Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page I Choose You! -The Starter Pokemon Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 6th, 2013 (07:13 AM).

I personally would have loved to see Torterra with a mega evolution. I loved how as he evolved the scenery on his back got more elaborate and would have loved to see what they would have done with it if he went Mega.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (10:47 AM).

Username Viniciojr12
Partner oshawott
Currently topic I like all 3 starters but my fave is Froakie because of his evolution is just too badass. I love greninja because of his unique water and dark typing. chesnaught is alright. delphox is great too.

I'm glad to be here
Old December 25th, 2013 (12:50 AM).
Just keep swimming...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with it's mega evolution?
I choose Bulbasaur, and man, I'm impressed with how Mega Venusaur looks, despite of getting minor change, also because I heard its Mega ability can make it resist to some certain move types that I find it handy.
Old December 30th, 2013 (11:02 PM).
i'm a squid
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with it's mega evolution?

I picked Charmander, and even though I never loved Charizard a lot in the past I was happy I picked it because Mega Charizard X saved my life in a lot of battles plus his ability is really good because it makes his physical attacks hit even harder. Given my Kalos starter was Froakie, it made good synergy as well, since Charizard was able to cover most stuff my Greninja struggled with and vice versa.
Old January 5th, 2014 (04:58 AM).
The Jewel Pokemon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Username: Avishka
Partner: Charmander <33

I would choose either charmander or bulbasaur mostly bcuz of their design ...i don't have X/Y yet D:

aand Thick Fat...that's a weird name for ability :p

Old January 5th, 2014 (05:36 PM).
& having to receive it

For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with its mega evolution?
I chose Charmander, and yes, I was impressed. I was impressed with both of its mega-evolution. Personally, though, Charizard Y would have to be my most favorite out of the two. It's got an amazing looking design, and it's able to perform quite decently when battling. I love it. Charizard X is not that bad in terms of competitiveness, but design-wise, I'm not too fond of it.
Old January 9th, 2014 (12:44 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Username: MIAU
Partner: Cleo the Snivy - she was my first starter ♥
Answer to current topic:

For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with its mega evolution?

I chose Charmander, because he's my favorite Kanto starter, and he also has my favorite Mega evolutions out of the three (four?). I actually can't chose which one I like more, Mega Charizard X or Mega Charizard Y, because they're so different. Where X looks rough and rowdy, Y is more sleek, with the slimmer figure and elegant wings. Battle-wise, I can't compare, since I only played X, but I feel like Mega Charizard Y would perform better due to its very high Sp. Atk.
Old January 10th, 2014 (08:50 PM).
Like I said, I'm a Greninja

Username: AGreninjaNamedKaeru
Partner: Froakie
Answer to current topic: I picked Charmander and Woah! Mega Charizard Y doesn't look as good as the X version, but it is a badass that don't take no crap from nobody!
Old January 10th, 2014 (09:57 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Relaxed
  • Username(nickname): Dragon_Trainer (X)
  • Partner(choose a starter from the list): I choose Torchic!
  • Answer to current topic:
    For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with its mega evolution?: I haven't played X/Y yet but I would surely pick Bulbasaur! It's been my favorite Kanto starter.......... I am quite impressed with Mega Venusaur as it looks like a whole flower garden with amazing power! GO VENUSAUR!!

By XVaporeon!
Click on the banner above to be redirected to the Dragon Pokemon Club!
All lovers of Dragon Pokemon welcome

Old January 11th, 2014 (08:36 AM).

Username: Magikarp From Hell
Partner: from the list): Bulbasaur
Answer to current topic
I picked Bulbasaur because it's my favourite. I wasn't impressed though with his mega, because it has
hardly changed. I'm gonna go for Mega Blastoise. Everyone picks Charizard or Venusaur but I like Mega Blastoise as well.

Looking for: Non-Us Tentacool

Old January 11th, 2014 (09:23 AM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Have you ever ditched your starter at the beginning of a game?

I have but never on a first playthrough of a game. I've played through so much R/S/E that ditching my starter is something I do often now, given how many times I've already used them.

I chose Squirtle and didn't evolve him past Wartortle because I love the second stage. None of the mega evolutions really impress me enough to use on my team but I have grown fond of mega Venusaur for some reason even though its design isn't too different from the original. I love how bulky he becomes. :)
Old January 17th, 2014 (07:00 AM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Have you ever ditched your starter at the beginning of a game?

My god, I never do that! My starter is very precious to me and I always keep it along with me unless it is a Grass Type. I can't stand Grass types ><

May I post a new topic (The Old one still remains active Mind you!):
Which Generation had the best starter Pokemon in terms of:
1. Moves and Stats
2. Appearance
3. Evolutionary line
4. Mega Evolution
Answer any one or all if you want

By XVaporeon!

Old January 17th, 2014 (04:37 PM).
& having to receive it

Which Generation had the best starter Pokemon?
In terms of appearance, I'd say generation one. I loved all starters that were introduced here, especially Squirtle. Gen. six would have to be the second. Competitive-wise, generation three had the best starters, in my opinion. Blaziken and Sceptile had amazing offensive stats, and were able to make great sweepers for almost any of your teams. Swampert was good defensively. Once you had it out on the field, your opponent would always have a hard time taking it down.
Old January 17th, 2014 (08:03 PM).
i'm a squid
Crystal Tier

Appearance-wise, I'd say 6th Gen. Kalos really won me over starter-wise lately, especially with the whole RPG theme with their designs. I have used Delphox and Greninja but not Chesnaught yet, but yeah I do love all three. Plus I love how they finally ended up part Fighting, Psychic and Dark. It was the type trio that was once rumored for 4th Gen's starters so yeah nice call back there. Competitive-wise it would have to be 1st Gen, given the new uses they got thanks to their Mega Evolutions.
Old January 18th, 2014 (02:57 AM).
the pretender

Nature: Lax

Appearance wise, I liked Gen I the most. The reptile theme was a pretty nice touch. Throw in a fire-breathing dragon, cannon-firing turtles and plant dinosaurs, you've got yourself a great set of starters. Plus, seeing as this was the start of the Pokemon series- you had all the room in the world for creativity. You didn't need to worry about unoriginal typings or uncreative designs. No more worrying about how the fans would complain about a new fire/fighting, no matter how cool it looked.

