• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
«火の鳥»
The Adorable Katana Warrior

Fields
x
CHAPTER II,
Part IV:

"Rise from the Ashes"

Hono knew immediately that the dagger inflicted paralysis on her, and she hit the ground frozen and unable to move. She could practically feel the jolts of electricity and every movement she made furthered the shock on her. Still, she couldn't just sit here while someone might die! Without a respawn, this was an entirely different game. Hono struggled, all of her adrenaline and intensity in the moment applied to moving. Slowly and shakily, her arm straightened, reaching carefully for her active pocket. Almost... Come on...! She reached closer, and closer, but it was taking too long! She heard the sound of stabbing and pixelation, and that just put it over the top. She grabbed and used the cure crystal before immediately jumping up and rushing back to the scene. However, the result was not one she'd expected.

Lucina remained on the ground, Robin above, and the attacker... Gone. On top of that, Robin's diamond had turned orange. He successfully killed the assailant. Hono stared in silence, at a slight distance. Still in shock from the situation, on top of her previous night's dulling of her senses, she sort of just... Stared blankly at them.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Player: Razanagi
Level: 13
Floor: 2: Plains
HP: 50%

"What am I even doing here I wonder?" Wind blew fervently through Joshua's hair as he lay back. He had just narrowly escaped a pack of hostile wolves that had proved a little too much for him... understandable when you considered the odds were about 10/1 for him to win. That's not based on skill or stats or anything like that either... there were literally ten of them and one of him. Well.... eleven of them, Joshua had managed to take down at least one and reach level thirteen... before running away frantically after attempting to take on the remaining ten... even at that they had still managed to rip 50% of his HP away while chasing him.

"Damn programmers... what kind of dumbass gives a hostile mob THAT big of an aggro zone... I swear I must have run the equivalent of at least two real world miles..." He froze mid-sentence. "The real World... it's weird thinking about it now... after spending so long in here... I wonder if... I'll ever even see it again..." The wind seemed to intensify for a moment and his hair began to blow downwards into his eyes. "Gack... pfft ptooey!" He choked slightly as some fell into his mouth and he sat upright, while doing so he contemplated for a moment and looked at the shallow grass blowing gently in the light breeze. It felt so real... if nothing else, at least the World he was locked in was a beautiful one. He smiled gently and stood up from his rock.

"C'mon now... I can't afford to be so down in the dumps right? After all... I've got someone else to be looking out." Joshua closed his eyes for a moment and remembered his sisters player information. He had committed it to memory after she had disappeared. "Player Name: DoriMechu Last known level: 4 Weapon: Broad head hammer Description: One head shorter than myself, long swirling brown hair, acts excessively childish and silly." Joshua nods and smiles. "Somebody... somebody out there HAS to have seen her... I just have to find that person... then find her... she must be looking for me too... I have to have faith." With those words spoken to not a single person but himself, Joshua began to walk the grassy fields of Aincrad's second floor once again.

Running again.

"How in the name of... why the hell are these things so damned persistent! Damn it!" Joshua cries to the five wolves still tailing him... maybe they were programmed to hold grudges? Probably not... Joshua was most likely just incredibly unlucky. A wolf jumps at him and slashes his back. "Gaaaah!" Tumbling forward and landing on the ground, Joshua's HP slowly falls down to 35% as he raises himself from the ground, the hungry pack of wolves now surrounding him. Faced with such bleak conditions... he smiles darkly and raises his blade above his head. "You stupid mongrels think I'll go down... just like that?! You forget who I am? What? Not programmed to read character names? I'm Razanagi! Dark swordsman of Aincrad... I won't go down to a bunch of inbred mutts like you! Not when I still have things to do here!"

In response to his dark facade Joshua is met by a wolves frantic lunge. In a flash, the curved blade held aloft above Joshuas head begins spinning at an incredible rate, becoming naught more than blurred purple saw as the his sword art activates. "HYAAAA!" A quick dodging spin while spinning the curved blade saw sees the sharp spinning metal cut deep into the wolves side, dealing incredibly quick and lethal critical damage. The wolf corpse is knocked haphazardly to the side as the sword art ends and Joshua holds the blade normally. He stands in a prepared stance, the odds of him winning not looking too high... especially since he'd have to wait for a time before reactivating blade saw... but it was too late to run now.

Lowering his stance and holding his blade outwards towards his feral opponents. He feigns confidence over his fear of death. "Come on then... if you're so intent to end up like your friend... make your move beasts!" As if accepting his challenge... the wolf pack charged. A flurry of blade strikes and claw swipes were sure to resound through the open plains as the battle continued.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Lucina
Player level 15
Floor 2: Large Tree.

Lucina sat there waiting for the impact of the hit that could probably mean the end of her story. She opened her eyes when she thought it was taking to long and moved her hands a bit away from her face. As she took a look behind her, what she saw wasn't the man that she feared so much. What she saw were pixels flying around with Robin standing between those pixels. He stood there like a hero until the pixels had dissapeared. Robin ran off but soon stopped before completely dissapearing from her sight. Lucina kept staring at him for a little while as she nearly couldn't believe that she was still alive thanks to him.

Lucina thought about the times that she had protected her little sister and always was told that she was like some heroine. Lucina has never been protected so this was really weird from her side... but also nice. Lucina felt something warm boiling inside her but supressed it as she stood off and rubbed the dust from her armor. She stared at Robin again and thought about how to thank him before approaching him with a face as pale as snow.

Lucina also glanced at Hono and smiled at her. "Thank you, Hono... but please don't get involved next time. You need to live. Putting your life in danger for me... it would only make me feel bad if something really bad would've happened." Lucina told her and proceeded towards Robin. When she stood in front of Robin she took a deep breath but... nothing was coming out of her mouth! She looked at the ground before trying to grab her mind back together. Something was... weird. "T-Thank you for saving my life..." Lucina spoke softly. "I... appreciate it but... I'd also appreciate it if you wouldn't put your life on the edge for me next time." Lucina did her best to speak politely.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Robin - Lvl 11
Floor 2: Plains
HP: 55% - EXP: 57% - Col: 796

The man was all pixels now at this time. He was the actual first human being Robin has killed. He considered the consequences before killing him. He would've died anyway if he lived on any longer in this game.

Lucina first speaks to ShirenX, who she calls Hono, for her involvement in this incident. Robin opens his menu & checks his sword's properties. A bit surprised, he finds his sword's durability quite low. He'll need a blacksmith to repair his weapon, in due time. His attention returns to Lucina as she thanks him for saving him. Robin turns away, not used to admiration from anyone. She says that it would be better if Robin didn't have to again. Robin looks down & puts on his hood, hiding his top-half face. "I'm sorry," he starts, "I can't guarantee I'll stay out of it next time, or ever."

Robin opens his inventory & holds an antidote potion. He walks over to Hono & hands her the potion. "Aside from killing, I protected the innocent for most of my life. I don't enjoy being helpless." Robin looks away & looks through his equipment. He doesn't know why he's telling little of his story to Lucina & Hono. Hopefully this interaction can end. Maybe he can also ask Hono about that PKer.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
«火の鳥»

Fields
x
CHAPTER II,
Part V:

"Rise from the Ashes"

Hono listened quietly as both of them spoke to her. However, she felt too distant to think of a reply. She accepted the antidote without question, though the gesture confused her since she had already used a cure crystal not moments before. Nonetheless, she stuck it in her active pocket, replacing the used cure crystal. The boy had committed murder, but it wasn't only self-defense, it was in Lucina's defense as well. Still, could he have been defeated without murder? It wasn't likely. A man like that, whose sole purpose was vengeance, would stop at nothing. Defeat him, and he'll come right back. When it comes to revenge, people stop at nothing. She wondered what Lucina could have done to cause something like this. Perhaps it wasn't even her fault.

