• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

‘The Simpsons’ will NOT be canceled for good next year.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, guys. It hasn't been cancelled as of yet. Here's a statement from Harry Shearer (one of the voice actors) explaining the whole situation.

Indeed it HAS been picked up for two more seasons. I'm going to change the title to reflect this...

That's awesome, ending after 25 seasons actually would make more sense than only 23, so I hope they don't try to extend it beyond that unless they want to go for 50 seasons lool. Glad either way that there are more episodes to come. :3

Years
    It lost its touch long ago.

I'd rather watch Family Guy/American Dad/The Cleveland Show.

My brother has DVD boxsets of The Simpsons, but these days he's more likely watching his Dragon Ball Z or Family Guy DVDs.

And of course, the best Simpsons episodes were from the good old 1990's.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My brother has DVD boxsets of The Simpsons, but these days he's more likely watching his Dragon Ball Z or Family Guy DVDs.

And of course, the best Simpsons episodes were from the good old 1990's.
    Season 2 through 9 are great, with the golden years ending around Season 7. Seasons 4 and 5 are the absolute best.

And now we're on Season 23, so... they went horribly wrong somewhere

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm sad that it isn't ending now. :s I've been home and watching reruns of the Simpsons that are on almost 24/7 and they're mostly older ones that I know and love. I compare that to the few episodes I've seen in recent years and the recent stuff is just awful.

I really, really hope they stop at 25. And/or stop shoehorning in "modern" things that aren't funny and have no relevance.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I've been watching select Simpsons episodes online at one of the numerous watching Simpsons online for free sites since September.

What strikes me most about the older episodes is how there was a genuine family dynamic to it. Hell, in Season 1, Marge might have left Homer. There were still laughs, and increasingly so as the series went on, but it was about the nuclear family. I love all the flashback episodes

But now it's all about pop culture references and celebrity cameos and one or two travel episodes a season. Homer now has a general bit intentional spite to him now and Lisa went from braniac to activist.

The show's just changed too much. And it's not what I loved about (and still do, as far as the old episodes are concerned). The old writers aren't there. Really, the only constant are the voice actors.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Can we just turn this thread into one great Simpsons' 90s episode reminiscence? I was watching 'Homer Goes to College' yesterday and just kept cracking up every 20 seconds or so. So, so good.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Can we just turn this thread into one great Simpsons' 90s episode reminiscence? I was watching 'Homer Goes to College' yesterday and just kept cracking up every 20 seconds or so. So, so good.
    I'd be all for that. I was watching Dancing Homer last night. For God's sake, put some pants on.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I was sad when I first saw this I must admit as I myself am a huge Simpsons fan, it's one of the best shows out there but as they say... all good things must come to an end, I'll still watch it and I'll probally end up buying the Seasons as they are released on DVD, just unfortunate.

EDIT: Just looking around and apparently it's been renewed and picked up for another two years, so that's two seasons bringing to it's 25th. If I'm honest.. although it's not as funny and original as it used to be... I'm happy because I wouldn't like to see it go and have Family Guy dominating so it still stands in it's place and it's more episodes to watch when it actually does finally finish.. I see it reaching the way it's going posibily 30 seasons.

If I'm honest... I'd be happy with $10,000 per episode giving the fact that there is 21 episodes approximately per season, that's almost a quater of a million right there, to pay $440,000 per episode for a season that would cost $9.2 million and if you calulate that by all the seasons so far that's 23 it's a fee of $211 million so it's high time they reduce the salary, if they do they could shoot lots more episodes!

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    The Simpsons, watching this ever since I was a child, oh well. D: .. Can remember the funny memories with my sister while we're watching this show. xD

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2012
    Maybe the writers gone out of idea what will be caught the viewers eye since technology and gadgets are around.:D

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Maybe the writers gone out of idea what will be caught the viewers eye since technology and gadgets are around.:D
    The Simpsons had been around for a long time now, basically they have their exact reasons. I don't agree with you, because they could hire out other writers that can offer more ideas for them.

Years
    I've only ever watched re-runs but even then I haven't had a good laugh at it for a long time.

Maybe I'll have a full watch through one day.

I guess that when it ends it'll be picked up by another network or revived a few years later. A few years out might bring the comedy back.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Simpsons needs to go. It's such a recycled show now. It stopped being a good, humorous show in like 2004, probably even earlier. Nothing new or innovative now, and it's just making my opinion of it more and more negative as it goes on. Pretty soon it's going to be as predictable, trite, and boring as Two And a Half Men.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I don't see what you people are talking about. The Simpsons is FUNNY, it's just not as FUNNY as it was 15 years ago. It's always been there for me, in the exact same time slot. And now it's gonna be gone. ;_;

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    i love the simpsons but it's been trying a little too hard the last few years. i don't think it will improve either so it's pretty cool that they recognize that their golden age was gone. i'm not too sore on losing it cause they play reruns here all the time anyway xD

marcc5m

what
    Years

I loved that episode so much. Particularly when Homer is dancing and spells "smart" wrong.
    Honestly I think the Simpsons has become less funny over the years. I'm glad it won't be cancelled, though.

Back