• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

† Sinnoh Victors † - The Fourth Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
Years
  • hi there, nagaraja! I agree with you on Platinum. It is my most favorite mainstream game ever!
    Definately. :D It was groundbreaking. I miss the underground in black and white. That's where I spent most of my time XD
    And the character designs for the leaders and the trainers was awesome. Especially the female trainers outfit. I loved her coat and "Ugg" boots.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • The best legend? I liked Heatran and the whole idea behind him. It was a cool thing to do after you had beaten the elite four and champion. People say he's ugly, but I don't really think so. (For those of you who are wondering, I know some of you are going to hate me for this.)

Nagaraja

Years
  • The best legend? I liked Heatran and the whole idea behind him. It was a cool thing to do after you had beaten the elite four and champion. People say he's ugly, but I don't really think so. (For those of you who are wondering, I know some of you are going to hate me for this.)

I actually agree with you there. He wasn't the prettiest, but he was interesting. :D Heatran needs more love.
    Although I do prefer Darkrai and Cresellia. I don't know why, probably the design aspect.

Years
  • Ooohhh May I join

Name: Nagaraja
    Partner Pokemon: Wicca the Mismagius
    Reason for Joining: Generation IV was groudbreaking for me. With the underground, and the new evolutions of our favorite original pokemon, it really made the world of pokemon expand for me, and I still religiously play Platinum.
    The most original pokemon game, and one of my absolute favorites. :D

Hi Nagaraja!

I've been seeing you join so many Pokemon clubs already.

So, why did you choose Mismagius? It's such an awesome Pokemon, I have one in Black with a Modest nature which is technically the best nature for it. She's also female.

Yeah, I have fond memories of Platinum but I play Black right now.

Nagaraja

Years
  • Hi Nagaraja!

I've been seeing you join so many Pokemon clubs already.

So, why did you choose Mismagius? It's such an awesome Pokemon, I have one in Black with a Modest nature which is technically the best nature for it. She's also female.

Yeah, I have fond memories of Platinum but I play Black right now.

Well I guess I'm not as shy as I thought. :P
    Mismagius is my second favorite Ghost pokemon, first is Chandelure, which I see is your set. It's wonderful. :D
    I have the same. I tend to prefer female pokemon. I have three... one Modest Female, Lonely Female, and Bold Female.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

New topic: 'Which is your favourite Gen IV legendary Pokemon?'
    You didn't ask why....

1) Sky Shaymin
    2) Arceus
    3) Cresselia
    4) (Prefer Origin over Altered) Giratina
    5) Dialga
    6) Darkrai
    7) Land Shaymin
    8) Azelf
    8) Palkia
    10) Mesprit
    11) Manaphy
    12) Phione
    13) Heatran
    14) Uxie
    15) Regigigas

Years
  • Well I guess I'm not as shy as I thought. :P
    Mismagius is my second favorite Ghost pokemon, first is Chandelure, which I see is your set. It's wonderful. :D
    I have the same. I tend to prefer female pokemon. I have three... one Modest Female, Lonely Female, and Bold Female.

I guess it means you love Ghost-types, they can be cool and some make great walls too.

Mismagius is such a beautiful Pokemon.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Name: TylerSymes
    Partner Pokemon: I don't have 1
    Reason for Joining: Good anime series,great games that changed the series*wifi*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Welcome to both new members! I hope you settle in fine here. :)

Seems that people are loving the two mighty dragons, but where's the love for Giratina! :o Less love for Shaymin than I expected too. xD

New topic: 'Which is your favourite Sinnoh starter Pokemon & why?'

I'll include the "& why?" for Sector's sake. ;) Personally for me it's such a hard choice between Piplup and Chimchar. Piplup is utterly adorable and an all-time favourite of mine, but its evolutions are horrid! In contrast, I really don't like Chimchar at all, I think it looks silly; however Monferno and Infernape are the best! And Infernape, being such a good battler, kinda tips it over the edge. So I'll go with Chimchar. ^^

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Welcome to both new members! I hope you settle in fine here. :)

Seems that people are loving the two mighty dragons, but where's the love for Giratina! :o Less love for Shaymin than I expected too. xD

New topic: 'Which is your favourite Sinnoh starter Pokemon & why?'