Battle wise- Gen 3 or 4. Take a look at what they've got. Blaziken and Infernape pretty much wreck anything in the time span of five seconds. Personally I love using Empoleon in-game while Torterra, Sceptile and Swampert aren't half bad either. Though none of the starters are bad battle-wise. They've all got their own potential. :D

For the evolutionary lines, I've never actually enjoyed the second stage evolutions. Don't get me wrong, they're decent Pokemon but their designs are so... strange. I mean it's the butter between the bread. Instead of going straight from cute to "roar I'm gonna eat your face monster" they threw something in between which took on the appearance of both. Still cute but slightly more intimidating. I just didn't really like any of them unfortunately. However based on first and final evolutions, I liked Gen 6 the most. :]

Overall, I think the best starters were either the original, third gen or sixth. Personal preference though. :D
Old January 18th, 2014 (03:02 AM).

Quote originally posted by Viniciojr12:
Username Viniciojr12
Partner oshawott
Currently topic I like all 3 starters but my fave is Froakie because of his evolution is just too badass. I love greninja because of his unique water and dark typing. chesnaught is alright. delphox is great too.

I'm glad to be here
Water-dark typing is not unique at least the Carvanha line has it too.
Old January 18th, 2014 (09:53 AM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Which Generation had the best starter Pokemon in terms of:
1.Appearance
I shall answer this one first.
I love the Design of Charmander, Mudkip and Torchic. I may be biased but I prefer Fire types in terms of appearance due to my attraction towards Orange. I also like how Mudkip looks with his cute fin on top. All in all All Pokemon except GEN V and GEN VI are cute. I don't like anyone after Gen IV to be honest..........

By XVaporeon!

Old January 20th, 2014 (01:27 PM).
Like I said, I'm a Greninja

Which Generation has the best starter Pokemon?
Honestly, I only started playing Pokemon in 2010 with Platinum, but i really like the Kalos starters. Greninja's Speed is great in battles, Chaesnaught has quite solid Defense and I haven't really used Delphox a lot. I love how they all look-especially Greninja XD
Old January 20th, 2014 (04:06 PM).
& having to receive it

Just going to toss a new topic here, if you guys don't mind. ^^" Would you like it if all starter Pokémon got alternative evolution forms? How do you think they would look?
Old January 20th, 2014 (06:57 PM).
Administrator
CS

Let me be the first to dive in and give you an answer. :D

Would you like it if all starter Pokémon got alternative evolution forms? How do you think they would look?

Are you speaking of megas? If yes, I honestly half-expected each of them to be given one given how the first generation starters and Torchic got alternate forms. At the very least I hope that Sceptile and Swampert receive the mega treatment as it only seems fair with Blaziken having gotten some spotlight in that regard.

Starters are, generally, pretty underrated in the competitive battling scene but they're a staple of Pokemon as they're the first creatures you start your journey with. Mega evolutions could potentially give them more usability as far as competitive battling goes. Would be a great opportunity to cover some of their weaknesses and throw cooler abilities into the mix.
Old January 20th, 2014 (08:41 PM).
The Jewel Pokemon
Crystal Tier

Appearance wise, the original gen was the best. I like all the gen 1 starters especially Charmander.The second would be gen 6 ..they all are different from all the other gens imo... design wise.

Old January 23rd, 2014 (10:18 AM).
Platinum Tier

Username(nickname): ★Symbiosis★
Partner(choose a starter from the list): Turtwig
Answer to current topic: Charmander & Yes

Intel® Core™ i7-5960X (8-cores, 20MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.0 GHz w/ Turbo Boost) |
32GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz | 512GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ Titan Z graphics with 24GB total (2x 12GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
Dell UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD Monitor - UP3214Q | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Optical Gaming Mouse | Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset

Old January 23rd, 2014 (10:20 AM).
Shall Mote It Be!

Nature: Quiet
Username(nickname): Nneurotoxin
Partner(choose a starter from the list): Chimchar
Answer to current topic: Charmander & Yes

PokemonPlus | Pokemon World Online
Nneurotoxin x ★Symbiosis★
Old January 23rd, 2014 (11:06 AM).
Charizard evolved into..

• Username(nickname): Scraggyland(Mike)
  • Partner(choose a starter from the list): Charmander
  • Answer to current topic: I chose Charmander because Charizard is my favourite Pokémon and I am impressed with both it's mega evolutions, I love how they both look and how they both become a physical/special power house when holding Charizardite X or Y.
    Luckily for me, I have both stones!

friend codefriend safaripmvm
Old January 24th, 2014 (05:03 AM).
The Jewel Pokemon
Crystal Tier

welcome to the club guys! :3

Would you like it if all starter Pokémon got alternative evolution forms? How do you think they would look?
I'd love to Infernape and Delphox mega evolution tbh. Delphox might not gert one bcuz it's a new pokemon but an infernape mega evolution should be badass looking i want a badass infernape mega evolution.
and I'd like to see Sceptile and Swampert get a mmega evolution since blaziken got one.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links