• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☼ The Fortress of Flames ☼ (Fire type fanclub)

If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?

• Ho-oh.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reshiram.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It could be either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I usually pick fires for starters too.. occasionally grass... even rarer water...

Ah well I haven't gotten into the 5th generation (as of yet) - I've mainly stuck to the first 3
Wish I still had all mine.

I would loved to use Charizard in the original Red/Blue games again for sure.

Typhlosion was alright, I think he's better than Charizard (Same stats in 5th Gen also, lesser movepool but no 4x Weakness either, plus Earthquake can hurt it). That's just my opinion though. Blaziken, I fell in love with when Ruby/Sapphire was released. I didn't like Infernape in 4th Generation but still chose him and prefer him over the other 2 of Torterra/Empoleon. and Emboar
- the only Fire Starter Pokemon I never chose, and I passionately hate the look of it. Thank goodness for Seperior, FTW!

So..practically Fire/Fighting combo, Blaziken is best :)

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Wish I still had all mine.

I would loved to use Charizard in the original Red/Blue games again for sure.

Typhlosion was alright, I think he's better than Charizard (Same stats in 5th Gen also, lesser movepool but no 4x Weakness either, plus Earthquake can hurt it). That's just my opinion though. Blaziken, I fell in love with when Ruby/Sapphire was released. I didn't like Infernape in 4th Generation but still chose him and prefer him over the other 2 of Torterra/Empoleon. and Emboar
- the only Fire Starter Pokemon I never chose, and I passionately hate the look of it. Thank goodness for Seperior, FTW!

So..practically Fire/Fighting combo, Blaziken is best :)

Yeah, I've gotta admit that Blaziken is pretty cool :) . I've seen those latest starter pokemon (haven't looked deeply into the other new pokemon) they're bringing out and yeah... definitely not as catchy as the ones in the first 3 gens

haha yeah seperior looks pretty cool though :D

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
I also chose the Blaziken line in Ruby and Emerald. I liked the fact that unlike Charmander, Torchic could evolve into Combusken and become neutral to Rock. My Combusken nailed Roxanne's Pokemon with Stab Double Kick.

But 3 Fire/Fighting starters in 3 consecutive generations is a little too much, I think.

Years
I also chose the Blaziken line in Ruby and Emerald. I liked the fact that unlike Charmander, Torchic could evolve into Combusken and become neutral to Rock. My Combusken nailed Roxanne's Pokemon with Stab Double Kick.

But 3 Fire/Fighting starters in 3 consecutive generations is a little too much, I think.

I didn't mind the 3 Fire/Fighting starters in 3 consecutive generations. Infernape was my fave of that little trio.

I have a female Blaziken in Black.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I think Torchic would be an amazing pet. Especially since Torchic is warm to hug. Now I think of it, I'd really want Torchic as a pet.

As for the quiz:
Spoiler:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
pics of the The PotW [Rapidash] :
Spoiler:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
I think Torchic would be an amazing pet. Especially since Torchic is warm to hug. Now I think of it, I'd really want Torchic as a pet.

As for the quiz:
Spoiler:

Is that an answer or a question? Anyway, your right :)

Now who wants more Fire/Dragon types? I know I do.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I find the Fire/Dragon combination sort of redundant but that combination can have some interesting designs. If we ever get another Fire/Dragon, then I'm looking forward to see its design.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
I'd like some, just as long as they aren't the mascots. We have too many dragon mascots.

You said it. When Emerald came out I was like "Nice, a dragon mascot!" When BW came out, I was "More dragons on the box art? Meh!"

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Well, there have been other types that show up a lot... If you count them up, Dragon is leading with 6 while Fire has 3. Water has 4 and Flying has 4 as well. Electric somehow has 2 Pokemon on the box art. Most people just look at the Dragon type when a dual type mascot comes up, but in truth, there are a lot of mascots with different types.

AmiEkcona

Pokemon Master
Years
Name- AmiEkcona
Starter- Liz the Charmander
Reason for joining- I love most of the Fire-typed legendaries and starter Pokemon.

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, AmiEkcona :). You'll have a blast here.

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Name- ShinyHoundoom
Starter- Dualith the Houndoom
Reason for joining- I've always had a place in my pokeheart for fire types. If I don't start with a fire type, I will use a fire type in the game
Referred by- No one

Just to know a bit more about me I'll answer some questions.

☼ Which is the strongest Fire type Pokemon?
To me it's a tie between Reshiram and Ho-oh. Both of them are very powerful and have their weakness

☼ Which Fire type starter is the best?
Blaziken. Fire/Fighting is a combination that I like.

☼ Which Fire type legendary is the best?
As I said before tie between Reshiram and Ho-oh. Heatran is also good.

☼ Which is your favourite Fire type move?
The classic Flamethrower.

☼ Who the best Fire type Gym Leader?
The original Fire gym leader, Blane.