I'll include the "& why?" for Sector's sake. ;) Personally for me it's such a hard choice between Piplup and Chimchar. Piplup is utterly adorable and an all-time favourite of mine, but its evolutions are horrid! In contrast, I really don't like Chimchar at all, I think it looks silly; however Monferno and Infernape are the best! And Infernape, being such a good battler, kinda tips it over the edge. So I'll go with Chimchar. ^^
    Honestly? I hate the starters for Generation 4 and continues that hate toward Generation 5. I do choose the Infernape family-line to use throughout the game up to beating the Champion/Elite Four. After that I just toss him in the box, telling him to live his life away in a cage.

Not a big fan of Monkey. Torterra looks like he's been beaten up one to many times. Empoleon has a unique typing, but is strange looking, in my opinion. But they are certainly better than the 5th Generation starters (Except Snivy's family ha).

Nagaraja

Years
  • I always chose Chimchar. I love infernape, and there aren't many good fire types in 4th gen. So I tend to go with Chimchar so I can have a fire type on my team when needed.

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • 'Which is your favourite Sinnoh starter Pokemon & why?'

Piplup. :) The thought that it becomes an ice Pokemon at the end. The best type for me. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Welcome to our new member! ^^

'Which is your favourite Sinnoh starter Pokemon & why?'

Piplup. :) The thought that it becomes an ice Pokemon at the end. The best type for me. :)

It becomes Water/Steel type :) Which I've always found so weird... xD

Seems Chimchar is the favourite, but where's the love for Turtwig? :o Poor thing! :( I think Turtwig is cute and Grovyle may even be cuter, but Torterra is certainly not something I'd be interested in using :3

New topic: 'Do you prefer the Johto Gen IV games or the Sinnoh games & why?'

Personally these two are my all-time favourites. Pearl and Heartgold were both such amazing games! I think if I had to choose, I'd go for Heartgold since there's more to do post-league (eg the battle frontier, pokeathlon, various over things like that) and due to the partners following; plus due to being coupled with Kanto it's like having two games in one :3 But Pearl was utterly amazing too with additions like the Pokeradar and some very interesting ways to get new Pokemon (eg spiritomb; rotom), so both are brilliant games in my books! Plus it was a huge shame that certain Pokemon introduced in Sinnoh couldn't be found in Johto, for example Pachirisu and others couldn't be found till post-league, for example Buizel - I would've loved to have played through with these Pokemon D:

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • Welcome to our new member! ^^

It becomes Water/Steel type :) Which I've always found so weird... xD

Seems Chimchar is the favourite, but where's the love for Turtwig? :o Poor thing! :( I think Turtwig is cute and Grovyle may even be cuter, but Torterra is certainly not something I'd be interested in using :3

New topic: 'Do you prefer the Johto Gen IV games or the Sinnoh games & why?'

Personally these two are my all-time favourites. Pearl and Heartgold were both such amazing games! I think if I had to choose, I'd go for Heartgold since there's more to do post-league (eg the battle frontier, pokeathlon, various over things like that) and due to the partners following; plus due to being coupled with Kanto it's like having two games in one :3 But Pearl was utterly amazing too with additions like the Pokeradar and some very interesting ways to get new Pokemon (eg spiritomb; rotom), so both are brilliant games in my books! Plus it was a huge shame that certain Pokemon introduced in Sinnoh couldn't be found in Johto, for example Pachirisu and others couldn't be found till post-league, for example Buizel - I would've loved to have played through with these Pokemon D:
    I prefer johto gen IV game because of everything you said ^^

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I always chose Chimchar. I love infernape, and there aren't many good fire types in 4th gen. So I tend to go with Chimchar so I can have a fire type on my team when needed.
    Well honestly, there really aren't any Fire Types aside from Infernape and Magmartor...and of course, Heatran. So Sinnoh Region hates Fire? :O

I prefer johto gen IV game because of everything you said ^^
    Spent more time playing SoulSilver over Pearl/Diamond combined!

SoulSilver definitely and agreeing with Johnny18 with what he said about what AlexOzzyCake said. LOL tongue twister!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back