• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♪♪ What's up ♪♪

Beefinator

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    I actually lurked around PC in the past. I stopped visiting PC back in July 09 due to lack of interest but because of my boredom, I decided to join some forums. While I was lurking around 2 years ago, I never actually made an introduction so I decided to make one now.

Hello, my name is Angus and I am a healthy 15 year old male. Because I was born on February 29, I have only experienced 3 real birthdays so far. :P

I've played Pokemon since 2nd Generation but known about it since 1st Generation. I no longer play because all the new Pokemon look fan-made and crappy. Although there are one or two cool 5th Gen Pokemon, most of them are crudely designed though. To be honest, I started to dislike all the Pokemon after 2nd Generation. I also don't enjoy the repetitive story-line in the original games so I decided to try ROM hacks again.

I'm a big fan of manga and anime but I enjoy manga more. One series I liked the most was 'Onani Master Kurosawa'. Be warned as the story does involves mature content but doesn't show clear nudity. You can really feel the emotions of all the characters and the drama is so intense. Not to mention the artwork isn't horrible.

Other than being an Otaku, I'm also an addicted gamer as well. I've had all the PlayStation consoles but I don't really use them anymore. I'm more of a computer gamer than a console gamer nowadays. I currently play League of Legends a lot but I still keep up to date with Maplestory. I actually quit Maplestory because of how messed up it currently is but it's entertaining to keep updated with most of the content and drama. In case you didn't know, League of Legends is a really fun Real Time Strategy game which is becoming more and more popular. Especially if you play with friends.

Well that's it for my introduction. I hope to have a great time here in PC! b^_^d

Last edited:
    Years
  • I actually lurked around PC in the past. I stopped visiting PC back in July 09 due to lack of interest but because of my boredom, I decided to join some forums. While I was lurking around 2 years ago, I never actually made an introduction so I decided to make one now.

Hello, my name is Angus and I am a healthy 15 year old male. Because I was born on February 29, I have only experienced 3 real birthdays so far. :P

I've played Pokemon since 2nd Generation but known about it since 1st Generation. I no longer play because all the new Pokemon look fan-made and crappy. Although there are one or two cool 5th Gen Pokemon, most of them are crudely designed though. To be honest, I started to dislike all the Pokemon after 2nd Generation. I also don't enjoy the repetitive story-line in the original games so I decided to try ROM hacks again.

I'm a big fan of manga and anime but I enjoy manga more. One series I liked the most was 'Onani Master Kurosawa'. Be warned as the story does involves mature content but doesn't show clear nudity. You can really feel the emotions of all the characters and the drama is so intense. Not to mention the artwork isn't horrible.

Other than being an Otaku, I'm also an addicted gamer as well. I've had all the PlayStation consoles but I don't really use them anymore. I'm more of a computer gamer than a console gamer nowadays. I currently play League of Legends a lot but I still keep up to date with Maplestory. I actually quit Maplestory because of how messed up it currently is but it's entertaining to keep updated with most of the content and drama. In case you didn't know, League of Legends is a really fun Real Time Strategy game which is becoming more and more popular. Especially if you play with friends.

Well that's it for my introduction. I hope to have a great time here in PC! b^_^d

Hi Beefinator, so sorry you often have to celebrate your "fake" birthday on Feb 28/Mar 1.

I was born in October, so I don't go through that dilemma.

At least you'll be having another real birthday in 2012!

Just remember, your real birthday happens in a year that a Summer Olympics will be held.

Since you like older Pokemon, you should check out the Original 151 Club in our Pokemon Groups section.

That's all I can tell you right now, I'll see you again sometime!

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hello there and welcome to the forums, glad you finally made an introduction or you will never get yourself known to the community! Wow that had been a very long time. But it's awesome that your back and all now! Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, but I think the 29th of February is really special, so don't think sad things about it.

I've also been a fan of the old games, such as G/S/C and R/B/Y. Actually what had really gotten me into Pokemon was G/S/C rather than R/B/Y. I don't know, it just seems that I enjoyed it much more than R/B/Y and I had lots of friends when I started playing Pokemon since majority of my classmates plays it as well! I think that made me really love G/S/C more than anything else. tehe; And yes, the storyline is repetitive but it's still fun the way it is. We do have the Metal/Color GBC board here, which is pretty active too so be sure to check it out if you want to discuss about the old games!