Then it hit her. Revenge. If she could find out who the PK group was, she could avenge her family. She couldn't ever be forgiven for costing them their lives, but the least she could do was avenge their deaths. It was her fault anyway. Her eyes had dimmed, from emerald to an almost pine green. She continued to stare blankly, after looking up at Lucina, and then Robin. She turned around, placed her left hand over her katana's hilt, and began walking. "I have... Something to take care of..." She added half-mindedly as she walked away. As she walked, she didn't bother to pay attention to whether or not she would be followed. Her mind was on only one thing. She pulled out the recording crystal and began playing it again. As much as it scarred her heart to listen, she did so intently. When she knew the mumbled voices were coming, she held it up to her ear. It was near impossible to understand, but despite this, she listened to it repeatedly. After about five or six plays, she closed it, her eyes widening only for a moment.

"The Black Azaleas..." she put the recording back into her inventory, leaning against the Lone Tree she had been walking toward. This was also her meeting place with the unknown sender, which meant she could stay here into the night. She sat back against the tree, her eyes closing. She knew it wasn't a great idea to sleep out in the fields, but her eyes were getting heavier by the moment...

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Floor: 2: Fields
HP: 3%

Joshua collapsed to his knees upon finally bludgeoning the final wolf into submission using his "Shadowkin" sword art. He had somehow managed to survive the fray... at great cost however. He had received near fatal damage in return for his efforts... maybe he hadn't been as ready for the second floor as he had initially thought... but he had to get stronger... it was out of his hands of course... if he couldn't even protect himself how was he to protect his sister? Or fight to escape the game? Some beater he was... hardly lived up to the title. Then again during the beta... he had mostly focused on bonding with his sister. Doing silly passive activities like fishing while the "real" beaters went and fought through the games various floors. Joshua sighed and drove his blade into the ground, using it to raise himself higher up into a fairly wobbly standing position... "What was he doing? He wasn't some hero... he couldn't beat a small pack of wolves let alone some ultimate boss... he couldn't protect his own health bar let alone his sisters life." One could think such thoughts yes... One would also be correct in thinking that Joshua himself felt that way... still then, it's a wonder. Why did he even bother to slowly stumble away from what could have been his grave?

He felt quite downhearted as he walked clumsily away. He had forgotten to buy any sort of curatives so he took VERY careful measures to avoid any sort of conflict. He didn't really know where he was going next. Probably the first floor, the only fairly safe haven in existence. It would probably have been a good idea to head there and stock up before anything else. Deciding that as the best plan of action and mentally preparing himself to return... he spots something interesting. A young girl, sleeping under a tree... how interesting. Did she not realise how much danger she was in by doing such a thing? Though incredibly weakened... Joshua still decided that if he were to do anything worthwhile that day that it may aswell be the act of warning the silly girl of the danger she was in.

As he made his way to the tree... Joshua froze in his spot before the girl. She was... incredibly cute. The kind of girl he probably wouldn't even bother to talk to in real life... not because he was shy or anything... but because girls with those kinds of looks were usually snobs, not to mention that a pretty girl in an MMO where everybody looked like their regular selves? Yeah she probably got a lot of attention. Basically what Joshua was getting at was that she most likely knew VERY well how attractive she was and girls who know that usually have no qualms about using it to their advantage. Still... that didn't change the fact that she was in danger... now did it? Besides you couldn't judge a book by its cover, Joshua knew that all too well.

Quite wearily, he lowers himself to his knees and places a hand on the girls shoulder, shaking it gently. "Hey... do me a favor and wake up would you? I don't really have time for this."

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Turnip
HP 61% | LV. 14 | XP 14% | Col 1641
Location - Floor 2: Springs

Having left the scene of his good deed – which may seem like a pretty odd thing to do – Turnip flicked through his inventory to examine his new loot, smirking as he passed his keepsake section. Included in there were such items as <Random Stick> ("This stick does not appear to be of any real use whatsoever."), <Dagger of the Foul> (He'd forgotten about that one, he really needed to make some more friends), and even Turnip's first real blade, entitled "Patience". The blade itself was nothing special, particularly, unlike the dagger, but he kept it as a memento, and for a gag if someone annoyed him enough to make use of it.

And thus, he came upon his newly acquired equipment. The armour was admittedly pretty decent, for light armour – though that wasn't really Turnip's style, so he passed, as was the case with the guy's shortsword. There was some food, some potions and various materials and ingredients that Turnip could probably make some use of later, on top of the Col you'd expect to find on any player. The armoured figure did find a ring that made Sword Arts recharge 10% faster, which seemed pretty useful, but nothing else was really worth equipping. Might sell for a decent amount, though.

Turnip jumped down yet another ledge, making his way through the rocky terrain that surrounded the Springs area. He was starting to get a little bored – there didn't really seem to be anything down here, and it was starting to seem very reasonable to suspect that this was a complete waste of time. He plonked down again, and snapped immediately to his left.

Wohoo, here we go.

A somewhat imposing entrance was visible in front of the warrior/vegetable, with noises of monsters reverberating from the inside – the unmistakable characteristics of a dungeon. Well, unmistakable for such an experienced dungeon-crawler as Turnip. He'd probably spent more hours in dungeons than he'd had hot meals. He drew his sword as he stepped inside, though the prospect of taking on a dungeon so soon after entering the second floor struck him as perhaps a little risky. Still, it was possible it could be a low-level dungeon. He supposed he'd just have to take a little look inside – hopefully he wouldn't aggro fifty-thousand mobs at once.

The dungeon was moderately similar to the ones of floor one. There weren't any mobs in the area immediately after the entrance, but several hallways led on from there that carried the sounds of monsters. He peeked down a few of them, starting with the left side. The hallway appeared to lead to a single room, in which there appeared to be nothing other than a grand-looking blade. From the size and shape of it, at least from a distance, it looked to be a similar size to Turnip's bastard sword, "Composite Long Bow +1". That naturally excited the armoured figure, with the loot appearing so out in the open, but common sense told him that the room was almost undoubtedly trapped, heavily so. As he peeked in a little further, he caught movement to his right.

Oh, dear.

Well, Turnip had wanted to know what he'd be up against in this dungeon, and it seemed he was going to find out. Two <Salamander Warrior>s, armed with spears and both higher level than Turnip currently was, came gallivanting out of a hallway and towards the warrior. One he could probably take based on dexterity and weapon skill alone, though it may take him a while. Two was asking for a bit more strategy to be employed.

Turnip began by launching Boomeraxe at the backmost salamander – with any luck, the hit would help to slow its advance, giving Turnip more time to focus on the closer one. He deftly sidestepped the first lunge, then went for a sideways swipe at the back of the salamander's head. The reptilian creatures weren't particularly light on their feet – understandable, considering they had none – and as such Turnip could make use of unbalancing them with dodging and well-placed strikes. After hitting a few more times and retrieving Boomeraxe, he was forced to duck and roll away to avoid a hit from the latecomer. Draw Steel would be useful at this point, but it still hadn't recharged yet. With any luck, that new ring would help it to be ready before too long.

