• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special scanlations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph1shf00d

4chan Mudkip trainer
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    I'm wondering if making them would be illegal. I have volumes 1-19 right now and am expecting to get 20-22 in a bit. I kind of grew up with this series and would love to see it gain more popularity, so I thought it would be a good idea to do scanlations. Mine are all in Korean, though, but fortunately, I'm fluent enough to read and understand them (and if my translation skills are off, my parents could correct me). I've seen scans around, but no scanlations.

I'd just like some opinions before starting anything. Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Good idea, I think we all would be very happy if you could scanlate some of the volumes 8 and higher.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    We really would. @_@; I wish I could read some other langauge. Ii'd scanlate too. XD

I think as long as it's for this community, it should be all right. o-o;

enyce

banned
    Years
  • All scanlations really, were never legal, but people don't cease doing that because of that reason. They do it for the fans around the world, who can't enjoy the series, due to it being in another language, not for sale in the country, etc... Like, Inane and Shannanro (these are groups) does naruto. Manga 7 does bleach.

This site, allowed Nicole B to do scans of the poke special 1-7 (well, thats the extent of her scanning) so I dont see a problem with you doing the same. Eh?? It would be rather hypocritical if they didn't allow you.

If it doesn't work out on this site, I can PM a few sites, that would gladly accept your project. You might have to tell them, it's more mature, than the pokemon they may be thinking of. People might down it becuase it's pokemon.

(Seeing as, I have been looking for poke special. I haven't found much to any luck)

enyce

banned
    Years
  • The current chapters of Naruto arent in the U.S.A ^_^

We're on 326 scanlation wise ^_^

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • I'm wondering if making them would be illegal. I have volumes 1-19 right now and am expecting to get 20-22 in a bit. I kind of grew up with this series and would love to see it gain more popularity, so I thought it would be a good idea to do scanlations. Mine are all in Korean, though, but fortunately, I'm fluent enough to read and understand them (and if my translation skills are off, my parents could correct me). I've seen scans around, but no scanlations.

I'd just like some opinions before starting anything. Thanks in advance.

You have hoenn volumes in Korean?! Cool! Korean names of Hoenn Gymleaders and other signicifiant characters (like Team Admins, Leaders and some others), please! I need them! I have all Korean names except Hoenn!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    If you look here, you can see that they have been scanlated by nicoleb, so people have read them.

But yeah, scanlation of Pokemon special is basically at a halt. It's a shame, I read all of nicoleb's scanlations in one night (i found them zipped on another site), and then I realised that I'm stuck without anymore :(

However, you have some competition - http://www.zomgfta.com/ are currently up to the 95th chapter of the manga.

But good luck to you anyway.

Phatkav

Zero Creativity
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    If you have free time in your hand then post the scantlations.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    Maybe ph1shf00d's busy translating the volumes for scanlation:\ ? But seriously dude/dudette, if it's possible please scanlate the johto and hoenn volumes:'(

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2011
    You'd rise to fame like Nicoleb did X_X. Anyway, it would get a pretty positive response over here, and if you did volume 8+ it'd be great for everyone. But don't go to Serebii, they're very uptight about this sort of thing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I could help if you go through with it. I'm Korean so yeah, I could help.

Of course, if you do decide to Scanslate it, I think it would be best if you start with 15+, actually. As zomgfta is already working on the GSC volumes, and we already have the RGB/Y volumes, so starting out with RS/FRLG/Battle Frontier might be the way to go.

Also, I haven't read it in Korean, but for the names, are they any different? Is Red 'Red', or 'Bbar-Gahn'? >_>

If you go with the volumes involving Green and Blue, could you have Green as Red's rival and Blue as the girl that stole Squirtle?

Yeah...

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Where'd it say that? >_>

And uh, *increases the characters so I can actually post*...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back