The current games aren't that bad too, although I understand why you don't like them. I really didn't like them at first because of the designs, it just seems different to me and new. But when I played Pokemon White, all of my opinions changed, I eventually got used to them and started to like some of 'em. So why don't you try playing it? :3

ROM-Hacks? Yes, they're sure a lot of fun. I make ROM-Hacks too although I'm just a beginner and I still ain't that good. There's a lot of awesome ROM-hacks in the Emulation board, and there had been lots of completed hack ever since two years ago. Why don't you try learning too? It's hard when you first see all of the tutorials, but it's definitely worth it! ^^;;

There are also lots of Manga fans here, I'm sure you'd be able to relate with them and possibly make friends too! You can visit the Japanese Entertainment section for things like that! Your addiction to video games must be felt in the Video Games section! There are still lots of boards here that you might wanna check out and might interest you so take your time to explore around 'kay? :D

I also used to play Maplestory, It's such a cute game. I love how the characters are really small and the graphics is amazing too. Although, I quit when I was too busy watching lots of anime and also other games, though I think I would never get back into playing online games again.

I'm sure you'd have lots of fun here! If you still haven't given the rules a read, make sure to do so now. You don't want to get into any of these so-called scary troubles, noo? PC is very strict so, keep in mind the rules as always. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact any staff members around, they're really nice and approachable and they don't bite! ^^:;

Have a great time and see you around the board, Lovelots! <3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]I actually feel bad for those people that have their birthdays on February 29th. but hey, you have one coming up this year, which is exciting huh?

Welcome back to pc! Lets hope you become much more active than the last time you were here. PC is better than ever, with even more stuff to explore, and tons of things to do + contribute!

Any person like you with an interest in manga is always welcome here at pc. You should take a visit to our japanese entertainment section of the forums so you can talk about it with other fans. <3

You can send me a message if you have any questions and stuff, and ill be of assistance! Have a great time here and ill see ya![/SIZE]

Years
  • Hmm, not quite sure what to say here... quite an intro.

First off, Welcome to PC.

I agree with you about all the new Pokemon looking fan-made and crappy. I too started to dislike the Pokemon after the second generation, they seem to have ran out of ideas for Pokemon designs.

I'm not much into Manga myself but I do watch quite a bit of Anime. Mainly Bleach, Naruto and Bakuman (an Anime about aspiring Manga Artists/Writers, weird really).
    Haven't heard of Onani Master Kurosawa, might check it out. (Then again I might not, seeing as how the name means... well, you know.)

Computer gaming is where it's at, I've played League of Legends before... not really good at it, then again... I was never good at DOTA on WC3. My brother plays LoL and does live streams and tournaments.

Anyways.
    Once again, Welcome to PC. I hope you decide to stick around and enjoy your stay here.

~Unknown

Beefinator

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012

The current games aren't that bad too, although I understand why you don't like them. I really didn't like them at first because of the designs, it just seems different to me and new. But when I played Pokemon White, all of my opinions changed, I eventually got used to them and started to like some of 'em. So why don't you try playing it? :3

I've already played Pokemon Black on my DS before. I grew up with pokemon in my childhood so I don't let bad designs bring my childhood passion down. I don't play Pokemon competitively so I kept restarting the game and attempting to use different teams to beat the game. I tend to get bored of the game after I finish the game twice though.

ROM-Hacks? Yes, they're sure a lot of fun. I make ROM-Hacks too although I'm just a beginner and I still ain't that good. There's a lot of awesome ROM-hacks in the Emulation board, and there had been lots of completed hack ever since two years ago. Why don't you try learning too? It's hard when you first see all of the tutorials, but it's definitely worth it! ^^;;

I actually remember spending lots of time trying to create one in the past but ending giving up because I had to buy a new computer and my laziness prevented me from transfering the files. Not to mention my young age, so I probably didn't really know how to code the npc's very well. Now that I'm older, I may consider trying coding one.

Computer gaming is where it's at, I've played League of Legends before... not really good at it, then again... I was never good at DOTA on WC3. My brother plays LoL and does live streams and tournaments.
    Being bad at the game shouldn't be a reason to not enjoy it! It's all about how much fun you get from the game than your skill. However skill makes it more fun though.
    I'm interested about your brother! If you know, what's his ingame name and what team is he in? I'd be thrilled if I could watch some of his streams.

Haven't heard of Onani Master Kurosawa, might check it out. (Then again I might not, seeing as how the name means... well, you know.)
    If you feel awkward about those 'scenes', you could skip to the middle where it starts to get good. But if you skip the beginning, you'll be reading the Effect part of the manga and you miss the Cause part.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Welcome to the forums, huh? For some reason, I'm more partial to the Generation IV/V designs. Maybe I don't really like the usual look that earlier Pokémon have, but then again, I'm always in for new things, so I guess we're different in that regard.

Anyway, I think you'll still be able to find someone to chat and discuss about the older games in general and also about Pokémon in general, huh?

Have fun around the forums. I hope to see you again!

Back