The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM
ps3smileyface

I was just playing heartgold and ran into a shiny Rattata. I was super excited for a second then I realized that I just started the game (just bought it at a new game store here) and hadn't made it to see Mr. Pokemon yet and back so I didn't have any pokeballs. I was so mad. I think I saw a shiny zubat once but im not 100%. So this was my first shiny and I couldnt catch it. What was yalls first experience like?
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly
I was playing Crystal a long time ago, I had gone to the day care man. At the time, I had Quilava, Pidgeotto, Rattata, and a Metapod. Of course, I was about seven at the time, and still didn't really know what the characters were saying.

All I knew at the time was 'Yes' usually meant I got something *child-like innocence, never fails * good. I said yes and accepted an Odd Egg. Confused as to why I couldn't battle with it, I asked my older brother, who COULD actually understand, and said I should wait.

Sure enough, the Odd Egg hatched, and I was gifted a shiny Pichu with Dizzy punch. Note that from Gen I, Raichu was my favorite Pokemon, and when I was told that Pichu was the Pokemon before Pikachu, I was ecstatic.

From there, I have met THE RED GYRADOS! Fire-Red/Leaf-Green I saw a Shiny Tangela, and a shiny Chansey. For Sapphire, I encountered shiny Kyogre *on the first try, can you believe it?!*

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image

Last edited by Captain Oshawott; August 7th, 2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My first ever shiny to be encountered (and caught!) was a Duskull back when I was playing Ruby. She's female with a Serious nature and still stays in the PC today.
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Elixir.
Fly Away

Nature: Calm
I caught a shiny Spearow back in Fire Red. I thought it was a glitch and almost ran from it before my little brother told me that it was extremely rare. I then caught it and used it on my main team.
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

My first shiny other than the red Gyarados was a little shiny Sunkern. It wasn't the best shiny, but I was very proud of it and used it on my team =]

"By force of will!"
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
My first shiny other than the red Gyarados was a little shiny Sunkern. It wasn't the best shiny, but I was very proud of it and used it on my team =]
You should've did a Sunkern run.
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

My first shiny was a green Teddiursa in Gen II, but I had no idea that it was shiny until a year or so later haha. I caught it not noticing the green colouring and stored it in my PC, then when it came time to transfer Pokémon to Crystal I noticed the colouring and wondered what on earth was going on. I googled it, then sure enough found out it was my very first shiny Pokémon (bar Gyarados!). It's possible I found more beforehand without knowing, but that's the first I remember.

Old August 7th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Andrew
멘붕

Nature: Relaxed
I saw a shiny Zigzagoon on Emerald before I had pokéballs, and that's my only random shiny encounter

I do have a shiny Ralts that I RNG'd on Platinum (just for "shinyness", I'm not a competitive battler so I don't really care about IVs all that much). I'm actually using a clone of it for my Ultimate Solo Challenge I absolutely love the color scheme on a shiny ralts. The light blue and orange looks so good :D

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:00 PM
TBgamer4life

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to TBgamer4life
shiny zubat in pokemon platinum twice... dunno, maybe my rom is glitched and I find shiny zubats more often
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
the first shiny part from the red gyaradoes was a shiny beedrill in the bug catching contest in Crystal.
Old August 8th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
First experience was the shiny blue Electrike I caught in either Pokemon Ruby or Emerald, can't remember which. I had no idea about shinies, my friend was playing his Pokemon game next to me and freaked out haha! Lucky he told me what it was, I wouldn't have known what to do... ;P

It's long gone however.
Old August 8th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Oh, my first ever shiny was this guy

And he turned into these guys xD

I ran into it as I was doing my Emerald Bug Monotype run xD I already had a Nincada, but wanted one to use as an HM slave. So I casually walk into the tall grass and the first encounter is with this little shiny guy xD
Needless to say, I was in awe. I eventually caught it and used it on my team ^-^

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something...

My first shiny was a blue Boldore I caught in Victory Road on Black. I had no idea what it was until my friend explained it to me once he stopped screaming. I caught it , evolved it into a Gigalith, and trained it up to help me take down the elite four. I used it for a while for competitive battling in local tournaments, but I no longer use it because it wasn't EV trained. I still have it and it's my favorite shiny.
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:31 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
Well, I would say that my first shiny was red Gyarados(?)
But, In the wild. Which was the same game was a Golbat. This was in Pokemon Silver.
T'was on victory road & all i had was a master ball. I knew it was different and had no idea at the time what shinies were. But when i looked in my ball pack and seen that all i had was the MBall. I was forced to run.

Since then, The only shinys i have seen were in ROMs unfortunately.
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
atomtanned

For whatever reason, I get shiny Rattatas a lot. I've had one in several games. I don't mind, because I like Raticate. I think other than that, the only shiny I've had is the red Gyrados.

