The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed Mirage Of Tales [Remake]

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old September 18th, 2013 (3:25 PM). Edited 5 Days Ago by Avara.
Author Of Tales

Nature: Brave

The main feature of my hack is that you can choose your own Career once you graduate from school. Each one will give you a different storyline and different sidequests - which all lead to the same fundamental events.
So, depending on the Career you choose, you'll experience the game's story completely differently! There are currently 7 Careers to choose from, but you may only take one. Choose wisely!

The Freelance Career

The simplest way to play the game; it's exactly what it sounds like.
You'll have no Boss to do things for and no HQ to report back to - you're just a lone Trainer trying to make a name for themselves.
If you'd like to play the game the way you'd play a normal Pokémon game, with absolutely no loyalties to anyone but yourself, this is the path best suited to you!

The Researcher Career

Join Avlar's Research team and become a Pokémon Researcher!
You'll be doing various missions like field work or collecting data for your Pokédex, and you'll even be whisked away to exclusive unexplored areas.
Do you have what it takes to work your way up to become a Pokémon Professor?

The Criminal Career

A new Gang has arrived in Avlar and they're causing all kinds of problems in the region with their antics.
Stealing Pokémon? Mugging people? Making mischievious plans? All part of your job, and the Gang will become your family.
If you always preferred playing on the side of the bad guys, this is the Career for you!

The Seeker Career

Seekers are a prestigious (or pretentious, depending on who you ask) group of famous Trainers.
Their main objective is to own as many rare or even Legendary Pokémon as they can to further their reputation and uphold their self-proclaimed "Elite" status.
If you love hunting for rare Pokémon, this is the path you'll like the most.

The Journalist Career (new!)

Employees of the Avlarian TV Station have a reputation for being gossip-hungry and will do anything to get a good story.
As a Journalist, your job is to hunt down all the well-known Trainers of the land to get insider info, and you'll get invites to all kinds of events for "work".
Who's to say you won't become more famous than the Trainers you're chasing along the way, though?

The Police Career (new!)

With so much going on in the region, there's no rest for the poor Officers at the Avlar Police Department.
Fighting crime, managing the Prison (or sending people there!), and detective work are just some of the things you'll get up to.
Will you be one of those cops who "turns a blind eye" to crime? Or will you abuse your position of authority to the point of hilarity for your own amusement? It's up to you!

The Ranger Career (new!)

Many Trainers have high hopes of joining the well-respected Ranger Union of Avlar.
After your intitial Academy-style training, your duties will involve protecting endangered Pokémon, taking care of the environment and helping the needy.
This Career will be your first choice if you want the mission-based gameplay, but without the "organisation" feel.

In addition to your chosen main Career, you can also take a Side-Career later in the game; these are "unlocked" through meeting certain conditions.
As with main Careers, you can only choose one! I am taking suggestions for Side-Careers for the remake, as the SCs here are the same as the original.

The Gym Leader Side-Career

Have you ever dreamed of running your very own Pokémon Gym? Now you can!
Defeating each of the eight Avlarian Gyms will prove you have what it takes.
You'll start off running the first Gym and work your way up until you become the final Gym Leader of the region!

The Breeder Side-Career

Many Trainers take their Pokémon to the qualified members of staff at the Pokémon Breeding Organisation.
Some people breed Pokémon for egg moves, IVs and more - you'll be doing it professionally!
If you're one who has the patience to hatch every Egg you can get your hands on, you'll have fun as a Breeder.

*NEW Side-Career to be announced! Watch this space!*

• A brand new region; and a brand new world. You are not in the typical Pokeverse anymore.
  • Multiple storylines, allowing you to choose your own experience.
  • Updated graphics for a higher-quality aesthetic.
  • In-game choices alter the chain of events, so consider every option carefully!
  • Completely custom OW/sprites for a fresh new look.
  • Up-to-date battle engine with Physical/Special Split and 4th+ Gen moves, thanks to MrDollSteak and the creators of the rom base.

