• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

“Naruto Shippûden” to air on Disney XD

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I think maybe CN still have the rights to air the movie. That is what I been hearing. I would like to know why they stopped showing Naruto though. The last episode they aired was 209. Well it is their loss. They had Shippuuden in their grasp, but Disney XD took it away from them. That is what they get. I have a feeling it will do well in Disney XD. Probably not like Naruto in CN, but it will do.

I think it was because at that time Toonami started to die out and they had no other place to fit it really, which is kind of stupid because I'm sure we all could think of a many of places to show it on their schedule.

They did start showing it late at night during the weekdays after a certain point.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Bad marketing in their part. I do agree with you on that. There were other places they could have aired the other episodes of Naruto. Even if Toonami died. I guess they wanted to put in their reality tv in there as quickly as possible. I swear...they will be hurting once Shippuuden hit the airwaves at the end of October. I have a feeling that Disney XD will be a new home for other anime.

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Wow. Disney airing ..naruto? That's shocking. O_O;. Naruto has a lot of swearing in it so would they censor it? -.-;. Also my friend told me Disney bought Marvel like last week..for making a marvel movie and also bought a designer or developer of Halo 3?

EDIT: Just googled and it said disney bought Marvel for 4Billion Dollars(Link here) and disney also bought Hired co-creator of Halo 3 Seropian. o.o

Years
    Disney? I thought it was a kid's program (Shippuuden's kinda..um...)
    Fine with me, I guess. I don't really care where they decide to air it. ^^;

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Baka Viz

They better not censor the heck out of it or I shall go into Angry Naruto Fanboy mode!

We've seen what England did, and we've seen what 4Kids would do, first, marvel, now NARUTO!?

o.o why would disney want to show anime? well thats ok i think

Disney showed Digimon when it still had jetix, it also dubbed Savers (though I certainly agree that toy could have done better with "Citramon"), but if disney changes one thing, ONE MAJOR THING, I would wish 4Kids had it instead, first, disney takes Marvel, now they have taken Naruto, what is next on their hit list, Nintendo, sega, the US ARMY!?

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Complain, complain, complain...

This is good news. Maybe not directly towards Naruto fans, but more towards getting a bigger fanbase for Naruto and possibly making anime a tiny bit more mainstream again. (the last maybe a bit too optimistic, though.)

They can cut it up all they want, but it won't matter. This airing is intended to get a new audience. Current Naruto/Naruto Shippuden fans already have UNCUT, LEGAL, and FREE streaming of both Naruto and Naruto Shippuden... And don't forget the Simulcast. Not very many series actually have a Simulcast. Plus there are the uncut DVD's.

But you know what? You Naruto/Naruto Shippuden fans don't even have to PAY to legally watch uncut Naruto/Naruto Shippuden. They have been handed to you on a silver platter.

So quit your complaining. This is not like 4Kids. When 4Kids dubbed One Piece there were no uncut DVD's and there was no UNCUT streaming. There was no streaming at all.

Lastly, it's airing on Wednesday night, right? Guess what that's competing with? CN Real. The dreaded block on Cartoon Network that we all want gone. It's going to be competing with NARUTO Shippuden.

Again, there is no reason to complain!

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    I agree with a post above me, why would Disney wanna show anime? Well, whatever, as long as they don't make it unrecognizable. I <3 Shippuden

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Envy II said:
    Lastly, it's airing on Wednesday night, right? Guess what that's competing with? CN Real. The dreaded block on Cartoon Network that we all want gone. It's going to be competing with NARUTO Shippuden.

And? It's not like Naruto Shippûden will be aired in enough households that have Nielsen Boxes to beat whatever Cartoon Network has.

Sakura Rain said:
    why would Disney wanna show anime?

Because Naruto Shippûden is a cartoon aimed at the same demographic that Disney XD is targeting.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Disney really wants a larger male audience(hence it buying out Marvel). Luckily I will get to watch!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I thought it was THAT Disney. D: Phew, got me scared.

But there's so many blood/gore. And swearing. And Sai's jokes. (XD)
    Are they gonna censor all that?!

