• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: ••• Pokémon Green Tree Edition •••

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    ••• Pokémon Green Tree Edition •••

••• Intro Message •••
    Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

Hello, everyone. I'm Esmas... most of you know me as a hacker and a spriter. This is not my first hack, actually it's like the... 6th. But, this is my first Ruby hack, so it might not fit your, or my taste. It actually all started on the Pokémon Crater Forums. Someone showed me a video on YouTube, and it was actually Shiny Gold. So I was interested and found Foullump's Shiny Gold Version Tutorial. That sent me here, the PokeCommunity, and that's how it all started.
    There's a life's story for 'ya. xD

••• Hack Information •••
    The power of science is staggering!

Hack Name: ••• Pokémon Green Tree Edition •••
    Hack of:

Author: Esmas

••• Special Features •••
    Signs are useful, aren't they?

••• New Tiles •••
    ••• New Palettes •••
    ••• New Sprites •••
    ••• New Scripts •••
    ••• New-Old Region •••
    ••• New everything! •••

••• New Places •••

Valhalla - You will meet Celebi in the Viridian Forest, and he/she will time travel you to Valhalla, which is in the future.

Heaven - This will appear at The Zeppelin, which was originally the S.S. Anne. It will weirdly fly to this place called 'Heaven'.

Atlantis - Cinnabar Island will sink into the water and turns into Atlantis. xD

••• The Storyline •••
    Now, leap into the world of Pokémon!

You are a young boy who is moving from your old house in Johto to Kanto. You move to Pallet Town, and it is a very quiet town. One day, you decide to venture through the tall grass by yourself. You see that a man and a young girl is being attacked. The man says to take one of the Pokéballs from a basket, so you grab one and you defend them. You win, and you are sent to the man's lab, who turns out to be Prof. Oak! He gives you the Pokémon that you used, and that's where your journey begins.

This is only the start, but later on you'll be able to travel to places like Valhalla, Atlantis, and more! So wait a few months and you'll get it. xD

••• The Media •••
    Screenshots, videos, etc.

Old screenshots until the new tiles and palettes.

Spoiler:

••• Bugs & Glitches •••
    Eeek! A bug!

Spoiler:

••• Credits •••
    The team.

EsMaS - Spriter, Mapper, Scripter, Tile Inserter, Other
    Crashink - Tile Inserter, Palette Editor
    Forgotten Memory - Tile Inserter, Palette Editor
    Kid Nino - Mapper

••• Special Thanks •••
    Thanks, everyone!

*Neos* - Indexed Sprites, Some Tiles
    Coronis - Hero & Heroine Sprites
    Kyledove - Some Sprites, Some Tiles

••• Support Us! •••
    Banners, Userbars, whatever.

- EsMaS

- Madina Lake

- Crashink

Please donate if you have time.

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Looks like everyone can change their Tilesets palette now..
    But that's not always a good thin. Yeah, sorry, I don't like your palette :s

Lash

Years
    Spoiler:

Theres a banner for ya. Hope it is good.

And, the screens are looking excellent.

Edit:

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/tuscontripfile123/119782642757064.gif['/'img] [/QUOTE]
    [SIZE="1"](Remove the ')[/SIZE]

Last edited:

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I think it looks good, but theres scope fro improvment.

There is also a guy stnading on a rock. o.0

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    I could help test it out, and give feedback, though I don't really know how to romhack in general. Was planning to learn though, so getting involved might be fun =)

Edit - since it's in a way a Kanto remake, why not use the original RB/Y/G sprites (if they look nice) recolored? I could try for those =)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Good news everyone! It's the debut of the...
    Shadow Inc.'s Hacks Showcase Rating System
    First and foremost, not that important, though it is the first thing we see...
    Graphics:
    The trainer sprites are done extremely well and match the Ruby style of things very well. The tilesets are unique though could probably use some color work (perhaps darker/thicker outlines). All in all, quite good in the graphics department. 22 of 25.
    Plot/Information:
    Not much at all is given on the hack, besides being a Kanto remake. The rest of the storyline told is quite similar to Ruby's original beginning. 7 of 25.
    Mapping:
    Once again, it seems entirely too similar to Ruby, including the starting in the truck. Adding in the person on the rock in Route 1, just makes the maps need a good amount of work. 5 of 25.
    Scripting/Feature Implementation:
    Not very much is shown except for edited text and the default names changed, though there are no flaws visible in it. Which with how some hacks come out, is quite good that it has no grievous spelling/grammatical mistakes. 10 of 25.
    Other/Bonus:
    The title screen is already edited, though it still needs some work, as it still says "Ruby" as the version. 2 of 0.

