiar with Bolt Strike, so I'd have to play the more recent games to see it but it sounds powerful.
Old July 10th, 2013 (7:52 AM).
Dat Trains Kid

Yes, Bolt Strike is a move original to Zekrom, only learned at level 100. So you could imagine its pretty powerful . I hate how its got 85 accuracy though . I like the idea of Water/Electric combinations as well, seeing that water from a hurricane and electricity for thunderbolts creates storms. This also incurs my love for the Incarnate trio (Thundurus, Tornadus, etc.) and a lil' bit of flying types as well. Just gots to be dat storm! :D

Old July 16th, 2013 (10:33 PM).
Master of Ice

Question time!!!

Which Electric-type can change their form and how?
Old July 16th, 2013 (10:54 PM).
the pretender
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Remus

I believe the electric-type you're looking for here is Rotom! Rotom can change into many real-life objects, such as microwaves, fans and washing machines, all of which come with a unique typing. I think it changes formes similar to how Deoxys does- it can change its form at will by going to a room in the Galactic Building in Eterna City for Gen IV, Rotom's Room in Silph Co. and a store room in some place which I can't remember in Gen V.
Old July 17th, 2013 (12:39 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post

I believe the electric-type you're looking for here is Rotom! Rotom can change into many real-life objects, such as microwaves, fans and washing machines, all of which come with a unique typing. I think it changes formes similar to how Deoxys does- it can change its form at will by going to a room in the Galactic Building in Eterna City for Gen IV, Rotom's Room in Silph Co. and a store room in some place which I can't remember in Gen V.
oh gosh, I forgot about Rotom. It wasn't the one I was thinking of but thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Old July 17th, 2013 (4:23 PM).
Crystal Tier

Rotom isn't the one you wanted...? XD I guess uhh... Thundurus could be the answer? He has the original form and Therian form, so he's my best bet! (Seriously how can the answer not be Rotom)

Just a quick comment - you'll get a lot more replies if you use topics rather than questions as there's much more to post about and discuss rather than these one-line replies :)
Old July 17th, 2013 (7:21 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Rotom isn't the one you wanted...? XD I guess uhh... Thundurus could be the answer? He has the original form and Therian form, so he's my best bet! (Seriously how can the answer not be Rotom)

Just a quick comment - you'll get a lot more replies if you use topics rather than questions as there's much more to post about and discuss rather than these one-line replies
I was thinking of Thundurus. He changes into his Therian Forme with help of the Reveal Glass. I couldn't think of a new topic to add to the original post.
Old July 18th, 2013 (4:29 AM).
Crystal Tier

I do rather like the Therian forme honestly! Which design do you guys prefer? The Therian form always reminded me a tad of Raikou but I do love the design - it's what Raikou always should have been. I think Thundurus on the whole is a marvellously designed Pokémon as his design really promotes the whole "I am one hell of a badass" feeling that the Pokémon deserves. I mean, just look at him in action:

Can you really say that's anything other than impressive? ;D
Old July 18th, 2013 (6:41 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote:
I do rather like the Therian forme honestly! Which design do you guys prefer? The Therian form always reminded me a tad of Raikou but I do love the design - it's what Raikou always should have been. I think Thundurus on the whole is a marvellously designed Pokémon as his design really promotes the whole "I am one hell of a badass" feeling that the Pokémon deserves. I mean, just look at him in action:

I always liked the Therian Forme better, it looks way more awesome in that design and also I don't use Dream Radar it's still a great menace in competitive play. I love that animation in its sprite as well, it like it's getting ready to fight!
Old July 18th, 2013 (11:21 AM).
Just chillin'

Preferred username: LolPizzaLol
Partner Pokémon:
Zapdos
Favorite Electric-type move:
Charge, it doesn't do any damage but when you use a damagin Electric-type move after charging and have STAB and do twice the damage you can say bye-bye to your opponent.
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: I've always been fascinated by what electricity can do, like typing this. It's so useful, without it life would be really boring. Lightning also looks really cool imo.
Old July 18th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid
Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon: Emolga
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt! It's a staple electric attack in the anime and is really strong to boot. 100% accuracy as well, wheeeee. :) But Electro Ball + Bolt Strike come in as a very close second!
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: My favorite Pokemon was Pikachu and, as embarrassing as this is to say, I've always wanted to be one. It started making me love electric Pokemon since I just found the element and moves so so cool.