Avara's favourite thing to do ever award, 2014-2016

*coming soon!*

No matter how hard you try, sometimes bugs can't be avoided.
This is not a GameFreak game, it is a mod. I am not a professional game developer, I do this for a hobby. Please remember this.
It will never be perfect, but I'm certainly going to give it my best shot.
If I get any comments related to anything mentioned below, I am not going to reply. Not to be rude, but for my own sanity! =P

• Mega Evolution is not working properly. It WILL glitch up, for example, if you Mega Evolve in a double battle. It currently works by pressing start and then A, if you have the correct keystone and megastone. I do not have the knowledge to fix the glitches in the code, tbh I'm just pleased with the fact that it's in and somewhat functional. Use Megas at your own risk but be well aware that it is shaky.
  • Not everything has a sprite just yet. I am not reusing sprites from the original as they were horrible, so I have to spend some time making new ones.

[CENTER]

This is a long list, so I'll attach it in a spoiler. If I have forgotten you, please let me know! I would never leave you out intentionally!

Spoiler:
  • MrDollSteak - Attack/Decap Rombase
  • Doesntknowhowtoplay - Physical/Special/Status Split
  • FBI, Darthatron, Jambo51, Hackmew - Various ASM
  • Touched - Mega Evolution
  • ep!c - Transparent Textboxes
  • DreamOrDestruction - For thinking of the name "Mirage Of Tales" which was way better than anything I could've come up with
  • Kagenosensei, Rafa, Zein, WesleyFG, ThatsSoWitty, Silver, Phyromatical, Kyledove, alexmad27, hek, thegreatblaid, Magiscarf, chaoticcherrycake, Alucus - Tiles
  • Xanathos, AnimeOverlord, Lady Prixy, Lucra, Nex, DJTiki, Infernal Desires, dhogan, cacelyn, SirBlastoise, ButteryButters, PlayBeck, dwsquirtle, DoYouKnowHowToPokemon, and so many more - For being awesome

Spoiler:

Q: Will you be adding "feature I absolutely need"? If "feature" isn't added, I'm not playing!
A: If it's not on the list of features in this post, then no, it won't be added. If you can't live without X feature, play a hack with X feature.

Q: Why does "problem" happen when I Mega Evolve? I didn't read what you said literally a few lines up in this post!
A: Unfortunately, I did not write the code for Megas, I poached it from someone else; tbh I am just grateful it exists. If the fixes are publicised, I will update.
Mega Evolution is not a "must have" feature for me at all, I added it for the wrong reasons looking back - because I didn't want to be annoyed when people inevitably asked if I was going to add it/why I wasn't going to add it.
Now that it's in I may as well use it, and try and understand what all the fuss is about! =)

Q: Where is Azradon?!
A: I haven't forgotten him! I plan to release a fakemon-free version and a special Azradon edition closer to the original. The former is what I'm going to work on first.

Coming soon!

~ Avara

Looking for a good mapper to help me with MoT. PM me if interested!

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 21st, 2013 (11:41 PM).
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
whoa, the ideas for this game sound so fantastic, I'm literally sitting here with my jaw open just thinking about it. I have a feeling that this game isn't going to come out for a while (due to the many routes one can take while playing), but it will be a good one. I wish you good luck on completing this game.
Old September 21st, 2013 (11:47 PM).
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
The idea is really interesting.
As I can see in the screenshots. The game looks good so far.
I like the way you map, but It's like a little less-life, sort of.
Oh well, another FireRed hack. People hack FireRed for easy
reasons, still I love 3rd gen better. Anyways, keep that up.
I'll be looking forward for the complete progress of the game.
Old September 22nd, 2013 (6:00 AM).
Author Of Tales

Thank you so much, i really appreciate the feedback.

How could I improve the maps?

Does anyone know if the name Fire Agate is taken by another hack? I've searched but can't find one.

Old September 22nd, 2013 (7:18 AM).
Silver Tier

Do you need a beta tester? This game sounds awesome
Old September 22nd, 2013 (12:58 PM).

Yeah this is one of the best ideas I've seen for a hack. Really can't wait to see an alpha or a beta. this is like some next level pokemon stuff, keep it up :D

Plus I'd be happy to be a beta tester as well
Old September 22nd, 2013 (1:49 PM).
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaramoon View Post
Thank you so much, i really appreciate the feedback.

How could I improve the maps?