Summary:
    A hack that looks nice graphically, though needs a bit of work in all other respects. It resembles Ruby quite a bit, and needs to branch off more into its own game to be successful. This is just the beginning though (and a test of this system, so results may not be appropriate), and there's still plenty of opportunity to improve it and make it a huge creation of your own. Work hard as your game progresses further and create a star hack. 46%

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Me, I hate Ruby. Period. Not that your hack is any less because it's a ruby rom, I just hate Ruby. You can't even Get rid of the truck Animation.

More on-topic: The palettes, I don't like them, the trees are almost invisible, and the houses are too bright.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Oh,man!
    No offence but I don't really care for the palette.
    Well let me refrase that...
    I like everything except fot the Tall grass,Trees and those hoppy things.....(forgot the name XD!)
    But,all in all the game looks pretty good so far.....
    Well I was never particurly fond of the moving Truck.....
    But oh well what ever tickles your fancy!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well Esmas, I'm gonna be sincere with you, since I know that you'll take this in the good way. But your hack still has a long way to go to even meet the requirements of effort for a hack getting approved (in my opinion). I know, it's your first hack, but that'd be even a better excuse to give a better first impression.
    So far, out of the palette edits, we cannot see too much of anything else, only two maps, and a few screenshots of edited text, that'll make a lot of people say "it still feels like Ruby"

At least, I'd have waited till I had a good bunch of other maps ready, and maybe one or two new scripts. Don't you think so?

OK, talking about the palettes, as a personal opinion again I don't think they look too natural (this tends to happen on most bright palettes, but, hey, I also think DP palettes are unnatural, so don't pay that much attention to my comment... ;)), but that's just a matter of opinions...

To conclude, it's a bit too early for your hack to show up on the Hacks Showcase, Esmas. Hope you can improve it!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    I actually like the graphics for the most part, don't see what you people have against it. Different color houses are cool, and since all the towns in Kanto are named after a color, why not have some houses of that color?

Yellow Magikoopa

Doin' the electric slide
    Years
    I actually like the graphics for the most part, don't see what you people have against it. Different color houses are cool, and since all the towns in Kanto are named after a color, why not have some houses of that color?

Like when you play Yellow on a GBC? Excellent idea.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
    Your hack doesn't look like a remake to me, you should change the way you start, like what sergio did to Naranja. Another thing is that your Pallet town looks weird-it's still Littleroot Town but has only a few things added and I could barely see anything in that Titlescreen of yours, I suggest a Pallete change. Good Luck with your Hack!!!

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Like zel said, you should really work a lot on the hack before showcasing it to the Pokecommunity Hacks Showcase, and if you don't know how to script and stuff, learn how to. It still feels like Ruby, but I know that if you work hard and take your time, you can produce something great.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Well Esmas, I'm gonna be sincere with you, since I know that you'll take this in the good way. But your hack still has a long way to go to even meet the requirements of effort for a hack getting approved (in my opinion). I know, it's your first hack, but that'd be even a better excuse to give a better first impression.
    So far, out of the palette edits, we cannot see too much of anything else, only two maps, and a few screenshots of edited text, that'll make a lot of people say "it still feels like Ruby"

At least, I'd have waited till I had a good bunch of other maps ready, and maybe one or two new scripts. Don't you think so?

OK, talking about the palettes, as a personal opinion again I don't think they look too natural (this tends to happen on most bright palettes, but, hey, I also think DP palettes are unnatural, so don't pay that much attention to my comment... ;)), but that's just a matter of opinions...

To conclude, it's a bit too early for your hack to show up on the Hacks Showcase, Esmas. Hope you can improve it!
    Actually I have up to Viridian City, but I just didn't show screenshots of it. And, I only put it up so people can support me and feel good. :D

Well the hack looks nice. But Please credit ~Wave because she/he made a rom base
    Actually, I didn't know he made it. I credited SHN for it anyway, since it was on there.

I made a small improvement. I changed the font to make it a bit bubbly. ;D
    Here's a screenshots:

And about the thing where you start in the truck, I will make it so your start in your house. Thanks for the critism, everyone!

Lastly, about the palettes and tiles, I REALLY need someone to change them for me. I am currently mapping, scripting and spriting, but I, first of all don't have time for it, and second of all just don't know how. O.o

...Oh and about the thing that it looks like Ruby. I actually completely destroyed the map and redid it, but I guess the graphics make it look like Ruby too much, eh?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Well If you change it enough then it will not feel like Ruby anymore.
    Despite the graphics!
    Also uhhh.....didn't Palette Town have some water at the bottom of it?
    Looks good to me!
    besides the un-natural palette!
    Anyways,
    I wish you the best of luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back