The two salamanders lunged in unison – Turnip managed to bat one of them to the side whilst barely dodging the other, ultimately leading to little other than a slight inconvenience for his trench coat. He moved towards the two, swiping the lower half of one of them – the other unexpectedly slashed at Turnip with its claws, scraping his arm. He needed to be wary of that; he'd prioritised avoiding the spears, so he hadn't thought that the creatures would use their claws.

Pretty clever AI, props to the devs on that one, as bloody annoying as it is right now.

Turnip fell back to a safe distance, then launched Boomeraxe again, standing his ground. The curve hit both salamanders, the flinching from the hit giving the armoured figure enough time to catch the axe before they were upon him again. This wasn't too agreeable of a situation: the salamanders were now on the verge of pushing Turnip further into the dungeon, that wouldn't do.

Alrighty. I'll probably take a hit, but might as well make it worth it.

Turnip charged at the salamanders, sliding under the initial two lunges and slashing the left one twice across the chest as he stood. He brought his sword around his back with barely a glance to deflect the claws of the one on his right, then over his head to slash the left one again. He continued his move past the salamanders, stabbing the right one and drawing his sword out in a defensive slash at the left's hands, before he was pushed back by a thrust from the right's spear to his shoulder, pushing him backwards. He gladly went with it, rolling back before skidding to a halt in a crouched position.

"Ow." Turnip groaned, more in annoyance than in pain. He glanced around his HUD, noticing that his health was taking a bit of a punishment. He smirked, though, when he noticed that Draw Steel was no longer recharging. He stood, sheathing his sword and readying Boomeraxe.

So these bastards want a piece of me, eh? I guess they haven't heard… Turnips don't taste very nice.

And with that thought of mediocre badassery fuelling him onwards, Turnip charged, launching Boomeraxe with raging fury. It caught the back salamander directly in the face as the other surged forwards in a lunge. Turnip, weaponless, twisted to dodge the spear, grabbing it and pulling the salamander towards him. He kicked the mob in the gut, spun once, then unsheathed his sword in a Draw Steel straight down the monster's middle. It flew backwards and crashed into the dungeon wall, out for the count for now.

Turnip caught and sheathed Boomeraxe as the other salamander came at him. He readied his sword, and stood his ground, now confident that he could take the monster before him. Each thrust and swipe was but an individual attack, easily sidestepped or knocked away with "Composite Long Bow +1". The armoured figure barely moved, easily staying within a square meter, striking and dodging with fluid movements. Mobs in general were only really troublesome in numbers – individually they couldn't compete with anyone who knew what they were doing. Of course, there were some exceptions, but you wouldn't find any amongst the likes of salamanders. The salamander soon broke into red pixels, leaving Turnip to finish off the other – still slightly dazed by the Draw Steel, it proved little trouble.

Turnip's health was low-ish, but Battle Healing was already beginning its work. The salamanders yielded a bit of col, and their spears could sell for a bit more. A couple of ingredients could prove of some use, too. The armoured figure turned and was about to leave when he heard a voice to his right.

"Hey, you! You with the armour and the sword and the crappy name!"

Turnip turned to where the voice seemed to be coming from, but saw no-one there. Just that same room he'd been looking in earlier, with the blade on the pedestal that was probably surrounded by traps. He got a better look at the sword – there appeared to be a large ruby seated in the pommel, which lead up through a deep red grip into an intricately designed cross-guard. The hilt seemed to be made primarily of some kind of dark red metal, embossed with gold lettering that Turnip couldn't quite make out. The blade itself shone a stunning gold, clean and sharp. At the centre of the cross-guard was what looked like an eye, also made of metal. The eye wouldn't ordinarily seem at all out of place on such a sword, and in general it wasn't – until it moved.

"Yeah, you! Get over here!"

Turnip raised an eyebrow, then nodded slowly in realisation, "Aaaah, I see what this is. You're a sword with like a soul in it or something. Well; first of all, my name's amazing, you're obviously just jealous. Secondly, I'm not going in there. Looks like trap central to me."

"The precise term is DemonSword, thank you very much. And come on, there aren't any traps in here! Trust me!"

"Trust a DemonSword? Sure, sounds like great life advice."

"Are you serious? I'm- ah, actually, I'll give you that one... If there were any traps in here, I'd totally lead you into them – still, allow me to introduce myself: you may call me Vengeful Acts."

"Way worse than Turnip."

Vengeful Acts ignored the jibe, "I am a mighty and powerful demon – but, as you can see, my form has been sealed inside this blade."

"If you're so 'mighty and powerful', how come you got sealed inside a blade?"

The eye narrowed, "Because shut up, that's how."

"Harsh."

"Now, I don't particularly want to be wielded by anyone, and I certainly don't want to end up being wielded by just any old codger. But, as you might expect, living alone in a cave is damn boring. Plus, I guess being used is preferable, as at least I'll get to see some bloodshed, even if I'm not entirely in control of it. Now; you seem alright. A bit of an arse, but at least you aren't boring. Still, you're going to have to prove yourself if you want to wield me."

"Well, I could easily say the same about you – but what makes you think I want to wield you?"

"Because I'm a good bloody sword, you moron! What, you think a blade infused with the soul of a demon is gonna be a bloody butter knife?"

"Point taken."

"Alright. Now, first thing – my power's going to overwhelm you if you're not strong enough."

"Eh, I'm pretty damn strong."

"Heheh, sure. Come back when you're level fifty or so."

"Level fifty!? Bloody hell. Agh, that sucks, too. I'd wield the crap out of you IRL."

"Uhhh… yeah, sure you would. Anyway, on top of being strong enough, you've got to prove that you're cunning enough. You've got to find out my name."

"Your name? Uh… Vengeful Acts…"

The demon laughed, "I said that's what you can call me, that doesn't mean it's my name, dingus. Look; you're the first person here. You've got a head start, and there's probably plenty of time before anyone reaches level fifty anyhow. Just get working on it. And when you're done, we'll spill blood as one! Blood! BLOOD FOR THE- aghem, sorry. It's just, uh, blood gets me a little carried away sometimes. Uh, anyway, yeah, wield me, fighting, glory, et cetera, et cetera, hoping to hear from you soon, Vengeful Acts."

Turnip laughed, "Alright. Peace."

"PEACE!? I HATE PEACE!"

And Turnip left the dungeon, leaving Vengeful Acts raving on about his despise of peace, love, babies, chocolate and trampolines. The armoured figure's health was rising, but still a little low – plus he was getting that nagging feeling in his stomach again.

Dammit, Vengeful Acts. Hating trampolines, cursing me with hunger… He decided to head off in the direction of that village he'd seen earlier on his way here. Looking at the horizon, he noticed that tree he'd seen yesterday. Dammit, I'd forgotten about that. Maybe there's a better grinding spot there – the plains are a bit boring, and the dungeon's a little risky. Ok. Brunch, sell loot, tree. And if I can, I'll see what I can find out about Vengeful Acts…

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Lucina
Player level 15
Floor 2: Lone Tree.

Robin turned away from Lucina after she thanked him for saving her. Lucina wasn't quite used to being saved because she usually was the one that saved someone. Lucina didn't really knew what to say afterwards since Robin was silent. He pulled his hood over his head. "I'm sorry," he started, "I can't guarantee I'll stay out of it next time, or ever." Lucina blinked a few times after hearing this. She felt her heart beat a little faster but the reason why it was doing that was unknown. "I see." Lucina shortly answered.