☼ Which Fire type has the best shiny sprite?
Houndoom, Rapidash, and Ninetales

☼ Do you think Fire types can successfully be used defensively?
No. Most of the better Fire types are frail. Those that are defensive have some bad weaknesses.

☼ Which Fire Pokemon are overrated or underrated?

Overrated: Charizard, Infernape, Ho-oh, Reshiram
Underrated: Ninetails, Arcanine, Typhlosion, Houndoom

☼* If the Fire types Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?
Hard to answer that one

☼* Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?
Torchic, Growlithe and Flareon

☼* Is Rotom-Heat better as Electric/Fire or was it better as Electric/Ghost?
Electric/Fire for STAB.

☼* Dragon are often associated with Fire, but there's only 1 Fire/Dragon Pokemon. Should there be more?

Not really.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Name- ShinyHoundoom
Starter- Dualith the Houndoom
Reason for joining- I've always had a place in my pokeheart for fire types. If I don't start with a fire type, I will use a fire type in the game
Referred by- No one

Just to know a bit more about me I'll answer some questions.

☼ Which is the strongest Fire type Pokemon?
To me it's a tie between Reshiram and Ho-oh. Both of them are very powerful and have their weakness

☼ Which Fire type starter is the best?
Blaziken. Fire/Fighting is a combination that I like.

☼ Which Fire type legendary is the best?
As I said before tie between Reshiram and Ho-oh. Heatran is also good.

☼ Which is your favourite Fire type move?
The classic Flamethrower.

☼ Who the best Fire type Gym Leader?
The original Fire gym leader, Blane.

☼ Which Fire type has the best shiny sprite?
Houndoom, Rapidash, and Ninetales

☼ Do you think Fire types can successfully be used defensively?
No. Most of the better Fire types are frail. Those that are defensive have some bad weaknesses.

☼ Which Fire Pokemon are overrated or underrated?

Overrated: Charizard, Infernape, Ho-oh, Reshiram
Underrated: Ninetails, Arcanine, Typhlosion, Houndoom

☼* If the Fire types Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?
Hard to answer that one

☼* Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?
Torchic, Growlithe and Flareon

☼* Is Rotom-Heat better as Electric/Fire or was it better as Electric/Ghost?
Electric/Fire for STAB.

☼* Dragon are often associated with Fire, but there's only 1 Fire/Dragon Pokemon. Should there be more?

Not really.
Infernape isn't that overrated.

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Infernape isn't that overrated.

Well, it's more towards the Metagame (Wi-fi) that makes me say Infernape is overrated. Look at that thing! Such a big movepool and stats spread out so nicely that it can do quite a few things. Maybe it's not so much seen in 5th gen but it was big (and very hyped) in 4th gen at least from what I saw.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, Limanya and ShinyHoundoom!

To tell the truth, the 5th gen Metagame isn't very kind to Fire types in general with Rain and Sand running rampant. But Infernape, IMO can definitely be an asset to a team if played right. You can no longer use it like 4th gen. Focus Sash lead sets are not so viable, as leads don't exist anymore, and if you don't lead with Infernape it's more than likely your Sash'd be broken by Rocks or Sandstorm. Where it shines, however, is wallbreaking. Fire/Fighting Stab lets it punch huge holes in Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Blissey, Chansey, Skarmory, Porygon2 and a LOT other 'mons. It's also a surprisingly good revenge killer and priority user. So I don't see why Infernape shouldn't deserve some love.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years

To tell the truth, the 5th gen Metagame isn't very kind to Fire types in general with Rain and Sand running rampant. But Infernape, IMO can definitely be an asset to a team if played right. You can no longer use it like 4th gen. Focus Sash lead sets are not so viable, as leads don't exist anymore, and if you don't lead with Infernape it's more than likely your Sash'd be broken by Rocks or Sandstorm. Where it shines, however, is wallbreaking. Fire/Fighting Stab lets it punch huge holes in Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Blissey, Chansey, Skarmory, Porygon2 and a LOT other 'mons. It's also a surprisingly good revenge killer and priority user. So I don't see why Infernape shouldn't deserve some love.

In Diamond i chose Chimchar as a starter, Inferno is now level 100, and i beat the e4 with Infernape, Alakazam and Staraptor. Trained them a lot of course. But Infernape is one of my favorite Fire type Pokemon :)

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years

Thank you for letting me join. I think I will have fun here

Infernape does deserve it, but at least in 4th gen it was getting too much. If anyone was going to use a Fire type more often than not it was Infernape even though Heatran was another good option from the OU tier. It kinda also made Blaziken look really bad in comparison. Now with dream world abilities around Blaziken shot up in useability. Heck I might even say that Blaziken is a little overrated. Would Blaziken really have this much praise (that it gets banned in Metagame) if Speed Boost wasn't it's dream world ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back