Does anyone know if the name Fire Agate is taken by another hack? I've searched but can't find one.
No one has taken that name yet.
Old September 22nd, 2013 (10:37 PM).
Lurker Extraordinaire

Nature: Impish
The idea is a promising one. It will be interesting to see whether or not your vision bears satisfactory fruit (for you as well as us).

Good luck with this project.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (11:02 PM).

wow this hack is really look amazing :O
the story up to the player :o
this really new , hope you didn't stop in halfway cause i think it need much work to do

for the title maybe Pokemon : My Dream
since is up to player what career it want to be
wish you luck to finish this hack
Old September 24th, 2013 (12:05 AM).

Can't wait to see this rom in action

Cheers.
Old September 24th, 2013 (12:11 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Wow, the story sounds great. I am happy to be a beta tester if you need any.
Old September 24th, 2013 (6:23 PM).
Shop Owner of Kourindou
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
This sounds like this is gonna be quite awesome with the different decisions that one can make. For a name what about Pokemon:Mirage Of Tales or Pokemon: Book Of Dreams or something another. Heh anyways, im looking forward to the game hope you finish this project. If you need a beta tester I would gladly lend assistance so anyways good luck.

"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."

Old September 25th, 2013 (7:36 AM).
Author Of Tales

Ooh, I like mirage of tales. Thank you! It's going well so far, but at the moment I only have events that can go one or two ways, and I'm trying to make them go more ways in newer scripts if that makes sense haha

Old September 26th, 2013 (10:02 PM).
Rawr

Nature: Naive
I have a feeling that this is gonna be a really awesome hack Good Luck on making this hack! :D

Old September 27th, 2013 (10:23 PM).
Kik: spazzyda59

Nature: Hasty
I like the mapping it's simple yet elegant and the storyline seems good ! best of luck
Old October 17th, 2013 (6:20 PM).
Shop Owner of Kourindou
Silver Tier

Hmm is progress still going on for this hack as it has a lot of potential. I hope it doesn't end up being scrapped or something it would be waste. If not I can't wait until you have something to show for your effort.

"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."

Old October 18th, 2013 (8:21 AM).

According to me story is very good
Old October 18th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
Dragon Master

Nature: Calm
Seems different but i it like cant wait to check it out and al so good job on your first hack
Old October 19th, 2013 (6:56 AM).
Author Of Tales

Working on it as we speak! =) I am planning to release an alpha soon. Not a short alpha though, I only want to have like 1 alpha release 1 beta release then the final release rather than having 37636 betas.

Alpha will go up to the 5th Gym (if you want to do the gyms) or if youre not interested in doing the gyms the alpha will stop after an area called Verlume Villas.

Hope to have a release nxt week once its perfect and I add a few more trainers in =)

Old October 19th, 2013 (9:40 PM).
Great Pokémon Reject

I wonder if I can create multiple saves for all of the different routes :p

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, Fat Kid, Eclipse, Cyan, and TLZ: Sacred Paradox. (These either have large banners or none at all)
DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) (hoping that Lilac comes back) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.
I'm often not on, but when I am, I show my support in likes :-D
Summer is here... and I'll seldom show up :p

Old October 22nd, 2013 (4:43 AM).

I love this hack idea, will definitely play once the alpha is out.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 22nd, 2013 (5:16 AM).
Wataru's Dragon Protege

Nature: Sassy
This sounds awesome I hope I can be a tester for the rom and play it when you get it launched!

Pokemon X FC: 3668-9199-6474
Old October 22nd, 2013 (7:44 PM).
Elite Saiyan

I will keep an eye on this one. Great concept. I hope it will turn out well. I hope you won't drop a great hack as the others did.

Vegetto: "Kakarrot and Vegeta have been combined, so I guess that makes me Vegetto."

Old October 23rd, 2013 (7:39 AM).
Author Of Tales

You can create multiple saves, but the storylines all do lead to the same events in the end. You're able to do all the careers to a certain extent, so just because you do one of them doesn't mean you wont be able to do others, if that makes sense.

Old October 23rd, 2013 (2:32 PM).
Great Pokémon Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaramoon View Post
You can create multiple saves, but the storylines all do lead to the same events in the end. You're able to do all the careers to a certain extent, so just because you do one of them doesn't mean you wont be able to do others, if that makes sense.
so, one has the potential to do all 3 jobs? that is so epic
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links