Robin took out a potion and approached Hono. "Aside from killing, I protected the innocent for most of my life. I don't enjoy being helpless." Robin unexpectedly told something about himself. He was quite the hero-like type and usually Lucina would dislike that but Robin was different... He didn't ask anything in return neither seemed he want to hear a "thank you". Lucina started to get a little interested but at the same time she thought it might be better to keep distance from him. Lucina was brought back to the virtual reality when Hono stood up and said something. "I have... Something to take care of..." Hono left them with these words. Lucina wondered what she was going to take care of but secretly she knew it already. Hono was probably gonna search for the group who killed her parents. Lucina just hoped that she wouldn't be that stupid to attack the whole group on her own.

"Well... That leaves just the two of us." Lucina commented after a short and awkward silence. She somehow felt a bit nervous, probably because she never had been really alone with a guy... Atleast not without her hood. "U-Uhm... I'll go back to Urbus... I don't want to miss Christmas eve." Lucina said after she turned around and was about to leave. She wanted to make a lot of delicious food so that she could get extra EXP for her cooking skill.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Surge, Matthias Winston – Floor 2: Eastern edge

Matthias let out a quiet sigh as he tucked his daggers away in his belt again. He disliked being interrupted when he was of a mind to do something particular, but it was to be expected when he was wandering all the way to the eastern edge of the level. The corpse of the large, green salamander disappeared and a small loot window popped up in front of him. Uninterestedly, he flicked through the items before simply pressing 'Loot all' and continuing down the gravel-y path.

It didn't take long for him to reach his destination; a large lake sitting at the foot of one of the eastern-most mountains, the very edge of the lake touching the base of the mountain, reflecting the massive stone structure on its calm surface and the grey skies above. He shook his shoulders a little, standing still had caused a very fine layer of snow to lay over them. He let out a breath of air again, which became visible for just a moment, in the cold afternoon air.

Enough dawdling. I need to get this over with soon, or I won't be back in time for the event. With that thought in mind, he opened up his inventory, scrolling a little bit before selecting his fishing rod. He stepped over, taking a seat by the lake, which thankfully hadn't frozen over. Matthias was fairly sure that if this had been the real world, the temperature would have caused the water of the lake to freeze over, making it nigh impossible to fish, but that would have been 'unfair' towards the players, if they couldn't fish for almost half a year.

He let out a little half-snicker, half-snort as he pulled the rod back and threw the line out into the water. Fair. That's probably a concept that the creator hasn't heard of. Much like the rest of the world. He bit his teeth together and raised a hand to tug the scarf he had bought up over his chin to try and keep warm, reaching a hand behind him to pull the hood of the cloak up over his head. It gave him less peripheral vision, but it warmed a great deal, which he was thankful for. And now to wait. I should probably catch about ten before heading back.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Valkyrie

Elise whistled to herself a merry tune as she strolled along the Eastern Edge. She was in a good mood, the weather was pristine and crisp, she was on the job nearing in on her target and it was another fantastic day in SAO. The song she whistled was one she remembered from childhood, something her mother used to sing to her every night; a beautiful, french melody.

Tracking skill activated and information brokers payed handsomely, she had a good hunch where this target was. It seemed like a simple enough job, as these things went. Somebody wanted another person gone, they offered to pay her handsomely to do it and she didn't get caught up in the details. Some people thought what she did disgusting or immoral, but it mattered very little to her. There was no exact proof that dying in this game meant you died in real life. Only that if you died, you were never seen in-game again. She thought the two very different. Until proof was provided otherwise, she wasn't going to take somebody else's word on it.

Her breath clouding in front of her, the cold nipping at her nose, it was almost serene. As she followed the guidance of her tracking skill, she twirled her spear around, strolling calmly alongside the lake. Maybe if this went smoothly, she thought, this might be the perfect spot to use her musical instrument skill. Playing the violin here was a bit different than in the real world, but she hadn't enjoyed it this much in a very long time. Since before the accident if she had to guess.

With a quick shake of her head, she cleared her mind and focused on the task at hand. There was time for that later. A quick check of her inventory later, she made sure everything was equipped and emergency supplies ready to go. Smiling to herself as she spied a man sitting on the bank, she shook her hair and threw it behind her as she approached him.

From behind and to the side, he certainly looked like her target, with the clothing description she was given. Of course, her tracking skill agreed with her assumption. He looked comfortable, fishing as he was. It was almost like looking at a scene out of a painting.

"Hello!" She called out to him and sat down to his right, her gaze straight ahead, looking at his line as it hung out in the water. Looking him over, she tried to size him up. She looked more heavily armored, but she had a suspicion he was quicker. He seemed to be going for more of a rogue type. Quite the shifty little devils.

"People call me Valkyrie," she told him calmly, her finger pointing to where her name should have been floating from his perspective. Of course, with her name and icon being red, that usually put people on guard. She kind of enjoyed that. It was a healthy respect, almost fear. It made her feel powerful and alive in a way she hadn't felt in a long time.

"Catch anything good? I'm kinda new to this spot myself, but I feel like I'm gonna catch a big one! Of course, I don't fish, not really my thing." Stretching out her legs and fingering her spear, she spoke up once more. "Somebody really wanted me to find you. I don't know what you did or why, but I want you to know it's not personal." She smiled at him and lifted her spear. "Anything you want to say before I kill you?"​

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Surge, Matthias Winston – Floor 2: Eastern edge

Matthias turned his head slightly as the voice rang out and he saw the girl having called out coming closer and taking herself a seat next to him, quite spontaneously. He raised his brows a little as he noticed the red name above her head and her cheerful demeanor, looking only slightly surprised at her appearance.

What does she want? Nobody just sits down and has a chat with someone else. There's always something behind someone acting out of 'kindness'. That goes doubly so for red names.

He continued watching her in silence, noticing her fingers reaching for the spear and as she told him what she was planning to do, a small, knowing smile spread on his lips. And there it is. He looked over her spear for a moment before raising the fishing rod, it disappearing back into his inventory quite calmly, despite the situation. "Someone's put out a hit on me? Tch, figures. Can't do your own dirty work to kill off a beater, so you get someone else to do it."

As he spoke, his warm breath mixed with the cold air, creating a small, white puff of smoke, which quickly disappeared again. His eyes were locked onto hers as they sat in silence, measuring one another up. Suddenly, he threw up his right hand, having grasped a bunch of the snow laying over the ground to disorientate her while rolling away, quickly getting to his feet and drawing his daggers, his cloak billowing slightly with a trail of kicked-up snow following him, his eyes narrowing under the hood as he pushed his feet slightly apart in a ready-to-fight stance, one dagger held up while the other was held oppositely. "I hope you're at least being paid extra for not asking any questions, because otherwise, you're getting shafted."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 2200 Col - 5% Exp.
The Christmas Warrior

Taka sat across from Dutchess, a mug of hot chocolate in his hand. "So, you were out there alone. And at your level?" It was a curious thing. She was only a level 6. She was far too weak to be grinding on this floor! "That's kind of dangerous, don't you think so?" His hood was now down, but his black cloak was stilled pulled about him.

The young girl laughed nervously, and was even blushing a bit. "Yeah...I know. It wasn't really a great idea, but my party was going to boot me if I couldn't meet their level quota." Dutchess sighed and looked down, ashamed of her low level.

"Don't be mad at yourself." Taka smiled and drained his fourth mug of hot chocolate. "Listen, it isn't right to kick people from a guild or party just because they can't level as fast as others. Besides, you don't need a guild. I don't have a party, much less a guild, and look at me!" He laughed jovially and spread his arms in a suggestive nature. He seemed quite odd, with his small stature and massive sword, but he also looked like he could do some good on a battlefield.

