• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Oh yea I have to do some catching up as well in hs1 and trainers aaaaa getting to it

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yeah I'm way too far behind on anything that involves Carnage lol.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    wow i've literally never seen this here lmao

new year, time to shift gear! rps better start runnin again D:< that do mean catching up on reading and maybe even re-reading ur own stuff to get urself back in mindset

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Man, I really gotta get involved with an RP these days and seriously stick to it. I spend a lot of time developing (what I hope are!) decent characters and then I just… trail off… (︶︹︺)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ohoo a visit :fufu:

I've been trying to push others to make short RPs for months now lmao because I don't have the guts to make them myself anymore ;;

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    hell yeah january revitalization!!

ive been slacking on doing a lot of back-end planning and prep for arcs but NO MORE we gonna get GOIN again

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I've been playing around with ideas for a while, but the lat two RPs I started ended up flopping, so I've been moreso focused on other activities ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I think it's hard lately because of The World but also just because we're all real adults now with many things to deal with; it means we all have less time for fun hobbies. ;w; Means everyone who already is in one or two active RPs is very unlikely to be able to join or make another and not burn out or fall behind unfortunately

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think it's hard lately because of The World but also just because we're all real adults now with many things to deal with; it means we all have less time for fun hobbies. ;w; Means everyone who already is in one or two active RPs is very unlikely to be able to join or make another and not burn out or fall behind unfortunately
    i mean i'd love to attract new players but that wont happen without new rps v:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    i mean i'd love to attract new players but that wont happen without new rps v:
    yeah that's part of what I'm sayin; making and sustaining an RP is a lot of work and many of us are already tied up in high-effort RPs! but that's also part of why I'm planning on more events and stuff too; extremely short/low-commitment things to get people into and used to how we play over here should be pretty helpful! and maybe those events can expand into longer games, too, who knows. it'll be fun to find out!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yeah massive credit to all of you who run RPs and play multiple characters and make storylines. I don't think my mind can even comprehend that level of multitasking.

Still, I want to get into a proper RP one of these days and not just write character sheets, make one post, and fall off. That's another new resolution for this year!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Yeah massive credit to all of you who run RPs and play multiple characters and make storylines. I don't think my mind can even comprehend that level of multitasking.

Still, I want to get into a proper RP one of these days and not just write character sheets, make one post, and fall off. That's another new resolution for this year!
    It comes together one thing at a time ofc! Practise and observation and getting into a rhythm and all that- holding everything in your head is just a matter of having built up to it all, right? Knowing your limits really helps; I hesitantly expand my workload once in a while but more often than not end up back where I started. :( I just have to accept that what I'm doing atm is exactly the amount I can keep up with while giving my best effort to all. ^^;

I hope some people find time or desire to GM so more people can play! I can make events and you can play in those to kinda, get used to things, but it's not the same as a full RP. :')

Roleplaying sounds like a lot of fun

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Is there a tutorial out there about how to be a good GM? Like, how to do proper world building and making events for players and keeping people active? I'd love to see something like that because maybe just RPing isn't for me, maybe I'd be better suited as a RPer and GM also?

Dunno, just like to keep options open!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Is there a tutorial out there about how to be a good GM? Like, how to do proper world building and making events for players and keeping people active? I'd love to see something like that because maybe just RPing isn't for me, maybe I'd be better suited as a RPer and GM also?

Dunno, just like to keep options open!

We mods talked a while ago about revamping like, resources and tutorials for the section but it's... honestly really hard to figure out how to do imo. We should definitely return to that discussion, though- just because it's hard doesn't mean it's not worth doing!

I think at the base of it, no matter what someone chooses to make or how they run their game, the ultimate key to keeping an RP going is constant communication and engagement. We're working together on something complex and fun, after all, so we really do have to communicate! And the more we talk, the more engaged we are- the better we know each other and the better we work together. :) I make a point to be very present, and offer help to anyone that needs it, and talk through difficult points so nobody gets stuck and gives up! Consistent weekly check-ins with OOC and IC components are only the start of it, really.

I spose to start, I think having a base world pretty well fleshed-out helps, which is why setting an RP in an established franchise is helpful. Knowing and establishing what you want to use from that franchise is also great, considering a lot of long-running ones (including Pokémon) have components that have variable interpretations and even just straight up contradict themselves lmao. There's a good amount of expectations that should be set for your players- activity levels, goals to work toward, the general vibe of the RP... setting expectations and rules that you can point to is something I like very much, so everyone knows and can be held to them. And I personally do a lot of resource-making for my RPs; I have quite a few documents that my players can just open up and have tons of information at their fingertips that they can quickly skim and search. It's hard to keep up with though, and I often make more work for myself than is actually necessary. -w-;; But! If it's even just there for me, it works out~

gosh I really could go on about it, but this is only one perspective and thought process and organizing all the ideas from nothing is a struggle ahaha

Back