Oooh, nice topic. I personally love paralysis since it gives me a huge edge in battle with the cut speed and chance for the opponent to not be able to attack, but in the end I prefer to damage my opponent. Electric moves tend to be pretty strong~

pair ~ family ~ twin ~ art thread ~ tumblr ~ ao3
never lose sight of your wish
Old July 18th, 2013 (8:15 PM). Edited July 18th, 2013 by CloysterOyster.
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolPizzaLol View Post
Preferred username: LolPizzaLol
Partner Pokémon:
Zapdos
Favorite Electric-type move:
Charge, it doesn't do any damage but when you use a damagin Electric-type move after charging and have STAB and do twice the damage you can say bye-bye to your opponent.
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: I've always been fascinated by what electricity can do, like typing this. It's so useful, without it life would be really boring. Lightning also looks really cool imo.
Welcome to the club. Zapdos is an awesome choice partner. I have always loved Zapdos and how majestic and powerful it is. Not too familiar with Charge but would love to see it in action. I agree, what would the world be without electricity? Gotta love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon: Emolga
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt! It's a staple electric attack in the anime and is really strong to boot. 100% accuracy as well, wheeeee. But Electro Ball + Bolt Strike come in as a very close second!
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: My favorite Pokemon was Pikachu and, as embarrassing as this is to say, I've always wanted to be one. It started making me love electric Pokemon since I just found the element and moves so so cool.

Oooh, nice topic. I personally love paralysis since it gives me a huge edge in battle with the cut speed and chance for the opponent to not be able to attack, but in the end I prefer to damage my opponent. Electric moves tend to be pretty strong~
Welcome to the club. Emolga's cute and quite strong if used right. Thunderbolt was my primary Electric move, loved using it to take down my opponents. Pikachu probably got alot of us into Pokémon, and I don't blame you for wanting to be one. Paralysis works like a charm. I personally like a Thunder Wave/Rain Dance/Thunder combo or any combination of Electric attacks, makes for a devastating finish.

Quote:

I like both of Thundurus' forms. Heck, the whole Kami trio is awesome. They remind me of the Egyptian Gods from Yu-Gi-Oh, powerful and unstoppable.
Old July 24th, 2013 (8:43 AM).
Dat Trains Kid

Actually, you guys have forgotten about Zekrom as well! The merging of Kyurem and Zekrom makes Black - Kyurem!

Old July 24th, 2013 (9:26 AM).
Just chillin'

Quote:
Actually, you guys have forgotten about Zekrom as well! The merging of Kyurem and Zekrom makes Black - Kyurem!
I don't think that really counts since Kyurem and Black Kyurem aren't Electric-types.

Old July 24th, 2013 (9:27 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote:
I think Kyurem still stays Dragon/Ice regardless.
Old July 24th, 2013 (11:21 AM).
Dat Trains Kid

Well yeah, but Zekrom was originally electric, meaning that it was the electric type pokemon that changed form! BOOM! Logic!

Old July 24th, 2013 (11:33 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote:
Well yeah, but Zekrom was originally electric, meaning that it was the electric type pokemon that changed form! BOOM! Logic!
It never changed form, it fused with another Pokémon. Zekrom stays the same (sort of) but it's Kyurem that does the changing. The answer to my question was Thundurus, but had forgotten that Rotom can take multiple forms.
Old July 24th, 2013 (11:49 AM).
Dat Trains Kid

Alright, Alright. I feel like this subject has worn itself out. Can we get a new topic?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links