I would love to get a shiny legendary or starter, though. I tried soft-resetting half-heartedly once before I got bored & gave up.

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old August 8th, 2013, 02:26 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

If we don't count gyrados I say
Silver rattatta and red graveler in the original gold
Also had a shiny lilipup in white 2 always got my shiny Charizard from trades or AR codes

Safari Grass: PanSage - Maractus - Sawsbuck
Old August 8th, 2013, 02:33 PM
ShadowE
Competitive RTS gamer, also drunk
Community Supporter

First shiny was a Zubat in Sapphire... In Victory road aswell... First thought: MY GOD THAT THING IS HACKED!!!
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Shiny Metapod in Gold Version like 11 years back. I evolved it into the Pink Butterfree, and I thought I caught the same Butterfree from the anime. xD
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:14 PM
hughes

My first that I know of was my shiny Audino in Black 2, which I sometimes keep in my party when I'm traveling but it won't be used for battling. Then today I found a shiny Wingull on my Platinum game, which I caught but it's staying in my PC. I wish I could remember whether I encountered any in the past since I've been playing the games for nearly my whole life, but in the past few years these are the only encounters I know of.

Friend Safari:

My Trade Shop: Amestris Trade Shop & Breeding Services
My Pokemon Tumblr: Lumiose Cafe
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Zylas
Dat Trains Kid

Nature: Docile
Dat Ghastly on Mt. Coronet. My first Pokemon game: Platinum. I waz like, dafuq dis ting is blue?!

|Black 2 FC| Best Song EVER|
|Platinum FC| Mah KI:U Neoseeker|
|Old Profile|VM|PM|Credit|

For an innovative, innocent, young boy once said, "I like trains."
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy

Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
Not counting the red Gyrados, it was a Rhyhorn in Victory Road in Gold. I'll never forget how happy I was when I caught it, even if I never used it except to evolve.

Gym Leader Korrina
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:14 PM
norbyotter
Victory Starling

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to norbyotter
Not Gyarados.

It was a bloody Goldeen. The only wild random shiny I've encountered.

In the safari zone.

And I caught it only to get my LeafGreen stolen ;w;

My cousin got a shiny Chimeco in Mt. Pyre without knowing how hard it was to find... Now shiny, wow! x3 And he also got a shiny Zubat soon after that. His first shiny was a Numel while gathering ash but he didn't know about shinies yet, so this proves he has much better luck than me xD

Not a single wild shiny since then, not counting the red Gyarados, on real consoles or roms, ever x3
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:44 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Technically speaking, Gyarados was my first but he was a scripted catch/battle and I never felt that he was truly a shiny.

My first legitimate shiny was a Shiny Vulpix I caught in SoulSilver.
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Comet7
Star of the show

Nature: Relaxed
'twas a not stormy day when when I found a green Machoke. 'twas a very stormy day when I discovered how rare it was and why I shouldn't have deleted my game data. Ever since, I've caught a shiny Palkia, Shinx, and Zigzagoon (on VBA :/). I did see a shiny Psyduck in the safari zone, but the little #%^*+=! ran away.
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
My first, and so far only is Mienfoo that I caught in Black 2, while training my team to take on the Elite 4, on route 23. As they say, I "jumped up and down" with joy all over my room, couldn't believe my mind, and out of all possible good lucks - Mienfoo is one of my favorite Pokemon - my mind couldn't believe it "1st shiny, and one of my top 3 favorite Pokemon in the world"

I didn't get a chance to use her in my Black2 team. I was too attached to my team and a new Pokemon just didn't fit in. Next day I bought a copy of White 2 - transfer her.

Today, she is the leader of the White 2 team, a level 84 shiny Mienshao.
Spoiler:
She took down all the fighting and dark E4 members (my Watchog, Dewott, Floatzel and Zangoose took care of the other 2 E4 members), and 5 out 6 of Iris' dragons (again, Watchog took care of Lapras with Thunderbolt). Took down E4 once, and Iris, so in that game I'm exploring all of Unova. Training to take down Cynthia for the first time.

Here is the proof, I took it that same day;
Spoiler:

Sadly - no more shiny encounters since Mienfoo.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - back to challenges
Random Challenge - Badges: 7/8 - game: X - Location: Couriway Town
Random Challenge - Badges: 4/8 - game: Y - Location: Kalos Power Plant
50/50 Challenge - Badges 6/8 - Game Y - Location: Dendemille Town/Frost Cavern

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; August 10th, 2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: didn't realized I had a made a slight mistake all this time, she was level 84 not 74 when i typed the message. My bad.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links