• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Neglected Pokemon...

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
Years
  • Here's a little topic where we can talk about some older Pokemon that just dont get talked about very much anymore... that deserve some more respect... here are a few that I can think of..

Tangela - Really great grass type... not talked about much
    Kangaskahn (sp?) - Really strong normal type... but so neglected I forgot how to spell it!
    Magmar - Great fire type, not mentioned much
    Ditto - Awesome little guy...
    Porygon - Still has some fans... but it was only in one episode.. wasnt even aired here though
    Rapidash - Really fast pretty horse... but pretty neglected
    Tauros - Fast bull guy.. only actually starred in an episode that was banned from here...

If you know any others... or want to comment on some, go ahead,,

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Why would they ban an episode? Are the laws in America really that freaking strict? What could be so bad in Pokemon...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • The reason that ep was banned was a stupid one; the Safari Zone warden pointed a gun at people. Omigod, ban Looney Toons.

You don't see Diglett or Dugtrio ever. That's probably because, being perpetually bound to the ground, they are quite limited.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • (game wise:)

-dugtrio does come up once in awhile... however they're so weak to quick attack they're dropping in popularity

-Tauros: appears very rarely... mostly due to lack of moves. It can learn earthquake, return and... and... what else for physical attack?

-Magmar: replaced by Blaziken pretty much...

-Rapidash: awesome stats, but it can learn 0 moves

-Tangela: grass types are rarely used, and a grass type with no movepool is used even less

-Porygon2: more powerful than you think... so darn annoying that it can be that endurable (then again, my sense of judgement in a battle is close to the worst you can get on NB)

-Ditto: completely... useless...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • There are a lot of pokemon that nobody has ever cared about...stuff like Farfetch'd, Tauros, Tangela, Omastar, Dunsparce (best pokemon ever), Mantine, Swalot, Chimecho, Huntail/Gorebyss (even I forget about those two), and a few others that no one EVER hears about...the poor creatures at the bottom of the popularity barrel...you never see little kids with Dunsparce shirts or Chimecho lunch-boxes ;_;

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • :( No one ever talks about my Beloved Seadra and Vulpix anymore.. nor do they with Ampharos.. or...that other thing..

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Seadra was so awesome back in the day ;_; Seadra would still be cool to everyone if it weren't for that blasted Kingdra... *leers angrily at Kingdra*

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Kingdra is a Disgrace to Horsea and Seadra...It's Discolored and looked like it Smoked pot, or has been in a Sauna all Day. Plus it's stats are too High, and It's huge!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • And on top of it all, it's just so darned hard to get! You have to have the King's Rock AND a willing trading partner, which has always been pretty hard to come by...

Taz

Trainer in Progress
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 6, 2004
    Beedrill...

No-one loves the bug expect for me :P

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Seadra wasn?t nearly as usable in RBY as Kingdra was in GSC and RS though.

*walks out* Don?t you need a dragon scale for Kingy? @_@

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
  • Ha, you want neglected? Poliwhirl!!!
    I'm lookin' around sites, and I've noticed this forever, WHY does poliwhirl get to be on everything? He's got like, a get out of jail free card! While there are all these COOL pokemon not getting anything, he seems to be hand cuffed to pikachu or something!
    I personally dislike Poliwhirl.
    As for other neglected pokemon. It's amazing how little the ledgendary birds were shown.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Long Live the Order of Seadra! She is better than her mean Older Brother, Kingdra! Go Seadra, Go Horsea, Make The World Proud of our Success, for we are: The Capulets!

The King of Water Pokemon

Admiring my Avatar
    Years
  • You know who was quite neglected: Murkrow, Misdreavus, Ursaring, and Stantler. They are all good Pokemon and are quite skilled in battle. Hey, don't diss on Kingdra. Though I agree Horsea and Seadra are cool, no one can beat out a Pokemon with only one weakness and great stats.

And yes, it requires Dragon Scale to evolve, not King's Rock.

~TKoWP

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Who said that Dunsparce was forgotten? Dunsparce, Chimecho, Mantine, Chinchou, Raticate, Licktung, etc... I like all of them ^^ There are people here that dont even know what is a Castform... tsk tsk...

Back