Dutchess laughed lightly and sighed. "I guess you're right...It's just...my party, they're my friends from the real world. They're treating me like a small child, and it's infuriating! They refuse to recognize the fact that I'm not good on the front lines! They push me forwards, even though I don't want to."

Taka sighed and nodded. "I understand. I don't blame them, though. Everybody wants to get out of this game, and some of them are willing to do whatever it takes to do so, even sacrifice their own friends. It's a bit sadistic, I know, but that's the way it is, and probably will be until the very end of this death game." He stood up and sheathed his sword, and held out his hand.

"I...I guess so." The girl seemed to be a bit more understanding, but the poet could tell she didn't like understanding. She looked up to him with a questioning look, "What are you doing?"

"Holding out my hand. We're going to train."

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Just out of the corner of his eye, Godot spotted a familiar face. Well, a semi-familiar face. A face that wasn't actually familiar but would have previously been. He actually didn't know who the face belonged to, nor the body for that matter. In reality, he didn't know the person that he just barely saw. She was rather tall for a twelve year old, and her voice was quite sharp for one, too. Her name was Hou-ou Shiren...or at least, that was what he called her. Then again, she wasn't really Shiren and apparently had no memories of such, so Godot decided right then and there that he would just call her Hou-ou...or Phoenix, since that sounded more natural.

He started toward her, but Apathy quickly caught him and grabbed him by the waist. It felt really strange...terrifying, actually, because she appeared behind him without warning and then practically used all of her body weight to keep him planted firmly where he was. "I hate it when people just walk off without warning," she said, glaring at Godot. He tried to twist his way out of her grasp.

"Wait a minute," Godot said whilst he was squirming. "I thought I had a choice in whether I had to go with you or not!" Apathy simply looked at him and said nothing. "Besides, there's someone I have to talk to." Godot pointed to the tree, and Apathy eyes locked onto his target.

"Oh, I see. You want to take advantage of that sleeping teenager. You're despicable." It was truly amazing to Godot how amazingly she hid her emotions and remained completely deadpan. She had character, though, and there was no doubt that there was something under those layers of hate. Hate that he suspected was fake. Of course, he'd never actually met anyone like her, only people that could be described as something like her but could never truly match up to this particular person, and as such he always felt that there was a chance for legitimacy. Still, he couldn't help but be taken aback by her accusation.

"It's not like that at all!" He said in a defensive voice.

"Oh yeah?" She let go of Godot, seemingly conceding. She didn't let up, however, as he took point in front of him and put her hand on her rapier, as one would if they were a samurai ready to strike. "Okay then...what's her name? Don't try to test me, I'm fluent in Japanese." Godot swallowed hard, this wasn't looking good for him. He knew some Japanese, but mostly kana and very little kanji unless it was written in kana as well. In her name, all he would read was the "no".

"H-her name?" Godot got to thinking that he might actually die. In the beginning, he thought that Apathy was just being playful, but she seemed completely serious. Did she really think that he was that bold a pervert? And why was it that not one, but two girls thought of him that way, one of whom being the sleeping girl on the tree. "Sh..." Apathy tightened her grip on her sword. No...no, it can't be Shiren, he thought to himself. "Phoenix...it's Phoenix." It was the only name that made sense...or rather, it was the only name that he could possibly guess out of the multitude of hers.

Apathy sighed as if she were disappointed and released her grip from her rapier. "Let's go." Apathy grabbed Godot by the hand, practically pulling him over...and by the time they arrived, there was some other guy there trying to wake her up. Or something like that, he was on his knees, so they were about at face level. It was around this time that Godot remembered that the Lone Tree was something of a hotspot for romantic dates. Godot's big brother instincts went off. He equipped Mammon's Fang and rushed towards the two.

"Phoenix, you must not soil your innocent with such untoward acts! Please, think about what you're doing!" He then took another look at the situation. Phoenix was, for the most part, asleep. It seems he'd miscalculated. He picked up Phoenix, who was a lot taller than he was expecting. She was fuller, too. He looked at the boy and said, "What were you planning to do to this girl?" He, of course, had the worst of intentions in mind when he said this.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Turnip
HP 19% | LV. 14 | XP 28% | Col 1755
Location - Floor 2: Marome

Turnip had made it to Marome with little trouble. A couple of <Buffalo> had bothered him a little, but they weren't particularly difficult to take down. He hadn't really paid it much attention before actually coming there, but on arrival the armoured figure realised that the place was small - really small. There were a few buildings around, and from the looks of things, only one inn. At least the place was easy to find.

The NPC innkeeper was a kindly, middle-aged woman who smiled at everyone who passed in that knowing sort of way. She seemed like the kind of person who would know everything – literally everything – about the village she lived in. It occurred to Turnip that he should ask about places to buy and sell here, and who knows? Maybe she'd have some clue about that demon sword.

"Hello, dear. What can I do for you?" For the record, that was the innkeeper. For Turnip to say that would probably require some kind of mental illness.

"Oh, uh, a few things, thanks." Turnip sat down at the bar. "First of all, have you ever heard of a demon who calls himself Vengeful Acts?"

"Oh. Um, not particularly – some legends about a demon sealed in a sword. Not really my manner of expertise, if you don't mind me saying."

"Ah, never mind, then, thanks anyway. Anywhere in the village I can sell some loot, maybe buy a new sword?"

"There's no blacksmith in town, I'm afraid, if that's what you mean."

"No blacksmith? How do you live?"

The innkeeper chuckled, "We aren't all warriors here in Aincrad, dearie. You might be able to buy and sell a few things around, but I'm afraid there isn't much here – we're only a quiet little village after all. Anything else?"

"Agh, I guess I'll just stop off in Urbus later on. Oh, and, uh, yeah – do you have bacon in a bun?"

And thus, brunch was served. Turnip didn't stay long in Marome after his health recharged somewhat – he'd rather wait and sell all his stuff together in Urbus, where he could be more-or-less sure that there'd be enough shops for him to sell everything. He didn't like having to move to different shops to sell his different loot – that annoyed him, as it did in most games. General vendors were nice, if games had them, where you could just sell everything in one go, be it a mech suit or a pumpkin. The armoured figure made to leave through Marome's Southwest exit, but stopped as someone called out to him. That young woman. The one from this morning. Again. Seriously? Granted, Turnip ran into people he'd seen before all the time – the game worlds were large, but they weren't that large. The woman was only different in that she actually talked to him, whereas most people were content with just a glance or so.

"Hey, are you following me? Have you got a quest for me or something that I don't know about?"

Turnip glanced at her quizzically, then frowned in agitation, Oh, it's this again. It's been a while. It seemed that some people saw the armoured figure much the same as they saw NPCs – others, though, saw him as a player just fine. He didn't know if it related to how he'd actually got into the game, but mostly he just tried to ignore it. Turnip sighed.

"I'm not an NPC."

"Yeah, yeah, I know, 'what's an NPC? I'm a human just like all of you', blah blah. Quest or no?"

"No, seriously. I'm a player. Level fourteen. Grind for experience, escape death-trap game and so on. My game's glitched or something."

"Really? Or are you just some kind of clever NPC to mess with us?"

"If Kayaba were that good with game design, I'd eat my sword. That and he'd never think up anything as awesome as I am. Admittedly, it does seem kind of like something that bastard would do, but I think he's content to just watch us fight for our lives for now. I mean, what would an NPC never do?"

