Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 6th, 2014 (09:45 PM).
modern life is rubbish
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Anyways, how do you guys feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?

I'm okay with it, even if it resulted in some Normal-types completely exchanging for Fairy-type such as Clefairy, Togepi and Snubbull lines. The former two suit Fairy while Snubbull's line is a mixed bag, but I apparently found out it was based on the Cù Sìth which means "dog fairy". Audino wasn't really a fairy but more of a rabbit if memory serves me right, so it was definitely appropriate to keep its pure Normal typing. Celebi looked fairy-like but I'm still fine with it keeping its current typing. Still cute nonetheless.

The one that I still don't understand is Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime. They don't look very fairy-like at all.
Old February 6th, 2014 (10:49 PM).
Fairy type Pokemon rule

Nature: Quiet
Anyways, how do you guys feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?

Some Fairy looking Pokemon should have had the Fairy type added to there typing. It would be like having a fish like Goldeen and it not being Water type. Plus the more Fairy type Pokemon the happier I would be. So long story short I am not happy about it.
Old February 7th, 2014 (11:10 PM).
Thespian Punk

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Quilly
Cool, I love the Fairy-type. I'd like to join if I could.

Username: Quilly.
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott.
Why you like Fairies: I have been waiting for Pokémon to release a new type ever since Gen. IV, and I'll have to admit that when I first found out that the new type would be Fairy, I kind of raged a bit. But then, after a few months, I warmed up to the idea. I missed out on using a Fairy-type on my first playthrough of Y, but when I got X, I used an Aromatisse, and dear God that thing is a total beast. I've come to love Fairy-types from a casually competitive point of view; they have awesome battle properties, a much needed advantage over Dragon-types, and a lot of the Pokémon have nice designs. I also think they got very creative with some of the Pokémon they retconned to be Fairy-type, and that's cool and all too. I never would've seen Mawile as a Fairy until Nintendo changed it.
Answer a Topic! What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why? Well, that's debatable, because Gardevoir and Whimsicott are my favorite Psychic and Grass-types respectively, but Aromatisse is my favorite pure Fairy-type. I guess it comes down to which of those three Pokémon are higher on my favorite Pokémon list, which is Whimsicott. I've loved Whimisicott since Gen. V, where it was a total beast. Adding the Fairy-type to it only adds to its potential, and makes it an even better battler. In fact, thanks to Poké Bank, I have my original Whimsicott from Black, and it's even better than it was before, which is saying something because it was the best Pokémon on my team in Black, and that was with one-dimensional typing.

I have a lot of answers to some of the topics, but it's late and I have to be up for work in the morning, so expect some more contributions in a few days!
Old February 8th, 2014 (05:46 PM).
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
I laughed too hard at this

I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old February 9th, 2014 (04:33 PM).
& having to receive it

Oh, wow, that's hilarious. xD How does jingling some keys supposed to scare you? I mean, it could get annoying at times, but still. Haha.

Spoiler:
Old February 10th, 2014 (02:11 AM).
Fairy type Pokemon rule

I have always liked this picture.
Spoiler:

I like how all the big bad dragons have been destroyed a cute fairy.
Old February 10th, 2014 (07:47 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Quilly:
Cool, I love the Fairy-type. I'd like to join if I could.

Username: Quilly.
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott.
Why you like Fairies: I have been waiting for Pokémon to release a new type ever since Gen. IV, and I'll have to admit that when I first found out that the new type would be Fairy, I kind of raged a bit. But then, after a few months, I warmed up to the idea. I missed out on using a Fairy-type on my first playthrough of Y, but when I got X, I used an Aromatisse, and dear God that thing is a total beast. I've come to love Fairy-types from a casually competitive point of view; they have awesome battle properties, a much needed advantage over Dragon-types, and a lot of the Pokémon have nice designs. I also think they got very creative with some of the Pokémon they retconned to be Fairy-type, and that's cool and all too. I never would've seen Mawile as a Fairy until Nintendo changed it.
Answer a Topic! What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why? Well, that's debatable, because Gardevoir and Whimsicott are my favorite Psychic and Grass-types respectively, but Aromatisse is my favorite pure Fairy-type. I guess it comes down to which of those three Pokémon are higher on my favorite Pokémon list, which is Whimsicott. I've loved Whimisicott since Gen. V, where it was a total beast. Adding the Fairy-type to it only adds to its potential, and makes it an even better battler. In fact, thanks to Poké Bank, I have my original Whimsicott from Black, and it's even better than it was before, which is saying something because it was the best Pokémon on my team in Black, and that was with one-dimensional typing.

