• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Choose You! -The Starter Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years
What about Fire starters make them easier to bond with?

I don't know. Maybe its my personality. But when I take personality quizzes I always come out with something to do with Ice. Maybe for me it is just that they are really handy further down the road.

Sirfetch’d

I've been debating whether or not to join because 90% of the time I end up abandoning my starter Pokémon near the start of the journey to use something cooler instead, but I do like the Pokémon themselves so I think I'll sign-up!

Username(nickname): Ozzy!
Partner(choose a starter from the list): Twiggy the Turtwig! *shoves Everstone down throat*

What do I take into account whilst choosing them? Hmm... I think honestly it's just a case of which one I feel like using at the time haha. In Gen II I'll always choose Cyndaquil because Chikorita reminds me of something a friend should use rather than myself and the Totodile line is my least favourite in the game, but otherwise I'll usually just pick something random as long as I didn't use it the time before. I'll often end up picking the cuter ones and basing the whole decision on which will end up cutest as strength is never a huge issue for me with in-game teams and all the starters end up decent anyway (lol Meganium), so really it's just a case of whatever I feel like at the time haha.

And aren't the Sinnoh starters all just the cutest little things omg <333

Welcome to the club, cutie! I've noticed that a lot of people ditch their starters early, but I just can't bring myself to do so. I love using mine through the entire game because it is usually my strongest teammate and I just become too attached to it do box it and forget about it. I guess though it does make sense if none of the starters are appealing or if there are better Pokemon available early on of the same type.

I agree about the Sinnoh starters! They are absolutely adorable to me as well, but that only applies to their base form. I am not a fan at all of their final evolutions because none are visually appealing to me. They are wonderful in terms of stats and typings, but that is about it. In the end this is my least favorite group of final evolution starters outside of Unova.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What do you take into account when choosing your starter Pokemon?

Absolutely nothing. I'd close my eyes and play a game of roulette! I don't honestly know how I choose my starter Pokemon. Cuteness plays a big factor though. I don't like final evolutions that look awkward, out of place or intimidating. I don't like choosing Feraligatr for this reason. I also consider typing since there may be other essential types like fire and grass, that have already found a spot on my team. In that case, I then go for the water starter or ditch it early on and find a better one. There's a lot of things that come when choosing a starter but generally I'm not too fussed. :D

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years
Would this be a good topic Jelli?

If pokemon was real who would be your starter?

(P.S. You can wait to start this topic. But I think it would be a cool idea. And could you make a picture gallery fr the starters)

Sirfetch’d

If pokemon was real who would be your starter?

(P.S. You can wait to start this topic. But I think it would be a cool idea. And could you make a picture gallery fr the starters)

Not that you picked a bad topic, but I was thinking that the new topic could be about the newly revealed evos for the X&Y starters. Also, there are sprites of the starter Pokemon in the OP.

Anyways, new topic!

What are your thoughts on the newly revealed evolutions for the X&Y starters?

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years

The evolutions were not at all what I thought that they would look like. Fennekin looks more like a Fighting type then a psychic type now. And chespin just looks plain.(No offense do not like this design). And so far Froakie's evolution actually kinda stayed the same. I mean if Fennekin becomes fire/Fighting I will be really disappointed in Game Freak.

Edit:

Could I have another starter.(10th post)

If i can I want Piplup.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

WHAT DID THEY DO TO CHESPIN BRING THE CUTE ONE BACK >:[

It kinda looks like Pignite and Swadloon combined. I thought Chespin was absolutely adorable but upon seeing this, I'm slightly disappointed. Here's hoping that its final evolution is better. I mean its kinda cute but not what I was looking for. Standing up fox? I can hear the crowd calling fire/fighting which I honestly hope isn't the case. It looks similar to Fennekin and I think its okay. Surprisingly my least favourite got the best evolution of the bunch. I really appreciate Froakie's second evolution so I hope it gets a good final one as well. Right now I have mixed feelings on the new second evolutions, but then again that stage of starters, have never been my favourite. They've always looked strange to me. Overall 7/10 on what Gamefreak did with this cute bunch.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Username(nickname): Wind Heart
Partner(choose a starter from the list): Chimchar
Answer to current topic:

I think between all of these evolutions, I favor Fennekin's evolution more than anything else, because the design is nice, being the standing fox and all. I like Froakie's evo as well, and Chespin's evo kinda reminds me of Pignite's for some reason.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Username: ChucklesLucifer
Code:
[*user]chuckleslucifer [/*user]
Partner:
004.gif

Answer to current topic: I hate fennekins evolution so much

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Perdition Haze
Partner: Squirtle

I'm a big fan of Fennekin's evolution. It looks amazing to me. I'm expecting it to be used mostly as a physical-attacking Pokémon, and its type could be a combination of fire and dark. It has a great chance at turning out to be a fire/psychic Pokémon, too, since rumor has it that it's able to learn a few psychic-type moves before it fully evolves. Froakie's evolution doesn't look too bad, but it reminds me a lot about Toxicroak. I think its type could be water and rock. As for Chespin's evolution... I have to agree with Narnia on this one. xD It does look like a combination of Pignite and Swadloon. I'm guessing it'll have the energy to endure hundreds of hits, since it looks very bulky to me. Very, very bulky. Grass and ground would be an awesome combination for this little fellow.

