• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

łł Bzzzzzzzt! łł -Bug Pokemon Fan Club-

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Nope, BUT... We'll have out first weekly Bug Pokemon disscussion!
    Our first Bug of the week shall be... *drumroll please*... Venomoth!

So basically disscuss anything about venomoth, rather it's Venomoth's movepool,
    stats or Competitive battleing skills!

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    Sorry but I gotta tell ya, Claire's Dragonair is gonna own your a**! LOL
    Um Xilfer, you can't invite people here to go to a different thread.. general PC rules...

The Kingdra OWNED me 2 times LOL. Then I started a Stradegy so I Leered the Kingdra down and it got knocked out with Explosion! Still Had my Ledian left

Another Badge Down!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    I knew that Explosion is gonna give you that badge! :)
    Back on topic...
    I used Venomoth couple of times, and I gotta say that it's pretty amazing pokemon! It's Psychic owns! Not to mention status problems it can EASILY pass on!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    yes Venomoth its design is great though it you should be able to catch it wherever you can catch a butterfree pre evo IMO also I love its shiny sprite. It can also learn a self healing move Morning sun I love bugs that can heal themselves .

Its Silver wind+STAB=Owned

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    From a breeder! They're so much better than Pet stores, trust me! Google is your friend!
    I had Panidus Imperator, pretty simple to look after, yet so impressive! :) :D
    Also had a tarantula, but my mom got freaked out after two months so I had to give it to my friend! He still has it, so I check up on it from time to time!

just checked the imperator on the google, it looks nice, bulky and stuff :3
    Haaha a noobish question: waht do they eat? (small animals?)

Venomoth, ^^ mine idea so you thought why not choose my pokemon xD

So hmm venomoth, obviously name derived from venom and moth (is it just me or moths are the best bug pokemon existent e.g. urgamoth)

I dont think its actually that useful in competitive battling, its ok, but its nothing special too. But i dont do competitive battling so...i wouldnt know :P you guys would know more about it.
    I liked that pokemon when i saw that koga was using it, koga was my favourite gym leader in crystal (poison) but you know what guys, in manga, pokemon special Sabrina is using venomoth o.o so maybe it can also be classified as a part psychic. A lot of its attacks are psychic too. :) taht would be even more cool since sabrina is my new favorite gym leader ><

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I've used Venomoth semi competitive it does pretty well for its typing.
    I used this set 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    ~ Bug Buzz
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Disable
    Pretty much the smog set it did pretty well took out an Umbreon and something else I can't remember it was a while ago.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    In Pokemon Crystal, I had to choose between Venomoth and Beedrill. In the end I chose Beedrill because Venomoth's and Butterfree's movepools were kind of similiar.
    I have never used a Venomoth in generation 4, actually. Maybe I should use one next time.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Yeah ^^ Sabrina's Venomoth is epic.

I also don't battle competively, but I wouldn't mind RPing with one :P Rules for RPs are different.

For these topics even though it seemed like battle strategies... I hope it's okay to just talk about it in general.
    ofc it is.
    Have you seen sabrinas venomoth somewhere else besides manga?
    Oh more love for venomoth bcos hes part poison ^^ but he doesnt learn any poison type move tho :/ (except poison powder) still he is purple :D

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    @Tkallab you really should use one it has been greatly improved over the generations

You know you could try an Ultimate Bug Mono-type run with there being only 5 bug pokemon per version in FR/LG you'd have to use both Beedrill and Venomoth and is quite a challenge.

Edit: Venomoth can learn Poison Fang via level up in the 4th gen not to mention the tms Toxic and sludge bomb but yes not enough poison moves for a poison pokemon.I always thought it should be Bug/Psychic

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    I have a Venomoth on FR/LG, It's got great cover ups for its typing, i think the way it has psychic type attacks coupled with it's poison typing (making it dissaffective to it's fellow poison types) is a great stench killer (code word for poison type buster) if trained correctly, it could be powerfull enough to take on Sabrina's Venomoth.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    That's not true.
    Unless you're reffering to, for example Venomoth being super effective against other poison types, that's because Venomoth has psychic type moves, which are super effective against Poison type pokemon.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    just checked the imperator on the google, it looks nice, bulky and stuff :3
    Haaha a noobish question: waht do they eat? (small animals?)

Venomoth, ^^ mine idea so you thought why not choose my pokemon xD

A noobish question it is, but I'll indulge! ;)
    It eats insects(roaches, grasshoppers, other beetles), worms, larvae, even smaller reptiles and mammals(lizards, mice, ...).

Well it was your idea, so I thought I could kinda credit you this way! :)

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    I loved using Venomoth in my Competitions in Platinum. Kind of nice how I used to dress him in Fuzz Balls and flowers.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Fuzz balls?
    What are you talking about?
    WOOOOOOW HIT THE JACKPOT!
    ENDLESS PAGES OF CHEAT CODES FOR POKEMON PEARL!!!!
    IM GONNA GET ME A BUG TEAM WITH THESE!!!

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    I was talking about the Fluffy things you first get (Fuzz Balls) when you 1st open your Coordinator case.

*Awesome Just traded for a Shiny Wurmple and now he is a Dustox!*

Going to find a Venomnat in the contest today to evolve it to a cool Venomoth!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Cool.
    I have a Venomoth, i found it in the safari zone in FR/LG, but it was already a Venomoth, i didn't have to evolve it, but it's gonna make baby Venonats on four island, cuz it's a female.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back