"It'd never… um… huh, kinda tricky, actually. I'll just take your word for it. So you look like an NPC, huh? How does that work out for you?"

"Eh, most people seem to ignore it, others can see me as a player pretty fine. Mobs treat me the exact same, and so do NPCs. More a slight annoyance than anything else. Oh – I've got it: You saw me flicking through my inventory this morning, right?"

"Aha… so you really aren't an NPC. Uh, just saying, who are you?"

"Who am I? I'm Turnip. Can't you see my name?"

"No, I meant your name name, not your user name."

"That is my name name…"

"Yeah, sure it is… If you're gonna be like that, I'm Silke."

"Huh. I killed a woman called Silke once."

"Yea- sorry, what?"

"She had a quarterstaff +1. She was pretty evil. A kinda weak Bard, though, so it was more-or-less just a one-shot- oh, you think I'm a murderer, heh; it was a different game, single-player, and she was an enemy, just so you know."

Silke seemed a little perturbed at the mention of Turnip killing someone who shared her name, but she seemed to let it slide, "Uh… huh. Anyway, I'm, ah… on the lookout for some company at the moment. Not nice to be alone at Christmas, y'know."

"Christmas? What is Christmas?"

"You going philosophical on me?"

"No, seriously. People talk about it; I don't have a bloody clue what it is."

"You… you can't be serious."

"Seriously? Can't I just get a straight answer?"

Silke sighed, "Ugh, twenty-fifth of December. Presents. Turkey dinner. Santa."

"Santa?"

"Oh, come on! Big old fat guy in red! White beard! Gives people gifts!"

"Gifts, huh…? Thanks, that could prove… useful. Anyway, if you're looking for company, Marome's pretty deserted. I hear there were a group of people up at the Springs, though."

"Seriousl- you realise that was an offer, right?"

Turnip tilted his head, confused, "On offer for what? Santa?"

"Santa-? No! Dammit, are you just a complete idiot, or are you winding me up, here?"

"I don't really know what you're trying to say, so I guess I've got to go with 'yes, I'm a complete idiot'."

Silke sighed, face-palming, "For God's sake… do you swing the other way, or something?"

"Swing? I'm walking that way… to Urbus." Turnip pointed in his general direction of travel.

"Oh, my God, you're- you know what? I give up. Go." And Silke stormed off into Marome.

Geez. What's she so angry about? Does Christmas make people angry or something?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
»S C Y K E«
DAMON EAGLE

» Floor One
» XP: 57%
» Health: 100%
» Player (Level 14)

Some random inn/Urbus (FL2)
The next day

"Huaah…- hm?"

Slowly dragging her eyelids open while raising her head in a lazy fashion, Stardust blinked into life, using her first few seconds to figure out where the hell she was. She found herself outside her bed, or rather on the side of it, sitting with her legs clamped towards her chest, her arms locking her thighs together. She cautiously raised her right hand towards her face before feeling her sore cheeks. It was definitely rougher than normal.

I managed to sleep after all…

Stardust looked up on to the ceiling of her room, and suddenly her mind wandered into different thoughts at once, poking at almost everything and more than what had eluded her last night. SAO. Beaters. Floor 2. What was happening in the real world. How her parents were doing. How the real world was going on. How her friends were doing. If they still cared about her. If the real world still cared for the kids and adults trapped in this hell hole.

Her brother.

An unsuspecting tear slowly rolled down Stardust's cheek, but she was quick to smear it away. There wasn't time for more crying. She had to move on. She couldn't of possibly done anything.

Then another thought came across her mind.

"Scyke…"

Slowly rising, Stardust unconsciously started stretching her arms, and she went over to the bathroom to clean herself up. Around fifteen minutes later, she was dressed into her usual attire, and slowly she closed her door.

---​

Stepping his way downstairs and onto a table in the inn he had spent the night on, Scyke wore his normal nonchalant expression on his face, conversations around him drifting from one ear to another. After ordering breakfast he sat there calmly, waiting for his partner to come down any minute. It took another few minutes before Scyke saw Stardust walk down the stairs herself and she spotted him immediately. A smile sparked on her lips as she walked up to the table and sat down.

"Morning!"

"Morning to you too."

A NPC came to their table after seeing Stardust's arrival, and she placed an order herself. Scyke's beans-on-toast came straight afterwards and so he worked on the job of eating. Stardust gazed outside in wait.

"Huh. I guess it will be a snowy Christmas this year then."

"Looks like it. My guess is that it was planned ahead by Kayaba, though it could be sheer luck too. Never had snow on Christmas where I live in the real world."

"Where'd you used to live?"

"Erm, in England. We don't normally have snow until like January or February, and even then it would turn to ice in like two days. What about you?"

"I'm from New York. It sometimes snows on December, though not always on Christmas. It did however at 2019… it was magical to say the least."

Conversation grew stale afterwards, with little effort from both sides to keep it up. Stardust's own breakfast came pretty quickly, and after the two was finished munching they decided to leave straight away. The moment after they were past the front door Scyke laid out a hand to catch a snowflake, and watched the material slowly melt on his hand. He wondered on the amazing technology which SAO had, how it could emulate such little details of the real world so elegantly. And yet I'm having to experience it in such a deathly way. Still, I guess beauty can be admired anyhow.

"Hey Scyke, are you gonna keep staring at your palm all day or what? We got the whole floor to explore, monsters to kill and levels to be earned, so hurry up dude!"

Scyke looked up at Stardust, cleared his hands and jogged towards her. After a quick stop at a general store the duo set off to leave Urbus, their minds set on just getting used to the cold first.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
«火の鳥»

Lone Tree
x
CHAPTER II,
Part VI:

"Rise from the Ashes"

"Phoenix, you must not soil your innocence with such untoward acts! Please, think about what you're doing!" Hono could faintly hear, only slightly conscious for a moment. "What were you planning to do to this girl?" Her eyes opened, and simultaneously she realized who was holding her, and what exactly the words she'd just heard meant. She screamed loudly and kicked upward at her "assailant" as hard and fast as she could, flipping backward and landing on her feet, placing her left hand over her weapon's hilt.

"You!!" She remembered the man from before, and she'd freaked out on him last time as well. Her teeth gritted and she glared fiercely, her blade sheathed but starting to glow and burn. "You PERVERT!!" She took notice of the guy next to her, then the words really clicked and she fully understood the situation. "Y-You creep!!" She dashed at the kneeling man in no time at all and thrust her foot directly into his chin with as much force as she could, her kick ending with one leg pointed straight up; meaning that kick held no resistance. Hono's green eyes seemed to burn in intensity, though immediately settled when she noticed the other girl there. "Oh... Hello."

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Floor: 2: Fields
HP: 1%

Joshua, startled back in shock as he heard the voice of another person coming. He was brandishing what appeared to be his weapon. Another girl followed him quite closely. Upon further examination the other fellow did NOT seem too pleased... surely not... a PK'er? Panicking slightly at his own health, Joshua reached for his sword. He started focusing his energy... if he was going to get out of his current situation he'd need to use absolutely everything he had at his current disposal.

Or at least... that's what he was prepared to do. It was at that point however that he actually listened to what the new assailant had to say.

"Phoenix, you must not soil your innocence with such untoward acts! Please, think about what you're doing!" Joshua loosened his grip on his blade. "P... pheonix?" As he said this however the newcomers expression seemed to become even more aggressive and Joshua, still kneeling was left slightly stunned as he hoisted the young sleeping girl into his arms. Was this guy for real? Joshua was left truly speechless.