Years

I love how good they all turned out, but I liked Froakie's one the best of the bunch. Makes me want to confirm they are doing a ninja theme with it, and Fennekin's was unexpected but pretty interesting concept as well, still hoping for a Fire/Psychic final evo. Chespin's one may look like a Grass-type Pignite at first, but it's really adorable and still hoping its final evo can save its fanbase. I like how interesting the starters have been getting lately so no wonder I warmed up to them quickly!

Sirfetch’d

For the new members, welcome to the club! I look forward to seeing your thoughts and opinions about starter Pokemon and I hope you all become active members here! I will update the OP ASAP with all of the new members and their partner Pokemon.

As for my thoughts on the starter evolutions, I love them. GF could not have done a better job on any of them. Chespin's evo is a bit reminiscent of Pignite, but I adore him. He is by far my favorite and I think he is just the cutest thing ever! I was a bit surprised that Fennekin's evo was bipedal, but regardless that thing looks AWESOME. I cannot wait to see what the final evolution in that family looks like because I am thoroughly impressed so far. I was also really impressed with Froakie's evolution because I wasn't too fond of Froakie himself, but that evolution really makes me consider choosing him as a starter. Overall I'd give this bunch a 10/10

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Thoughts on the new starter evolutions, hmm! I adore Froakie's and it's completely changed my mind on disliking the little frog, Fennekin's is nice but unimaginative, and Chespin's is... I don't even know lmao. My favourite of the three is definitely Froakie's due to the "I'm a ninja frog and I'm going to destroy you" vibe it has going on and then it's Fennekin's but that one just looks like a female Lucario to me. Then Chespin's obviously took inspiration from Pignite and looks... unique! At first I thought "oh my god what have they done to my poor Chespin", but I've gotten used to it now and I'm liking it a tad more. It looks like a sweet cheerful Pokémon and although it's not what I'd hoped for in the line I can see some potential in it. I wonder what the final forms will be though; some of them seem obvious right now but Chespin especially has completely left me guessing.

Sirfetch’d

Thoughts on the new starter evolutions, hmm! I adore Froakie's and it's completely changed my mind on disliking the little frog, Fennekin's is nice but unimaginative, and Chespin's is... I don't even know lmao. My favourite of the three is definitely Froakie's due to the "I'm a ninja frog and I'm going to destroy you" vibe it has going on and then it's Fennekin's but that one just looks like a female Lucario to me. Then Chespin's obviously took inspiration from Pignite and looks... unique! At first I thought "oh my god what have they done to my poor Chespin", but I've gotten used to it now and I'm liking it a tad more. It looks like a sweet cheerful Pokémon and although it's not what I'd hoped for in the line I can see some potential in it. I wonder what the final forms will be though; some of them seem obvious right now but Chespin especially has completely left me guessing.

Yeah, I can sorta picture the final evolutions for Froakie and Fennakin, but I have no idea whatsoever about Chespin's. Looking at it though and doing some thinking, I can possibly see it's final evolution looking something along the lines of Excadrill, but maybe Grass/Rock or Grass/Dark typed. However, that is just a guess because I can't think of anything else. Hopefully the final evolutions will be revealed soon because I don't think that I can wait any longer :D

Years

:(((( I don't like Fennekin's form but Chespin's is definitely the worst. It's too round and fat.. way too Pignite-reminiscent. Froakie's evolution looks absolutely amazing, though! My boyfriend is considering picking Fennekin now so if he does that I might just go with Froakie instead, as I don't have very high hopes for Chespin's final form anymore.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
Black dynamite - Ash is my real name (awesome right)? well i actually cop alot of pokemon jokes everytime i meet new people haha

treeco because leaf blade is awesome :D

i liked their initial look, but i was disapointed with chespin and fennekins evolve forms. froakie went from being my least favorite to my my most because i like where its evolutions are headed more. i'll have to see the final forms before i make up my mind on who to pick im really torn apart :/
chespin looks llike empoleon if it was a chestnut.

Sirfetch’d

Black dynamite - Ash is my real name (awesome right)? well i actually cop alot of pokemon jokes everytime i meet new people haha

treeco because leaf blade is awesome :D

i liked their initial look, but i was disapointed with chespin and fennekins evolve forms. froakie went from being my least favorite to my my most because i like where its evolutions are headed more. i'll have to see the final forms before i make up my mind on who to pick im really torn apart :/
chespin looks llike empoleon if it was a chestnut.

Welcome to the club, Ash! That is a really awesome name, haha. I bet you get a lot of attention from all of the Pokemon fans out there with a name like that. You should have picked Pikachu as a starter and it would have really been fitting ;D However, I love that you went with Treecko because he is amazing but then again, aren't all Hoenn starters? They are to me at least because that region is perfect and one of the main reasons is well....the starters are flawless. Anyways, enjoy your time in the club and I have updated the OP and added you and your little Treecko :D

Sirfetch’d

I have neglected this club lately because I have been so busy, but nevertheless I will post a new topic now.

Have you ever ditched your starter at the beginning of a game?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have, yes. Because I deliberately wanted to make a team without a strong starter pokémon. It was a challenge I gave myself and it was pretty fun :3

Sirfetch’d

I have, yes. Because I deliberately wanted to make a team without a strong starter pokémon. It was a challenge I gave myself and it was pretty fun :3

That is the reason that I have as well! I am currently playing Crystal and I decided before the first gym that I was going to ditch my starter Pokemon so I could see what it was like with more of a challenge. Needless to say, the first gym was much harder to beat but I was pretty pleased with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back