Bay

Years
    Disney really wants a larger male audience(hence it buying out Marvel). Luckily I will get to watch!
    You may be right. Heh, when I first heard about that, I'm like, "oh great they're going to change Marvel a lot." Part of the reason is how many of the fairytales and stories Disney get their stories from they changed the plot and personality of characters a lot, even though I actually like the movies. XD; However, now I think about it, maybe Disney won't do too much harm on Marvel, so going to wait and see a couple of Marvel shows/movies they come up with and then make my judgment there. However, yeah that movie and also the Naruto Shippuden one also will bring in more male audience. Have fun watching when it comes! :)

I thought it was THAT Disney. D: Phew, got me scared.

But there's so many blood/gore. And swearing. And Sai's jokes. (XD)
    Are they gonna censor all that?!
    I forgot about Sai's jokes. XD; I admit, not sure too much about Disney XD and how much editing that channel does to shows overseas, but probably Sai's jokes and the blood/gore won't be edited that much. I still think Hidan's swearing will be censored quite a bit though for some odd reason. XD;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    At first it took me back a little. But then I remembered this: The precursor to Disney XD was Toon Disney, Toon Disney used to air the Jetix block. Jetix showed a number of anime shows like Shinzo, Beyblade, Mon Colle Knights, and others that I can't think of off the top of my head. They also marketed the Miyazaki films in the U..S., so anime isn't out of their realm.

Of course, I'm not a fan of Naruto, but I'm hoping they someday acquire the rights for Little Snow Fairy Sugar and broadcast that during their morning/early afternoon programming block :P

Grexx

Angel of Truth
    Years
    At first it took me back a little. But then I remembered this: The precursor to Disney XD was Toon Disney, Toon Disney used to air the Jetix block. Jetix showed a number of anime shows like Shinzo, Beyblade, Mon Colle Knights, and others that I can't think of off the top of my head. They also marketed the Miyazaki films in the U..S., so anime isn't out of their realm.

Me too. This was very surprising. Seems like Disney is going on one of their "Letz bai erp erything agian!" campaign. Now, it seems they are targeting us geeks. Feel sorry for all of the fans who don't know about the Uncut or streaming on the web. Censorship is going to up the ass. Though, I do agree that it won't be 4kid's level of fail.

Xaddion

Yes.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    It's great that Shippuden's getting dubbed at all, in my opinion.

Well, seeing as Viz is doing the dubbing, it won't be that major. XD is 6-14, so they could probably make it either PG or 14. CN did it outside of Adult Swim, so XD doing might not be too surprising. Besides, Viz can release an uncut DVD like they did for the original Naruto.

But what's for sure is that nothing is on this series' fate for now, so don't complain just yet.(At least not until the episodes air. Then you can choose to complain or not)

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
    Ahahah.. this topic's replies almost mirror the thread on Janime about this thing. XD Honestly, Disney getting ahold of Shippuden isn't a big deal at all.. VIZ is still dubbing it, and the editing will be about the same amount that it had on CN. The only huge change will probably be the channel change.. aside from that. Eh.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Why does this really matter to us? I mean, most of us watch the subs anyway and we're acting as if we speak for the other people who will watch this. If they're not big enough fans to watch the subs then chances are they really won't care or know about the censorship. The people who really get into it will then proceed to use the internet to research or learn more and then watch subs as well, then they will read the manga. Well, that's my rant on censorship and US dubs.

Chances are it won't be that bad, the fillers already ruined Shippuden anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    You may be right. Heh, when I first heard about that, I'm like, "oh great they're going to change Marvel a lot." Part of the reason is how many of the fairytales and stories Disney get their stories from they changed the plot and personality of characters a lot, even though I actually like the movies. XD; However, now I think about it, maybe Disney won't do too much harm on Marvel, so going to wait and see a couple of Marvel shows/movies they come up with and then make my judgment there. However, yeah that movie and also the Naruto Shippuden one also will bring in more male audience. Have fun watching when it comes! :)

I forgot about Sai's jokes. XD; I admit, not sure too much about Disney XD and how much editing that channel does to shows overseas, but probably Sai's jokes and the blood/gore won't be edited that much. I still think Hidan's swearing will be censored quite a bit though for some odd reason. XD;

Viz owns the show , not Disney. Most likely ,it's probably geared towards older audiences ,so it's going to be on Saturday nights ,and be left uncut.

Back