"What were you planning to do to this girl?" He asked sternly.

Joshua smirked darkly and began to embody his antihero personality as a method of defense. "What was I planning to do?... Why I was merely... wait..." His dark smile weakened and dropped as he thought about the possible accusations that could have been made against him. He might have looked like a PKer... but there was another possibility he had to consider. Here he was, kneeling at face level, with some random girl who had fallen asleep underneath some tree... and by the sound of things this new gentleman had assumed from his position that he and the girl were engaging in some form of... informal interaction, with one another.

His dark persona broke almost instantly and he began waving his hands frantically in front of himself as he realised just how bad his entire situation looked.

"Wait! It's... It's not what it looks like... I wasn't... I would never... She was just alone and asleep... and in a dangerous place! So I thought I could help her... Wait no that doesn't seem much better... I ehm... I..." Panic was evident in Joshua's voice as he desperately tried to explain himself. Just as he was once again about to begin a rant however... well... the sleeping girl woke up.

*SMACK* A horrendous kick was thrown at the girls apparent "savior" from the "vile clutches" of Joshua. Joshua was so stunned by the events unfolding around him that he literally held a blank face as the other man was accused of being a pervert just as Joshua himself had been accused.

"You PERVERT!!" She cried. Joshua noticed that although it was sheathed, the young females blade began to glow brightly. Suddenly her vision fell towards him... and he grimaced as he noticed that she was in no way pleased. Panicking at this, Joshua quickly began to stand up.

"Now hang on... you misunderstand me! Please allow me to-"

"Y-You creep!!" The girl quickly cut him off. Joshua panicked and almost fell backwards as she then started dashing towards him.

"W...wai-" *CRACK*

It was a direct hit, Joshua was barely on one knee when he was put through the intensely painful experience of having this frankly stunning young woman drive her foot into his chin with such force that he was swiftly launched upward with little to no resistance.

While gently falling through the air, Joshua decided to take a few moments to finalize his excuse... well... he would have, if it hadn't taken him less than a few moments to realise he had been launched directly up into the large singular trees branches.

*Twonk, Clonk, Bonk!*

Loud echoing wooden sounds resounded throughout the area as he bashed into branch after branch after branch. After a few moments he fell out of the branches and lay sprawled out on the grass below him.

"Ow..." He murmured gently as he somehow managed to cling on to a single percent of health.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Surge & Valkyrie – Floor 2: Eastern edge

Calmly wiping the powdery snow from her face, a little smile spreading across her lips, Elise slowly rose to meet her feisty target. Standing opposite him, her stance oddly casual to his own hyper alert and ready posture.

"Oh, I'm getting handsomely rewarded, don't you worry, dear," she called out to him, raising her spear in a defensive posture, feet braced firmly on the ground like pitcher. "You beaters might have had a bit of an unfair advantage, but it certainly doesn't make you invincible. I'd say I already took down one or two of your kind. Maybe today I'll make it three?" With a small, almost disarming giggle, she quickly shifted her wieght, the armor seemingly molded firmly to her body moving with her in concert.

Just as her body finished shifting, she took off running towards him, her spear held curiosly low. It looked more like a sprint than an attack. As she neared him, she jumped into the air, turning as she sailed overhead. It was a practiced almost graceful move, her weapon coming down fast and hard as she attempted to strike him firmly in the neck.

"Oh yeah? And did you actually -see- the col? Because last time I checked, he didn't have more than a few hundred to his name." He kept in his ready, defensive stance as the girl was seemingly just playing around, which somewhat annoyed Matthias, but he held back the emotion, because he knew that it might very well be what she was going for. He flexed his legs slightly as she started running, and as soon as she lept into the air, he threw himself forwards in a roll, spinning around himself as he rose, one of his daggers slicing across her armored back in a loud screech of metal against metal.

He then almost danced backwards, holding his weapons at the ready again, his expression still rather humorless. "I think your 'score' is going to reset unless you start taking more care and stop underestimating me."

Flinching as the blade scraped along her armor, she spied her health drop by the slightest sliver, a glancing blow. It didn't hurt of course, nothing in SAO ever did, but it still had an adverse psychology to it. It was ghost pain, something incredibly hard to explain to herself, let alone others.

With a smile, she landed and piveted to face him once more. "At least you look like you'll be fun to kill. The other Beaters have been very disappointing so far!" She shouted at him, her face going from bubbly to serious in a split second. Knowing that she had the benefit of reach, she knew the best thing to do was to keep those blades of his at a distance. Her own spear greatly enhanced her range, but her size counterbalanced that also. It was a tricky battle with very different styles.

Slowly trotting towards him, her spear at the ready, tip glowing bright blue in the light. Her own image suddenly split into three, exact copies that charged toward the rogue with vicious intent. Raising their blades in unison, they struck, swinging hard with the real Elise attacking from the left, going for a piercing blow.

"That's because the other beaters have been focusing on leveling up their skills rather than doing what beta testers -should- be doing. Looking for bugs and exploits." His neutral expression broke into a wicked smile as he readied himself, watching the girl splitting into three. With his eyes narrowed, he spun around himself, the cloak and the snow around him whirling up as he used one of his skills, Delay.

With a sudden gust of air, the two copies disappeared and Matthias came to a stop with one dagger raised to parry the attack. However, rather than doing so head-on, he let his dagger slide along it at an angle, causing her weapon to continue forwards and slightly down with Matthias dashing forwards, the same, wicked smile on his lips as he brought up both blades, aiming to jab them into her gut mercilessly.

Elise was impressed, he was the first person to ever fully dodge that particular sword art. She couldn't help but smile and laugh as he parried away her spear and began to slide his own daggers right at her. With a second's thought and hesitation, she let her guard down on purpose and allowed his blades to come. Almost effortlessly, his daggers dug into her chest, health depleting rapidly in the process. She knew that her speed couldn't match his, but her armor and strength, that might be something else.

As they hung together, bodies intertwined, Elise raised her spear and pointed it towards her victims back, brining it down viciously. If she was taking damage with all her armor, she could only imagine what such a blow would do to him as lightly as he was dressed.

As soon as Matthias noticed she was moving her arms and the oddly humored smile on her face, he pulled his daggers out of her and tried to move to the side, away from any blow against his back, but it was hard being so close to her and so, the blade dug into his back at the side and he winced from the ghost pain for just a moment, his health starting to drop.

"... Alright then. You leave me no choice." He spun the daggers in his grip, quickly slicing them across two of the pouches sitting at his belt, some liquid spilling over them, causing them to glow green. He then held them out to his sides, still impaled on the spear as he stared into her eyes with a steeled, determined expression. His blades started to glow an even darker green and as his health neared the last 25%, he seemingly just vanished, the spear's tip falling down from the sudden lack of something holding it in place.

Almost before she could react to the vanishing act, he reappeared behind her with a flap of his cloak, daggers both raised, facing downwards as he jammed them into the back of her neck. She still had a good chunk of health, so it wouldn't kill her, but the combination of both of his Sword Arts should hopefully deal enough damage to scare her, and if he was extra lucky... the venom would go into effect.

Elise froze as he vanished and reappeared behind her, his blades jammed awkwardly in the base of her neck. "P-poison," she mumbled, her body going limp as she faced forward, unable to move. It was a paralysis type poison, a damn powerful one too by the looks of it. She had an antidote, but without being able to move, she couldn't drink it. If he wanted, he could hack away slowly at her health and kill her at almost a moment's notice. It was the price to pay for soloing.

