• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☯ The Dragon Ball Fan Club ☯

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Jackie Chun says "Peace!"

Oh man, a Dragonball club. I must join!

My favourite character? I like Gohan, Cell, and Piccolo. The order changes XD.

I like Gohan because I really grew up watching Dragonball Z. As a kid, I liked to watched the young boy being the hero. I absolutely loved the Cell saga because of this. Not to mention, we see how he grows up from the beginning to the end of the series. He's just an awesome character.
I like Cell because he's an awesome villain. He's strong and powerful, his personality is so cocky and arrogant, the whole thing was just a game to him. Not to mention, he's a freaking robot. I love robots lol.
And Piccolo. The first proper villain that some say is the point where the whole Dragonball series changes from light-hearted, comedic with some fighting, to generally quite sci-fi, with a much more major focus on the fighting. Plus, he's a freaking demon. And the way that his own character develops into a father figure for Gohan... He really is the first "proper villain" that becomes a good guy.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Can I join? Hurray another Gohan fan, he's my favorite too I love how sweet he is. Like some one said you really watch him grow, from a baby to a kid to a teen to an adult and you even see that he has a kid himself at the end of Z. I loved his friendship he had with Krillin and Piccolo, funny enough no one else had what Gohan had, he even got to train hard with his dad. Yah the Cell games were the best, showed how awesome he truly is.

Murasaki_Paz28

Ninjaa ♥
Years
I jus finished my rewatching of the whole seriez... i dont get tired of it,, itz awsome !! :D I dont watch kai,, i sometimez see my bro watching it,, it seemz to be jus the same thing to me. Goku may be the main charcter and alot of yalz favorite but to me... he can sometimez get on my nervez... like when hez all grown up and stuff,, i understand he iz the main character and all but other than him and Gohan,, nobodiez really gotten some real glory :( But all the same,, i love the seriez... i like GT alot :)

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
I'd like to join the Dragon Ball Fan Club.
I also grew watching the series on Toonami, which I greatly miss. :/

I'd have to say that my favorite character is probably Trunks, more so Future Trunks.
I just though he was a genuine bad-ass!
He appears and pwns Frieza by slicing him in half with a broad sword. 8D
Present Trunks is pretty cool too, but I don't think he could match up to Future Trunks.

omg I know. D: Toonami was the last good thing CN had going for them at the time near it's ending. (Excuse me for becoming a bit off-topic, but anything around 04-05~ish Cartoon Network was amazing. The commercial bumps, the shows, etc. As a kid growing up during that era, it made me have my best summer ever.)

It's kind of sad that there's no anime channel or anything they could have stuff like DB on. (I think they have a Funimation channel somewhere, but IDK what it has)
Speaking of which, how many of you are watching/rewatching DB currently? :D
I remember seeing a Funimation channel when I went over to my aunt's ex-boyfriend's place.
But he had satellite. I think only certain carriers provide the channel, if you pay for that package.

Another thing, guys. Have you ever noticed the extreme similarities between Naruto (if you have seen it) and Dragon Ball? I know that Kishimoto was inspired by Toriyama, but jeez. Look at these:
Rock Lee's Drunken Fist = Jackie Chun's Drunken Fist
Master Roshi can be seen as a parallel to Jiraiya
Naruto transforms into Nine-Tailed Fox, Goku transforms into Ape, etc.

So, have any of you noticed these similarities, or any others that I haven't mentioned?
I really wouldn't attribute all those parallels directly from DBZ. Dragon Ball Z also draws from other things. Jackie Chun is a parallel to Jackie Chan only the u and a are different. Jackie Chan stared in the movie Drunken Master, which also featured drunken boxxing. Yeah Master Roshi parallels Jiraiya, they are both mentor figures, this is common place in many stories for thousands of years where the protagonist is supported by a mentor.
Well I think there's a parallel between Jiraiya and Master Roshi more so because they're both hermits, and both perverted. xD

I was considering watching Kai after I'm done with the whole series, but IDK. It might be kind of redundant.
What is Kai about, I never got into it that much.
Is it just a revisit of the original DBZ series?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017

What is Kai about, I never got into it that much.
Is it just a revisit of the original DBZ series?
Kai is just a reanimation of the series, that cuts out most filler (Supposedly. From some comparisons I've seen, any episode endings try to match with episode endings of the original anime, as opposed to episode endings of the manga). If I remember right, some animation is changed (like explosions), sounds are rerecorded, as are all the voices (which means that any seiyuus that passed away- iirc, Tien and the Ox King- are recorded using replacements) and I think it has a whole new musical score (don't hold me on that, though). And its recensored, so less blood and stuff.