I have a lot of answers to some of the topics, but it's late and I have to be up for work in the morning, so expect some more contributions in a few days!
Well thank ya so much for joining, and I can't wait to hear more from ya! Whimsicott is a total beast. When Fairy got added into it it really DID change up the field for Whimsicott to shine in the top tiers all over again. And glad to hear you got yours back from Black!

These pictures are hysterical by the way. xD
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old February 12th, 2014 (02:27 PM).
"La la la la la la"

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
How do you feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?

It really annoys me that Snubull and Granbull are fairies they look like football hooligans rather than fairies.

Mr Mime is another one, he looks like someone parents tell their kids to stay away from and Aromatisse and Slurpuff are utterly repulsive, both having the apperence of fat middle aged women from a economically deprived town.

Profile ---------------------------MyAnimeList---------------------------Twitter
Old February 12th, 2014 (04:34 PM).
& having to receive it

Thought I'd start a new topic here, haha. I hope you don't mind, Jelli! Anyway, here it goes. If you were to give pre-evolved form to any fairy-type, which would you select? Why? How would you want this Pokémon to look?
Old February 13th, 2014 (01:44 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Hello hello! I swear I will slow down on the amount of clubs I'm joining!! .__.

But I adore fairy types!

Username: Shhmew
Partner Pokemon: Wigglytuff
Why you like Fairies: They're always either super adorable or super beautiful. And those are the type of Pokemon I like best! Plus the typing is very nice and helpful to have in your team. I like the balance it brings too, calming down dragon types and giving poison types a little more usefulness.

By the way, my favorite fairy type is probably Sylveon, though I wanted to be original so I chose another I really like, Wigglytuff. :D

I'm afraid I don't understand the current topic though. Do you mean, choose a fairy type to give a pre-evolution to? Because that seems pretty limited, considering most already have a pre-evolution or already have 3 in their line.

I guess Carbink though :D that might be cute.
Old February 15th, 2014 (09:46 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Nymphadora:
Thought I'd start a new topic here, haha. I hope you don't mind, Jelli! Anyway, here it goes. If you were to give pre-evolved form to any fairy-type, which would you select? Why? How would you want this Pokémon to look?
Of course not! ^u^
This place is all welcoming to any discussion (new or old) about the little fairies!

Quote originally posted by Shhmew:
Hello hello! I swear I will slow down on the amount of clubs I'm joining!! .__.

But I adore fairy types!

Username: Shhmew
Partner Pokemon: Wigglytuff
Why you like Fairies: They're always either super adorable or super beautiful. And those are the type of Pokemon I like best! Plus the typing is very nice and helpful to have in your team. I like the balance it brings too, calming down dragon types and giving poison types a little more usefulness.

By the way, my favorite fairy type is probably Sylveon, though I wanted to be original so I chose another I really like, Wigglytuff. :D

I'm afraid I don't understand the current topic though. Do you mean, choose a fairy type to give a pre-evolution to? Because that seems pretty limited, considering most already have a pre-evolution or already have 3 in their line.

I guess Carbink though :D that might be cute.
Well don't slow down for us! Post as much as you'd like, here. c:
Wigglytuff is indeed adorable. It's one of my favorites when in Pokemon Amie! And Sylveon is completely amazing, as are ALL of the Fairies, but it takes the cake in many ways.
So welcome to our club! Please feel free to discuss the Fairy type and it's Pokemon all you wish! (pictures (that are appropriate to our site) are always fun and welcomed)
#427 Buneary
babies l blog
Old February 16th, 2014 (05:44 PM).
ニンフィア

WAT why I no here sooner? D:

Username:
Strawberry
Partner Pokemon:
Why you like Fairies:
Because they're perfect in all ways, duh. Not only do they serve as the ultimate check to dragons, but many of them have, in my opinion, beautiful if not immaculate designs. A lot of the re-typed Pokemon fit flawlessly into the fairy typing, and they seem to just "work" for me. Fairy Pokemon touch on many of the things I felt were missing from the Pokemon world, like a sense of balance and femininity-- in a masculine way. ;) I discovered how much Pokemon can still impact and surprise me after so many years; and I respect that.
Answer a Topic!:
How do you feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?
The way I see it, the Fairy type is still in beta. There were so many Dark/Steel Pokemon released and retyped after Gen II, there's no way we've seen the end of current Pokemon gaining a fairy typing. Not to mention the potential for new Baby/Mega Pokemon. One opportunity I thing they missed was Cresselia. That Pokemon fits the Fae class perfectly, yet sadly it remains Psychic. Hopefully that will be fixed, haha. Another one is Cherrim. Its sunny disposition makes it a great potential addition to the Fairy type. Honorable mentions go to Musharna, Lopunny, Mantine, Mienshao, Audino, Roserade, and Lapras.
The end. :) ٩꒰ಂ❛ ▿❛ಂ꒱۶♡
a&d
gallery
friend code
dream address
gpxplus
clubstuck
club fae
mayor club
credit
Old February 16th, 2014 (09:40 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Strawberry:
WAT why I no here sooner? D:

Username:
Strawberry
Partner Pokemon:
Why you like Fairies:
Because they're perfect in all ways, duh. Not only do they serve as the ultimate check to dragons, but many of them have, in my opinion, beautiful if not immaculate designs. A lot of the re-typed Pokemon fit flawlessly into the fairy typing, and they seem to just "work" for me. Fairy Pokemon touch on many of the things I felt were missing from the Pokemon world, like a sense of balance and femininity-- in a masculine way. ;) I discovered how much Pokemon can still impact and surprise me after so many years; and I respect that.
Answer a Topic!:
The way I see it, the Fairy type is still in beta. There were so many Dark/Steel Pokemon released and retyped after Gen II, there's no way we've seen the end of current Pokemon gaining a fairy typing. Not to mention the potential for new Baby/Mega Pokemon. One opportunity I thing they missed was Cresselia. That Pokemon fits the Fae class perfectly, yet sadly it remains Psychic. Hopefully that will be fixed, haha. Another one is Cherrim. Its sunny disposition makes it a great potential addition to the Fairy type. Honorable mentions go to Musharna, Lopunny, Mantine, Mienshao, Audino, Roserade, and Lapras.
The end. :) ٩꒰ಂ❛ ▿❛ಂ꒱۶♡
Idk why DID it take you so long? >3>

But glad to see you here! Cresselia's leave out did leave me in a little fit, I'll admit. ;n;
They did somewhat make it up by throwing in Mawile and Whimsicott, so I'll give them that much.
I love that you touched on the femininity a lot of the fairy types had. While they of course had Pokemon that were feminine before, I feel like this typing just really catered to the lack of feminine things within Pokemon.

Again glad to see you here and feel free to post as often as you'd like!

While I'm at it:

Diancie was revealed and confirmed just recently as a Rock/Fairy type Pokemon, as well as having an actual connection to Crabink as a sudden mutation of a Carbink. What are your thoughts and speculations on Diancie's mysterious origins and purpose?
#427 Buneary
babies l blog
Old February 17th, 2014 (10:07 PM).

Nature: Gentle
Cresselia would have been lovely as a fairy. I was personally pretty sad Mew didn't get the fairy typing

A mutation of Carbink huh? I have absolutely no idea what that could mean in terms of in-game mechanics. Diancie is very pretty though.
Old February 20th, 2014 (04:21 PM).
Fairy type Pokemon rule

Diancie was revealed and confirmed just recently as a Rock/Fairy type Pokemon, as well as having an actual connection to Crabink as a sudden mutation of a Carbink. What are your thoughts and speculations on Diancie's mysterious origins and purpose?

I don't know but I can't wait to find out.
Old February 21st, 2014 (12:32 AM).
& having to receive it

What are your thoughts and speculations on Diancie's mysterious origins and purpose?
Perhaps Team Flare's got something to do with this? They've got five expert scientists, who were perhaps doing some experimental things on Carbink to see if it could mega-evolve? The experiment might have gone wrong, and in result, you've got yourself a Diancie. d: Personally, I love this Pokémon. It looks pretty adorable!
Old February 22nd, 2014 (07:32 AM).
Soul Resonance Technician

Nature: Adamant
Username: Ghost Tamer Tommy [asked for a change to Haunted Cupcake]

Partner Pokemon: Slurpuff [Shiny that i MMed]

Why you like Fairies: Becuase i am a fairy myself of course.And who can say no to the jigglyness of slurpuff!!!