"Go ahead!" She shouted at him, her face becoming flush with anger and embarrassment. She wasn't about to beg, no, never. There was enough shame in her failing to kill her target as it stood. "Kill me! Come on!" Trying to move, she failed miserably, her heart fluttering at the thought of dying any moment now.

"I wouldn't hesitate, so do it already!"

Matthias slid the blades out of her neck, taking a deep breath as his attacker had been neutralized, at least for the time being. He took a deep breath, opening his inventory and taking out a healing potion, which he quickly drank, filling up his health bar again while walking around to her front, his brows furrowed as he looked over the girl. Despite her position, she was making demands at him, probably trying to 'go down with dignity'. She'd intrigued him, moreso than the usual people he'd targeted.

"Less cocky, but still as headstrong, huh? You don't strike me as the suicidal type, but you kill other players for money. Is that the only reason though? Seems to me like you kill for the fun of it, rather than any practicality."

Rolling her eyes as the boy interrogated her, she once more tried to lurch out and pierce him on the tip of her weapon. No luck. She sighed, her breathing heavy and difficult. Why did he want to talk? Couldn't he just kill her and spare her this?

"It is fun, especially when it's a beater like you," she spat, a vicious smile coming to her numbed lips. Her head was about the only thing she could control, her body useless from the neck down. "Your type are the ones who want to beat the game. You fill the ranks of the clearing parties, looking for bosses and trying to get back IRL. I won't let that happen. I don't care if I have to kill every one of you! Getting paid is just a bonus."

Raising his brows, he folded his arms across his chest, daggers still in hand, in case she somehow broke out of the paralysis, although there wasn't a big chance of that happening. Still, he liked to be prepared. "While yes, I do join the groups that fight the final boss of a dungeon, I'll assure you, that's only to try and get the loot that'll drop from him. If it was up to me, the game wasn't going to get cleared. Everybody would have to live in here and face the consequences, no matter how little they 'deserve' it, as they'd say.

He rolled his shoulder, shaking his head slightly before eyeing her over, the snow still gently falling around the two. "As I said, most beaters just tried to beat the game in the beta phase. Others went bug and exploit hunting. And even less actually reported the inconsistencies or possible abuses. Like me." He paused a moment, feeling hesitant for a moment, meeting her gaze. "Ending the game is not my goal. Quite the opposite. But the loot from the bosses can help me raise myself up."

Elise let out a laugh, her doubt seeping into an ironic and sarcastic giggle. "Yeah right, you beaters are all the same. Taking what you want is fine by me, but beating the game just can't happen. I can't let it happen!" The gentle fall of snow seemed to make this rather intense exchange seem strangely serene. SAO had a fantastic way of simulating reality and she could see and feel the snow building up on her armor and hair, doing the same to the man across from her. If not for being on the brink of death, she might have laughed at how peaceful it all looked.

"I'd rather die than leave this game." She became oddly conversational in tone, dropping the anger that was once in her voice. "Are you going to kill me or what?"

Matthias was quiet for a long while as he looked over the girl, his mind oddly blank. "That makes two of us." He finally, quietly, said before lowering his daggers, sheathing them in his belt again. The green glow on his daggers disappeared and the paralysis ending, leaving her able to move again. "No, I won't. Killing you doesn't help me reach my goal, nor yours. You can go ahead and try to kill me again if you want, but considering we both want the same... wouldn't that be a shame?" His lips twitched into a nearly unseeable smile as he waited for her reply, one hand still on his dagger, the other resting on his hip.

Puzzled and wary, Elise opened her inventory. Keeping an eye on the man and carefully searching for a potion, she called it up and drank it down quickly before he came back to his senses. Health now restored to full, she lifted her spear as if to attack again, but found she couldn't go through with it. This had never happened before. All her other marks seemed so…righteous, it was disgusting. They preached about clearing the game and getting home to see their wives and children, begging like cowards. Yet, this man didn't seem to want to leave just as much as herself.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" She mocked him, her tone teasing and light. "I could have gotten the upper hand just then and pinned you on the tip of my spear. Don't think I haven't done it before. I would have happily seen you shatter and gone to collect my winnings." But why didn't she? She could help but wonder that very thing herself.

Sitting down, her armor crunching the snow beneath her as she looked out over the lake, she seemed to lose herself in thought before speaking up again. "What are you proposing? You want to work together? I'm a solo player, baby."

Moving his hand away from his dagger again, he was now sure that she wasn't going to kill him, unless she had some kind of weird, psychological issues. He lowered himself down, taking a seat in the snow next to her, opening his inventory and pulling out his fishing rod once more, throwing out the line, as if nothing had happened. "You could quite easily kill me, in fact, considering the cooldown on my abilities. But I think, despite you saying you're a solo player, there's just not that many people in here who wants the same as you. You're not driven by greed, or I would be dead now, that much is obvious."

He paused as he got a nibble on the rod, pulling in his catch, a small, green fish, which disappeared into his inventory as he threw the line out again, glancing towards her. "We're outnumbered, you know. If we don't make some kind of partnership, everybody else are going to end up getting what they want; The end of the game. Plus..." A sly smile spread on his lips as he turned back to the lake in front of them. "... We both have a head for business it seems, so we could easily make a pretty col along the way."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Maria Renée {Princess}
Guild: The Flaming Blade

Maria sighed as she walked around the first town on floor two. She had asked Zeus and Poseidon if she could have a little time to herself for a bit and had been allowed as long as she didn't leave the town. Just because she was now guild leader wasn't going to stop the two boys overprotective older brother act it seemed. Though the now teen girl had to admit it warmed her heart that the two boys wanted to protect her.

I promise I won't let you down Psyche...The Flaming Blade. We'll survive this and make it out of here. I won't let anything happen to Zeus and Poseidon she vowed in her head clenching one of her hands into a fist. Despite her breakdown after the battle. The previous day had changed something in her. She was sad yes, but also more determined than ever to survive and keep others from meeting the same fate as her brother and Psyche.

"Maybe I'll do a little guild recruiting"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Robin - Lvl 11
Floor 2: Plains
HP: 55% - EXP: 57% - Col: 796

His gear could really use an update. After all, this is a new floor with capable equipment. His cloak, however, Robin will never part with it. When he closes his <<Main Menu>> after examining his equipment, Hono absent-mindlessly says she has something to take care, then leaves. Robin sighs. I'll have to ask her about the PKer some other time...

Robin recalls the recent event that took place. That man, he not the only one. Maybe the rest might not be here, but he can't rule out the possibility that they're after Lucina. Maybe it's best to- Robin returns to reality when Lucina begins walking back to Urbus. He can't just leave her alone with that group possibly in this death game. I'll just be her temporary bodyguard. Robin catches up to Lucina at a certain distance.

"You'll need protection if their are any more of the mafia in here," Robin offers his services to Lucina, seeing this as training. "I doubt you can handle them alone, even if you're that skillful." Urbus can be a pit-stop on the way to <<Marome Village>>. On the way, Robin can switch fighting monsters with Lucina, so that means a party must be formed. Already with a plan in mind, Robin opens the <<Main Menu>> & taps <<Friends/Guild>>, then taps <<Party>>, & finally taps the <<Create>> tab. He invites Lucina to form a party with him, then takes out his sword. This sword needs to be repaired soon, otherwise it'll break into fragments, small fragments.

Back