• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

Nah, I just couldn't think of anything else (my idea was to get an underrated pokemon and become somehow related to it). Although victreebel is one of the most threatening pokemon in NU and also pretty good in OU too (although it is outclassed by venusaur)
Lileep is my second favourite Hoenn pokemon (first is Blaziken) as well as my favourite rock, grass and fossil pokemon. So yeah...

Lileep is great then! I believe it is a much better fossil than the other one and it's Grass/Rock typing is really unique. I believe it makes him stand out even in a region that had many other great Grass types as well!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Welcome, Victreebel's Bro! Thanks for joining! I have added you to the member list with the two Pokemon you chose! Hope you have fun discussing grass-types with us! :D

Hah! Just take a look at my signature! The team I battle with the most and am most proud of is my grass team.

Ferrothorn
With incredible defenses and ability, nothing works better than Ferrothorn in tanking those outrages and ice type attacks.

Sceptile
Sceptile is here to bring special pressure to an otherwise physically attacking team and to get rid of scarfed/fast sweepers like Yanmega.

Jumpluff
One of my main sweepers and bug counters. Sometimes I can get the element of surprise as Jumpluff is underestimated for its sweeping potential. Here's a battle showing off its sweeping potential!

Breloom
There isn't a pokemon that can change the tide of the battle as quickly as Breloom here. It's a staple on grass and fighting teams alike and there's a reason it's one of the most feared pokemon out there.

Shiftry
Priority is almost a necessity on any team and Shiftry's ability to break focus sashes and strike with a sucker punch is invaluable.

Tangrowth
There has yet to be a single brave bird that has been able to OHKO Tangrowth. It's also my outrage absorber if Ferrothorn falls. It's incredibly high defenses has helped against many teams and I laugh at people's attempt to overpower Tangrowth with physical attacks as not even a 2X boosted fire punch from Draagonite can OHKO Tangrowth, where I'm waiting with HP ice.

There's my team on paper, and here's my team in action! One of my best battles.

That's quite the team! The first video has definitely made me want to catch a Hoppip in HG! The second was just plain impressive.

Jelli, you may choose another Pokemon from the list because you have made more than five positive posts! I'll be adding two Pokemon myself! ^^

Sirfetch’d

Jelli, you may choose another Pokemon from the list because you have made more than five positive posts! I'll be adding two Pokemon myself! ^^

Yay! I am happy about this because now I can choose Treecko. I picked him because as I have stated before he is my favorite Grass starter of all time and one of my favorite Pokemon of all time as well. I love using him on my playthroughs of Emerald because he is such a cool and collected Pokemon.

Years
I suggest a challenge:

Beat any Pokémon game of your choice using only grass-type pokémon.

That actually sounds pretty fun, any other rules? i mean it must me allowed to catch a water type to use surf and so on but not use it in battle right?
Think im starting tomorrow :D

Poki

Banned
Years
That actually sounds pretty fun, any other rules? i mean it must me allowed to catch a water type to use surf and so on but not use it in battle right?
Think im starting tomorrow :D

Oh yeah, I forgot to add rules. Silly me! :'D

- You can use other types for HM purposes.
- Must use grass-type pokémon only. (except for HM's, like mentioned above)

I guess those are the rules. ^ :3

Sirfetch’d

So I assume this challenge is basically a Monotype Challenge? Like it would follow the same rules and all.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Username: Snowdrop
My Nickname: Skitters or Snow
Pokemon by my Side: Chrysanthemum the Chikorita (Partner) & Understory the Tropius
Topic: I love Grass Type Pokemon because they're underrated. I like underused and under-appreciated things. I think they're beautiful, I mean most of them have excellent designs. If I weren't afraid of bugs, I would love to be more observant of nature and see all sorts of plants and things. So I guess Grass Types sort of represent the beauty of nature minus all the ugly bugs :D
Topic 2: My favorite Gym Leader would probably be Gardenia, she's got a cool look about her.
Least Favorite Grass Type: Simisage is extremely uncreative and Ferrothorn is just ugly.

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Welcome snowdrop!
I can agree that the grass type is a very underrated type. Pokemon like Sceptile (who is one of the fastest pokemon in the game if it has umburden) is only in the RU (rarely used) tier! You also chose some pretty interesting partner pokemon. Chikorita is no doubt one of the most underrated starter pokemon, and same for Tropius (exept it isnt a starter, of course!). I never used either of them, but id say if you train them the right way they can be pretty good. I also agree that simisage is uncreative (along with the other simi-whatevers)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Grass, Poison, and perhaps even Normal are underrated types, but really Grass is. I think Gamefreak goofed a bit in giving them so many weaknesses.

He is, I mean I know he's supposed to be of the Grass Element but I'm sure there was a much better way to design him than stick a bush on his head and the end of his tail :/ He looks like a fan-made Fakemon, honestly.

Yeah, a lot of people don't like poor Chiko because she is competitively worse than a lot of the other starters. I don't know, Meganium can be pretty bulky :/

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Welcome to the club Snow!

Grass is pretty underrated, especially in competitive play. I've had several people say gg (good game) to me before the match even starts. Meganium is extremely bulky and can wall several pokemon in NU. Not a fan of Simisage either.

Hyzenthlay

Years
Sorry I couldn't reply for a while everyone. Been busy!

Anyway, now that I'm back on track I'd like to welcome our newest club member, Snow! :D You have now been approved!

@Betty the challenge sounds great! Hope everyone enjoys it! I won't be able to join myself because I have no Pokemon games with an incomplete file that I will be able to play on, which is too bad. Sounds fun, though!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I already beat Black 2 with Serperior so does that count towards the challenge? If it does then sweet! If it doesn't than I don't know if I'm going to accept it or not. I'll decide later.

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
That sounds really interesting! I might start a grass monotype challenge once I'm done with my nuzlocke (or once I lose [I currently have a Servine and a Leavanny {along with an Arcanine and Trapinch |WOW this is a lot of brackets!|}])

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
Seems the last topic has died, so it's time for a new one to get the club going again! :D

If you could be any grass-type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?
My first chose would probably be Whimsicott, and not just because it's one of my favourite Pokemon. Imagine lying back onto that huge heap of cotton wool! Resting comfortably in your own fur and just dozing off in the sun... What a luxury a Whimsicott's life must be! Plus it's a little prankster. :D
These Pokémon sneak through gaps into houses and cause all sorts of mischief
How cute!

If I had to choose another it would be Tropius. Mainly for the reasons that it's large, eats fruit all day and can fly!

Sirfetch’d

If you could be any grass-type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?

I'd probably choose to be Breloom! As I have stated before, I really love this Pokemon and part of that reason is because he is so cool. I would love to be able to have hhis strength and abilities if I were a Pokemon. I would be able to induce sleep with the move Spore and then proceed to defeating my opponents. I'd also be able to get a quick hit with my Mach Punch.

If I had to pick another though, it would be Cottonee. Cottonee is just so soft and cuddly that who wouldn't want to be one? You could get so many hugs from your trainer because you are essentially a pillow. I would just float along with the wind and it would be amazing~!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Jellicentfan1 beat me to Breloom. It's just so powerful!

My other choice would be Sceptile as it's quick and agile. I think it would be fun to jump from tree to tree. Sorry Serperior, I know you're my favorite, but I like having arms...

Icecream_pokemons

Y u hate on icecream pokemon?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
Yay! A club for this type!
Username: icecream_pokemons
Nickname: Icecream
My two pokemon: Snivy and tropius.
Partner names: none for snivy and my tropius will be mango
Fav grass type starter? Snivy cause I just really like snivy

Status