Answer a Topic!: Diancie i think its just an elaborate carbink.
Old February 22nd, 2014 (03:55 PM).
Protect his very soul.

How do you guys feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?
Victini and Celebi seem more like Fairy type rather than Psychic type. The Lake trio are tiny and fit the trope as well. They represent something, like victory, the voice of the forest, and the emotions. Cresselia is the embodiment of sweet dreams and looks iridescent. If they're going to introduce a new typing this late in the franchise, they should have added a few more...

She bathed in the moonlight and mutated into their princess, I don't know! And yet, Carbink are genderless.

Old February 23rd, 2014 (03:17 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Community Supporter

Not a big surprise actually, I remember reading somewhere (maybe here?) someone speculate that Carbink is to Diancie what Phione is to Manaphy, i.e. Diancie could breed to produce Carbink, but Carbink cannot evolve into Diancie. Though unlikely, since Carbink can already be found in the while, when you think about it, they can actually breed, so why wouldn't Diancie? Unless it loses the ability to breed upon evolution sudden mutation.

And well, I like Lilith's idea, bathing in the moonlight sounds very fairy-like. Maybe it was a special event that happened only once because of special circumstances?
#300 Skitty
clubs anime avatar
Old February 23rd, 2014 (04:32 AM).

or being a rock she was formed under the earth after x amount of years being compressed like a diamond?
Old February 23rd, 2014 (10:52 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Community Supporter

Oooh actually, that's not that far off, Tommy, since according to the 'dex, Carbink sleep in the ground for hundreds of millions of years before being dug up. Diancie should have been underground for at least a billion years -- the minimum amount of time for a natural diamond to be formed.
#300 Skitty
clubs anime avatar
Old February 24th, 2014 (10:37 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Haunted Cupcake:
Username: Ghost Tamer Tommy [asked for a change to Haunted Cupcake]

Partner Pokemon: Slurpuff [Shiny that i MMed]

Why you like Fairies: Becuase i am a fairy myself of course.And who can say no to the jigglyness of slurpuff!!!

Answer a Topic!: Diancie i think its just an elaborate carbink.
Goooosh I'm so late so sorry about that. ;A;
Glad to see another Slurpuff lover! He's just so cute and I always have this image of him helping a baker in a small town bakery carrying flour and then tripping and spilling it everywhere and everyone has a good laugh and giggles. <3

I'm wondering about Diancie: Maybe she's actually a resullt of a piece of the Anistar Sundial colliding with a Carbink. The thing itself is said to be from another world, maybe a piece broke off before it collided with Earth, and upon landing it's power and the power of the legendary Pokemon caused a mutation?
#427 Buneary
babies l blog
Old February 25th, 2014 (08:11 AM).
ニンフィア

Has the idea that Diancie is Carbink's mega evolution been debunked yet? I heard speculation, but I have no idea if it has any standing.
a&d
gallery
friend code
dream address
gpxplus
clubstuck
club fae
mayor club
credit
Old February 25th, 2014 (11:10 AM).

Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:

Goooosh I'm so late so sorry about that. ;A;
Glad to see another Slurpuff lover! He's just so cute and I always have this image of him helping a baker in a small town bakery carrying flour and then tripping and spilling it everywhere and everyone has a good laugh and giggles. <3

I'm wondering about Diancie: Maybe she's actually a resullt of a piece of the Anistar Sundial colliding with a Carbink. The thing itself is said to be from another world, maybe a piece broke off before it collided with Earth, and upon landing it's power and the power of the legendary Pokemon caused a mutation?
Better late than never hahaha no worries. and i would so be the baker in that scenario hahaha

I can't wait till the movie is here then we can know about Diancie. all this speculation is driving me mad hahaha.
Old February 25th, 2014 (11:51 AM).
Mokona is Mokona!

Nature: Timid
It's really mysterious how Carbink and Diancie are tied together so I'd love to know more about them. :3 Kind of gives me a Clefairy and Clefable vibe for some reason though haha, now that Lilith mentioned "moonlight." Though I'm a fan of Peitharchia's experimentation idea as well; choices, choices. Definitely going to have to watch this movie.

But yeah, there are a few small legends who seem to be more fairy-looking than whatever their current types are, especially Celebi.
Burnin’ up, we love, trust in it

cool | family | my star | twin | credit
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links