But, of course, I focus mainly on the negatives. It's something that if you watched DBZ as a kid, I suggest watching Kai to visit all those old memories again. Then again, I kind of stopped watching after a dozen or so episodes lol.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Can I join? Hurray another Gohan fan, he's my favorite too I love how sweet he is. Like some one said you really watch him grow, from a baby to a kid to a teen to an adult and you even see that he has a kid himself at the end of Z. I loved his friendship he had with Krillin and Piccolo, funny enough no one else had what Gohan had, he even got to train hard with his dad. Yah the Cell games were the best, showed how awesome he truly is.

You are missing something...*cough*firstpostlookthere*cough*

Yeah, Kai is supposed to have less filler.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Haha I'd like to join up. I only watched DBZ a few times on Toonami when I was little, but I read all of DB and DBZ~

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Hi, can I join?

I find Goku a bit of a Gary-Stu, but an excellently pulled off Gary-Stu. Everyone loves him (well, almost), funny, charming (in a childish way), innocent and he seems to always end up the strongest. At the same time though, he loses just enough to not be annoying.

But he's not my favourite character and to be honest I'm not sure if I actually have a favourite character. I like a lot, but no one in particular stands out to me.

Has anyone seen Team Four Star Abridged series? I find it very funny, though they've lost their touch I think the last few episodes. Voice acting is brilliant though, and they've managed to add a comical twist to most of the characters without straying too much from the way the characters originally were. I don't think there's really anything that offensive in it for kids, but I should probably just note that it's for teen audiences or over.

Jackie Chun says: "Peace"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh! I forgot to note my favorite character! I don't really know, but I quite liked Yajirobe and Yamcha. :> And of course Oolong and Pu'ar~

Enigma

Years
Welcome to the new members. :D Also, two new topics up for discussion, which includes Favorite Story Arc and Favorite Villain.
I'm in the process of watching all of the series/ reading it, so for now, my favorite story arc is the Tournament Saga. I haven't watched enough to really see any potential favorite villains, but when I figure out one, I'll be sure to share it with you guys.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Also, two new topics up for discussion, which includes Favorite Story Arc and Favorite Villain.
Favourite story arc:
I'm not entirely sure, actually... I really liked the Cell arc because I know how the villains were changed by the editor ("An old guy and a fat guy? Seriously?" "2 kids, really?" "He's ugly, change him" "Still ugly, change him again" "THERE YOU GO!"). And it has my favourite villain, Cell, my favourite protag, Gohan, and Trunks, who's awesome.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
My favorite Story Arc is probably either King Piccolo Arc or the Trunks/Android arc. The editor probably changed it cause he figured using Android 19 and Dr. Gero wasn't going to get them very far. So they expanded the story to include 17 and 18 which were the ones Trunks encounter then some how history was altered producing 16.

My favorite villain is probably Vegeta, this guy is a ruthless S.O.B and doesn't take crap and he is broken at points. Like how he endured all the crap on Earth and still managed to survive.

Murasaki_Paz28

Ninjaa ♥
Years
I dont have favorite arc but my favorite villian would also have to be Vegeta,, he seems to be heartless at first but as he begins to live a life on earth with everyone,, he shows a good side to him and that makes him awsome... how he getz married and has a kid and the way he showz he carez,, it all jus makez him the great person he really waz meant to be.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
Years
I don't really have a favorite arch. Though, I did like the Cell arch.

My favorite villian is a toss up between Vegeta and Boo. Both are awesome. I love Vegeta's whole, battle me thing against Goku. I mean, everytime he wants to fight Goku. For Boo; who doesn't like a plump pink alien running around turning people into food? XD

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Favorite Story Arc
Hmm. My favourite arc would probably have to be the Tournament arc from the original Dragon Ball. Jackie Chun ftw! \o/
Favorite Villain
King Piccolo. He made a great villain. Not to mention, a great ally later on. xD;
Even if that wasn't him, but his offspring. :V

Enigma

Years
Nice to see what everyone's responses were. Now that I finally have time, I'm now continuing from where I left off in DB. I would like to mention how awesome the Ox King is. Oh, and how I think Chi Chi's outfit in DB looks like it's from Mega Man. xD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The Blue Bomber in a thong? Looks more like Bomberman or Cutman then Megaman. At least in the helmet. Other then that it doesn't look like any Megaman character Roll included. Ox King, meh he came off as a push over. I bet he was the Krillin when him and Gohan were training with Roshi xD. At least he is not uber fail like Yamcha. He loses to Roshi will and Ice Fist blast, gets his his leg broken by Tien(who was a super badass at the time), then he lost to Kami disguised as Hero and handily beats down Yamcha.

Years
How did i not see this before?
Jackie Chun says Peace.

My favorite character is Gotenks because he is humourous yet has a lot of bloodlust as well. My favorite arc was the Cell arc though. SSJ2 Gohan was just awesome.

Back